Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

Two years of ronaldo banging goals is not a bad idea. We needed a striker and he will take those half chances. The man was the joint highest scorer in the euros. Still wish we had signed him when he left Madrid.

diarm

Henderson
Varane Maguire Shaw
Sancho Bruno Pogba Rashford
Mason Cavani Ronaldo

Who needs a bloody midfield?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's a stupid decision to sign him if we're thinking rationally. We should be going all in for a DM.

But football is all about romanticism and I'm loving this

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I can’t help but feel like In 2 seasons we will look back and think of this as another expensive player we probably need to get off our books before we can free up cash and advance, and we mostly moved because city were interested. They end up looking smarter by adding 3 up and comers for the same wages. Only 1 needs to come good.

Hey I hope ronaldo leads us to the league and CL but like Juve and Portugal recently I can just see a lot of parked busses and frustrated prima donna on the biggest money ever earned in the PL.
I agree. We've been burned on Sanchez and to a lesser extent Falcao and should have learned our lesson.

But it's Ronaldo.

RONALDO.

Emotions are destined to get the better of us.

Womp

idiot
To be honest, I think bringing him back is a bad idea.
I have my reservations too. Rumours according to Di Marzio is that it's only a 2 year contract, which I think is okay though. With him being 37 next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see us being in for a Haaland or another long term striker.

Also, I don't think we are signing a DM regardless of if Ronnie signs or not. Club must not be aware that's a position on the football pitch, so I don't think it impacts that either

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why Cavani not being part of the squad is likely?
Uruguay have games in September, October, November, late January, February, March. You have to quarantine from there. We barely got him to agree to extend. He already posted not being happy with government rules and the prem not released players.

Suv666

We need a striker and even a 40 year old Ronaldo would be one of the best in the league.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
This is what it's all about. I'm fecking buzzing.

Forget how he fits in or if he does or doesn't upset this player or that player.

It's so exciting that he's coming back, just embrace the feeling

mu4c_20le

Is anyone actually pleased that this is happening?

We don't need a 36yo Ronaldo. If he tarnishes his legacy by going to City, so be it. Why do we have to offer him a retirement home?
Are you drunk?

Stacks

This should not impact our activity elsewhere at all. We are spending like £20m to sign him and putting about £15m per year or so on wages. With the PR boost he will bring we are probably going to make that back in revenue. He can basically replace Martial in the squad for now.
shirt sales go to Adidas not united

Blood Mage

This is a crazy twist. Maybe a bad idea but it's worth it to see the egg on City's face.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be honest, I think bringing him back is a bad idea.
in my view I’m the same. I don’t see how he gels with what we currently have in the club. This was my post earlier in the summer:
Main problem I have with the likes of Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic is that they're basically hoovers in the final third. Shots must go through them.

Ronaldo takes a staggering 5.3 shots per game. For us it's Bruno on 3.2, and then Rashford, Greenwood, and Martial all on 2. Man City and Liverpool have very similar patterns to ours (KDB/Salah being near identical to Bruno). I much prefer a side with that level of equal distribution to one hoover in the final third. Our last season with MMM all bagging 15+ goals and Bruno not being too far behind was about as ideal as it gets for me, in terms of goal spread. Again, City's season this year is very similar to that.

Now I'm not saying these players flatout just stop others from scoring, but there's only so many shots a team takes per game. And when one player is taking a vast bulk of them...

Aside: I don't think Ronaldo and Bruno would gel super well stylistically at a domestic level over a season.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Oh my god is this happening???? PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El B

There is no depth in the position he plays. We currently have Greenwood, Cavani who isn't able to play and Martial who is a waste of space. Ronaldo makes sense emotionally and tactically..... You're either deluded or a poor attempt at winding people up.

It's neither. And if he signs I hope he makes me eat my words. But it's a signing that, for me, has a much bigger potential downside than an upside. Also, this is exactly the kind of signing the club seemed to be moving away from after the Sanchez nonsense. It just doesn't seem like a good fit. Feels like they got emotional and distracted from the profile of players they've been signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.