Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Mufc

I wonder why no other clup tried to get him at this feee. United could have gone for him me think , specially that no other major target is being talked about;
Ballague stated that Mendes did offer Ronaldo to Man Utd but we declined. Not sure how much you can make of that.

I think those who could have bought him are looking long term and don't want to spend big money. I don't know.

I'd like to hear Ronaldo's reason for leaving. It's sad that money is a factor in this decision. I believe players still get a 10% signing on fee? so he will recoup a lot of that 18million fine. Increased wages more than likely? New sponsorship deal so he is probably a happy chappy.

Looks like I was wrong about him staying @Raoul. Just glad this saga is over.

RedDevil@84

Im truly shocked we werent even in for him unless he straight up told us he wasnt interested. I expect Jose to get grilled about it in his first press conference in the tour.
Maybe Ronaldo did not fancy a PL challenge at this age. He has done it in England, now in Spain, so Italy would be a new challenge.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ballague stated that Mendes did offer Ronaldo to Man Utd but we declined. Not sure how much you can make of that.

I think those who could have bought him are looking long term and don't want to spend big money. I don't know.

I'd like to hear Ronaldo's reason for leaving. It's sad that money is a factor in this decision. I believe players still get a 10% signing on fee? so he will recoup a lot of that 18million fine. Increased wages more than likely? New sponsorship deal so he is probably a happy chappy.

Looks like I was wrong about him staying @Raoul. Just glad this saga is over.
There's literally nothing else for him to accomplish at Madrid, combined probably with a bit of tension between him and Perez. Time to move on.

Red Star One

Maybe Ronaldo did not fancy a PL challenge at this age. He has done it in England, now in Spain, so Italy would be a new challenge.
This. I really think that it’s a much better move for Ronaldo now. Pretty much guaranteed trophies, more goals to be scored and history to be written.

NoLogo

Im truly shocked we werent even in for him unless he straight up told us he wasnt interested. I expect Jose to get grilled about it in his first press conference in the tour.
Given how things ended between CR7 and Mou I wouldn't be too surprised if working with each other wasn't too high on either ones agenda.

That being said I think he will do really well for 3+ more years in the Italian league due to it's usually lower tempo and more tactical play style. Just wonder what will happen to Higuain now?

Neo_Mufc

There's literally nothing else for him to accomplish at Madrid, combined probably with a bit of tension between him and Perez. Time to move on.
Agreed, and time to move on from the Premier League too me thinks.

If he can win the Scudetto a few times, it builds his legacy that much more.

Silas

Ronaldo--------------------------Costa
-------------Dybala (False 9)

Looks tasty. Hopefully, this means Alex Sandro to United isn't too far away.

KC91

If Juventus can get 1 CL out of this its well worth it for them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What a deal for Juve.

Quite surprised that we weren't interested in him but can see the reasons.

ChaddyP

Agreed, and time to move on from the Premier League too me thinks.

If he can win the Scudetto a few times, it builds his legacy that much more.
Imagine if he wins the CL with them. Surely will go down as one of the best players ever

poleglass red

Real got some deal out of twinkle toes, sign him for 80, he scores a goal a game for what is it 8-9 seasons, then sell him for a profit.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Real Madrid must be loaded now. They haven’t really spend a lot in recent years, and now they’ve freed a lot in the wage department. Think they could easily spend 300m this window, if they want to.

Shinjch

Ronaldo--------------------------Costa
-------------Dybala (False 9)

Looks tasty. Hopefully, this means Alex Sandro to United isn't too far away.
Ronaldo will not play anywhere else but the central striker position.

CA1

Personally very glad we didn't get him.

I think Ronaldo is going to get a rude awakening next year about his current level.

Real Madrid know what they're doing. I reckon Hazard will go there. Mbappe next summer.

CA1

No one will see him though. Who watch that league?
Serie A has always been well watched in the UK. Spain overtook it 10 years ago but it has a good following and moves like this will boost the numbers up. It's not like the French or German which can be watched but you never really talk to anyone in real life who watches them two leagues.

KC91

Real Madrid must be loaded now. They haven’t really spend a lot in recent years, and now they’ve freed a lot in the wage department. Think they could easily spend 300m this window, if they want to.
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see what they do. As much as losing Ronaldo hurts, this is a great deal for them as well. The only issue is, two of the players they are going to target are PSG players who likely have no intent to sell, and certainly don’t need the $.

Status
Not open for further replies.