Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
If you were rich, wanted kids and didn't have a long time partner what would you do?
Good luck to him. It seems a perfectly reasonable choice. I genuinely don't understand people like Sylviane Agacinski who object to surrogacy, saying it's against human rights.

If a woman has the right over her own body to have an abortion then she has the right to be a surrogate. And, while I'm about it, both sexes have the right to be prostitutes if they so wish. You can't have it one way when it suits you and another when it doesn't.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Ronaldo has now scored in 8 consecutive main national teams tournaments, scored in all the ones he participated in.

Euro 2004
WC 2006
Euro 2008
WC 2010
Euro 2012
WC 2014
Euro 2016
Confederations Cup 2017

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Portugal isn't playing grea at the moment but I guess when you have someone as deadly as Ronaldo you can afford to get away with those tactics. Good for him I think as he's still showing to be on form and able to score even with little service.

Hamnat

Announced the birth of his twins on Facebook. Congrats

Last edited:

Ban

That surrogate stuff is indeed a bit strange.

Also, him taking the last pens is ridiculous.

MrPooni

Clearly he enjoys being a father but wasn't ready for a long term relationship when he made the surrogacy decision so it was the perfect option at the time. Nothing odd about that.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Italy's penalty taker Roberto Baggio takes Italy's last penalty in a World Cup final and he's praised for being courageous to be there and take that chance. 'Penalties are only missed by those who have courage to take them.', etc. Ronaldo takes the fifth penalty in a Confederations Cup semifinal and it's ridiculous.

I've played football for 12 years with dozens of penalty shootouts and our best penalty taker always goes in the fifth position. Only Ronaldo for him to get the blame after we lose a penalty shootout in 6 penalties with him not missing one. It's nothing new though. The funny part is the people making it all about him now are the same people who complained when there was plenty of focus on him after the Euros

SirAF

Ageist
Italy's penalty taker Roberto Baggio takes Italy's last penalty in a World Cup final and he's praised for being courageous to be there and take that chance. 'Penalties are only missed by those who have courage to take them.', etc. Ronaldo takes the fifth penalty in a Confederations Cup semifinal and it's ridiculous.

I've played football for 12 years with dozens of penalty shootouts and our best penalty taker always goes in the fifth position. Only Ronaldo for him to get the blame after we lose a penalty shootout in 6 penalties with him not missing one. It's nothing new though. The funny part is the people making it all about him now are the same people who complained when there was plenty of focus on him after the Euros
This.

Culero

What's courage if the the shootout doesn't even reach the fifth penalty? Logic dictates your best penalty takers go first, every team I have played for uses this rule and it makes the most sense. For me its not about whether Ronaldo wants to take it last or not, as a coach you give yourself the best chance to win and I believe Fernando Santos should have made sure the best guy goes first so as to put pressure back on Chile straight away.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
It's still ridiculous. The best at penalties takes the first penalty.
The only ridiculous thing is the reaction to it.

Since when does the team's penalty taker always goes first? Baggio isn't a single occurance, plenty of teams leave thier main penalty taker to take the fifth penalty. Neymar has taken the fifth penalty for Brazil at least 2 times recently. The last penalty shootout in a World Cup as you probably remember had Ron Vlaar take the first penalty... Some managers would rather have their best penalty takers in first to start well and others would rather have their best penalty takers in last. It's not like Quaresma, Nani and Moutinho are bad at it either. I wouldn't be surprised if Nani or Quaresma have a better career percentage on penalties than Cristiano. This type of reaction only happens because it's Cristiano and it's nothing new

saivet

What's courage if the the shootout doesn't even reach the fifth penalty? Logic dictates your best penalty takers go first, every team I have played for uses this rule and it makes the most sense. For me its not about whether Ronaldo wants to take it last or not, as a coach you give yourself the best chance to win and I believe Fernando Santos should have made sure the best guy goes first so as to put pressure back on Chile straight away.
Not sure it's that simple. The first penalty is the one with the least pressure. Surely you want to have your best penalty takers when the pressure is on a bit more?

Deleted member 101472

@Peyroteo

The best taker SHOULD always go first because it's the first penalty to be taken, and therefore the most important one.

Mal donaghy

Why has he gone all Wacko Jacko again , and had twins by a surrogate????
Further proof he isn't in a "proper" relationship with his reported Hmm Hmmmmnn !! "Girlfriend".
What's wrong with this fella???
It's also cruel for the kids to have no mum. (Ahhhh controversy)

Should this be in a separate thread ? I couldn't find one , so forgive me if my "gossip" is misplaced.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
@Peyroteo

The best taker SHOULD always go first because it's the first penalty to be taken, and therefore the most important one.
Why is the first penalty the most important one? Surely if you take a penalty to win a game or to not lose it it's a lot more important.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Why has he gone all Wacko Jacko again , and had twins by a surrogate????
Further proof he isn't in a "proper" relationship with his reported Hmm Hmmmmnn !! "Girlfriend".
What's wrong with this fella???
It's also cruel for the kids to have no mum. (Ahhhh controversy)

Should this be in a separate thread ? I couldn't find one , so forgive me if my "gossip" is misplaced.
Isn't his girlfriend supposed to be pregnant as well?

Hamnat

Boy and a girl. Ones in a dress, so I hope it's a little girl. Lovely babies.
Right you are saw the picture on Instagram. Looks like a happy family. Personally I would never judge people using surrogates or whatever as long as the babies are treated with love who are we to judge what is "weird" for other people's family.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Right you are saw the picture on Instagram. Looks like a happy family. Personally I would never judge people using surrogates or whatever as long as the babies are treated with love who are we to judge what is "weird" for other people's family.
He obviously loves kids. That is all that matters.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Know so many guys who's ex have tried to hurt them by using the kids.
I would consider doing it myself if I could afford it.

prtk0811

He is performing off the feild as well.:lol:
4 ballon dors 4 child's.

Latest one with the model gf.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol: It's certainly worth crying about, what with those Klowns on the list, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.