Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ahhh of course, forgot that you played countless games with him. What position did you play? Right bench?
No, I just had to see him on the pitch and seeing how his teammates responded to him, that and the dozen or so articles about how he's viewed by his teammates throughout the years. But good counter-points, next you'll tell me I can't talk about football because I never played professionally?

Ladron de redcafe

All the other links are believable of course, but the PSG one is a total joke. Anyone with the IQ of a dog would know that Ronaldo and Messi will never want to play in one team.
Suurree. Must be fake simply because it's embarrassing for the poor chap :lol:

Ladron de redcafe

I always found it funny how some viewed this moment as if he was some great leader when he was clearly just trying to make a show of himself because he can't stand not having the limelight on him and he couldn't play the biggest game of his international career.

He is insufferable as a teammate.
Ostentatious display that had a lot of people cringing.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I always found it funny how some viewed this moment as if he was some great leader when he was clearly just trying to make a show of himself because he can't stand not having the limelight on him and he couldn't play the biggest game of his international career.

He is insufferable as a teammate.
I feel the same way. He's so narcissistic but some people call it mentality and leadership. With Ronnie it's all about him and always has been.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So we’ve brought in an up and coming manager on the strength of his having extremely strong ideas about how the game should be played, and force him to completely abandon those ideas in order to accommodate a 37 year old stopgap striker?

Now this I absolutely agree with; the evidence was there last season when he suddenly started banging them in once we were out of all the cups.

Is he going to accept that though? Perhaps (very much perhaps) his realisation that there aren’t loads of clubs queuing up to sign him will make him realise his limits. Let’s hope so.
Given how much he seems to hate the Europa, let’s just give him all those games off

Gehrman

Can’t he go Dortmund or Leipzig
He wants to paid what he feels he is worth. People who think he doesn't care about that havnt followed him at all. He left Madrid because he wanted a bigger salary and didn't get it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He'll only further damage his image by dragging this on.
Unless the stories about personal problems are true but then he probably should issue a statement in that case.

lsd

The Oracle
He'll only further damage his image by dragging this on.
Unless the stories about personal problems are true but then he probably should issue a statement in that case.

Why would he make a statement of the stories are true? There is such a thing as giving someone a bit of privacy in certain circumstances

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Wanted another trophy to his name.
Didn't join the team for Bangkok Century Cup final.
His loss. He might have won the CL 5 times but he can never win Bangkok Century Cup.

RedDevilRoshi

What about Newcastle?
“He wants to paid what he feels he is worth”

Newcastle Saudi ownership could easily do that.

His options are simply limited on the clubs here in Europe that can afford to take his wages on if money is his sole reason. Particularly a CL club as I doubt City/PSG want him nor need him. Bayern made it clear they weren’t interested when Mendes tried to get something organised there. Chelsea possibly but I think if they were really keen on him then, then surely they would have made a move by now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why would he make a statement of the stories are true? There is such a thing as giving someone a bit of privacy in certain circumstances
I don't even know what the rumors are but him just issuing a statement saying he's taking some time of due to personal reasons will do a lot in dispelling unnecessary rumours.
And besides that it would also be respectful towards the club and it's fans.

NewYorkRed

No, I just had to see him on the pitch and seeing how his teammates responded to him, that and the dozen or so articles about how he's viewed by his teammates throughout the years. But good counter-points, next you'll tell me I can't talk about football because I never played professionally?
Where are the quotes from his teammates where they say he was a bad teammate?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I don't even know what the rumors are but him just issuing a statement saying he's taking some time of due to personal reasons will do a lot in dispelling unnecessary rumours.
And besides that it would also be respectful towards the club and it's fans.
Yeah, how hard would that be? I'm committed to Manchester United, I'm very sad to miss all of my adoring fans in the tour but I need to be with my family right now.

Done.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You're not going to get quotes from players, just like you won't get quote from actors about Harvey Weinstein until he got publicly exposed, that's not how the professional world works.

Also, I'm not trying to convince you. If you see how CR behaves during games, and you think you'd be good with it as a teammate, with such gems as, “I don’t mean that Jese, Lucas and Kovacic are not good, but if everyone was at my level, maybe we’d be leaders.”, there's no need to try to convince you. Might as well change your name to NewYorkRedGreen7.

If you're genuinely curious, a simple google search will help, and then put yourself in his teammates' shoes as you read those stories, and genuinely tell me if you think he's a great teammate, or leader. You can simply use his own quotes and no one else's reports.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah, how hard would that be? I'm committed to Manchester United, I'm very sad to miss all of my adoring fans in the tour but I need to be with my family right now.

Done.
Yeah, exactly something to that effect.

Rolaholic

So, we guys expecting him to stay?
Inevitable at this stage unless some outside of the picture team flies in out of the blue.

None of the big CL clubs are all that fussed about signing up for all that surrounds signing him.

Him and Mendes badly calculated this before going public. You get the sense that they expected multiple teams to line up to battle for his signature but expectations aren't matching up with reality.

The fact that he hasn't personally said anything publicly and has the personal reason issue going for his absence still gives him a little bit of room to save face in the event that he has to return but it's definitely got to be an 'egg on face' moment for him coming to terms with his current standing in the game.

Hopefully that humbles him a bit and he refocuses himself to making the most out of his final season with us but I'm not sure if it will given that we're talking about one of the biggest ego's in the history of professional sport.

Strelok

No one is going to buy him. So yes.
Oh don't worry.

He'll sign for Sporting on 30th Aug on a loan with us paying 400k of his wages. 100 ℅ the narcissistic twat won't stay. He won't be able to sleep if Messi plays in the CL while he has to play in the Europa League. It'd be killing him.

SungSam7

Oh don't worry.

He'll sign for Sporting on 30th Aug on a loan with us paying 400k of his wages. 100 ℅ the narcissistic twat won't stay. He won't be able to sleep if Messi plays in the CL while he has to play in the Europa League. It'd be killing him.
I think he needs to relax and understand that he will always comes second to Messi regardless if he won another CL. So many fans just hate him just because he is CR7.

If I were him, I'd be happier receiving love from the United fans until Id retire. If he leaves now when we need his win at all costs attitude, hes tarnished his reputation a second time with United fans and for what? There isnt one team he could go to that would realistically win the CL.

Strelok

I think he needs to relax and understand that he will always comes second to Messi regardless if he won another CL. So many fans just hate him just because he is CR7.

If I were him, I'd be happier receiving love from the United fans until Id retire. If he leaves now when we need his win at all costs attitude, hes tarnished his reputation a second time with United fans and for what? There isnt one team he could go to that would realistically win the CL.
You're seeing things with the mindset of a normal person. He's a narcissistic twat. So of course you'll never understand him or why he did this or that.

I once worked for a narcissistic asshole so I do have an idea how these guys think and see the world. They only care about themselves, about what they want, about what they think. If they stop thinking about those above for a single second and think about something or someone else it's only because that thing or that one would probably benefit or might have some use for them. Tbh I don't think he gives a feck for United fans or what we think or how we feel.

Gehrman

“He wants to paid what he feels he is worth”

Newcastle Saudi ownership could easily do that.

His options are simply limited on the clubs here in Europe that can afford to take his wages on if money is his sole reason. Particularly a CL club as I doubt City/PSG want him nor need him. Bayern made it clear they weren’t interested when Mendes tried to get something organised there. Chelsea possibly but I think if they were really keen on him then, then surely they would have made a move by now.
I literally never mentioned money as the sole reason.

Rolaholic

Cause Messi isn’t very good at PSG?
Mbappe and Neymar are still there though.

He'd fly to Paris in a heartbeat if they were interested. Would get to pad his CL scoring record and likely add another CL trophy to break the tie

Becks00

Wayne Rooney said recently he was frustrating back then and he was sure Ronaldo would equally be as frustrating to his current teammates. I don't think he meant frustrating on the pitch though, probably more as a person.

I hope he leaves eventually.

VictoriaRed

Narcissist, check. Reportedly shitty teammate, check. Petulant, check. While all these are (may be true), I will always think of him in the mould of when he spent his first stretch with us where there were 'bigger' personalities around him so he couldn't act this way. His first stint with us is how I will always think of him.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Mbappe and Neymar are still there though.

He'd fly to Paris in a heartbeat if they were interested. Would get to pad his CL scoring record and likely add another CL trophy to break the tie
Likely? At a club who’s never ever won the CL?
Regardless who they are, playing 6-0-4 or 7-0-3 simply won’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.