Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saik

I very much doubt it, the club knows more about the personal situation than we do. He’ll be back & it won’t be any different.

The way that he is seemingly treating the club isn’t ideal nor is it of someone who wants to stay. But, he is far from chilling in portugal. He’s on the training field, training by himself and is in the gym daily. He’s a model professional but he only cares about himself.
Okay maybe chilling out isn't the right term to use there, but the point still stands. Everyday we see new reports of him being linked to various clubs around Europe and being rejected but not a single report of what's the family issue is and when he will be back with the club, if at all. Why do we not have a deadline at all? Why is his leave indefinite? Season starts in 2 weeks and this drama is still ongoing.

As others have said, his issues would be more believable if he wasn't actively trying to transfer himself away to another club. The way I see it he is burning his bridges with a lot of fans right now.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Can’t really disagree with that. Particularly the returning to where they suffered the loss aspect.
Honestly even if his personal life were stable and he was openly trying to engineer a move, I really cannot get too worked up given his age, the fact we will have to replace him soon anyway, and the fact I used up all my annoyance in 2008 when he got the President of FIFA to agree that he was being treated like a slave.

phelans shorts

Okay maybe chilling out isn't the right term to use there, but the point still stands. Everyday we see new reports of him being linked to various clubs around Europe and being rejected but not a single report of what's the family issue is and when he will be back with the club, if at all. Why do we not have a deadline at all? Why is his leave indefinite? Season starts in 2 weeks and this drama is still ongoing.

As others have said, his issues would be more believable if he wasn't actively trying to transfer himself away to another club. The way I see it he is burning his bridges with a lot of fans right now.
If I were on compassionate leave for something and my boss was openly discussing what it was that happened I would be, and I’m putting this lightly, fecking apoplectic.

saik

If I were on compassionate leave for something and my boss was openly discussing what it was that happened I would be, and I’m putting this lightly, fecking apoplectic.
Why do we have stories from credible reporters about him wanting to actively leave then? Or does that not matter at all?

R'hllor

Him not showing for pre season for whatever reason, cant be bothered about, if he needs time with his family yo grief the loss, thats fine but are people really trying to pin loss of a child as a reason why he/his agent going around as a whore hoping to get into some CL top club, do you really believe that if tragedy never happened he wouldnt mind staying with us to play in EL, really?

saik

That’s a very different matter entirely. Transfer rumours aren’t comparable at all to a persons private life.
Okay upto you if you believe they are rumours. BBC reported that he wanted to leave and I believe they are as credible as they come. You have a report from Castles about him trying to join AM who people believe is basically the mouthpiece of Ronaldo's agent. So at this stage I'm inclined to believe they are more than just rumours.

glasgow 21

I'm surprised anyone believes Ronaldo didn't turn up to pre season because of a family issue. I'm not falling for it and don't want him anywhere near the place again. Ten Hag needs to set the tone for new regime and Ronaldo has just taken the mikey out of everyone concerned. I wish players contracts were more in line with normal business practices and Utd could just rip it up and be done with it.

phelans shorts

Okay upto you if you believe they are rumours. BBC reported that he wanted to leave and I believe they are as credible as they come. You have a report from Castles about him trying to join AM who people believe is basically the mouthpiece of Ronaldo's agent. So at this stage I'm inclined to believe they are more than just rumours.
So you genuinely think that transfer talk is comparable to a persons private life?

Art

Art the artist
Swapping him for Griezmann wouldn't be such a bad move would it ? Hard working left footed attacker who has played uptop.

Revaulx

I very much doubt it, the club knows more about the personal situation than we do. He’ll be back & it won’t be any different.

The way that he is seemingly treating the club isn’t ideal nor is it of someone who wants to stay. But, he is far from chilling in portugal. He’s on the training field, training by himself and is in the gym daily. He’s a model professional but he only cares about himself.
I sort of see what you mean, but football isn’t athletics; it’s a team game. Training on your own, away from the rest of the squad who are with a new manager who’s been appointed on account of his directive, system-intensive style, really isn’t being professional.

I’m also not at all sure that he’ll be back. His current absence may well be mutually beneficial to both parties. Whatever the outcome, I actually trust United’s new decision makers to do what’s best from a footballing angle.

Dread Devil

Ten Hag seems to be instilling a team effort…one for all, all for one…this is so far away from Ronaldo’s ethos…especially at his age..

It just won’t work…he wants to play for a CL club for his records not for any particular club he loves not for any particular team…we need to look out for the club not any individual….

I have noticed a team spirit over the last 4 games that I haven’t seen at United for a while ….everybody supporting each other…supporting each other’s goals and efforts…

I have seen Ronaldo disappointed when another team mate scores…do we really want that atmosphere back in the squad…. Forget the individual goals let’s think about the team, the squad and the club as a whole.

I would rather enjoy the memories of his first stint at the club rather than ruin It all with the drama and disappointment of another year..

Amir

I'm surprised anyone believes Ronaldo didn't turn up to pre season because of a family issue. I'm not falling for it and don't want him anywhere near the place again.
I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt for a few days, but I think it's been three weeks now and it's becoming far less believable.

It's certainly highly unusual.

lsd

The Oracle
That’s a very different matter entirely. Transfer rumours aren’t comparable at all to a persons private life.

It's telling that the press are not really calling him out for wanting to leave, they are clearly aware there is a personal issue with his family

lostcauz

The club needs to start fining him. The discipline standards have been set now and we can’t have any players undermining them.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Son had a strong case for player of the season awards.
https://www.planetfootball.com/in-d...-of-the-year-golden-boot-stats-goals-assists/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/17/tottenham-gary-neville-son-heung-min-player-of-the-year/?amp

Ronaldo's name and the sentiments around his return played a big part in the POTM awards and his inclusion in premier league team of the season. Otherwise he was nowhere near any individual awards.
I was being sarcastic, Son 100% should have been in there.

lsd

The Oracle
Was he not training with Juventus last season when he wanted to leave?

the_cliff

Was he not training with Juventus last season when he wanted to leave?
Yes he was.

Many people here have some weird obsession with the guy. Ronaldo could come out saying Feck United and Feck Manchester and some weird ass United fans would say aww but he meant Newcastle.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Unacceptable.
The club looks weak.
Given the message we received that Murtough means business and the club won't be a pushover any longer, this summer has been a bit of a disaster really. On the one hand we've got Ronaldo apparently treating us like we're shit on his shoe. Going AWOL whilst we cover for him in the media and continue to make him even richer. We're chasing FDJ who seemingly would rather stay at Barca and become a CB (in a world cup year) on less wages than sign for us. Not to mention inexplicably giving Barcelona a random extra €10m up front after we'd agreed the fixed up front fee. Huge money for Martinez and more money up front than had been reported by practically every journalist.

We're in real risk of sinking our reputation even further if we don't sort ourselves out fast.

Rolaholic

The new manager in preparation of his maiden season hasn't even been made aware of the status of one of his most important players?

That's farcical and the club absolutely should draw a hard line. Really hard to see a way back if any for Ronaldo the closer we get to kick-off weekend. If no club wants to buy him then I'm starting to believe we'll end up coming to some sort of buyout/release agreement at some point before the end of the year.

It would be a disgrace to see but he's shown zero intention or inclination towards continuing to fulfill his contractual obligations. Instead he's been behaving as legitimately bigger than the club without consequence

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Wow... this is getting a bit stupid now. Rather than be a leader and inspiration for the younger members of the squad, and work alongside his new manager, he's turned it into the Ronaldo show again.

I don't think id care too much if he just didn't come back at all at this moment in time

croadyman

Would anyone entertain the idea of a swap with atletico, griezman for Ronaldo? If Ronaldo leaves we defo need someone who can play through the middle but also someone who can rotate within the front 3… think ten Hag will want a dynamic front 3 who can interchange with each other to make it difficult for opposition defenders.
Personally I wouldn't be against it, certainly more chance of getting him than Felix

genardk

Supports
Juventus
By that logic, before Vlahovic/Locatelli/Zakaria joined Juve, the team was winning trophies. They must all be terrible transfers. Before Varane/Sancho joined United, they conceded less and created more. They must also be terrible transfers.
Imagine thinking Vlahovic/Varane/Sancho/Locatelli/Zakaria has the same influence on the balance/chemistry/dressing room of the team then Ronaldo the great disruptor, a characteristic which is now widely acknowledged by many and understandably repels the top teams from him.

Anderson_7_

As if ETH don't already have enough problems on his hands...

The fact that a 37yo is doing this to our board is embarrassing on so many levels.

The longer we allow this to drag on, the more damage we will see. What am I even talking about, it's already too late ffs.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Sure, PL itself is a joke for recognising Ronaldo last season as PL best 11. The club is a joke for recognising him as our player of the season too. You are the only one who isn't a joke.
Imagine thinking Ronaldo's overall performance last year was better than Son :lol:
Imagine how different Son's experience in the transfer market would be if he was available vs Ronaldo the rejection machine..

mu4c_20le

Imagine thinking Vlahovic/Varane/Sancho/Locatelli/Zakaria has the same influence on the balance/chemistry/dressing room of the team then Ronaldo the great disruptor, a characteristic which is now widely acknowledged by many and understandably repels the top teams from him.
Hmm, not according to your ex captain.

“Ronaldo used to hide some of our problems. He was an important player. With a top player like him, it’s easier to mask the issues we had,” said the veteran center back according to Football Italia.

“I expected a difficult season after his exit, but we are almost the same team as last season, with Locatelli and Kean and without Cristiano.
https://www.juvefc.com/chiellini-ronaldo-used-to-hide-some-of-our-problems/

genardk

Supports
Juventus
They have worked together for 3 years and have good relations, what do you expect him to say? Some people are kinder than others when it comes to making a critical analysis of their former teammates, look at Keane and Rio..

Here is a more honest view that most now has acknowledged:

"Juventus legend Gianluigi Buffon has said Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival at the club in 2018 ultimately led to them losing their "DNA of being a team."

www.espn.com/soccer/juventus-itajuventus/story/4555985/gianluigi-buffon-on-cristiano-ronaldo-juventus-lost-team-dna-after-players-arrival#:~:text=Juventus%20legend%20Gianluigi%20Buffon%20has,DNA%20of%20being%20a%20team.%22

OR

"Ronaldo has never been a leader where he has played and he never will be,"

"He is like a company and his turnover is more important to him than the success of the team.

"Cristiano doesn't drag his team-mates along with him, he always wants them to give him the ball to score goals.

www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Juventus/13-04-2021/intervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672_preview.shtml?reason=unauthenticated&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalcio%2FSerie-A%2FJuventus%2F13-04-2021%2Fintervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672.shtml

Basically, the things that are repeated multiple times even in this thread everyday..

For a detailed analysis, you can refer to this article if interested..
www.insider.com/cristiano-ronaldo-made-juventus-worse-since-move-from-real-madrid-2021-5

mu4c_20le

They have worked together for 3 years and have good relations, what do you expect him to say?

Here is a more honest view that most now has acknowledged:

"Juventus legend Gianluigi Buffon has said Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival at the club in 2018 ultimately led to them losing their "DNA of being a team."

www.espn.com/soccer/juventus-itajuventus/story/4555985/gianluigi-buffon-on-cristiano-ronaldo-juventus-lost-team-dna-after-players-arrival#:~:text=Juventus%20legend%20Gianluigi%20Buffon%20has,DNA%20of%20being%20a%20team.%22

OR

"Ronaldo has never been a leader where he has played and he never will be,"

"He is like a company and his turnover is more important to him than the success of the team.

"Cristiano doesn't drag his team-mates along with him, he always wants them to give him the ball to score goals.

www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Juventus/13-04-2021/intervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672_preview.shtml?reason=unauthenticated&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalcio%2FSerie-A%2FJuventus%2F13-04-2021%2Fintervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672.shtml

Basically, the things that are repeated multiple times even in this thread everyday..

For a detailed analysis, you can refer to this article if interested..
www.insider.com/cristiano-ronaldo-made-juventus-worse-since-move-from-real-madrid-2021-5
Yes I'm aware of those opinions. Basically the team had to change their style to suit him. If you mean 'disruptor' like in tactics then fair enough, but in that context it sounded like you are implying that he disrupts dressing room harmony and causes problems between people, I don't think thats true. What is true is that you guys should also be blaming your CEO and DoF for building such a lopsided team that is totally dependent on one player. That's why it's a shadow of the team under Allegri from 2011-2015.

JB7

It's quite literally a no-new-news story that could easily have been written three weeks ago. Quite how they have had the gall to add "BREAKING" at the front of the tweet is taking the piss, even by the Mail's standards. There is zero news whatsoever in the article until you get to the quotes from Rashford on the pre-season, which is an odd thing to tag onto the end of a Ronaldo story. Click bait in the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.