Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Would have been eliminated either way if it wasn't for the rule change
This argument has been made before by someone else and it's still worthless. The rules were well established and known to all on beforehand :lol: Now you are just being an ass for the sake of it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Would have been eliminated either way if it wasn't for the rule change
So now the new rules don’t count either? Talk to UEFA about that not me.

Also you ignored every other thing I mentioned above ;)

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol:

If anything all this nonsense just proves that Ronaldo, at almost 35, is still fecking box office. Love him or hate him - the sheer amount of clicks he generate is insane.
As I said before insecurities.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
In the Xavi and Iniesta period 5 or 6 nil was a regular result.
And it wasn’t for Real Madrid when they had an even bigger goal differential at times?

But I suppose Messi getting Hatricks over Real Madrid should be downplayed as well?

SportingCP96

Supports
Quick, someone tell UEFA/FIFA that a team made three subs the other day.
I don’t know man, goals don’t count now rules don’t count , I must of missed all of this.

Deery

Dreary
And it wasn’t for Real Madrid when they had an even bigger goal differential at times?

But I suppose Messi getting Hatricks over Real Madrid should be downplayed as well?
What is downplayed is the fact Messi plays with the best player’s in the world, setting him up for over a decade

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
when are Barca up 7-0? This isn’t the EPL with 8-0, 9-0 score lines

And yes, Celta Viga are better than a lot of teams on that list.

99 is still a great tally obviously
Is this irony?
Most seasons the top 2 in Spain waltz in cricket scores!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone moaning about Ronaldo's goals, needs to look at the quality of opponents Ali Daei scored his 109 against!

SportingCP96

Supports
Anyone moaning about Ronaldo's goals, needs to look at the quality of opponents Ali Daei scored his 109 against!
No international goals don’t count. We shouldn’t even air international goals on TV nor should the fans attend the games at the stadium.

They are just training sessions.

SportingCP96

Supports
It's fun, but I've posted it so many times I do get a bit bored from it at times ;)
You should just start posting the “calma” gif of Ronaldo instead.

I feel like that would be more funny :D

SirAF

Ageist
You should just start posting the “calma” gif of Ronaldo instead.

I feel like that would be more funny :D
Certainly more appropriate considering how riled up some people get. Alas, it's not allowed to post gifs in the football forums :D

trims

Supports
Arsenal
I like and admire Ronaldo but the false narrative pushed here that Ronaldo delivers for his country while Messi doesn’t is insane.

Fact is Messi was player of the tournament in WC 2014 and Copa America 2015 and was great overall in 2016. Ronaldo has never produced anything close to that at a major international tournament.

SportingCP96

Supports
Certainly more appropriate considering how riled up some people get. Alas, it's not allowed to post gifs in the football forums :D
So do the picture instead! Beat the system!

SirAF

Ageist
I like and admire Ronaldo but the false narrative pushed here that Ronaldo delivers for his country while Messi doesn’t is insane.

Fact is Messi was player of the tournament in WC 2014 and Copa America 2015 and was great overall in 2016. Ronaldo has never produced anything close to that at a major international tournament.
Wrong thread. There is a dedicated "Messi v Ronaldo" thread. I posted a linked just a few posts up.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The fecking barca fans will belittle anything associated with Ronaldo. Thought Messi vs Ronaldo thread was enough.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
What is downplayed is the fact Messi plays with the best player’s in the world, setting him up for over a decade
And ronaldo has been playing with bums his whole life? United were stacked, Madrid were stacked, and Juventus are stacked

even Portugal in recent years without fare very well when he doesn’t play

In recent seasons messi’s teammates have been way below par outside of Suarez in la liga and yet Messi still is by far and away the biggest reason for the trophies he does win. Even after iniesta and xavi left Messi is still having career level years. So that’s a weak argument. Especially considering all his rivals have been on incredible teams in their own right.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

If Messi was the best player of the tournament in 2014 then so was I.

Ronaldo was easily better in 2012 and if we win the penalties instead of Spain then he wins player of the tournament instead of Iniesta. We would have beaten that italian team in the final too.

He'd have more chances of being the best player in continental tournaments if there were Euros every year like the Copa America too.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
And ronaldo has been playing with bums his whole life? United were stacked, Madrid were stacked, and Juventus are stacked

even Portugal in recent years without fare very well when he doesn’t play

In recent seasons messi’s teammates have been way below par outside of Suarez in la liga and yet Messi still is by far and away the biggest reason for the trophies he does win. Even after iniesta and xavi left Messi is still having career level years. So that’s a weak argument. Especially considering all his rivals have been on incredible teams in their own right.
Ronaldo's played in great teams, nobody denied that. Messi simply played in better ones for almost every year of their careers, especially when they were both in their primes.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Is this irony?
Most seasons the top 2 in Spain waltz in cricket scores!
not in recent years no way, city and pool have been battering epl teams far more than Madrid/Barca in la liga.

not since 2016 have the 4-0, 5-0 been the norm for the best la liga teams against the rest. More so during the guardiola days and then Enrique

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I’m going to leave now, I know this thread is getting side tracked.
Congrats on the 99 and see you boys in the other thread!

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Oh great, I go to the real thread for this MvR discussion, taking like 1 hour to make an effort of a post, then when I did it I noticed you have been discussing this for 2 pages... and in the wrong place! Y for Shame.

:P

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Both are amazing players but I think at the end of the day their international career won't be that impressive. The World Cup is the biggest stage and they have both generally been disappointing.

Ronaldo started off excellently but then was terrible in the last 2 games. Missed a penalty vs. Iran and almost got sent off. Then he was invisible vs.. Uruguay and even loat his cool to get a yellow and be suspended for the quarter final if they have managed to get an equalizer.

Messi was non-existent vs. Croatia and also missed a penalty in the group stage. His tournament was opposite of Ronaldo as he started awful but stepped it up against Nigeria and assists 2 goals against France.

The Brazilian Ronaldo was a beast in the World Cup knockout compared to Messi and Ronaldo. Sure he did have a better team but he elevated that team as well. Luis Suarsz hasn't been part of a better team than Cristiano or Messi but has done more in the World Cups. Uruguay are known for their defense not creativity so Suarez often is their only threat. Cavani typically choked for Uruguay and only stepped it up recently. Luos Suarez also managed to do what Ronaldo and Messi haven't which is score in an international final - he scored the winning goal to win Copa America.

SirAF

Ageist
Oh great, I go to the real thread for this MvR discussion, taking like 1 hour to make an effort of a post, then when I did it I noticed you have been discussing this for 2 pages... and in the wrong place! Y for Shame.

:P
Don't worry, I've pointed the crazies in the right direction. Several times.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
not in recent years no way, city and pool have been battering epl teams far more than Madrid/Barca in la liga.

not since 2016 have the 4-0, 5-0 been the norm for the best la liga teams against the rest. More so during the guardiola days and then Enrique
Counted 6 league batterings of 4 or more goals just in 2017-18
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_FC_Barcelona_season

7 x3 goal margins in 2018-19
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_FC_Barcelona_season

6x 3 goal margins already this season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_FC_Barcelona_season

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
7 games out of 38 isn’t the norm. City had 7 games of 3+ goal victories by January of last season alone.
City are one of the all time best Premier league teams.
Barcelona and Real even in "quieter" times are still racking up loads of goals and comfy winning margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.