Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

C’mon he paid over £500k a week at the biggest club in World football. Isco and Asensio are coming through, both Spanish so there is probably pressure to use them.

For the money they paid on the transfer and his wages they haven’t had a full season out of him because of his injuries.
I see your point, but he could earn that money elsewhere and play more football.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
C’mon he paid over £500k a week at the biggest club in World football. Isco and Asensio are coming through, both Spanish so there is probably pressure to use them.

For the money they paid on the transfer and his wages they haven’t had a full season out of him because of his injuries.
I knew wages would be brought into it. He's been fit for quite some time now.

HorrorFan07

Needs to be humbled. Think he is bigger then Real Madrid.

I hope he fails miserably at the World Cup. Maybe then he will respect and appreciate his Real Madrid team-mates more like Marcelo who is so underrated, Modric who is one of the best midfielders of his generation, Benzema who does the "Rooney Donkey Work" so he can shine, Ramos who does all the bone-crunching tackles so he has a chance to win games etc.

Can't stand him and his "me me me" attitude. Enemy of football and everything that is both wrong and right of the beautiful game - that's why he is so controversial and splits opinion because he does have this side to him which is everything wrong with the modern footballer plus he's a role model for them.. is it any wonder they copy him!?

He can barely run anymore, he is so dependent on service that he will be in for a rude awakening when this Portugal team can't put them on a platter for him.

Biological clock of 23? you are 'aving a laugh mate !! time to get real. Father time waits for no man. Tic fecking toc ! the sooner he retires the better.

Last edited:

Robertd0803

Time is right for him to go, its only going to go downhill for him from here so he might as well get out while he's at the top.

He'd be best going to PSG in some sort of swap with Neymar, he would struggle in the England now i think and we'd see his decline. Cant see him coming back here, last thing we need is an ageing player on the decline on huge wages.
Not sure he would want to be involved in a swap deal as it would appear he is being replaced which wouldn't appeal at all.

Art Vandelay

I was shocked with both his and Bale’s interviews. Having just won the Champions League, the biggest trophy in world football, both players decided to tell the world they want to leave the club.

These guys are paid millions by the club and maybe they do want to leave but there is a time and a place to say these things.
Bale was straight up asked about leaving though, was Ronaldo?

Bale was a player saying he wants to play every week. Ronaldo said enough to get attention, but vague enough to get cause intrigue. He knew exactly what he was doing.

DRM

He Should go to DC to play with his mate Rooney.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Only an absolute prick would say shit like that after his team just won the European Cup. All about him as usual.
This. He had to take the focus away from his piss poor performance as well. All about that Ballon D'or you know.

Denis79

Really hope we don't go for either of them. Rather see us buying what we really need Full-backs and a proper CM, than going for big names again. But what do I know.

Trizy

Ronaldo can feck right off. Not good enough to play in the PL anymore.

If you think Zlatan hammered and slowed things down, you're in for a shock if Ronnie rocks up at OT next year.

cyberman

Ronaldo can feck right off. Not good enough to play in the PL anymore.

If you think Zlatan hammered and slowed things down, you're in for a shock if Ronnie rocks up at OT next year.
He had a quiet game yesterday and e even then should have scored two goals?
He'd destroy the league for a year or two.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nothing story here, he just wants attention because he did nothing last night.

Brophs

The One and Only
He is an amazing footballer, but an irredeemable cock.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Not sure he would want to be involved in a swap deal as it would appear he is being replaced which wouldn't appeal at all.
Same. Just can't see him accepting that sort of deal. It would be him signing off that he's no longer the best player of the world and I don't think he's ready for that yet (nor should he).

cyberman

I'm not sure if he would destroy the league but he would get 30 plus goals.

But he would also slow us down.

Just like Zlatan did.
He doesn't slow Madrid down though? Their front 3 in Europe has been Isco / Benzema and Ronaldo and he's the fastest of the lot. He can't be that slow if they're regularly destroying the best sides in Europe on the break in their own back yard?
Just having Ronaldo would solve a lot of those problems. The opposition would sit deeper and the emphasis would move from slowing us down to movement for breaking down deep laying defences.
It'll never happen anyway but I wouldn't say he's slower than Firminho or modern day Aguero

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He doesn't slow Madrid down though? Their front 3 in Europe has been Isco / Benzema and Ronaldo and he's the fastest of the lot. He can't be that slow if they're regularly destroying the best sides in Europe on the break in their own back yard?
Just having Ronaldo would solve a lot of those problems. The opposition would sit deeper and the emphasis would move from slowing us down to movement for breaking down deep laying defences.
It'll never happen anyway but I wouldn't say he's slower than Firminho or modern day Aguero
It really wouldn't turn out the way you think.

At Madrid he has a proper functioning midfield to allow him to make those sort of runs. And fantastic fullbacks that stretch play. None of those exist at United.

It would be a terrible decision for him too to return to United. The old football mantra of never go back fits in perfectly in this case.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Nothing story here, he just wants attention because he did nothing last night.
Exactly - shit performance, Bale the star of the show = ‘it was nice playing for Real Madrid - write about me’

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Real should call his bluff and thank him for his service.

As has been pointed out he wants more money ..... but he's 34 next year.

Sterling Archer

He’s scored 44 goals this season in 9 less games than Salah......that’s the level this guy still plays at

I will say that Madrid must be fuming though, a third consecutive CL win and everyone is talking about Ronaldo and Bale leaving.
It's the perfect thing for a United fan. See Liverpool lose then have Madrid's parade soured.

They can feck off. Hopefully this keeps the De Gea distraction down for a while.

As for Ronaldo's attitude in general? I'm loving it. He certainly has more of a right to be so full of himself than all but one current player. Kind of reminds me of another great - Muhammad Ali. That's part in parcel of their folklore and greatness. It's character and entertaining. Hate it or enjoy it. At least it has feeling to it.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
People here really should watch the interview rather than reading the headlines

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Imagine winning a Champions League final with your team only to turn the attention to your own personal contractual issues.
Not the first time he's done that...... the script didn't go according to Ronaldos plan as it was he rather than Bale who should be taking all the plaudits before announcing his hissy fit.

Flying_Heckfish

If he had just said "I am very happy the team has made history tonight." and then something along the lines of "however I feel I have now done everything I can at this club" we would all understand it.

He must feel that 3 in row CLs will surely be the peak. If he wanted to leave on a high, then no better time than this.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
People here really should watch the interview rather than reading the headlines
I saw it and I still thought it was a bit weird. You didn't?

He probably blames everyone and everything for his bad performance yesterday, including some of his teammates. Which, let's be honest, would be a bit ridiculous.

Hephaestus

Easy to imagine this is true, I'd be pretty annoyed at him if I were his teammate. Although it could just be Marca doing their usual thing of being Perez's mouthpiece if Perez is worried Ronaldo will be wanting another pay rise.

Kostov

He is the reincarnation of Narcissus. Without checks and balances from people like Ramos or Casillas and the size and history of RM on him he would rip any locker room or club apart from the inside out. His skillset makes it all up but not many places can handle him like Madrid has for a decade or so I guess. With the right replacement (Neymar?) I agree with some posters that Perez will let him go.
They deserve each other with Madrid to be fair, I hope it turns out a real soap opera, just not drag our name in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.