Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Greenwood was already going to be a great player. Training and playing with Ronaldo is going to turn him into a god tier player.

Will be so good for lads like Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Shoretire, Mejbri and even McNeill as well. This will be like the Cantona effect on steroids.
Exactly, just look at Bojan and Mariano.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Wasn’t online all day and logged on expecting to see news I was dreading (him joining City). Mind-blowing seeing the updates and how things totally turned on their head.

Imagine the United dressing-room when the news broke he was re-signing. I bet the boys are absolutely buzzing, especially the young Reds like Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay etc. Ronaldo must be their idol considering their ages and now he’s a teammate. Incredible!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It fecks up our entire wage structure. For a 36-year-old who is declining. A 36-year-old who – yesterday – was willing to join our rivals. A 36-year-old who Juventus is really happy to sell.
Juventus are skint and Ronaldo straight up said he doesn’t want to play for them. They aren’t happy to sell him. They are forced too.

JB7

This :devil: Press up higher with Varane now in defence, ask AWB to sit and tuck in. Bruno drifts and links up with Sancho, Pogba can come central and help Fred when out of possession.

Crazy attacking.
Impossible for any defence to press up high with De Gea in goal. I agree we should be pressing higher but for that reason it has to be Henderson once fit.

CodeRed

A funny idea i had, i wondered if Ronaldo was waiting for the champions league draw and he saw which group United was in and City was in. He thought 'Do you know what, United have the easier matches....I could get another champions league medal with them'. Stranger things have happened :D

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Imagine being a United player right now with the possibility of playing this season next to a LEGEND. Next to a player most these lads grew up watching and admiring, inspiring even...

The changing room is going to be electric.
SNAP!

Just posted the exact same sentiment.

Unbelievable, really. I’m still in shock.

The Purley King

This has been an utterly insane afternoon.............

Sign Bissouma tomorrow and that will be an 11/10 window.

MalcolmTucker

The reported wages are fecked up. We will regret this.
It's two years and it's Ronaldo. If his fee is £20m and his wages are £500k that's a £72m in total - that's less than Fred and Bailly's collective transfer fees, let alone their wages. Ronaldo will also add a commercial boost that neither of those 2 can.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Greenwood was already going to be a great player. Training and playing with Ronaldo is going to turn him into a god tier player.

Will be so good for lads like Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Shoretire, Mejbri and even McNeill as well. This will be like the Cantona effect on steroids.
Exactly. Which I’ve argued for the last 3-4 years :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be weird him making his debut 18 years after he first made his debut. Crazy gap.

Then again big Phil Jagielka had a 19 year gap at Sheff Utd.

Crashoutcassius

Ok I'm stupid but really why does this deal looks 'expensive' to some? Let's say we pay all the addons = €23m
Then you count in his wages, let's asume €466k per week (400k GBP).
For two years you get a guaranteed top scorer for a total of €23m + (104 weeks* €466k) = around €71m.

Then you compare that total fee (for two years) to DVB(€40m) and Fred (€50m) which were their signing fees only not including their wages!
So how is this deal bad exactly?

Also does it really prevent us from signing Haaland? if we sell other forwards, we'd still have to bring in someone somehow. Cavani only has 1 year left. On top of that if Haaland decides to join other club next season, we'll be left with Martial and Greenwood up front. Not good at all. In that case we'll most likely have to bring in another senior striker whose quality can't be better than Ronaldo. So why not do it now?
I'm going into this assuming that is net salary. Seems unlikely he is taking a 50pc pay cut to not be the top earner at the club

Nogbadthebad

The reported wages are fecked up. We will regret this.
Christ alive, these journalists you are now beleiveing were all certain that he was signing for city.

Yesdterday, sky had TWO people on who said it was already a done deal.

Today, same people are shouting about city rejecting him.

None of them know a single thing. Nothing.

redmanx

The best thing is that now that we have Ronaldo, we can use Martial properly. He can clean Ronaldo's boots.
As long as hes given them in plenty of time for them to be ready for the next match, say 5 days?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It fecks up our entire wage structure. For a 36-year-old who is declining. A 36-year-old who – yesterday – was willing to join our rivals. A 36-year-old who Juventus is really happy to sell.
Explain to me why do you think this deal is expensive? with numbers preferably. If anything players like Donny and Martial (his overall ManUtd career + the salaries he has gotten over the years) seem more expensive in relation to what they bring in.

Prodigy24

The last few hours have been absolutely insane. Left work knowing that Ronaldo would sign for City any minute. By the time I arrived home we were in pole position with City out of the race. Absolutely insane stuff, can't wait for the announcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.