Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Retirement and aging will be hell for this guy. Yes he'll have more money than he can spend, but even a tiny drop in attention seems to be unbearable for this twat.

Deleted member 101472

People here really should watch the interview rather than reading the headlines
I watched them, have translations and I don’t know how you could come to any other opinion than he shouldn’t have said some of the things he said.

You think it was fair?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I said this in a thread a while back, I don’t want him back for any price. You can point to his numbers but the decline has already started, he’s 33 and can’t go on forever. We really are finally coming to the end of the Ronaldo era. Could you imagine him here anyway? Think he’d melt down in this team trying to get on the end of Valencia’s shin-busters.

And this stuff tonight is pretty embarrassing really. He’s clearly annoyed that he wasn’t the star man and was probably the worst player in a Madrid shirt.
Totally agree what he's doing now is among the most embarrassing things he's ever done, but the idea that he'd struggle in the Premier League is utterly ridiculous. People get silly about La Liga so let's stick purely to the a CL.

In every season this decade he's got into double figures in the CL. Only two other players have ever managed to do so two seasons in a row: van Nistelrooy and Messi. His overall total for Madrid is 105 goals, which is the same amount van Nistelrooy and Henry managed in both their careers combined. And he's managed that in just over 9,000 minutes of football, i.e. more than a goal a game. His goals per game average in the last two seasons is still more than a goal a game. His goal record this season is the 3rd highest in CL history...only beaten by a former version of himself.

And it's not like they're just bouncing off him in insignificant games. I was there at the final last year when he scored the opening and the killer goals. Immediately preceding that he scored hat tricks against Atletico and Bayern. This year he scored decisive goals in all four legs against PSG and Juventus. Some of them conjured up out of thin air, some perfectly executed and some just a simple result of his relentless desire to score.

It's kind of incredible that he's normalised scoring so many quality goals at such a high level, to the point where they're just casually dismissed as "numbers". There is absolutely no way Madrid would have won 3 CL's in a row without him. The idea of them even winning two in a row without him is kind of outrageous. His performances in last year's knockout rounds are easily among the greatest in history.

Yet somehow he's going to struggle here :houllier: ....

Is it a personality disorder at this point? Nobody I know comes even close to his level. He was sooo pissed about his performance, he couldn't even really smile when they won.
This was him watching Bale's goal on the big screen a few moments after the goal. Not sure I've ever seen him happier on the pitch about something he didn't do.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I watched them, have translations and I don’t know how you could come to any other opinion than he shouldn’t have said some of the things he said.

You think it was fair?
I think he got asked a question and simply answered honestly, he shoudn't have said it but I'm also sure he didn't do it because he needed attention or because of his ego. He can literally say anything and get attention for it.

RoyH1

I saw it and I still thought it was a bit weird. You didn't?

He probably blames everyone and everything for his bad performance yesterday, including some of his teammates. Which, let's be honest, would be a bit ridiculous.
Just saw the clip. His teammates must be furious at him. What a cock. Whatever his resentment at Perez, Zidane and the Spanish tax authorities, you don't do that the evening that you and your teammates have won the biggest trophy in world football (for clubs of course).

Mercurial

They deserve each other with Madrid to be fair, I hope it turns out a real soap opera, just not drag our name in it.
We have the size, history, money and pedigree but I don't think we have a clear leader or captain in the hierarchy of our players to balance the added antics. To me it smells of a well used ruse to grab more money like so many times before. Probably a good reason he isn't the captain despite the massive seniority and level of success. As for us being dragged into it, I'd say we are the acting mistress to most of Europe's contract bumper negotiations:lol:.

Brwned

I think he got asked a question and simply answered honestly, he shoudn't have said it but I'm also sure he didn't do it because he needed attention or because of his ego. He can literally say anything and get attention for it.
Do you not find it odd spending so much time defending a person who doesn't even know you exist? He ended the interview by saying they should re-name the competition after himself. The entire thing was an obvious ego trip.

Deleted member 101472

He’s had enough experience to know when and when not to say things. There is zero reason he couldn’t have just said “today is about the team” or words to that effect.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Retirement and aging will be hell for this guy. Yes he'll have more money than he can spend, but even a tiny drop in attention seems to be unbearable for this twat.
More like the classic case of media running with what he said and twisting his words into a white lie.

This is what was actually said interpretated word for word without bias or anything:
“CR7: It was what we were looking for. We knew it was going to be a difficult match.

Q: Was this perhaps the Hardest final?
CR7: All of the finals are hard. We knew that Liverpool were going to go hard. All English teams usually do, but we're the just winners.

Q: Whose *Chilena* was better, yours or Gareth's?
CR7: Doesn't matter! What matters is we've made history!! That's the most important thing!

Q: This winning project, w you spearheading it, needs to continue
CR7: Right now I need to enjoy this moment. Later in the coming days I'll give an answer to fans, whove always been at my side. Its been really wonderful to be part of Real, in the next few days I'll talk more, ok?

Q: This sounds like a Goodbye??
CR7: Nah, no. I just want to enjoy with my friends right now, in the next days I'll give a definitive answer.

Q: Tell us something optimistic at least!
CR7: Just enjoy the moment! We've made history, that's what we wanted to do.

CR7: A particular player's future isn't important right now. What is important is that we've made history!

Q: I'll give you the mic so you can tell the fans something optimistic.
CR7: Thank you to all of the fans!! We've made history and we're very happy!

That's all, please read and then let me know what you think this all means!

My personal opinion? I believe Cristiano is only stating that he wants to live in the moment, this final has gotten to him, and he's very thankful for his journey up to now in Real. He's not leaving.”

Funny how no one mentions this and it’ll get swept under the mat. People want Ronaldo to have that image so they’ll let it be.

More like a guy who wanted to celebrate and said he’ll talk later - literally. Just wanted to be out there reeling it all in instead of answering such questions while in the moment.

/this is all a bunch of bs spun by the media (again), a non story. Move on.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Do you not find it odd spending so much time defending a person who doesn't even know you exist? He ended the interview by saying they should re-name the competition after himself. The entire thing was an obvious ego trip.
No as that was not even the same interview and the renaming thing was a blatant joke. I find it odd how so many people criticize him for something that didn't happen despite that person not even knowing they exist, isn't it the same thing? We can have opinions on people we don't personally know.

If people want to believe it was an ego trip so be it. He does obviously have a big ego, I just don't think this had anything to do with that.

EyeInTheSky

I think that especially after bales comments that both players agents (not sure if they have the same one) and the players themselves have struck upon an opportunity to use each other as leverage since this would mean Madrid stand to lose 2 of their best players in similar or same positions or just in general at the same time. It is cat and mouse.

Brwned

No as that was not even the same interview and the renaming thing was a blatant joke. I find it odd how so many people criticize him for something that didn't happen despite that person not even knowing they exist, isn't it the same thing? We can have opinions on people we don't personally know.
Of course it was a joke but it's an indication of where he's mind is at. Me, me, me.

It's not so much about the opinion but the position you take. I don't take a particular position on Ronaldo. The vast majority of people don't. Sometimes he does stupid things, sometimes he does amazing things, sometimes he's irrelevant. But it's undeniably the case that you will seek out negative opinions on Ronaldo and defend them. That's something you find value in doing over and over again. Surely you can see that's a bit odd, given how irrelevant you are in his life?

:lol: perfect.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
He’s had enough experience to know when and when not to say things. There is zero reason he couldn’t have just said “today is about the team” or words to that effect.
Which is quite literally what he said :lol:

CR7:

“Doesn't matter! What matters is we've made history!! That's the most important thing!”

“Just enjoy the moment! We've made history, that's what we wanted to do.”

“A particular player's future isn't important right now. What is important is that we've made history!”

“Thank you to all of the fans!! We've made history and we're very happy!”

:lol::lol:

Deleted member 101472

He did say that, multiple times
And I said he could just have said that, as in that would be the only thing he said.

Look mate, every one of his teammates and supporters have a right to be annoyed at him for what he said and the way he conducted himself.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Of course it was a joke but it's an indication of where he's mind is at. Me, me, me.

It's not so much about the opinion but the position you take. I don't take a particular position on Ronaldo. The vast majority of people don't. Sometimes he does stupid things, sometimes he does amazing things, sometimes he's irrelevant. But it's undeniably the case that you will seek out negative opinions on Ronaldo and defend them. That's something you find value in doing over and over again. Surely you can see that's a bit odd, given how irrelevant you are in his life?
I don't seek out anything. If I disagree with someone I say it, on any topic.

Deleted member 101472

@Peyroteo if it was ronaldo instead of carragher who spat on that teenager, you’d have sided with your man still I bet. :lol:

Smores

I do find the bitchiness towards him hillarious Bale said much worse but no one is bothered.

All those people in the thread yesterday questioning/rumouring if he celebrated Bales goal when it even showed him. Worse than fecking TOWIE and all those shite shows where people get off drama.

I can see him retiring to be honest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Still irritates me how our Twitter page is always tweeting about him.
Have some pride.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
And I said he could just have said that, as in that would be the only thing he said.

Look mate, every one of his teammates and supporters have a right to be annoyed at him for what he said and the way he conducted himself.
Did I say the opposite of that? I'm arguing with the people saying he did it out of his big ego and that he was sad and didn't even celebrate Bale's goal. Not with the people arguing he shouldn't have said it. If you watch the interviews, he says that himself.

@Peyroteo if it was ronaldo instead of carragher who spat on that teenager, you’d have sided with your man still I bet. :lol:
If people were saying he'd spat at a little girl while he obviously didn't then sure, I'd be on his side too.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I do find the bitchiness towards him hillarious Bale said much worse but no one is bothered.

All those people in the thread yesterday questioning/rumouring if he celebrated Bales goal when it even showed him. Worse than fecking TOWIE and all those shite shows where people get off drama.

I can see him retiring to be honest.
Yeah, not the smartest move saying what he said but have to agree with this too though. He's always being held under the microscope. With Ronaldo it's always polemic.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
No it’s just you going out of your way as per usual to hate on Ronaldo any way possible and that agenda of yours.

And as usual, you’re sidetracking now and changing the talking point. “Words to that effect”...gets called out that it’s precisely what he said...” HEY! I bet if Ronaldo was Carragher ” (aka terrible attempt at a distraction and not admitting he did in fact say what you said he should have done)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think that especially after bales comments that both players agents (not sure if they have the same one) and the players themselves have struck upon an opportunity to use each other as leverage since this would mean Madrid stand to lose 2 of their best players in similar or same positions or just in general at the same time. It is cat and mouse.
They don't.
Bale's agent is Jonathan Barnett while Ronnie's is Jorge Mendez.

El Zoido

Totally agree what he's doing now is among the most embarrassing things he's ever done, but the idea that he'd struggle in the Premier League is utterly ridiculous.
It’s not that he’d struggle in the premier league, he’d struggle playing for us, as we are now. And he might well be the greatest player ever but he’s definitely in decline despite still being amazing. I’ve no doubt he’ll still be doing the business in to his mid-30’s but from a Utd perspective I really don’t want us to go back.

Green_Red

You can label Ronaldo a lot of things but one things for sure, as a professional there is no one better, or has a better attitude to training and applying himself on a football pitch. Any football team in the world would be improved by his signing.

IF he signed here he would put some of our current lot to shame and would probably show the younger ones what it takes to be the very best. As a role model professional he would be awesome to have in a team.

Himannv

Did he say anything about being happy to beat liverpool for the Utd fans? I remember Mascherano said to the same effect when Barca beat us.
He said nothing of the sort and hasn't mentioned us at all. I think he will definitely stay at Real as usual. I don't see us paying the asking price for him so the only other option is PSG, and I'm sure they wouldn't do a deal as big as this with their FFP issues.

reddaz71

Part of him will be upset that he did not get on the scoresheet,he likes it all to be about him!

As for the after match comments well we have been here so many times its very much a classic case of the little boy who cried woolf too often for his own good!

SirAF

Ageist
"Janteloven" in full effect.

dove

"Something is going to happen". Of course, new contract.

Brwned

It’s not that he’d struggle in the premier league, he’d struggle playing for us, as we are now. And he might well be the greatest player ever but he’s definitely in decline despite still being amazing. I’ve no doubt he’ll still be doing the business in to his mid-30’s but from a Utd perspective I really don’t want us to go back.
We've been stung a lot of times with big name signings recently and I agree he's in decline, so I'd be wary too. Personally I'd welcome it, but I totally get why people would have reservations. What confused me was you following on from a guy who said he didn't think Ronaldo would do much...

Lost his pace big time,I don't think he'd do much if he came back to England.It would be an expensive sentimental transfer that we could really do without
I said this in a thread a while back, I don’t want him back for any price. You can point to his numbers but the decline has already started, he’s 33 and can’t go on forever. We really are finally coming to the end of the Ronaldo era. Could you imagine him here anyway? Think he’d melt down in this team trying to get on the end of Valencia’s shin-busters.

And this stuff tonight is pretty embarrassing really. He’s clearly annoyed that he wasn’t the star man and was probably the worst player in a Madrid shirt.
People take very big leaps as soon as they see someone in decline. Scholes was in decline for about 5 years but still contributed massively throughout. Giggs was probably in decline for about 10 years, with the odd spike in performance. Even when they retired they were still significantly better than the league average. We can say that for certain in Scholes' case because he came out of retirement and was still able to dictate the game against midtable PL sides like West Ham, just a week after Giggs sprinkled a bit of injury-time magic a few weeks after turning 39.

At this stage of your career one serious injury can be the beginning of the end, but if Ronaldo can avoid that then I see no reason to expect him to be anything less than one of the elite players in any league he plays in until he retires. The level of investment involved in it makes it a big risk but I think there are loads of people that are seriously downplaying the potential upside. It is clearly true that Ronaldo feeds on the creativity of his team-mates, and we're not a team full of creativity. But I think people underestimate the fact he feeds the creativity of others too. In any case, less than a year ago he played a pivotal role in his country winning their first trophy. That Portugal team had a bad manager, an unbalanced squad, a dire lack of creativity and not much hope. The idea that he needs perfect conditions to play a significant role is silly. He'd make us serious title contenders even without investing more creativity into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.