Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP

Ronaldo won't be appreciated until he retires and he is gone from the footballing fields.

The way people talk about him really puts him at a level where you would assume that his type of career was easy to follow.

The moment he retires & when all you have is goal scoring records, trophies, national team achievements, individual records and a CV that encapsulates playing in the toughest league - people will appreciate Ronaldo for what he is.

For me the lad is not simply what a footballer should be - that can go to Messi - but Ronaldo for me is what a human should be. Simple. If aliens one day came to this earth to understand what a Human has the potential to be - I'd show them Cristiano Ronaldo.

Every human in the world should aim to be Ronaldo - that ego, that personality, that effort, that perfection, that competition, that ability to always take the hard routes of life and to come out with achievements.

My son's and my daughters — no matter what you want to be, be the C. Ronaldo of your role and careerl. Aim for the stats and the stars with your ego and look down at everyone else on the earth beneath you.

An absolute legend of a man, not just a footballer.
:lol: Don't you Ronaldo runts have any shame?

The man's an utter narcissist, cheats on the pitch and evades taxes. I hope for your sake this is a WUM.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
:lol: Don't you Ronaldo runts have any shame?

The man's an utter narcissist, cheats on the pitch and evades taxes. I hope for your sake this is a WUM.
Cheats? Also didn't Messi do the same thing (evading taxes):rolleyes: Or any other pro A LOT of them do it (not saying its right).

I think what the poster you quoted was saying is that he is a true professional and probably the hardest working footballer in the world and there really is not much debate to that so what exactly are you arguing? Or can you just not respect someone because they are the "rival" to your favorite player?

VP

Cheats? Also didn't Messi do the same thing (evading taxes):rolleyes: Or any other pro A LOT of them do it (not saying its right).

I think what the poster you quoted was saying is that he is a true professional and probably the hardest working footballer in the world and there really is not much debate to that so what exactly are you arguing? Or can you just not respect someone because they are the "rival" to your favorite player?
Yea but I'm not saying Messi is the greatest human alive. If anyone did, I'd reply exactly the same thing. And I only have a favourite team not players.

All I'm suggesting that Ronaldo, who's second favorite activity is taking his top off, may not be the greatest human to have lived.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yea but I'm not saying Messi is the greatest human alive. If anyone did, I'd reply exactly the same thing. And I only have a favourite team not players.

All I'm suggesting that Ronaldo, who's second favorite activity is taking his top off, may not be the greatest human to have lived.
Oh I agree. I am saying he is a model professional and rightfully so. I don't know who he is outside of football.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
@RedRonaldo
C Ronaldo doesn't need to retire early - he can go to sporting Lisbon on his last breath and capture a last few goals for the club he started doing the same thing.
I think as long as he sees a record in sight he will continue. If that record is Bicans record he will want it because then he will hold records that wont be broken for 70+ years if not more. His goal scoring record for Portugal will never be touched, his International goals record will take a LONG time to be touched (assuming he breaks daeli record) If he ends up staying top scorer in CL history that as well will probably not be broken for 50+ years and his Madrid all times goal record will take YEARS to be touched, So assuming IF he wore to break Bicans record or if he was 38 and only needed 15 more goals I dont see him retiring until he wore to break the record (if his body allows) because with his ego as you said to be able to etch his name in football (which he already has) and have the all time officials goal record we are talking about something that wont be broken for centuries and he would no doubt want that.

This is of course if he can bang in 30 goals this season and the next then he will most likely break it and hold every major goal scoring record in history.
I have recently read an article with Ronaldo saying he wants to become businessman after he is retired from football. With his ego and determination, once he has his mind on something, he won’t let this drag too long.

Personally I think he will try to break those remaining record (Bican 805 career goals and Ali Daeli 109 international goals) within next 3 years when his Juventus contract is up. 30 goals per season for Juventus and 5 goals per year for Portugal will be enough. Then 2022 summer will be his last WC and he will announce his retirement.

With the money he has earned in football (current net worth around 450m), he can start any business he wants for next stage of his career outside football.

Last edited:

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
I think as long as he sees a record in sight he will continue. If that record is Bicans record he will want it because then he will hold records that wont be broken for 70+ years if not more. His goal scoring record for Portugal will never be touched, his International goals record will take a LONG time to be touched (assuming he breaks daeli record) If he ends up staying top scorer in CL history that as well will probably not be broken for 50+ years and his Madrid all times goal record will take YEARS to be touched, So assuming IF he wore to break Bicans record or if he was 38 and only needed 15 more goals I dont see him retiring until he wore to break the record (if his body allows) because with his ego as you said to be able to etch his name in football (which he already has) and have the all time officials goal record we are talking about something that wont be broken for centuries and he would no doubt want that.

This is of course if he can bang in 30 goals this season and the next then he will most likely break it and hold every major goal scoring record in history.
I'm pretty sure Messi will finish with more goals than Ronaldo. The difference between them is small even now and with the age difference, I doubt Ronaldo will hold the record for long.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I'm pretty sure Messi will finish with more goals than Ronaldo. The difference between them is small even now and with the age difference, I doubt Ronaldo will hold the record for long.

Yes and most likely overtake his total goals in CL (but not knockout round)

Needham

Ronaldo won't be appreciated until he retires and he is gone from the footballing fields.

The way people talk about him really puts him at a level where you would assume that his type of career was easy to follow.

The moment he retires & when all you have is goal scoring records, trophies, national team achievements, individual records and a CV that encapsulates playing in the toughest league - people will appreciate Ronaldo for what he is.

For me the lad is not simply what a footballer should be - that can go to Messi - but Ronaldo for me is what a human should be. Simple. If aliens one day came to this earth to understand what a Human has the potential to be - I'd show them Cristiano Ronaldo.

Every human in the world should aim to be Ronaldo - that ego, that personality, that effort, that perfection, that competition, that ability to always take the hard routes of life and to come out with achievements.

My son's and my daughters — no matter what you want to be, be the C. Ronaldo of your role and careerl. Aim for the stats and the stars with your ego and look down at everyone else on the earth beneath you.

An absolute legend of a man, not just a footballer.
Agree to an extent but with respect to his ego, tweeting a pic of himself reading at home in protest at his exclusion from the winners podium in an award ceremony isnt even remotely twattish? What would the aliens make of that?

SportingCP96

Supports
Its possible but I think Messi will decline at a faster rate than Ronaldo.

This is all assumptions obviously.

SportingCP96

Supports
I have recently read an article with Ronaldo saying he wants to become businessman after he is retired from football. With his ego and determination, once he has his mind on something, he won’t let this drag too long.

Personally I think he will try to break those remaining record (Bican 805 career goals and Ali Daeli 109 international goals) within next 3 years when his Juventus contract is up. 30 goals per season for Juventus and 5 goals per year for Portugal will be enough. Then 2022 summer will be his last WC and he will announce his retirement.

With the money he has earned in football (current net worth around 450m), he can start any business he wants for next stage of his career outside football.
Everywhere I look it says Bican has 762 official goals, not 805. Portuguese newspaper record has it done as 762 as well as other sites I checked on.

Also I agree once he breaks these last two records which is very possible I think he will retire.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Everywhere I look it says Bican has 762 official goals, not 805. Portuguese newspaper record has it done as 762 as well as other sites I checked on.

Also I agree once he breaks these last two records which is very possible I think he will retire.
The 805 number counts youth team goals, same for Pele's 767 I think.

Which is why on this list (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals) Ronaldo appears with 718 since they count some goals he scored for Portugal's youth teams.

762 is the record for most official senior goals by Bican. It will be gone in under 2 years.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Which is why on this list (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals) Ronaldo appears with 718 since they count some goals he scored for Portugal's youth teams.

762 is the record for most official senior goals by Bican. It will be gone in under 2 years.
Oh, thanks for the clarifications. Yes I was looking from this wikipedia which says 805 goals, which is also quote from RSSSF. I think most other source from internet are quoted from RSSSF too. No idea it also counts youth team too.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Oh, thanks for the clarifications. Yes I was looking from this wikipedia which says 805 goals, which is also quote from RSSSF. I think most other source from internet are quoted from RSSSF too. No idea it also counts youth team too.
In that case the RSSSF doesn’t count. Youth goals are bullshit.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We need to get to the bottom of this.
Well from everywhere I look, there's only a very few source which everyone are quoting from.

The first one is Guinness record of unofficial goals scored, where no one comes close beating Pele 1279 goals, including all the meaningless friendly bullshite against semi-pro.

There's another highly disputed record, some bloke named Artur Friedenreich has claimed himself scored 1329 goals, including every type of matches or friendly or against his neighbours pobably. Since there is no document to proof it, no one take this record seriously.

The most reliable one so far is the one from RSSSF, the so called "official: record. But as Peyroteo has already pointed out, it includes all the international youth games, which isn't exactly what we are looking for. Bican top the list with 805 goals. (by the way, Bican is estimated to have scored at least 1400+ goals over his career, including friendlies, but its only by estimation, there's no document to proof it whatsoever)

Since RSSSF is the only official record everyone looking at (excluding all the friendlies bullshite), Ronaldo could try to at least beat that one. He is on 718 goals already, only need 88 more goals to beat that one.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wonder what's the purpose in all of this. Pele's friendlies were often against European top teams who tried to hack him into pieces. Why should that count less than games against San Marino or Estonia? Times have changed so much that it's simply not possible to compare stats across eras. Not only regarding Pele but also Bican, Puskas, etc. I mean, you can't even compare the current time and the 90s. You'll never get a clear answer because football pitches are no laboratory conditions.

I think in terms of goal scoring, you can't do much better than Cristiano. Maybe the only stain on his vita in this area is that he wasn't a particularly great scorer until his early to mid twenties while many other top goal scorers started much earlier. Still, in absolute numbers he's the leading goal scorer of this generation and given that he might as well keep scoring like crazy for 2-3 years, even Messi will have a hard time surpassing that. However, comparing his record with Bican, Pele or other players who were active more than three decades before Cristiano is kind of pointless, IMO.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Wonder what's the purpose in all of this. Pele's friendlies were often against European top teams who tried to hack him into pieces. Why should that count less than games against San Marino or Estonia? Times have changed so much that it's simply not possible to compare stats across eras. Not only regarding Pele but also Bican, Puskas, etc. I mean, you can't even compare the current time and the 90s. You'll never get a clear answer because football pitches are no laboratory conditions.

I think in terms of goal scoring, you can't do much better than Cristiano. Maybe the only stain on his vita in this area is that he wasn't a particularly great scorer until his early to mid twenties while many other top goal scorers started much earlier. Still, in absolute numbers he's the leading goal scorer of this generation and given that he might as well keep scoring like crazy for 2-3 years, even Messi will have a hard time surpassing that. However, comparing his record with Bican, Pele or other players who were active more than three decades before Cristiano is kind of pointless, IMO.
It objectively doesn’t really matter and it’s obviously not a good measure for comparisons but it would still be pretty cool to say you’ve scored more than anyone’s ever scored.

SportingCP96

Supports

OH ok thank you for clarification! Ya so there is a real possibility Ronaldo breaks this record no doubt.

SportingCP96

Supports

I think it's more so because it would be a pretty cool and amazing achievement to retire with the record of most official goals all time. As I said a few posts ago there is a good chance Ronaldo retires with having arguably all of the greatest goal scoring records with his name on it.

SportingCP96

Supports
We need to get to the bottom of this.
The record is 762 because youth and friendlies don't count for anything. Ronaldo has 700 but by the end of the season will probably have 720. I think this is another record Ronaldo will break ;):wenger:

Ed9

I think it depends how long will he play until retired.

The all time official record is held by Josef Biscan in 1930s-40s. 805 goals in 530 match, absolutely insane stats. But no idea how the quality of football is like during that period, and how’s the Austrian league like. Ronaldo need to score 107 goals more. He may score another 75-90 goals for Juventus in next 3 seasons (let’s say he average score 25-30 goals per season), then it depends whether he want to retire when he is still at the top at 37, or rather will play in US to squeeze more money and promote his brand for few more years. If he play in US he will most likely break the record.

The international all time record is tricky. He need to score 16 more goals to match Ali Daei record, who has been scoring for fun against Asia Minor/semi-professional/part timers. I think he can do it in next 3 years. But it depends how many games he wants to rest during international break. He is going to be 35 soon, can’t expect him to play 50-60 games every year without any rest. Bear in mind he has been playing for over 1000 games at top level already in his career, most player are already totally done without reaching that many.
Bican scored most of his goals in Czech league for Slavia Prague which at that time was a big european club. I'd compare it to scoring it for Celtic or Ajax these days.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How many goals will he score this season? Sure with Juventus defensive approach and his ageing body (he will be 35 soon), he is not going to score as many (at least won't be 40+ goals a season for Juventus, but maybe still possible if include goals for Portugal)

So far this season:

Serie A: 4 goals in 7 games
CL: 1 goals in 2 games
Euro qualifier (Portugal): 7 goals in 4 games

Total (clubs and country): 12 goals in 13 games

Not a bad start at all, he still has it this season. Let's say he still has around 40 games to play, he may get another 20 goals in the league, 5 or 6 goals in CL (depends on how Juventus progress), and a few more for Portugal. So there's chance he could get to 730 career goals by end of season?

SportingCP96

Supports
How many goals will he score this season? Sure with Juventus defensive approach and his ageing body (he will be 35 soon), he is not going to score as many (at least won't be 40+ goals a season for Juventus, but maybe still possible if include goals for Portugal)

So far this season:

Serie A: 4 goals in 7 games
CL: 1 goals in 2 games
Euro qualifier (Portugal): 7 goals in 4 games

Total (clubs and country): 12 goals in 13 games

Not a bad start at all, he still has it this season. Let's say he still has around 40 games to play, he may get another 20 goals in the league, 5 or 6 goals in CL (depends on how Juventus progress), and a few more for Portugal. So there's chance he could get to 730 career goals by end of season?
Thats the number I predicted too. I think he gets to 730 by this season. He has had a great start to the season and if not for some heroic keeping he could have maybe been on 17 goals.

SirAF

Ageist
Thats the number I predicted too. I think he gets to 730 by this season. He has had a great start to the season and if not for some heroic keeping he could have maybe been on 17 goals.
I’d agree about that. We’ll have to see around Christmas and in the winter if he’s being rested more though.

He’s still a fecking machine but Sarri would probably be wise to save him a bit for the CL knockout stages when it’s moving closer.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
If Inter make it a close title race he’ll play a lot more often and end up with more impressive numbers. If Juve run away with it like last year then he’ll get to March and only play half the games.

Would be nice if he got some rest before the Euros though

piesel

I don't see any defensive approach in this year Juventus.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't see any defensive approach in this year Juventus.
I don't know, I have watched all of their games, they are not playing attacking football most of the time, with the exception of very few matches. If compare to most other premierleague teams, they are actually quite slow and boring to watch. Most of their wins are only winning by 1 goals ahead of their opponents this season.

MrEleson

I don't know, I have watched all of their games, they are not playing attacking football most of the time, with the exception of very few matches. If compare to most other premierleague teams, they are actually quite slow and boring to watch. Most of their wins are only winning by 1 goals ahead of their opponents this season.
Agree. Juve don't play particularly great football at all.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Re: his legacy. One of his problems is having played for three clubs people generally don't like. Look at how much more affectionate people tend to be about his international career.

People will rightly look on him as a super god when he finally ends his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.