Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRed

Don't do it, man. He's said in interviews before that money isn't everything and he wouldn't go to City. I hope that's still true for him. I know we didn't get his peak years here and he's scored against us since leaving etc etc but I just really don't want to see him in a City shirt.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Will be kind of funny to see Pep’s very visible rage and annoyance at seeing Ronaldo not pressing and working super hard for the team.

He’s going to score a shed load of goals for them but he just seems like the opposite sort of player for a Guardiola team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean that only Best equals Ronaldo's peak at United. What I'm saying is that Best had a better peak at United than Charlton, but Charlton had a longer and more consistent career than Best.
Why though? During the same years Charlton played a more complete game(often deeper) while putting similar numbers, Charlton greatness isn't just about longevity and consistency, his peak was also very high.

Rolaholic

At this point I'm rooting for the Qatari's, the amount of prestige they would get having Ronaldo replacing Mbappe to team up in the same side as Messi with the World Cup coming up there next year would be worth more than the 30m City are reportedly unwilling to give up

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Stupid move for him imo. Bigger chance of winning the CL but it wouldn’t be as impressive as doing it with Juve.

The Premier League is no place for a 37 year old. He’d almost be 40 by the time he leaves. It’s a huge risk for the longevity of his career for a small increase in percentage of winning trophies since both the Premier League and the Champions League are very competitive.

Watching him back at the best league in the world with Guardiola coaching would be entertaining at least but if his goal is to increase his legacy as much as possible then I don’t think this is right at all

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
Mendes is the exact sort of mercenary agent bastard most believe Raiola to be, he's Raiola on steroids
It's Mendes who works for Ronaldo and not the other way around.

It's just an easy excuse for fans to point fingers at agents as if they can do anything without their clients' approval. Nobody can force Ronaldo to join City and if he does, it'll be his decision.

Pass and Move

Well, I find the thought of him ending up at City quite exciting. I’ve never felt a particular affinity for him so don’t care if he’s at one of our rivals.

Varun

Staff
It'll be shit but only because he's way better than Jesus and will take them up a level. Never understood the worship of a player who left us after a lot of drama to give his best years to Real so dont care much about Ronaldo the "legend".

Flexdegea

This is where you're wrong. United only has a lot of sponsors due to its recent legacy (1995-2013) of winning lots of things in a short time. People around the world who 'adore' United are mainly casual fans that enjoy supporting a winning team - they will happily switch allegiance if United became mid-table or a lesser version of Wenger's Arsenal.
Ronaldo was important in making sure the next generation of kids and new fans started supporting United - and hence continued interest from sponsors.

Not all this crap again :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Worst part of it would be justifying this to my son. Don't do it Ronaldo.
I managed to convert my 7 year old from a City to United fan this summer. His favourite players are Cristiano and Grealish :lol: I tried I guess.

Spoony

The People's President
So were Andy Cole and Denis Law? Once they leave, feck them. Can play for whoever. Players come and go. The club is the fans.

When Denis Law shifted to City, the dynamics were different. I know plenty of City and United fans who watched home games at the other club. The rivalry wasn't as intense. As for Ronaldo moving at this time, it's is a bit mental, but he's never really been a Red. And it's bloody hilarious.

bakalhau

This is a freaking tough one for me. I said earlier in this thread I don't see him moving this year, he seems emotionally involved with the Juve team, even last game he was 100% in with the team, even dishing out instructions and rallying other players from the bench. If he does move... To City...

My heart will be conflicted to mother hell and back. I love Man Utd since I was a kid and saw that 1999 CL final, and I love Ronaldo just as much as Man Utd, but I have maybe a bigger passion for the dude, for my own personal reasons, blah blah. To each their own. Seeing him in a City shirt would be stuff of nightmares. Absolutely everything I don't want to happen. I'd rather he joins PSG at this point.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As somewhat of a neutral, it would be pretty cool to have Ronaldo back in this league.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I managed to convert my 7 year old from a City to United fan this summer. His favourite players are Cristiano and Grealish :lol: I tried I guess.
Damn that sucks man.

My little cousin pretended to be a City fan for years just we wouldn't take the piss out of him. He was finally brave enough to admit that he loves Arsenal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It did Schmeichel harm , firmly dented his status amongst fans
Did it? I can’t say I’ve heard that.
Exactly this. I was very disappointed in him back then, that he couldn't wait to get out even though we were winning everything in sight and he was adored. But now? I couldn't give less of a feck about him. The one silver lining, if this goes through, is that United fans' cringeworthy one-sided love affair with him might end.
Bang on. As soon as he compared himself to a slave to get his move I’ve cringed a bit whenever united fans even entertain the idea Ronaldo might still give a feck about this club. The fact he’s still worshipped by many is a bit mad tbh.

Josh 76

Why though? During the same years Charlton played a more complete game(often deeper) while putting similar numbers, Charlton greatness isn't just about longevity and consistency, his peak was also very high.
Charltons peak was good as any player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sure you may believe Messi is the GOAT, but Ronaldo's name also comes up in the discussion.
Cristiano is not going to disappear just like Pele/Messi/Maradona will not disappear. Even players one level below like Di Stefano, Beckanbauer and Cruyff are not going to 'disappear'.
You are overstating United's permanence in the tier that contains Barca/Bayern/Madrid, You had a chance to get in there in 2010 but you squandered it with poor signings. The new generation of young fans (especially non-English) are idolizing City/Chelsea/Madrid/Barca a lot more than United.
Even your most reputed players - Lukaku (grew up following Chelsea), Pogba (literally United youth) don't consider it unthinkable to transfer away.
That's like saying Madrid weren't an elite club back in 2009. We're clearly among the world's biggest 4-5 football clubs. Barcelona, Bayern and Madrid have no sort of exclusive club. But please carry on snorting "CR7"'s backside to delude yourself of the stature of this football. I mean, it's sortof weird that Madrid fans (who are inferior in every way to the older lot) are coming to a Manchester United forum in droves when we aren't one of the biggest clubs on the planet. Weird, that. And no, a footballer cannot compare in terms of stature and importance to these clubs, they're all on a different level to one individual.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
We support United.

Give your heads a wobble. Players come and go!
I understand the sudden outrage because of the City rumour but his loyalty to United ended when he left for Madrid. That was a clear sign he was moving on. What I don't understand is when a player moves on why can't people just remember their contributions and stop getting butt hurt whenever they make a decision about their future. Instead, they get dragged through the mud and everyone totally forgets all the contributions they made towards us winning games. He used to light up OT when he was here. Can we all just remember that and wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. Hopefully the team he ends up with makes their way to OT sometime soon and our boys give them a good old trashing :D

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Worst thing about this?

The Bruno chant is ruined... came from Sporting like Marcos Rojo doesn't have the same ring to it.

Firstouch20

Ronaldo has probably looked at Messi's move to PSG to build a super team and now believes that he needs to make a similar move to ensure that Messi doesn't over take his Champions League trophy tally. I'm using my narcissist thinking cap to put myself in the shoes of a narcissist.

GoldanoGraham

Think he will cause all sorts of chaos at City and really upset the Apple cart - Pep will fall out with him like he did with Ibra - once he says that Messi is the better player Ronnie will have a fit……

Seriously - not sure this is a good fit for him……his age and longevity will seriously be tested now in the EPL

still reckon he could end up at PSG yet though!

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
City will do it just for the 'banter' if nothing else. They have the billboard ordered already.

Ultimately we'll just have to have a laugh about it and know that Ronaldo isn't the player he was and hopefully his presence and desire to be 'the man' will disrupt what seems like a decent team spirit and lack of egos at City.

Any word on how City fans are reacting, obviously they'll love to wind us up which is fair enough, but from a purely football point of view do they want him?
Well speaking as a City fan, no, I don’t want him.
I’m not knocking him as a player but I wouldn’t want him in a City shirt and that’s got nothing to do with him playing for Utd 12 years ago and everything to do with the cult of Ronaldo that follows him around.
I think it’d be a distraction to the rest of our squad and I’d much rather have a younger, less famous but more of a team player like Martinez for instance.

If we do get him then I’ll give him my support but I don’t even want to dwell on that right now because it’s a lovely sunny day and not deserving of uncomfortable considerations.

btw I didn’t want Kane either, he’s a prolific scorer of PL goals but just soo boring.

Reactions: Sultan

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
But neither of that is your decision. Super League failed because UEFA threatened legal consequences ... not because fans hated it. By the way, thats how the CL was also created.

I should have asked how 'accepting' would you be? Would you fight it (legally) like Liverpool fans in 2010 or would you wave the occasional Norwich City scarf (green & gold) and then continue cheering a front 3 of Mbappe-Haaland-Sancho?

My feeling is that you'd say 'support the team' or 'its not our fault who our owner is' or 'its City's fault - they started it' or 'this is how football is now' or 'don't be racist, they have a right to their culture in their own country' ....
You think all clubs pulled out of the Super League after 2 days because they were afraid UEFA were going to sue them? If this is the reality you subscribe to I'm not even sure I can tell you anything from reality you'd believe. The CL and Super League is nothing alike. The Super League is a American franchise system where clubs have the right to participate in the league, it goes against everything that is assosciated with football and sporting culture in Europe. The fact that Real Madrid still seems to be insisting on it is revolting. You compete through achievement, not like a insecure loserclub that needs to have their competition ensured by contract.

I've made several posts on these very forums explaining exactly what my stance on a government fund or government owned entity taking over the club: I want absolutely nothing to do with any club owner that breaks every human right under the sun before christmas. So you know, get bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.