Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

fuking hell.....that front 4 is fuking mint then you throw in Greenwood and Cavani to the mix. Our attack is going to be the best in the Premier League and maybe even Europe.

rashford ronaldo sancho
bruno
fred mct

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He will pay for himself in shirt sales and other sponsorship deals so it's a no brainer signing him. If numbers about PSG making €140m from Messi shirt sales are to be believed then we could make a killing with Ronaldo both on and off the pitch.
We don't get the money from shirt sales, Adidas does, but you are correct on the earning potential of other sponsorship deals.

lex talionis

This team will be sooooo spot on with Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba and Sancho.... what a line up!!!! This is our year!
Yes. The genius of this move is that don’t need to rely on Ronaldo, but he will more than make up for the miserable failure that Martial has degenerated into.

We won’t need Ronnie to score 30+ goals, but we will need him to show up in big games. More than anything else, we’ve failed to score on the chances we’ve created in big games.

crossy1686

career ending
Who broke Ronaldo to United in here earlier? I was reading around lunch time and someone popped in to say we were in the mix. Give that person a gold star or something

Kaos

I am sort of excited. He will bring some allure back to United.
But he would expect to START every game.
How is that going to work? Whose place will he take? Cavani? Rashford? Greenwood?
He'd go straight into our team as our no.9. Which makes sense considering he'd immediately be our best finisher, header of the ball and all round goal threat.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I can't deny that I'm buzzing, but I'm not that surprised, it's why I didn't jump off the deep end when it looked like he was going to City, I think Mendes and Ronnie smoked us out. He'll instantly be the best striker at the club, but the teams issues will continue due to the midfield dross.
Midfield will still be a problem, but on another hand, even while it was an issue we still made chances. Those chances now have a significantly better probability of being put away.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Ole will have to do some mental gymnastics sorting out shirt numbers.

Siorac

what the feck, I focus on work for a mere few hours and the world goes insane.

crossy1686

career ending
You know Solskajer is on the phone to the Glazers now:

"Why waste Ronaldo's last years at the top? Let's get a DM while we're at it and give him everything he needs"

hungrywing

it’s part of the terms of his contract. he doesn’t like the weather so it’s been agreed that he can work remotely. chris eagles will also be re-signing and will play with a headset link to ronaldo in lisbon, telling him what to do.
:lol:

Edit - Already mentioned.
Cool.

Wait a minute.

Goddamit.

28? He wore it at Sporting. Would be a cool follow-up to Messi's #30 at PSG
Sigh. I actually believed the #77 thing.

lex talionis

It’s hilarious watching the YouTube clowns piss and moan that we can’t sign a CDM but we can sign Ronaldo.

Artimities

This is making more and more sense.
Cavanni's age
Rashfords surgery
Ability to rest players with CR7
Martial form down...

This is a win win!

OverratedOpinion

It is hugely exciting because he is still such a brilliant player and probably will be for at least 2 seasons based on his fitness.

Can someone with better knowledge than me regarding club finances tell me if we can afford it safely? My assumption is that the Glazers would not take the risk if not but with Sancho and Varane it seems like a lot of money.

IhabX7

I absolutely will.. Nets a little spotty right now. using the mobile hotspot.. will upload them as soon as its fixed. Let me know if you have a file hosting site you prefer..
Thank you! Wetransfer would be fine. I can't PM you for some reason.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Imagine solskjaer saying we dont need ronaldo because we have a fantastic group of lads who are eager to try and prove a point without him

JG3001

I suppose it’s an opportunity you can’t pass up, and the money from sales later down the line should cover it, but is this going to stop us buying the CM we so desperately need now.

hobbers

We have £600k a week to pay Ronaldo but cant find £40m to bid for Bissouma or Neves or Saul :lol:

Ranchero

Here is the thing. We have Cavani. He is just two years younger than Ronaldo. And Cristiano is one of the top two greatest players of all time. Cavani is a top top top player. But Ronaldo is a better goalscorer than Cavani right now. I always felt Ronaldo would come back to United and it would be fantastic if the deal is done but I have said all along that our priority must be a top box to box central midfielder who can put a shift in and is creative. Not Rice... but a Camavinga or Bissouma. If Ronaldo is being offered to us, and we can do a deal without compromising the midfield, it is a no-brainer. And I am very very excited about it.

But there is always a but with United these days. Will that hurt the balance of our side. Will he expect to be the free-kick taker etc. Will his ego get in the way. Will Pogba and Ronald butt horns for attention.

God ... let's just BRING IT ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.