Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I am not surprised at all by his behaviour. He has been all about himself like forever, at least since 2007 when he started linking himself with Madrid. Then his behaviour and slave comments next year. The only difference is that he was a great player back then who was worth all the trouble for both United and later for Madrid. But not any longer as he has been on the decline for a few years.

Chief123

I said it at the start of this saga and I’ll say it now, the journalists are blowing this out of proportion and United fans are probably only behind Arsenal as the most fickle, so they eat it all up.

Im sure he isn’t happy here and if he got a good offer from Bayern or a return to Madrid then he would take it. But if people truly believe that he is so desperate to leave and join Atletico, Napoli or Roma which have all been listed alongside Bayern and Chelsea, then you guys must either be Messi fanboys or just delusional. The guy just lost a child, and his mother had a stroke, so does it not make sense that he is would take time off to stay in Madrid to get with his partners family who live there and then spend time in Portugal with his mother who resides there?

Are we seriously going to believe Romano, Luckhurst, Stone etc over Ronaldo, the manager and the club ?
Very unusual take on the whole thing. He’s desperate to leave. I must be delusional.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Looks like it has started to dawn on him that he's not leaving. I'll give him that he's smart enough to quietly get back to work.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Makes no sense, they have one of the best strikers in the game.
The vast majority of these links are press conjecture.
Yet every time there's a new made up team it just ramps up the "oooh he's shameless, trying to get to (new club name)". The Atletico one was the most hilarious.

I'm sure people don't believe we're genuinely trying to buy the 100 players a window we're linked with, yet they believe Ronaldo has tried to move to about 12 different clubs.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
At this rate, he'll end up at some second tier European outfit, finish 3rd in the CL group stages and end up facing us in the Europa league. Its bound to happen.

Teja

The vast majority of these links are press conjecture.
Yet every time there's a new made up team it just ramps up the "oooh he's shameless, trying to get to (new club name)". The Atletico one was the most hilarious.

I'm sure people don't believe we're genuinely trying to buy the 100 players a window we're linked with, yet they believe Ronaldo has tried to move to about 12 different clubs.
Come on man, it's been fairly well reported by multiple reliable outlets that Mendes was basically talking to all the top clubs across Europe. You don't expect clubs like Bayern, Atleti, Chelsea etc. just to randomly name-drop Ronaldo and say they can't afford him / don't want him just based on press rumors.

To me it's obvious that he wants to leave to a club with a decent shot at the later stages of the CL rather than stay at United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Come on man, it's been fairly well reported by multiple reliable outlets that Mendes was basically talking to all the top clubs across Europe. You don't expect clubs like Bayern, Atleti, Chelsea etc. just to randomly name-drop Ronaldo and say they can't afford him / don't want him just based on press rumors.

To me it's obvious that he wants to leave to a club with a decent shot at the later stages of the CL rather than stay at United.
There will be some of that going on, but it's unlikely to be quite to the scale reported on.

The press make stuff up! I don't know why people accept that on some things, but not others.

Chief123

I hope we continue with what’s best for the team and bench him if there is no suitors. He can rotate like everyone else would.

TheHeya

Looks like. At least he's smart enough not to have said anything about leaving so he can all just dismiss everything as media nonsense. As long as he doesn't bring any negative drama, I'm fine with him staying
Agreed.
His first goal at OT and back again wi th the Sui celebration all will have been forgotten.

MalaysianRed7

It can’t just be me who thinks that Ronaldo referring to himself as the King just doesn’t sound right, for example like it would if Cantona did so.

Chief123

Looks like. At least he's smart enough not to have said anything about leaving so he can all just dismiss everything as media nonsense. As long as he doesn't bring any negative drama, I'm fine with him staying
Pretty much how he denied he was going to City at first. Of course, he loves the club again and would do anything for the shirt.

Gandalf

Don't read too much into him playing a friendly, he needs to get ready for the season regardless of where he ends up. He played in Serie A for Juve last year before joining us and he was clearly looking to leave Italy all summer. I am sure this will go all the way up to the deadline.

Rojow

What the feck is going in his head haha. Calling himself King now. I mean, it's ok to love yourself, but he is showing some cringe thins lately.

As Tywin Lannister would say "Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Don't read too much into him playing a friendly, he needs to get ready for the season regardless of where he ends up. He played in Serie A for Juve last year before joining us and he was clearly looking to leave Italy all summer. I am sure this will go all the way up to the deadline.
It will be much, much harder to find a new team this time around. Despite his goalscoring record, the decline was painfully visible.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm still disappointed in Ronaldo with what has happened this summer but I do think so many journalists are exaggerating where he was ready to go.

I think he was ready to go to Chelsea and Bayern but they didn't want him.

Anyway, I honestly don't care as long as he stands behind ETH and scores us goals.

He's a professional player on the pitch at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.