Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's still one of our players mate. I mean the front page etc. I checked and there's none but as I don't visit the page often no idea if his image was on our front page previously.
I looked. Agree there are no images of him on the front page at all. Don't know if that is normal.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
You forgot the CCP. They're probably the one who invented this whole thing. Google 'wumao' and you'd see.
Ah the wumaos…that said CCP is an entity, but Xi probably has a huge horde of them. Actual wumaos, not bots mind you

Strelok

I looked. Agree there are no images of him on the front page at all. Don't know if that is normal.
Yeah that was my question.

Anyway imo he's still one of the biggest names in the squad with a huge marketability it's kinda weird if they didn't put his face there. So not normal imo.

Last edited:

Mas Risky

I'd be massively surprised if he ever played for us again but let's not pretend that he isn't right about how far we are from the the top teams these days. City have every bit of tech going while we can't even appoint a DoF. Which other club would give some made-up title to Darren Fletcher?
This kind of opinion always bothers me. Not saying Darren Fletcher is a world-class technical director (I don't even know what this job entails), BUT...

Edu (Arsenal), Hasan Salihamidzic (Muenchen), Marco Monti (Inter), Santiago Solari (Real Madrid), and Jordi Cruyff (Barcelona) are not exactly a world-beating players either. According to transfermarkt, Juventus even appoints Marco Storari as a Squad Leader. Wth is that?

Almost all historically great European football clubs are "old boys clubs," particularly Bayern Munich. At some point, Milan hired Christian Brocchi and Ajax hired Marcel Keizer as a manager, both are former players with less credentials than Darren Fletcher.

Reactions: JPRouve

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Jason Cundy spitting facts. It's not even the football related stuff. He comes off as a seriously unpleasant person. Someone extremely self centered.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

This is a good point. All he's actually done so far is confirm the media were correct when they published these particular stories, some of which his fans at the time claimed were untrue.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

This is a good point. All he's actually done so far is confirm the media were correct when they published these particular stories, some of which his fans at the time claimed were untrue.

MrEleson

Didn’t he say he thought they were at their best under Ole? I didn’t watch the interview so just going on the things I’ve read on here.
Na he said that he just thought Ole was a good man at heart and that the players and fans loved him. When Piers pressed the question about him being a good coach, he couldn’t give a direct answer and just said he could be in the future.

Idxomer

Ronaldo decided to join United again 3 months after the fans' protests stopped the Liverpool game at Old Trafford from going ahead.

Let's not pretend he ever cared about the state of the club or the Glazers. He probably had no clue that happened because that's how little he cares about United in general.

djembatheking

No need for the club to do anything, should stay silent throughout the world cup and let him wonder what is going on. When the world cup is over he will have to return or face disiplinary action . If he wants to leave he will have to put in a transfer request . Transfer window doesn`t open until January so no rush. Let the media stir up the shit with no comments from the club. I doubt he will have the bottle to come back after the world cup so the club will have control of the situation. He will never play for the club again .

Brophs

The One and Only
Ronaldo decided to join United again 3 months after the fans' protests stopped the Liverpool game at Old Trafford from going ahead.

Let's not pretend he ever cared about the state of the club or the Glazers. He probably had no clue that happened because that's how little he cares about United in general.
Probably too busy discussing wheelie bags to notice.

Asked whether he and his team-mates ever discussed the corruption scandal at the game’s governing body, Ronaldo replied: “Do you want me to be honest? It doesn’t worry me at all. I do my profession, my job, I give me all for my club … the rest doesn’t matter to me. I don’t care what happens on the outside.”
Ronaldo is then asked what subjects are on the agenda in the changing room: “About music, about women, about fashion, about shoes, about suitcases/bags, about jewellery, about haircuts … any more you want me to list?”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/03/cristiano-ronaldo-fifa-women-fashion-shoes-qatar

Kaos

He never called him a wanker and he never claimed the sky is blue
He said he doesn't respect him, try publicly claiming you don't respect your boss and see how that works out. And him describing United as an antiquated club that's not modernised under the Glazers is as obvious as the sky being blue to anyway who follows the sport.

Jericholyte2

I must say, all the focus here is rightly on Ronaldo, but it shows just how far Piers Morgan has fallen.

When he started his show he's interviewing a disgraced former President of the United States and claiming his show will 'right the wrongs of wokery'...

...and now his biggest pull is interviewing a footballer who doesn't wan't to play for his club anymore.

Andersonson

He said he doesn't respect him, try publicly claiming you don't respect your boss and see how that works out. And him describing United as an antiquated club that's not modernised under the Glazers is as obvious as the sky being blue to anyway who follows the sport.
Where have I said that he doesnt deserve critisism for that? Or that he doesnt deserve to be sacked for it? It was utterly stupid that part

Josh 76

Simon Jordon telling how it it on talk sport.
Best take I’ve heard on this fiasco!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Ronaldo was scoring 30+goals a season, you'd say it's worth the drama and Circus he brings.

He isn't and won't.

He isn't worth his 500k salary - and you can't even say it's worth keeping him for the merchandise as his fanboys probably hate the club now too.

Just get rid. Cut him loose and let him be somebody elses problems.

We've jumped out of the frying pan with Pogba, into the fire called Ronaldo :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
Fun and interesting conversations in the United dressing room then.
“So you got the XR3 model with the upgraded titanium chassis and axle system? And you paid extra for the WhisperSoft Velvet lining, with the soft close compartment security system and integrated moisture expulsion module? [Puts one foot on top of the suitcase and his thumb in his belt loop] Yeahhhhhh, she’ll cost you more in the short term but she’ll pay you back in spades over the lifetime of the unit. Long after the price is forgotten, the quality will be remembere——JESUS ARSEING CHRIST. ARE THOSE THE LIMITED EDITION, MONOGRAMMED, LIQUIDISPHERE WHEELS? WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE? DON’T STUTTER AT ME. WHERE? THEY TOLD ME THOSE WEREN’T DROPPING UNTIL Q1 23.”

Status
Not open for further replies.