Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Officially confirmed by Real Madrid - https://www.realmadrid.com/noticias...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=organico?vauto=1

Feels strange even typing this but I am really excited to see the GOAT playing in the Serie A. Can't wait to head to Turin for some games this year. Let the discussion begin!

“The time has come for a new era.”

“These years in Real Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life,” wrote the Portugal international after nine years at the Bernabeu.

“I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for these fans and for this city. I can only thank all of them for the love and affection I have received.

“However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept a transfer. I feel that way and I ask everyone, and especially our followers, to please understand me.

“They have been absolutely wonderful for nine years. They have been nine unique years. It has been an exciting time for me, full of respect, but also hard because Real Madrid is very demanding, but I will never forget that I have enjoyed football here in a unique way.

“I have had fabulous teammates on the field and in the dressing room, I have felt the warmth of an incredible crowd and together we have won three Champions Leagues in a row and four Champions in five years. And with them also, on an individual level, I have the satisfaction of having won four Ballon d’Or and three Gold Boots. All during my time in this immense and extraordinary club.

“Real Madrid has conquered my heart, and that of my family, and that is why more than ever I want to say thank you: thanks to the club, the President, the directors, my colleagues, all the technicians, doctors, physios and incredible workers that make everything work and that are looking after every detail tirelessly.

“Thank you infinitely once more to our fans and thanks also to Spanish Football. During these nine exciting years I have had great players in front of me. My respect and my recognition is for all of them.

“I have reflected a lot and I know that the time has come for a new era. I'm leaving, but this shirt, this shield and the Santiago Bernabeu will continue to always feel mine wherever I am.

“Thanks to all and, of course, as I said that first time in our stadium nine years ago: Hala Madrid!”
CR7 stats -

-915 games : 658 goals & 208 assists

-scored over 50 goals in 6 consecutive seasons between 2010-11 and 2015-16

-in 2014-15 he scored 61 goals in 54 games

-118 goals in 292 games for Manchester United

-he failed to score in his first 29 Champions League games, then went on to score 120 goals in 121 games

-nobody has scored more La Liga hat-tricks than Ronaldo’s 34, and only Lionel Messi can match his record of eight in a season

-he is level with former Juventino Michel Platini for goals scored at the European Championships on 9 goals

-holds the Portugal record for both caps [152] and goals [85]

-leaves Real Madrid as the club’s all-time top goalscorer [438], all time league goalscorer [301] and all-time European scorer [102]

Last edited:

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Feck awffffffff. Can’t believe it to be honest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Great deal for everyone.
Real sign best player in the world at 23, scored 450 goals and sell him at 33 for a profit. Incredible transfer.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
The last line in Real Madrid's statement is sad. "Real Madrid will always be your home." Obviously it's true. Best of luck to him, I can see him providing Juve with 5 solid years of 30+ minimum goals, most likely over 40+ for at least the first three.

GOAT.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Holy crap! This actually happened. I thought it was a joke when the rumour first came up (from Tuttosport of all papers). I welcome all his bandwagoners to our club (except Cal)! :D

Red Stone

His Real Madrid career is going to be talked about for decades. Absolutely insane.

You know he's going to rip the piss out of Serie A too.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Great deal for everyone.
Real sign best player in the world at 23, scored 450 goals and sell him at 33 for a profit. Incredible transfer.
It's not like he was playing for free while he was there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is the shocking transfer I think I've ever seen. Beats the Neymar to PSG for me, absolutely absurd.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Read the OP and assumed it was another player moving to Serie A instead :Wenger:

Anyway, should be an interesting move. I look forward to it.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He finally left Real Madrid. Happy days.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
The irony if our streak of seven consecutive league titles and four consecutive doubles ends with him...

luke511

Great deal for everyone.
Makes us look so bad for selling him at that price

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Juve will probably get 2 good seasons out of him, most likely reach another CL final and possibly win it. I actually see this as part of Juve's attempts to boost their marketability like when they changed their emblem, no doubt people all over the world will take an interest in Juventus and buy Juventus merchandise, especially with Ronaldo attached. He's managed to balance his individualism along with being a team player and I think he'll become more of a team player as he ages and his speed decreases. Juventus don't often get it wrong with transfers so I'm sure they have a plan in place for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Happy for him tbh. It's a great deal for all parties and a move that really makes sense for both him and Juventus. Not a club in the world that would have been a better place for him to go to for his legacy at this stage in his career then Juventus really. Slower league, can prolong his career but will still dominate with the guarantee of big trophies and competing for the CL as well. Coming to United/staying at Madrid past this point doesn't really do anything for his legacy.
Hope he kills it.

Morpheus 7

Boo.....United should have went in for him. Will rip up Serie A, smart by Juve and player. I can see it working well there, god forbidding a bad injury.
I'd say there is going to be some serious movement in this transfer window now, who are Juve selling. Who are Real buying?

Nedved

Holy crap! This actually happened. I thought it was a joke when the rumour first came up (from Tuttosport of all papers). I welcome all his bandwagoners to our club (except Cal)! :D
I can’t believe it either! But yes, everyone needs to remember we were Juve fans even when we had Matri and Quagliarella leading the line, or better, Bojinov and Palladino. :D

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Could that be the real reason why Zidane left then?

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Interesting that he chose Juventus. Thought he might have come back to England with all the money splashing around.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If he dominates Serie A and wins CL with them then he has to be top 2 I am sad to see him go but its exciting to see him potentially dominate a third league. Next season I hope to see Real Madrid vs Juve with Ronaldo scoring in Spain.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Makes us look so bad for selling him at that price
Transfer prices are from different worlds. He's gone for £105m, imagine how much Kane would cost now and he's probably the Ronaldo equivalent from the Premier League.

Prodigy24

I thought it was just bs when I read the rumours last week and expected him to get a better contract at Real like always, so I'm quite surprised how. Just an incredible transfer of an incredible player. Shame it's Juventus and not United. Will make the Serie A interesting now.

Canagel

This is a big statement from Juventus. I didn't think this move would happen at the beginning but clearly Ronaldo doesn't see eye to eye with Perez and I have to applaud him for making this move and testing himself in another league. Juventus are a top team and this is a very good move for him. They win Serie A every year and perhaps this time they can win the CL too. Still it'll be weird to see him in a different shirt because we've all become so accustomed to seeing him in white. Almost 10 years. It's been a very long time.

Last edited:

saivet

Looking forward to see how this goes. Will watch a bit more of Juve now.

Status
Not open for further replies.