Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

That's not how it works and you already know it, only Switzerland and Hungary played against "those same nations" in the WC qualifiers, it strikes you as weird that Seferovic or Szalai can't outscore Ronaldo?.

Why did Lewandowski beat Ronaldo? Well he put 9 on Romania and Armenia in 3 games for example. In the 14' QF Bosnia got Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia and Liechtenstein and surprisingly Dzeko and Ibisevic combined for 18 goals, 10 more than Ronaldo in that qualifier... are you shocked by that fact?.

Oh, Lukaku scored 8 of his 11 QF goals against Cyprus, Estonia and Gibraltar, and just 3 against Bosnia and Greece... who would've thought that!.

No?

10 teams account for 40% of his international goals, those teams are Armenia, Latvia, Andorra, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, N Ireland, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Cyprus.

And that's okay, and it's only logical when you haven't played for Brazil, Spain, Germany, France or Italy in the last 15 years.
So the stats simply prove that all top scorers score against weaker teams? How does this prove that he wouldn’t continue to score lots of goals when he still scores more than his peers even when playing for Portugal?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
So the stats simply prove that all top scorers score against weaker teams? How does this prove that he wouldn’t continue to score lots of goals when he still scores more than his peers even when playing for Portugal?
Because at international level his numbers normalize in WC, EC or against big teams in Qualifiers, hence why he's never claimer a WC top scorer trophy, or tied with a bunch of people with 3 goals in 2012 despite being the best European striker by a mile in the last decade

No one is saying he'd suck if he played for United, just that he probably wouldn't be able to replicate his numbers at Real. Is the same reason Lukaku looks miles better when he plays alongside Hazard and KDB, swap Romelu (16 goals in 34 games) for Ronaldo (26 in 27 games) and what output difference do you expect, Ronaldo scoring at the rate of Real Madrid? or 25 goals in 35 games maybe? (and that's adding 8 games to a 34 y/o player).

Lukaku's goals netted 13 points for United this season, Ronaldo got 18 for Real Madrid. I don't think that's such a huge difference to swap them, especially if you consider age, defensive workrate, transfer fee and wages. 34 y/o Ronaldo doesn't turn this United into 100 point threat, like 2010 Ronaldo did for Real Madrid.

Ritish

On the positive side, this transfer could mean end of Martial to Juventus rumors.

Also feel that this could push Real to now move for Kane, as he could easily guarantee them 30-40 goals a season. Would not be cheap though.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
On the positive side, this transfer could mean end of Martial to Juventus rumors.

Also feel that this could push Real to now move for Kane
, as he could easily guarantee them 30-40 goals a season. Would not be cheap though.
Don't get glaston started.

redshaw

Not a bad move, get a couple of Serie A titles and hopefully a bag full of goals. If I was him I'd go to Italy even though it's not as good as it used to be.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany

Also feel that this could push Real to now move for Kane, as he could easily guarantee them 30-40 goals a season. Would not be cheap though.
No chance on Kane leaving, just signed a new contract this summer.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Nobody could replace him at Real so whoever they sign will be fecked before they start.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Not if Real change the system, the way they play wich they under the new coach will eventually do. If there is no need of a superman who must score most of your goals during the season you actually dont need to replace him. Simple as that. :lol:

Suedesi

How is it weird that a team with Lukaku, Alexis, Rashford and Martial it's not all over the place to sign a 33 y/o player for 100M and add another huge payroll to their finances.

What would be the situation there, play Lukaku and Ronaldo together? Sell Martial and Rashford? Bench Lukaku or Ronaldo?. I don't get why United should be behind him, Ronaldo doesn't solve the defensive problems or the creativity department, if we were talking about a solid team that lacked level at the striker position (like Juve) then it's reasonable, but when you have a great striker and 2 great prospects with the rest of the squad still not working at top level, hardly.
Sensible post!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
They won’t get Kane, not even sure they will try beyond an initial enquiry

It’s been a while since Madrid made a big blockbuster signing. Be interesting to see if they will pay £200m which would it take at the very least to sign a Kane or a Salah.

MUFC OK

Barcelona had Beckham shirts printed and on sale in their club shop prior to his move to Madrid. Laporta was convinced he had closed the deal only for it to go pear shaped in the worst possible way. I do think this is different though, it would be incredibly naïve to post such a teaser if they weren't 99% sure the deal was done.

Red Star One

It’s been a while since Madrid made a big blockbuster signing. Be interesting to see if they will pay £200m which would it take at the very least to sign a Kane or a Salah.
If they were to spend more than 200+ I'm pretty sure they'd target Neymar/Mbappe instead of Kane, nevermind Salah IMO.

Acquire Me

Barcelona had Beckham shirts printed and on sale in their club shop prior to his move to Madrid. Laporta was convinced he had closed the deal only for it to go pear shaped in the worst possible way. I do think this is different though, it would be incredibly naïve to post such a teaser if they weren't 99% sure the deal was done.
Its the social media times. People tend to do stupid things on social media.

Javi

It's at 60-70% likelihood I reckon.

According to the Madrid papers who normally know a thing or two about Madrid the list is 1. Neymar, Mbappé and 3. Hazard.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So it's done unless someone pulls out? You should start a twitter account.
:lol:

Here's the situation: cristiano wants to leave and has an agreement with juventus. Juventus want him and are ready to pay the €350-400m total needed. We don't want to make any extra effort to change his mind, and given that it's Cris and that Flo promised to let him go for 100-150m, he will be let go in that price range. The only true variables here are a last second change of heart by Cris or Juventus.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Here's the situation: cristiano wants to leave and has an agreement with juventus. Juventus want him and are ready to pay the €350-400m total needed. We don't want to make any extra effort to change his mind, and given that it's Cris and that Flo promised to let him go for 100-150m, he will be let go in that price range. The only true variables here are a last second change of heart by Cris or Juventus.
Far too many characters that mate.

Bradley Leach

My issue with this whole thing is that obviously something is happening, but I cant see him going to Juve after all the years of saying he'd like to return one day. He claimed to love the fans and the city but then when the chance for him to leave arrives he goes to Italy because Juve fans applauded him for a good goal. There's nothing special about that, that is just appreciating good football.

I'm sat here and thinking why on earth would Juve release a teaser video on a Chinese social media site that would have very little worldwide coverage, if something was going on, then that would be all over twitter, Instagram, Facebook, sky sports news, everything; but the fact remains that it isn't. Why would a European team release a teaser video on a Chinese platform where the majority of their fans would miss it? I'd think the point of a teaser trailer would be to excite the fans but this seems like its the wrong way to go about it.

I can't see anything happening without us being somewhat involved, I think I vaguely remember something when we sold him about having first refusal but I was only like 10 so I'll skip over that. But considering the football, social and financial muscle that we possess, I don't see how we would just overlook one of the, if not the greatest player ever.

Something is off about this deal and I wouldn't be surprised to see him renew at Real; Either way I can’t really see him in Turin, but that's probably just my biased opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Star One

My issue with this whole thing is that obviously something is happening, but I cant see him going to Juve after all the years of saying he'd like to return one day. He claimed to love the fans and the city but then when the chance for him to leave arrives he goes to Italy because Juve fans applauded him for a good goal. There's nothing special about that, that is just appreciating good football.

I'm sat here and thinking why on earth would Juve release a teaser video on a Chinese social media site that would have very little worldwide coverage, if something was going on, then that would be all over twitter, Instagram, Facebook, sky sports news, everything; but the fact remains that it isn't. Why would a European team release a teaser video on a Chinese platform where the majority of their fans would miss it? I'd think the point of a teaser trailer would be to excite the fans but this seems like its the wrong way to go about it.

I can't see anything happening without us being somewhat involved, I think I vaguely remember something when we sold him about having first refusal but I was only like 10 so I'll skip over that. But considering the football, social and financial muscle that we possess, I don't see how we would just overlook one of the, if not the greatest player ever.

Something is off about this deal and I wouldn't be surprised to see him renew at Real; Either way I can’t really see him in Turin, but that's probably just my biased opinion.
He can still love the fans, the city and the club, but I have very little doubt a move to Juve now would be much better for his legacy, and I guess that's all he cares about.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

I don't know about that, Juventus "are so ready" that past Friday it was a question of them presenting him in Saturday (7/7), but last thing I read in Marca was yesterday, with Fiat deciding if they want to go for it or not. When a story like this appears to be done and suddenly freezes for days I'm highly supspicious, not that at any moment I was sure Juve would sign him.

It just feels weird that a team known for conservative market moves suddenly throws the biggest hail mary to win a UCL in a 2/3 year window. It almost makes sense, but at the same time... it doesn't, I don't know how to explain it :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
l

It just feels weird that a team known for conservative market moves suddenly throws the biggest hail mary to win a UCL in a 2/3 year window. It almost makes sense, but at the same time... it doesn't, I don't know how to explain it :lol:
Couldn't have said it better.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I don't know about that, Juventus "are so ready" that past Friday it was a question of them presenting him in Saturday (7/7), but last thing I read in Marca was yesterday, with Fiat deciding if they want to go for it or not. When a story like this appears to be done and suddenly freezes for days I'm highly supspicious, not that at any moment I was sure Juve would sign him.

I feel the same.

But it feels right somehow.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

It's a commercial move more than a footballing one. It's not a hail mary.

And it's definitely done.

Last edited:

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

He's not considering Juve because the fans applauded his goal, but rather because he has a much better chance of winning both a domestic trophy and the CL with them while the Italian league, and in particular Juve, have always been a good path for aging superstars. Aside of that, he's already won plenty in England, it would be better for his resume to also add a Serie A trophy and perhaps a Coppa Italia as well. Ronaldo's main priority is his legacy, not sentimental reasons, as would be the case for me. Hence, Juve makes perfect sense for him if he really decides to leave Real.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

It's actually all bs about fiat and all. Juventus would have released a statement denying interest for Cristiano if they weren't really in for him. The damage to their image if it turns out they won't sign him because they can't afford to would be too massive to play games. They can sign him and are willing to. That much is certain. Cristiano wants to leave us, that too seems certain. We've finally matched juventus offer and he still wants out. So that's that.

It won't be official anytime soon, but the deal itself is pretth much a sure thing at this point. So long as all parties allow Florentino to direct the narrative the way he wants, then only last second stuff like a failed medical, a change of heart by the player or another club sweeping in with a much better offer could derail it at this point.

The thing for juventus is suppose the whole would cost them 400mil, that's 100 mil a year. They can offset a 4th of that through profit off player sales, some more slimming down the wage bill, and the rest they would make off increased revenue thanks to his presence bringing in sponsors. Apparently cristiano might be worth as much as an 80mil spike in revenue for them in the first year. Throw in increased revenue from TV money, and there you have it

poleglass red

It's actually all bs about fiat and all. Juventus would have released a statement denying interest for Cristiano if they weren't really in for him. The damage to their image if it turns out they won't sign him because they can't afford to would be too massive to play games. They can sign him and are willing to. That much is certain. Cristiano wants to leave us, that too seems certain. We've finally matched juventus offer and he still wants out. So that's that.

It won't be official anytime soon, but the deal itself is pretth much a sure thing at this point. So long as all parties allow Florentino to direct the narrative the way he wants, then only last second stuff like a failed medical, a change of heart by the player or another club sweeping in with a much better offer could derail it at this point.

The thing for juventus is suppose the whole would cost them 400mil, that's 100 mil a year. They can offset a 4th of that through profit off player sales, some more slimming down the wage bill, and the rest they would make off increased revenue thanks to his presence bringing in sponsors. Apparently cristiano might be worth as much as an 80mil spike in revenue for them in the first year. Throw in increased revenue from TV money, and there you have it
where are you getting that 400 million number from?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Couldn't have said it better.
I feel the same.

But it feels right somehow.
Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way :lol:

It's a commercial move more than a footballing one. It's not a hail mary.

And it's definitely done.

I get those points but I mean, as a commercial move it has already been effective

Ronaldo has got more attention in the last week than the world cup

Real Madrid have their minutes of glory too, and this indirectly links them to all the other stars in Europe, they might be now in a better position to lure out a Neymar or Kane by telling them "see, Ronaldo might leave, it's your time".

Juve, I don't think failing to secure Ronaldo at this point would hurt their image at all, until this gained traction everyone would laugh at the thought of Juve signing a player of Ronaldo's caliber, they not only managed to fight for the signing, the actual actual Ballon d'Or looked pleased to join them, that's something I've never seen them do in my life, Juve were never an option with Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Cristiano... in my view (and a lot of people too) they were a team that just couldn't keep stars (Baggio, Vieri, Henry, Inzaghi, Zidane, Pogba...) just the opposite of signing them. You could say that signing Nedved, Buffon, Thuram and Salas in 2002 was comparable to Real Madrid in 2009, but they had to cover face because they just sold Zidane and Inzaghi in the same window. Even if the transfer doesn't happen because of some BS excuse now, they'll leave this window in a stronger position, appeal-wise.

And the thing about about Ronaldo adding 80M in revenue in just one year... sorry, I don't buy it, not because it's Ronaldo, but because no player is capable of that, if that was the case Juve wouldn't be the only option. Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern, Liverpool, or even Roma would be jumping at the opportunity, a lot of them have players they could sell to cover Ronaldo's transfer fee (William, Aubameyang, Lewa, Firmino/Mane, Alisson) the wages wouldn't be a problem with that amount of increased revenue and all of them could use a Ronaldo, but the interest isn't there, and I think it's because financially wise, this isn't just a great move, it's either a competitive desperate measure (hence why I'm skeptical at Juve taking it) or indeed a market move, one were they shake the tree for attention but at the end, nothing happens.

As I said days ago, if a guy like Ronaldo (more like his agent) knew his mere pressence at Torino would mean a 80M revenue spike in just the first year, then he wouldn't settle for 30M (¿60M? gross), he'd be asking 80M so Juve get "an upgrade on Higuain at no loss" or even more, if I'm in such a position of power I wouldn't be ecstatic to sign for a company that's inferior performance-wise to my current one, but also knowing they're going to make a killing with me and I'm going to merely improve my wages.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way :lol:

I get those points but I mean, as a commercial move it has already been effective

Ronaldo has got more attention in the last week than the world cup

Real Madrid have their minutes of glory too, and this indirectly links them to all the other stars in Europe, they might be now in a better position to lure out a Neymar or Kane by telling them "see, Ronaldo might leave, it's your time".

Juve, I don't think failing to secure Ronaldo at this point would hurt their image at all, until this gained traction everyone would laugh at the thought of Juve signing a player of Ronaldo's caliber, they not only managed to fight for the signing, the actual actual Ballon d'Or looked pleased to join them, that's something I've never seen them do in my life, Juve were never an option with Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Cristiano... in my view (and a lot of people too) they were a team that just couldn't keep stars (Baggio, Vieri, Henry, Inzaghi, Zidane, Pogba...) just the opposite of signing them. You could say that signing Nedved, Buffon, Thuram and Salas in 2002 was comparable to Real Madrid in 2009, but they had to cover face because they just sold Zidane and Inzaghi in the same window. Even if the transfer doesn't happen because of some BS excuse now, they'll leave this window in a stronger position, appeal-wise.

And the thing about about Ronaldo adding 80M in revenue in just one year... sorry, I don't buy it, not because it's Ronaldo, but because no player is capable of that, if that was the case Juve wouldn't be the only option. Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern, Liverpool, or even Roma would be jumping at the opportunity, a lot of them have players they could sell to cover Ronaldo's transfer fee (William, Aubameyang, Lewa, Firmino/Mane, Alisson) the wages wouldn't be a problem with that amount of increased revenue and all of them could use a Ronaldo, but the interest isn't there, and I think it's because financially wise, this isn't just a great move, it's either a competitive desperate measure (hence why I'm skeptical at Juve taking it) or indeed a market move, one were they shake the tree for attention but at the end, nothing happens.

As I said days ago, if a guy like Ronaldo (more like his agent) knew his mere pressence at Torino would mean a 80M revenue spike in just the first year, then he wouldn't settle for 30M (¿60M? gross), he'd be asking 80M so Juve get "an upgrade on Higuain at no loss" or even more, if I'm in such a position of power I wouldn't be ecstatic to sign for a company that's inferior performance-wise to my current one, but also knowing they're going to make a killing with me and I'm going to merely improve my wages.
Ronaldo would have no interest in joining the likes of Roma, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. He's going to get 30 million a year until he's 38, no other club would have given him that. Apparently not even Madrid which is why he really can't ask for more.

Juve aren't stupid, they wouldn't make this happen if the numbers didn't add up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
where are you getting that 400 million number from?
240mil in wages for 4 years, plus 100-150 in transfer fee plus 20 for mendes

Not really. So far the only commercial effect was on the value of the title, and if they don't sign him that will go back down

Why exactly would we need any of this?

Juve, I don't think failing to secure Ronaldo at this point would hurt their image at all, until this gained traction everyone would laugh at the thought of Juve signing a player of Ronaldo's caliber, they not only managed to fight for the signing
Too many sources too close to both clubs as well as several others highly respected ones have been reporting the deal being very close to being done with all that's missing being Cristiano publicly saying he decided to leave as the only thing left to happen for the deal to go through. If juventus fail to sign him now because they blow it up, they'd become a laughing stock

the actual actual Ballon d'Or looked pleased to join them, that's something I've never seen them do in my life. Juve were never an option with Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Cristiano... in my view (and a lot of people too) they were a team that just couldn't keep stars (Baggio, Vieri, Henry, Inzaghi, Zidane, Pogba...) just the opposite of signing them. You could say that signing Nedved, Buffon, Thuram and Salas in 2002 was comparable to Real Madrid in 2009, but they had to cover face because they just sold Zidane and Inzaghi in the same window. Even if the transfer doesn't happen because of some BS excuse now, they'll leave this window in a stronger position, appeal-wise.
Uhm....Sivori, Platini, Rossi, Laudrup, Baggio, Vialli, Zidane...

Historically they've always been able to lure the biggest names. It's only with italian football's fall from grace that they became unable to pursue such targets(specifically of the guys you mentioned: they didn't go after Ronaldo or Rivaldo but could have easily signed them if they wanted to, Dinho, Messi and Cristiano were already a different era, one in which they played for richer clubs. They could have kept Vieri, Baggio and Inzaghi, but choose to sell. Henry was deemed a bust and sold. Only Zidane they sold to a richer club they could not compete with, and even then they were very happy to sellat that price. Pogba is a different era)

To give you an idea: Madrid, United and Barcelona make around 140-160mil a year off the two main sponsors. Juventus currently make 40mil. Signing Cristiano would likely at least double that amount right away: juventus would be in a strong position to renegotiate the terms with FCA[same owners, too!] and adidas.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are clubs he wouldn't join for a number of reasons, Bayern simply won't pay those wages to anyone and Roma could not afford it anyways

He wouldn't because then juventus could not afford it anymore. For a club with a revenue of 400mil, to add 100 mil in expenses per year, they'd need to cut down expenses elsewhere while aiming to increase revenue to around 600mil in the space of 2-3 years. Because juventus are so far behind commercially to the english teams, bayern and the spanish teams, their growth potential is far greater, hence why Cristiano is worth so much more to them

If they don't sign him because they couldn't afford it afterall, they'll be playing the whole season in an empty stadium. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.