Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Its obivous Ronaldo only cares about Madrid side of his career. He would never consider playing for Barcelona because that would ruin his Madrid legacy.

But playing for city is okay for him. Sad to see,

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How can grown men be this much into a player? Some here sound like they're about to cry. This is embarrassing.
I'm sorry, but what is even the point of being a football fan if you're not into the players? what is even this opinion?

adam118

Wouldn't get your hopes up, Ole is all focussed on Trippier instead.

Not sure why Rio is teasing but he is probably doing it for more views when he releases a video about it on his FIVE channel

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Basically if you are happy to dish it out then you should take it when it’s your turn.

I know human psychology doesn’t exactly work like that, but if you (not you specifically) have been giving it large about Owen/RvP winning a title here and making fun of Liverpool/Arsenal unable to do it with him, then it’s only fair that you shouldn’t be up in arms when something like this happen to you.
Doesn't make any sense. I'm personally not up in arms as I think the heart break is actually kindly amusing but I'd argue that it's human nature for the fans who lost their talisman to be upset and the fans who have gained their rivals to be happy.

It's like saying if you want to gloat/be happy/excited when you win, then don't feel upset/angry when you lose. Not quite but that's how I apparently have put it across. No going back now.

Castia

Surely if United was in for him then Romano would be all over it.

RUCK4444

Please United don't let this feckin happen. Just get him in, amply replace Cavani for a season and look at it again next summer with Haaland available.

Just make it happen for my sanity.

Skåre Willoch

Either Rio is
A) Laughing at City for spending way to much on a has-been 37 year old crybaby chasing his final bag, disrupting their team chemistry along the way
or
B) Laughing at City fans for believing they ever had a chance of signing a 36 year old GOAT with plenty left in the tank, taking a big pay cut to end his career in Manchester and lift the PL trophy with his Uncle Alex in the stands.

Oranges038

Well well well :devil: :devil: :devil:

It's all a massive double bluff by the master that is Pep.

He makes it look like he wants Ronaldo, Utd get wind of it and try to hijack the deal.

Meanwhile in the background Pep is quietly sneaking away on a deal for Haaland.

matsdf

Odds now 8/11 to City, and 5/4 to us at Sky. Let's go!!! (Yes, I am doing this to myself. And you lot)

Number32

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He should offer to play for us for free. He's rich enough - can't possibly need more money and stands a chance of winning a last CL this year. If he joins city.............kinell.

DutchCruijff

Ferdinand would know something.

He's close to the club, very close. They had it organised for Varane to meet him at the unveiling. He knows Ole. And above all, he's close to SAF and Ronaldo.

Stacks

He makes it look like he wants Ronaldo, Utd get wind of it and try to hijack the deal.

this is what worries me. CR7 is very short termism. We don't need a 37 year old from Serie A for 1.5 seasons. I didn't particularly want Kane either.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It’s no difference to LL in past decade before Ronaldo join Juventus in 2018:

Barca: 7 LL titles from 08-18
Juventus: 7 Serie A titles from 08-18

Ronaldo add 2 more Serie A titles for Juventus since.
Messi only managed to add 1 more for Barca since.
I'm not personally blaming Ronaldo for Juventus not winning the league last year, but La Liga was a 3 horse race with some strong Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid sides whilst Ronaldo was there. It's not comparable. Messi has been the topscorer in la liga in the 3 previous seasons and was topscorer and broke assist record in a single season as well without Barcelona winning it. The overall quality of the team, manager and synergy obviously matters as well apart from the star player.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
this is what worries me. CR7 is very short termism. We don't need a 37 year old from Serie A for 1.5 seasons. I didn't particularly want Kane either.
I agree. We need to focus on overhauling our midfield and ability to get the ball easily to forward positions. Would be just like us to ignore that and go for the fancy name.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Didn't this happen with Fred? He was nailed on to there for ages, and then we splurge 50m on him. Pep got us good there.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For one year up front before we get Haaland? Why ever not?

Castia

This 36 year old isn't like the others though he's just bagged 103 goals in 130 games and is as fit as a fecking ox!

I mean the 20 odd million fee is nothing he's bring that in merchandise sales alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.