Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Well that came out of nowhere. Do United need him? Just signed Sancho, got Rashford and Cavani, Greenwood too. No problem scoring goals.

Still it's Ronaldo. City struggling to get anyone in to score the goals.
I don’t think so. But would he be the difference between leaving Southampton with a point and getting all three? Possibly.

Dan's Up

To be it doesn't matter how good he is on the pitch. The buzz and feel good factor he's bringing is unreal.
I've not stopped singing all afternoon. This season is gonna be amazing

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't believe those wages to be honest. But no matter how true, that figure will now stick

Artimities

Some people just dont get it... Ronaldo on the pitch makes everybody our squad play better. His desire to compete is 2nd to none... he will make us hustle and at times last year... we needed that.
He is a fantastic leader for greenwood, rashford and the other youngsters!!!..
The money he will bring...
win win

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm not even going to bother going back through the thread to find the "We don't need Ronaldo" or "United buying a has-been" posts because those people must be absolute morons but what a day to be alive!! I certainly did not wake up this morning expecting this. :D :D
If you really can't restrain yourself, around p.100 is a good start

Ranchero

I'm not even going to bother going back through the thread to find the "We don't need Ronaldo" or "United buying a has-been" posts because those people must be absolute morons but what a day to be alive!! I certainly did not wake up this morning expecting this. :D :D
I agree. Actually it is not a question of agreement, it is plain fact. If you don't think signing Ronaldo is utterly brilliant, the return of our boy, then you are not a United supporter.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You really aren't playing the game well here mate, I'm disappointed in you. For shame.

Tip 1: No wum throws the age insult around this early :lol:
I am not really sure you understand what wumming means. It's enough insult that you are in love with a football player, age insult wasn't intended.

Flytan

And yet Juventus feel like they're better without him. I have no doubt he'll score lots of goals. But will United score more goals with him than without. I'm not convinced his goals outweigh the deficits anymore.
Plenty of juventus fans don't think that. A lot of them blame the trash around them for their failure last year

Betson

It would have been great for old times sake to have City think he is flying in to meet them, only to have Fergie intercept him at the airport and whisk him off to Old Trafford.

crossy1686

career ending
What the feck happened at Juventus then? One minute he's staying, puts out a statement, Allegri chips in. Next minute he's emptying his locker before he's even got a new club?

TsuWave

can't believe there were loons earlier in this thread saying he is not a United legend.

Ranchero

Some people just dont get it... Ronaldo on the pitch makes everybody our squad play better. His desire to compete is 2nd to none... he will make us hustle and at times last year... we needed that.
He is a fantastic leader for greenwood, rashford and the other youngsters!!!..
The money he will bring...
win win
Absolutely. The man is a winner and everyone else will have to up his game. Pogba might even stay! Man i've not been this excited about transfer talk in a long time. Let us just all just pray. I don't believe in God. But if you do, pray.

bakalhau

Think this is a terrible idea. Really isn't the player we need, we have Cavani as the experienced striker and Greenwood as a great player going through with Martial as a decent 3rd choice. Bringing in Ronaldo putting him on wages that are likely to make Sanchez look cheap is going completely F'up and squad harmony we have and raise the expectations of every player we negotiate with.

Plus Ronaldo at this stage of his career is going to be a squad player, he is 36, 37 within this season. He is not going to be able to play every game, I can't imagine him dealing with sitting on the bench very well or being subbed. Plus having your highest earner as a player who can't play every week is always a stupid idea.

This is just an all-around awful idea! Muppets with love it and tell me I'm wrong, but this will only end badly.
He has absolutely no problem being subbed out once in a while and sitting out. There has been zero issues with him and that at Juve.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Do you genuinely feel this is the signing we need when looking at our squad?
With Cavani supposedly going to be problematic with quarantine going on, it's a very good step in that regard. Yes, cm is an issue, but in the current market what viable suggestion do you have to fix it?

Also don't forget there are 4 more days left of the window. Anything can happen

Ranchero

I would have hated Ronaldo if he had gone to City. I would have gone as far as to say it would be a traitorous act. To go to our noisy enemies. It was unthinkable. Come home, Cristiano. Come home!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
And yet Juventus feel like they're better without him. I have no doubt he'll score lots of goals. But will United score more goals with him than without. I'm not convinced his goals outweigh the deficits anymore.
They don't and soon everyone will find out. But let's enjoy the moment. There's two years for moaning ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.