Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarsdd

- DM to stop us leaking goals - Bissouma - 35m
- RW like Dembele to feed Ronaldo and beat players - free
- FDR - 80m

Ronaldo knows what's up, we should make him part time DOF
:lol: I had to laugh because I'm not sure you're being serous given the state of some posters in these Ronaldo threads

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
:lol: I had to laugh because I'm not sure you're being serous given the state of some posters in these Ronaldo threads
I think he was. There are a lot of fans who are players first then club. Like the Beckham fanbois. Besides Mbappe has set the precedence.

OpenIntrovert

Agree. Ronnie did exactly the same thing to Juve this time last year. They must be smirking away and thinking 'i told you so'.
Another of Woodward's bright ideas coming back to bite us.
He wasnt convinced about Juve's ambitions and to be fair, he stayed with them 3 seasons despite their decline in squad talent. Ronaldo isnt that bothered about CL or EL, its about the standards of the club and whether they want to raise it.

Ekeke

Hopefully it makes us buckle up and get some proper transfer business done in order to make him feel like we have a realistic chance of winning something.

Mainoldo

Hopefully it makes us buckle up and get some proper transfer business done in order to make him feel like we have a realistic chance of winning something.
Really???

The man’s 37 who requires two runners just to allow him to continue to stat pad.

It’s easier for us to win things with him gone. Especially with a manager who likes a system.

Ekeke

Really???

The man’s 37 who requires two runners just to allow him to continue to stat pad.

It’s easier for us to win things with him gone. Especially with a manager who likes a system.
We need so many improvements that adding more replacements makes no sense. With Ronaldo going now we'd need to spend loads on a forward who could score the goals he would

Mainoldo

We need so many improvements that adding more replacements makes no sense. With Ronaldo going now we'd need to spend loads on a forward who could score the goals he would
It’s true. But we don’t need to replace him. We have Martial and Rashford who can do a job.

Just change the profile of the right winger. Which can easily be done by getting someone like Gnabry.

Kaos

Meh whatever. Thanks for the memories but the CF position was one we were going to have to remedy soon enough anyway, and this just accelerates that.

I’m just worried we’ll end up panic signing someone like Depay or DCL. Not signing Nunez has really fecked us.

Ekeke

It’s true. But we don’t need to replace him. We have Martial and Rashford who can do a job.

Just change the profile of the right winger. Which can easily be done by getting someone like Gnabry.
Theres not a chance that gets us the goals Ronaldo did last season

Kaos

Rashford and Martial haven’t done any kind of job for us in almost two years. It would be sheer insanity to start the season with those two as our only CF options.

Mainoldo

Theres not a chance that gets us the goals Ronaldo did last season
Why not? Bruno Fernandes goals dried up as soon as CR7 came in. We could easily of predicted this would happen.

Can you honestly say we will lose 18 league goals now because he’s not here?

They’ll just come elsewhere. Gnabry easily has 10 league goals in him and Bruno another 5-8 when he starts taking pens again.

Then we factor in Martial and Rashford scoring more than 4. I think we will be okay in all honesty. We just lose a massive marketing tool.

Mainoldo

Rashford and Martial haven’t done any kind of job for us in almost two years. It would be sheer insanity to start the season with those two as our only CF options.
Is our manager not the guy that got Haller a move to Dortmund and to break some Champs league goal scoring record?

Is Haller better than Martial and Rashford?

city-puma

Sancho = first season bedding in hopefully.
Rashford = prolonged bad form and poor attitude. Always been a purple patch player even when his numbers added up by the end of the season.
Martial= Just not got what it takes and it's been evident for a long time.
Elanga= young and inexperienced, but from what I've seen at first and youth team level he's not going to be top class and he's not a big goalscorer either.

All of the above are best on the LW.

Now tell me your logic behind your opinion that "we're heading in the right direction".

Reports suggest even the club don't want to sell Ronaldo, with ETH planning to use him, and that if we do then ETH is going to push for another attacker. So even the club probably don't agree with you.

But I'm intrigued anyway.
We are heading to the right direction because the club is reshaping the structure. What are you thinking it is?

Kaos

Is our manager not the guy that got Haller a move to Dortmund and to break some Champs league goal scoring record?

Is Haller better than Martial and Rashford?
Haller is an actual CF for starters. And for what it’s worth I wouldn’t have signed him either, he wasn’t exactly brilliant during his premier league stint.

Mainoldo

Haller is an actual CF for starters. And for what it’s worth I wouldn’t have signed him either, he wasn’t exactly brilliant during his premier league stint.
Exactly but he did a job for them. We just need our strikers to do a job. Couldn’t really care if there name was CR7 or Tammy Abraham.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hope that we learnt the lesson from last season not to keep an unhappy player on board. United is bigger then Ronaldo. There again its time for the owners to dig deep in their pockets. We need to spend some serious cash at this point.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
There’s no doubt Ronaldo brings goals. But it’s interesting that Rashford fell off a cliff last year, your squad broke up into cliques apparently arguing over who should be captain. Your pressing was erratic and style pretty random.

Ronaldo does not really fit with the team ethic idea that ETH supposedly likes. I think his staying for another season just delays the changes ETH can fully make, whereas his going now could well be a blessing in disguise.

sglowrider

There’s no doubt Ronaldo brings goals. But it’s interesting that Rashford fell off a cliff last year, your squad broke up into cliques apparently arguing over who should be captain. Your pressing was erratic and style pretty random.

Ronaldo does not really for with the team ethic idea that ETH supposedly likes. I think his staying for another season just delays the changes ETH can fully make, whereas his going now could well be a blessing in disguise.
100% agree. Ronaldo was the game-changer last season -- in a negative way.

mshnsh

Ronaldo does not really for with the team ethic idea that ETH supposedly likes. I think his staying for another season just delays the changes ETH can fully make, whereas his going now could well be a blessing in disguise.
Ronaldo scored goals but the team went backwards. He had a bad influence on the team on the pitch as well as on the young players.

When he left the first time he disrespected the club, Alex Ferguson and the fans. Some of them still loved him for whatever reason. However, this time it is different. United are a mess and he obviously wants to play in UCL. And obviously he has found a club that would take him likely Juve or Chelsea or maybe even Psg. Maybe Bayern, although they just signed Mane.

Blood Mage

The top reds coming for Ronaldo for questioning the club's ambition during this farce of a transfer window are doing my head in. He's right to call it out and right to try and get the hell out of here.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

"Martial and Rashford who can do a job", by this defintion most strikers in Europe could do a job tbh.
We don't need any random striker, we need goals and lots of them. Last season with Ronaldo, it was still ridiculously low, I don't see Rashford and Martial not only covering that gap but improving on it. It just won't happen

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Saying he wants to leave ‘if the club receives a satisfactory offer’ is an odd tactic because this club never receives satisfactory offers.

Mainoldo

"Martial and Rashford who can do a job", by this defintion most strikers in Europe could do a job tbh.
We don't need any random striker, we need goals and lots of them. Last season with Ronaldo, it was still ridiculously low, I don't see Rashford and Martial not only covering that gap but improving on it. It just won't happen
We improve as a team without Ronaldo. Am I living in some parallel universe where everyone has forgot what Ronaldo is. He scores Goals but he also takes them away from the rest of your team.

kouroux

Ronaldo does not really fit with the team ethic idea that ETH supposedly likes. I think his staying for another season just delays the changes ETH can fully make, whereas his going now could well be a blessing in disguise.
Rashford fell off a cliff last year well before last year, just like Bruno Fernandes tbh. Ronaldo comes with bagages and problems tbh but our team's issues were there before him.

suheilsworld

Completely happy with this and hope he leaves. With everything happening since arrival of ETH, players departing , players supposedly incoming, style of play - CR was one of the major thing that doesn’t fit that story line. I didn’t thing he would work with ETH but hoped it might. Also helps gets our wage bill down and changes the whole ideology of players asking for higher salaries and creating some kind of sensible wage structure. I believe DDG will become the highest paid after CR leaves

On the fence about if we need someone to replace him.
- One one hand we now have Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Elanga, Garnacho to play in that top 3 positions along with the possibility of deploying Bruno if he wants to shoe in VDB and FDJ in the same starting XI
- on the other hand I wouldn’t want us to splash silly cash on DCL or Memphis or even Ekitike. Antony is my first option but spending the amount of money Ajax wants is insane (80m I think) if we get him for 50m it’s decent. Next option would be Gnabry. Massively improves us.

kouroux

We improve as a team without Ronaldo. Am I living in some parallel universe where everyone has forgot what Ronaldo is. He scores Goals but he also takes them away from the rest of your team.
What were Rashford and Martial doing before Ronaldo ? Why did the club feel necessary to bring the likes of Ighalo and Cavani ?
Ronaldo affects the team according to you and it's up for debate but one thing I know for sure, Man United cannot rely on Rashford and Martial to improve the team. They're just not good enough on the ball nor decisive enough in the final third. Hopefully we buy another player in attack otherwise this upcoming season can already be forgotten

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Rashford was poor for 18 months before. You can't put that on Ronaldo.
And what cliques were there? Basically Ronaldo and De Gea played well the rest were well off their usual.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Rashford fell off a cliff last year well before last year, just like Bruno Fernandes tbh. Ronaldo comes with bagages and problems tbh but our team's issues were there before him.
5 goals in 31 games last season compared to 21 in 57 the season before.

I know there issues in 20/21 but last season he fell off a cliff completely. It may not be Ronaldo but the difference in your team last season and the season before is huge in pretty much all positions.

Laurencio

I don't believe it for a second, but Romano made a video late last night in which he said that Ronaldo is demanding either a transfer or that the club undertake significant investment in the squad ASAP.

Personally I think he just wants out, but Romano suggests he's trying to force the board to agree to a much higher budget.

sglowrider

I don't believe it for a second, but Romano made a video late last night in which he said that Ronaldo is demanding either a transfer or that the club aign off on significant investment in the squad.

Personally I think he just wants out, but Romano suggests he's trying to force the board to agree to a much higher budget.
Learning from Mbappe

kouroux

5 goals in 31 games last season compared to 21 in 57 the season before.

I know there issues in 20/21 but last season he fell off a cliff completely. It may not be Ronaldo but the difference in your team last season and the season before is huge in pretty much all positions.
True, no one will dispute that. I just find it funny how all of sudden, some problematic players we've had will magically turn into solutions. Rashford can and should get better, I just don't see him covering the level of productivity required to improve massively

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't believe it for a second, but Romano made a video late last night in which he said that Ronaldo is demanding either a transfer or that the club undertake significant investment in the squad ASAP.

I'm hoping it's the investment routine, and if that's what it takes to hurry our clowns along then I applaud it.

Strelok

I hope that we learnt the lesson from last season not to keep an unhappy player on board. United is bigger then Ronaldo. There again its time for the owners to dig deep in their pockets. We need to spend some serious cash at this point.
Bang on.

It's not like the club doesn't have the money. Simply because of those greedy scumbags that we can't spend the money we earn. It's not even 'dig deep in their pockets' just let the club spend the money it earns instead of pocketing that money.

Ronaldo leaving will force those wankers to buy a new striker. Which we should do anyway regardless of him staying or not. He simply can't play all the games next season if stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.