Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Well him coming back was always just a pipe dream but if your being realistic its a no brainer for him. Go to Juve and walk home the league title, have a decent shot at CL, and guaranteed be the top scorer or go to a struggling Man Utd? Also those on here who thought we ever had a chance of getting Bale can completely forget about that now as there is zero chance of them letting go of both of them.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
50% of his rights, he got that in the 2013 renewal.

Still his image rights "aren't his" anymore, he sold that to Peter Lim, I use quotations there because it's a debatable thing (he sold those rights to a friend of his manager, just in the last year of the Beckham exception, so it probably was more of a tax thing than actually giving control of that). But what's more important here, and avoided in the press, is that when news talk about the deals of image rights between player and club it's never about personal image rights, some journalists have slipped when talking about that and said what they actually negotiate in that regard is their image rights in content related to both player and club, if Real Madrid does an ad with Ronaldo wearing a Real Madrid shirt for Fly Emirates, Ronaldo has negotiated to get 50% of that ad value, but when it comes to him partnering with Castrol, he gets 100% of that money and Real Madrid get nil, and it's the same way for almost every player.

This is another take on the argument I'm defending on this thread, the media are misinforming about these things to appease their overlords, 12 years ago people thought if Becks earned 5M from RM and earned 50M in market deals, Real were basically earning 25M from Becks rights, he would be losing money compared to his United contract but people still believe that.

There's a lot of money in market partnerships between player and team, couple millions here and there, but the big buckets are in personal dealerships, that's sacred for any star be it NBA, Golf or Tennis, and Football is not an exception.
I read a long time ago that Florentino was upset about the deal with Lim.
Could he do it after signing a contract with Madrid?.
Then 50% of the rights only include what the player does with the club sponsors?

Karappa

Can't wait for this to finally be done and dusted. Yes, he can still be a great player but it's reaching the tipping point where his contribution isn't worth all the troubles. I'm convinced we wouldn't win another Spanish league title with him. People will hail him as the greatest ever when he bags hattricks vs Chievo or Ferrara but if we can poach 130-150 Mio from Juve it would be amazing!

Trizy

Plot twist: Kohler have not yet been announced as our sleeve sponsors and since Greizmann was only a hunch from the reddit guy guess who's gonna be our marquee signing?

I actually hope I'm wrong.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Where did we come into picture?
I think what the posters are referring to, is him seemingly having used us for pay increases in each one of the last 5-6 years or so....only now to head off to Serie A :lol:.

I could be wrong though. And also, I'm yet to see us properly linked to him this time. So maybe we're not even interested - or Real wouldn't want to sell him to us (for that fee).

AgentP

I'm looking forward to this transfer just to see how Ronaldo adapts to this new challenge. It will also be interesting to see how Madrid go about replacing the huge void ( of about 50 goals per season) left by him.

Judas

Open to offers
I think what the posters are referring to, is him seemingly having used us for pay increases in each one of the last 5-6 years or so....only now to head off to Serie A :lol:.

I could be wrong though. And also, I'm yet to see us properly linked to him this time. So maybe we're not even interested - or Real wouldn't want to sell him to us (for that fee).
That is indeed what I was alluding to.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Plot twist: Kohler have not yet been announced as our sleeve sponsors and since Greizmann was only a hunch from the reddit guy guess who's gonna be our marquee signing?

I actually hope I'm wrong.
AG was never going to join us. He simply used us to get a bigger contract, as so many other players have done. In short, he snubbed us.
Many young fans who probably believe in the tooth fairy and santa clause believed AG's BS, that he couldn't join last Summer due to a transfer ban.
In January 2018, there was no transfer ban and this Summer there is no transfer ban....so what's the excuse?
I'm sure that the kids who believe in the tooth-fairy will come up with a reason for him not joining us this season, but will convince themselves that he will absolutely be a MUFC player in January 2019.

And as for the reddit guy?
He made the whole thing up for some attention because mommy and daddy didn't give him enough love.
There isn't likely to be any big signing this Summer, but even if there is, the reddit guy won't have got it wrong or right, because he knows nothing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
AG was never going to join us. He simply used us to get a bigger contract, as so many other players have done. In short, he snubbed us.
Many young fans who probably believe in the tooth fairy and santa clause believed AG's BS, that he couldn't join last Summer due to a transfer ban.
In January 2018, there was no transfer ban and this Summer there is no transfer ban....so what's the excuse?
I'm sure that the kids who believe in the tooth-fairy will come up with a reason for him not joining us this season, but will convince themselves that he will absolutely be a MUFC player in January 2019.

And as for the reddit guy?
He made the whole thing up for some attention because mommy and daddy didn't give him enough love.
There isn't likely to be any big signing this Summer, but even if there is, the reddit guy won't have got it wrong or right, because he knows nothing.
Ouch :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That is indeed what I was alluding to.
I'm yet to see us linked with him this summer but I agree, I doubt Ronaldo would want to come to the EPL at this stage of his career. Serie A might suit him better and Juve are still the strongest team there. He'll get a few more medals, hell if Juve can clinch a UCL, he might bag another BD'or.

I also read somewhere, but not sure how true it is, that the 100m euro price was specifically for Juve/Serie A. Madrid wouldn't necessarily sell him to an EPL club or PSG/Bayern for the same price.

MUFC OK

Embarrassing that we apparently haven't made any attempt to bring him home. Or maybe we did, maybe he rejected us, maybe we didn't see value, either way I'm gutted he's moving and we weren't at the front of the queue.

ash_86

Embarrassing that we apparently haven't made any attempt to bring him home. Or maybe we did, maybe he rejected us, maybe we didn't see value, either way I'm gutted he's moving and we weren't at the front of the queue.
100m is defiantly not for us, We'd get quoted excess of £175m at-least if we'd gone in. They try to hard sell Morata for 70m to us. Real - Bayern -Juventus have this friendly understanding with transfers where they trade players to each other for under market rates. Outside clubs have no chance of getting similar deals from those teams.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Wish we would have gone for ronnie. :(

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't think it's particularly embarrassing if we don't feel like he'll fit into our team and is too old. Clearly still quality but he offers little apart from goals now and is almost 34.

hobbers

Also those on here who thought we ever had a chance of getting Bale can completely forget about that now as there is zero chance of them letting go of both of them.
Depends on whether they have their eyes on Neymar and/or Hazard and/or Mbappe and/or Kane.

kode

I wonder why no other clup tried to get him at this feee. United could have gone for him me think , specially that no other major target is being talked about;

Silas

Embarrassing how? We have bigger issues in our squad right now.

steferrari

Juventus Fan
Supports
Juventus
Are some of you seriously questioning his age?

He's 33 but he's probably in better shape than many 25 years old athletes!
Last season he scored 15 goals in 13 UCL games, 44 in 44 overall games with Real Madrid!

As a Juve fan I'm shocked, only a week ago I would have considered this news as a funny joke! :D

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Us signing Sanchez and no longer being interested in him?

Nobody knows for certain whether Griezmann would have joined us last season if not for the transfer ban, and anybody who shit-talks the people who thought the opposite comes across as an idiot. All we can do is take the different things that happened and then play the odds of what you think is the most likely scenario. The thing that swings it for me is how completely his entire attitude changed literally an hour or two after the transfer ban was announced, and the fact that he didn't actually sign the new contract until a week or two after he went out and told everyone that he was staying. Those two things don't quite fit the 'he was only playing us for a bigger contract' theory. It definitely still could have been, but personally I think he truly did intend to move to us but changed his mind after the transfer ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.