Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
It is not the super competitive league it was in the 90s but scoring in Italy is always difficult. Most teams when playing Juventus park the bus, and they know how to do it properly. Take a look at the last 30 minutes of Valencia vs Juve. When Juventus decided to just defend the spaniards had no idea how to break through, because they are not used to it.

Now that Ronaldo is here, this is even more accentuated, teams take pride in not being scored by him. Hopefully as the season goes on, the novelty effect will fade and we will be able to see some decent football.
Valencia has also failed to score vs Espanyol, Betis and Villarreal after five games in the league. I don't doubt Juventus can defend very well, but Valencia are not the best example to prove it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hope you aren’t sat high up, some videos going round on Twitter today make it look like a death trap :lol:

Edit: here you go

I refuse to believe that people pay to watch the game from those seats, I wouldn't even do it for a hefty sum of money.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Paul_Pogba

Just noticed he's wearing short sleeves now. Just doesn't look right to me after seeing him in long sleeves for so long.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

el3mel

Probably the reason Ronaldo didn't attend today as UEFA best player day. :D

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He got along great with Modric and I’m sure he congratulated him for it. Modric and Ronaldo will have no problems, the media will make up the story and the fans who already dislike Ronaldo will believe every negative thing they read so they feel vindicated.

It was Juve’s decision, not his. They have a game on Wednesday and then Napoli on Saturday. He didn’t come to the friendlies for the national team and he was going to leave Turin now?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He got along great with Modric and I’m sure he congratulated him for it. Modric and Ronaldo will have no problems, the media will make up the story and the fans who already dislike Ronaldo will believe every negative thing they read so they feel vindicated.

It was Juve’s decision, not his. They have a game on Wednesday and then Napoli on Saturday. He didn’t come to the friendlies for the national team and he was going to leave Turin now?
Yeah a game against fecking Bologna. So if Ronaldo was the favorite to win it would Juve permit him to go to the awards? :lol:

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
So, we are talking about a guy who frequently gets pissed off when someone other than him scores a goal for his team, and you honestly believe that Juventus are the reason why he did not attend.

Right.

However, there are thousands of stories circulating on Facebook on how he donated 3 billion USD to help sick kids, so he is obviously GOAT not only as a footballer but also as a person and I am probably just bitter because he is rich and fit.

cyberman

So, we are talking about a guy who frequently gets pissed off when someone other than him scores a goal for his team, and you honestly believe that Juventus are the reason why he did not attend.

Right.

However, there are thousands of stories circulating on Facebook on how he donated 3 billion USD to help sick kids, so he is obviously GOAT not only as a footballer but also as a person and I am probably just bitter because he is rich and fit.
Wait, so you're judging him on how he wins an award rather than giving millions to charity?

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC

Right.

He is obviously high class. Stop cryin' all the time..

el3mel

He definitely didn't attend it because he knew he wasn't going to win so no need for effort. He did the same in UEFA best player award. Probably Messi followed him in the same principal too.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Wait, so you're judging him on how he wins an award rather than giving millions to charity?
Donating to charity has been recognized as a powerful marketing tool for decades.

The amounts he donates are negligible compared to how much he earns but enhance his reputation and give ammo to those seeing him as the second coming of Christ, who at the same time ignore (to get back on point) that he has probably the most egotistical personality in sports history. There is absolutely no chance he would have skipped the ceremony had he won the award.

Can find dozens of videos like this. How someone can like his personality is beyond me.

PuyolC

Supports
Barcelona

And do you honestly believe this shit?

Anyway in the interview before the gala Modric said that Ronaldo didn't send him a message this time and that he gets very serious about these awards.

cyberman

Donating to charity has been recognized as a powerful marketing tool for decades.

The amounts he donates are negligible compared to how much he earns but enhance his reputation and give ammo to those seeing him as the second coming of Christ, who at the same time ignore (to get back on point) that he has probably the most egotistical personality in sports history. There is absolutely no chance he would have skipped the ceremony had he won the award.

Can find dozens of videos like this. How someone can like his personality is beyond me.
Yeah but nobody is giving away their life savings to charity?
When is the last time you gave the same percentage of your wage to charity that Ronaldo does?
Does he even do press for it? Its a ridiculous and petty stance to take quite frankly, how he celebrates goal should be a minor annoyance ffs.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal

And what does his personality has to do with anything? Are you judging personalities instead of what a player he is? is this some kind of reality show? And again, do you know him personally so you can judge? wake up and talk about what matters.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Yeah a game against fecking Bologna. So if Ronaldo was the favorite to win it would Juve permit him to go to the awards? :lol:
Definitely, if he’d won it he’d have probably gone. Him not going has nothing to do with the fact that it was Modric who took it though.

Bologna just beat Roma 2-0.

And do you honestly believe this shit?

Anyway in the interview before the gala Modric said that Ronaldo didn't send him a message this time and that he gets very serious about these awards.
So in the interview before the awards were given, Ronaldo hadn’t sent a message to Modric congratulating him for the award he hadn’t received yet? Shocking...

Jesus Christ.

SirAF

Ageist
Definitely, if he’d won it he’d have probably gone. Him not going has nothing to do with the fact that it was Modric who took it though.

So in the interview before the awards were given, Ronaldo hadn’t sent a message to Modric congratulating him for the award he hadn’t received yet? Shocking...

Jesus Christ.
:lol:

PuyolC

Supports
Barcelona

Jesus Christ.
Considering that both Modric and Ronaldo knew even before the winner was announced who was gonna win it's interesting that he didn't send him a message.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Jesus Christ.
Roma are shit mate :)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but nobody is giving away their life savings to charity?
When is the last time you gave the same percentage of your wage to charity that Ronaldo does?
Does he even do press for it? Its a ridiculous and petty stance to take quite frankly, how he celebrates goal should be a minor annoyance ffs.
And if anything, he seems to be enjoying his teammates scoring at Juve more than he did at Real... Perhaps Real was a bit more egocentric in that regard. Either way, now he's found his feet for Juve in the league, and they're already treating him as one of their own, I reckon he'll love his time there.

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
Just noticed he's wearing short sleeves now. Just doesn't look right to me after seeing him in long sleeves for so long.
When Winter comes, long sleeves will be back
That's unlikely because we don't have a long sleeves jersey, for some reason we have never had one since we switched from Nike to Adidas in 2015.
Usually our players just wear a thermal shirt under the jersey.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Shame. Was hoping he'd be treated like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.