Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

Ok. I thought he’d stayed because no club wanted him. Consequently it was in the club’s and Erik’s best interests to keep things sweet so as to minimise the likelihood of his throwing his toys out. All to no avail, sadly. Though I don’t suppose they were expecting his form to desert him quite as much as it has.
Yes do doubt, hence why this was said;
Only thing I'd have done different was to never posture like we wanted to keep him. There's a ridiculous amount of delusion that our position made clubs not want him. 'Our asset our rules' approach for a player who once likened it to slavery was always going to end in car crash. We def sold out on our values begging him to stay. There's contradiction to doing this after stating anyone who wants to leave can f off.
He and the media seems to think we hindered his market. That's the point.

El Jefe

Didn't like him doing the interview at all but he'll still be forgiven.

Ronaldo has been very transparent throughout his career that he's in it for himself. As many have said, the interview was an act of desperation for a man whose ego cannot cope with the fact that he's not what he once was. This sort of end wasn't unimaginable because I think it was well within his personality.

I still don't hate him and will never forget his first spell here, particularly the last three. My best moments as a fan came watching him and for that I'll always chant Viva Ronaldo. He'll be in my bad books probably for the next few months to a year but I know I'll definitely forgive him especially as he exposed a lot of problems within the club.

I don't like him as a person but as a player and what he's given to the club this interview is not nearly enough for me to forget that.

Revaulx

Yes do doubt, hence why this was said;

He and the media seems to think we hindered his market. That's the point.
Well if “our position” was not letting him go without a fee:

On the one hand, I agree it would have been better to cut loose a discontented player.

On the other, given our record in the market under Woodward I can see why the new regime wanted to send out a message that we were no longer a pushover, even if it meant enduring the presence of said discontented player.

In any case, I’d have thought that there were bigger reasons clubs didn’t want to sign him over and above United demanding a fee. The mismatch between his performances and his expected wages, for a start.

Greck

In any case, I’d have thought that there were bigger reasons clubs didn’t want to sign him over and above United demanding a fee. The mismatch between his performances and his expected wages, for a start.
That's my point. Tell that to Ronaldo, Keane and the media.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I watched an interview Piers Morgan did with Jordan Peterson recently and Morgan mentioned many times about Ronaldo, the greatest player ever, Cristian- the best player to ever kick a ball, Ronaldo blah blah blah. I thought it strange at the time- not that Peterson had spoken with Ronaldo but the love in that Morgan had with him- as an Arsenal fan as well. Well it all makes sense now, they’d already done the Ronaldo interview.

Greck

I don’t know really. The media (not including the likes of Piers, obvs) seemed to rather be enjoying the series of rejections he was encountering.
The part of the media that matter like Keane, Ferdinand and one or two club legends had fully bought his nonsense. They've been condemning us for not "letting him leave". I wanted a firesale but truth is it didn't make a lick of difference,

Wing Attack Plan R

Didn't like him doing the interview at all but he'll still be forgiven.[1]

Ronaldo has been very transparent throughout his career that he's in it for himself. As many have said, the interview was an act of desperation for a man whose ego cannot cope with the fact that he's not what he once was. This sort of end wasn't unimaginable because I think it was well within his personality.

I still don't hate him and will never forget his first spell here, particularly the last three. My best moments as a fan came watching him and for that I'll always chant Viva Ronaldo.[2] He'll be in my bad books probably for the next few months to a year but I know I'll definitely forgive him especially as he exposed a lot of problems within the club.[3]

I don't like him as a person but as a player and what he's given to the club [4] this interview is not nearly enough for me to forget that.
1. United fans are done with him. I don't care what fans from his other clubs do or think.
2. Unless the chant gets changed to "shitc**t Ronaldo", I don't think it should ever be heard again.
3. He whined like a spoiled child, he didn't expose anything.
4. United paid him, he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Didn't like him doing the interview at all but he'll still be forgiven.

I still don't hate him and will never forget his first spell here, particularly the last three. My best moments as a fan came watching him and for that I'll always chant Viva Ronaldo. He'll be in my bad books probably for the next few months to a year but I know I'll definitely forgive him especially as he exposed a lot of problems within the club.

I don't like him as a person but as a player and what he's given to the club this interview is not nearly enough for me to forget that.
He won’t.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Found this comment on the Stretford Paddock channel, thought I'd share it. All credits to Ch£ :

Ronaldo's album has dropped:

The Complainer

1. Give Me Penalty (Intro)
2. Ghosting
3. Warming Benches
4. Celebration (ft Piers Morgan)
5. Old Friends Become Enemies (ft Rooney & Gary Neville)
6. Washed
7. My Confession (ft Messi)
8. Disrespect (ft Ten Hag)
9. MLS Here I come
10. Smashing Phone (ft Little Kid)
11. Jealousy (ft Rooney)
12. Betrayal (ft Man-U)
13. Siuiii (Outro)
Rejected By Many Clubs (bonus track)

fallengt

Manager did his best to cancel this diva culture that's haunting this club for years and you want to enable it. Yes, that will show him.

If Ronaldo's highlighted problems of this club then you're being one. Stop with the moral highground horseshit and support the current manager

Hester_manc

I can not remember that I have ever disliked a United player as much, as I do with Ronaldo after this situation. I can not wait to see him leave the club.

Mas Risky

We don't know for certain which fact is true: that Cristiano wanted to leave but the club refused, or the opposite. But in both cases, the blame is still on Cristiano.
If he really wanted to leave, then he should buy out the remaining contract. We have a newly promoted sports director who doesn't want to look like a fool by letting him go without a transfer fee or still paying his remaining wage.
If he doesn't want to go, then he should accept the realities: we have a new manager, and he has to fight for his place. I believe that if Erik ten Haag is given everything that he wants in the summer, he will have no problem letting Cristiano leave to buy a younger striker. The problem is that we have more important positions to fill quickly. Understandably, Erik ten Haag is willing to keep Cristiano, because of his stature and his last season's record. People will think he is stupid if he lets Cristiano leave without a well-known replacement.

fallengt

It was well reported that there was a meeting at the beginning of the season with Ronaldo, his agent, SAF, Ten Hag and people from the board. SAF and Ten Hag were trying to persuade him to stay and get with the project. Apparently Ronaldo still said he wanted out.
He wanted United to loan him out and pay 80% his wage. No serious club wanted a perma deal.
What do you want United to do? Say feck off and upset Ronaldo?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I can not remember that I have ever disliked a United player as much, as I do with Ronaldo after this situation. I can not wait to see him leave the club.
what about when hitler played for us in the 30s?

ExoduS

Are any of you who use facebook getting ridiculously high pro-Ronaldo posts from sources you never heard of? Seems Ronaldo's PR team is working overtime as a weak ago I was not getting anything related to him on FB and now I can't scroll past two stories without getting some sort of pro Ronaldo quote.

Withnail

We don't know for certain which fact is true: that Cristiano wanted to leave but the club refused, or the opposite. But in both cases, the blame is still on Cristiano.
If he really wanted to leave, then he should buy out the remaining contract. We have a newly promoted sports director who doesn't want to look like a fool by letting him go without a transfer fee or still paying his remaining wage.
If he doesn't want to go, then he should accept the realities: we have a new manager, and he has to fight for his place. I believe that if Erik ten Haag is given everything that he wants in the summer, he will have no problem letting Cristiano leave to buy a younger striker. The problem is that we have more important positions to fill quickly. Understandably, Erik ten Haag is willing to keep Cristiano, because of his stature and his last season's record. People will think he is stupid if he lets Cristiano leave without a well-known replacement.

It's fairly well documented that Ronaldo wanted to leave and there were no offers except from the Saudis which he wasn't interested in so the club didn't refuse anything. Why would you have any reason to believe anything else?

Withnail

Are any of you who use facebook getting ridiculously high pro-Ronaldo posts from sources you never heard of? Seems Ronaldo's PR team is working overtime as a weak ago I was not getting anything related to him on FB and now I can't scroll past two stories without getting some sort of pro Ronaldo quote.
No I'm getting nothing at all but I don't follow a lot of sports pages or anything like that on Facebook.

Mas Risky

It's fairly well documented that Ronaldo wanted to leave and there were no offers except from the Saudis which he wasn't interested in so the club didn't refuse anything. Why would you have any reason to believe anything else?
His statement in this interview contradict that. I tend to believe that Ronaldo wanted to leave, but "a fairly well documented" is basically only a media report, not a hard evidence. That's why he did this interview: to keep the record straight (from his POV anyway).

Either he's lying in this interview or Jorge Mendes whoring Cristiano all summer without his consent.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Does anyone think Ronaldo has taken any legal advice before conducting this? I don’t think he has and assumed the club would pay him the rest of his contract and let him leave.
feck knows… the guy’s befriended Jordan Peterson though and openly been taking advice from him so… who knows.

I think Ronaldo’s actually in a pretty bad way psychologically tbh.

There’s strong Kanye vibes coming forth.

El Jefe

Manager did his best to cancel this diva culture that's haunting this club for years and you want to enable it. Yes, that will show him.

If Ronaldo's highlighted problems of this club then you're being one. Stop with the moral highground horseshit and support the current manager
What are you crying about? Check my post history and you'll see I'm a big EtH fan.

It's not taking the moral highground, I can just make ease with the fact that Ronaldo is being a spoiled brat at the moment but it isn't enough for me not to love him as a player still.

You and the rest that have quoted me can have a grudge against Ronaldo forever but there will be a massive part of the fanbase that are upset with him now but will forgive him in time.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I think Ronaldo’s actually in a pretty bad way psychologically tbh.
He is what he is - and that's a formerly amazing footballer and almost certainly not a pleasant person. How unpleasant it's hard to say but my guess is extremely. I've thought this for a long time so this interview hasn't really changed things.

Withnail

His statement in this interview contradict that. I tend to believe that Ronaldo wanted to leave, but "a fairly well documented" is basically only a media report, not a hard evidence. That's why he did this interview: to keep the record straight (from his POV anyway).

Either he's lying in this interview or Jorge Mendes whoring Cristiano all summer without his consent.
Multiple reports from multiple journalists are that he wanted to leave, that United would have done a deal if they got an acceptable offer but that the only offer was from the Saudis.

Ronaldo claimed that he was happy to stay and many clubs were interested.

If clubs were interested and made offers we would have heard about it. The press don't keep these things to themselves because it's United and Ronaldo so it's automatically a big story that drives engagement. He's contradicting himself again as he's done throughout this shitshow. His story falls apart when you consider what the media would have to gain from pushing a false narrative 'that nobody wants Cristiano' (referring to himself in third person cringe) i.e. feck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.