Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Hmm not quite.
Lampard was finished by then and a bit part walk on player.
And there is no link between Chelsea and City apart from being deplorable oil team play things.
Ronaldo would be starting most games and probably still their best player.
relax

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Nikelesh Reddy

I would be very very dissapointed if he join’s City....I would be very upset if we dont even try to reach out to Ronaldo at this late stage....But I guess I”m just being emotional now.We have Cavani and Greenwood as our main strikers...It doesn’t make sense to have 2 over 35 strikers in the squad.But it would still be terrible to see him line up for City...

Spoony

The People's President
I never said they aren’t our rivals at all, but a lot of the hoopla about this supposed rivalry is manufactured and recently too. City fans hating us doesn’t equate or translate to them being our rivals or biggest rivals (which was the implication in the post I replied to initially). It just means they are jealous. They have little brother syndrome. They are not our equals despite being in an upward trajectory for years, and the only reason they are our rivals is because of geography. Might as well say Bolton Wanderers are up there in terms of rivalry for us if that’s the criteria. Our rivalries with Liverpool and Leeds eclipse any rivalry with City

It's always been City and Liverpool in Manchester. Anyway I didn't feel the Leeds rivalry in the 80s because they were in the second division and I was only a kid. I'd say the City rivalry is starting to mean more to folk born outside the Manchester than previous because City weren't competing on the pitch back then, but it's always been important to local fans.

Offsideagain

Let’s be clear on this if it happens. City are just a PR branch of the Abu Dhabi government. They will do anything to promote Abu Dhabi. They have had two let downs in Kane and Mendy so they need a boost for the ‘fans’. So signing Ronaldo to them is one in the eye for United, the other main focus of City and will sell a few shirt. He will cause havoc on the pitch as he will destroy their way of playing. If he goes, it will end in tears. Proper City fans won‘t want him or applaud him. Storm in a teacup.

Ixion

Need that comic panel of Captain America saying Hail Hydra but with Ronaldo's mug photoshopped on it

mobmob

Out of interest, would you rather have Lukaku or Ronaldo?
I would take the one who scored the most goals last season as its a short term solution, "if" we are addressing our striker next season ie. Haaland or someone else! so therefore it would be Ronaldo! You can say 36/37 old git all you want he still banged in more than the 110 million pound Lukaku!

Castia

Not sure where people get the impression from that he's finished? he's not at the level he was maybe 3 years ago but he's just come off a 36 goals season that followed a 37 goal season, 103 goals in 130 games at juve that's still crazy.

Id put money on him finishing PL top scorer this season if he comes back.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Rio posted a Graphical Interchange Format file that is not moving at all! what is wrong with him?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We should go for him really. The other elites strikers who scored similar no. of goals (35-40 goals per season) would have all cost 500k+ weekly wages and 100-180m transfer fee anyway (is Lewandoski, Haaland, Mbappe). True he is old and there’s no resell value, but he’d only cost around 30m in transfer fee and would play for next 2-3 seasons (probably would score another 70-100 goals), I think it’s reasonable.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Well he's flying to Manchester obviously. We need car trackers to see if he goes to City or Utd training ground

PeteManic

Ronaldo signing for City is great news for United. (And actually better news for Chelsea who I think will do it this year).

You can GUARANTEE that Pep doesn't want him. This is an Abu Dhabi purchase. Pep didn't mention leaving in 2023 for nothing. He is done with it.

If Ronaldo arrives, City will implode. Ronaldo will only be going to City to win another CL. And yet he will feck everything up. You really think that Pep's WHOLE TEAM is going to play for Ronaldo so he can tap in a few goals? Haha!

You can bet that Allegri said he was only coming back if Ronaldo was going. Allegri is not one bit bothered. He knew Ronaldo was off.

This is all great to watch.

Herman Toothrot

Let’s be clear on this if it happens. City are just a PR branch of the Abu Dhabi government. They will do anything to promote Abu Dhabi. They have had two let downs in Kane and Mendy so they need a boost for the ‘fans’. So signing Ronaldo to them is one in the eye for United, the other main focus of City and will sell a few shirt. He will cause havoc on the pitch as he will destroy their way of playing. If he goes, it will end in tears. Proper City fans won‘t want him or applaud him. Storm in a teacup.
fecking hilarious how City sponsor Manchester Pride with money from a country where homosexuality is punishable by the death penalty. Howard Bernstein and Richard Leese sold our city out for a quick buck.

Flytan

Ronaldo signing for City is great news for United.

You can GUARANTEE that Pep doesn't want him. This is an Abu Dhabi purchase. Pep didn't mention leaving in 2023 for nothing. He is done with it.

If Ronaldo arrives, City will implode. Ronaldo will only be going to City to win another CL. And yet he will feck everything up. You really think that Pep's WHOLE TEAM is going to play for Ronaldo so he can tap in a few goals? Haha!

This is all great to watch.
Yeah pep is so furious he's only going to stay for two more seasons (which is probably how long Ronaldo stays). Your post doesn't even make sense

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Sorry for Ole, the circus has come to town. Can see Utd doing this. Might put a bet on, Ronaldo is coming home!

Hoof the ball

So, what's the deal with the Rio post, then?

I mean, yeah, he's a pundit, but as has been established, he's as much of a muppet as half of Redcafe, so I don't think he'd post something so ill-timed as his DiCaprio tweet as a troll. Something he knows?

Giggsy13

I’m 100% certain Ole will kill it with fire. “We looked at him of course, it’s Ronaldo after all so you have to, but decided its not an area we need to focus on and we are very happy with our options in that area”
Very accurate, I could hear Ole when reading that and it filled me with rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.