Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuchamp88

Let's say Cristiano agreed to spend 1 more season with Juve. Let's also say Juve agreed to a mutual termination of his contract this season only to resign him a month later. Why? So he can resign for us for a month and help us win the 1 trophy he's missing.

Would this be legal?
Any thoughts on this?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Messi fans will blame Higuain for not winning an international cup and yet when Ronaldo fans blame the same player its us who are looking for excuses :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Don't think you can register for more than two clubs in such a short period of time.
Three, actually - in theory. However, you can't play (official matches) for more than two clubs within the same season.

Anyway - what the guy above proposes should be legal (I think): he signs for United, wins the EL, then is sold back to Juventus. He can't actually play for Juventus anymore this season - but that's hardly an issue, since the season would be finished anyway.

Suedesi

Not at all similar. His team needed 3 goals to go through and he scored 2/3 and provided a half goal assist to Higuain.

He didn't shy away from the moment and disappear from the match. In these games when his team needs him most he is ALWAYS there. The reason Messi has earned that title is multiple times in his career when his team needs him most he says away and vanishes. Back to back season his team had 3-0 leads and they along with him shat the bed the second leg. You need to provide moments of magic in games like that.

Ronaldos second goal was just that, He put them within striking distance. Last season he did it and scored the 3 and this year he was whiskers away. He held up his end of the bargain.

* If he would of done it back to back which he was so close to doing then It would have been proof aliens exist :lol:

As for Juve

SELL: Higuain, Bernadeshi, matuidi, Danilo, Ramsey (his contract is absurd for a player who has been average his whole career bar a few seasons), Khedira, Betancur.

Use those funds to acquire REAL quality. Maybe bring in Thiago on a free as well.

They have the funds and they have the allure to bring in better players.
Easier said than done.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
At 35 he's still a beast. But he can't do it all himself. Needs better quality around him. Other than Dybala, nobody in that front line is any good. Midfield isn't great either. Juve really wasted their chance. They didn't sign CR7 to win the Scudetto. They should have brought in the right players to build around Ronaldo so they could have a chance at winning in Europe...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They won in round 36, effectively in round 34, practically in round 32. That it took them until round 36 to make it official was a big indicator that things weren't going well

We wouldn't have been contenders even if he didn't leave, just like juventus haven't been contenders with him. Don't mix correlation with causation

Juventus could absolutely win the CL the season after he leaves, if they can build a CL-winning caliber side
That's not what I said, just look at it from a temporal POV and not a causation which what you understood.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's not what I said, just look at it from a temporal POV and not a causation which what you understood.
Right, but my point still stands. Cristiano leaving has no real impact on whether they could win or not. The team isn't necessarily going to be worse.

Although it won't be easy for them to significantly improve within the next 2 years, for sure

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Right, but my point still stands. Cristiano leaving has no real impact on whether they could win or not. The team isn't necessarily going to be worse.

Although it won't be easy for them to significantly improve within the next 2 years, for sure
They don't need to be worse to have little chance to win it. They need significant investment in midfield for starters and their depth isn't that good overall

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They don't need to be worse to have little chance to win it. They need significant investment in midfield for starters and their depth isn't that good overall
Yeah, given the current situation with Covid it's going to be really difficult

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Legal I would say yes but I imagine UEFA would step in to stop it on sportsmanship grounds or something
It's an interesting hypothetical scenario.

A more plausible scenario might be a loan: Juve's season is finished, so they loan CR to United for the remainder of the season (which actually only amounts to a few weeks, but there you go). I don't think there's anything technically fishy about that.

DarkLord

He has not shown it. PSG game is the only one which comes to mind.

He does not have that "thing" when it comes to games likes these.

last year and this year the only reason Juve had a chance to make the comeback is because they had Ronaldo on their team. He has that Jordan like mentality that you cant teach. You either have it or you dont and he most certainly does.
This is just how you feel, you can't apply how you feel as a fact. You said that Neymar cannot produce comeback like this but I've pointed out the game against PSG which for the record is the greatest comeback in football history, Barca is the only team that overcome a 4-0 deficit. And then you said this is the only game that comes to mind.

Ronaldo and Neymar are world-class players that can change the game on their own, that's why they were world record transfers. The fact is Ronaldo failed to help Juve make a comeback, he was bought just to win the CL and this is his second season and he has failed. No if and but, the facts speak for themselves.

mshnsh

Not at all similar. His team needed 3 goals to go through and he scored 2/3 and provided a half goal assist to Higuain.

He didn't shy away from the moment and disappear from the match. In these games when his team needs him most he is ALWAYS there. The reason Messi has earned that title is multiple times in his career when his team needs him most he says away and vanishes. Back to back season his team had 3-0 leads and they along with him shat the bed the second leg. You need to provide moments of magic in games like that.

Ronaldos second goal was just that, He put them within striking distance. Last season he did it and scored the 3 and this year he was whiskers away. He held up his end of the bargain.

* If he would of done it back to back which he was so close to doing then It would have been proof aliens exist :lol:

As for Juve

SELL: Higuain, Bernadeshi, matuidi, Danilo, Ramsey (his contract is absurd for a player who has been average his whole career bar a few seasons), Khedira, Betancur.

Use those funds to acquire REAL quality. Maybe bring in Thiago on a free as well.

They have the funds and they have the allure to bring in better players.
I don't question Ronaldo's mentality but I absolutely question his ability in the sense that I think it is exaggerated to another level. When he does show up, its about his goal; he never runs the show, you never talk about his all round play because it has always been non existent.
And Messi has on many occasions saved his teams arse eg vs athletic Madrid this season.

Regardless of what arguments you put up Messi, Ronaldinho and Brazilian Ronaldo are/were far superior players than Cristiano ever has been.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any thoughts on this?
I might be misunderstanding what you're proposing a bit, but you have to register players for the future stages of even the Europa. So Ronaldo I think would have had to be on our books pre the last 16 stage, which was in March. Potentially even before the last 32, which I think was Feb

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I did actually

He had some good moments in the second half yesterday, but not enough to say he performed very well over the tie given how ineffective he was for the first 135 minutes. Messi's performances against Liverpool were streets better and against much tougher opposition, yet he was still criticized heavily.
Um, no he wasn't? I'd say it was unanimous that Barcelona fecked up in spite of Messi putting in a godlike performance.

Seems you just don't like Ronaldo. There are 10 other Juve players capable of scoring and one guy not scoring a hat trick doesn't make him poor.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Messi fans will blame Higuain for not winning an international cup and yet when Ronaldo fans blame the same player its us who are looking for excuses :lol:
You've got that the wrong way wrong, unless I've been reading an entirely different twitter for the past 2 years. Perhaps Ronaldo fans might now understand that even if your star guy does his job, if other guys don't, the team can still lose big games. :wenger:

It can't be argued that Ronaldo has had an incredible season personally. It also however can't be argued that signing Ronaldo has helped make Juve noticably worse. Everything is set up to get him to score, but with the wages and fees for him, they haven't rejuvenated the rest of their squad correctly, and so a team that went from 4 consecutive Serie A-Coppa Italia doubles and 2 CL finals in 4 years have went to early CL exits, winning only one of four Coppa Italias/SuperCoppa Italias and stumbling over the finish line in a league they've been dominating with ease for a decade.

They went for Ronaldo as a glamour signing to elevate Juve and Serie A up closer to the levels of La Liga and the Prem, but if you look at the overall picture it probably wasn't the best long term move. Next season is a REAL chance for Inter or Lazio to win Serie A if they don't botch their recruitment.

AaronRedDevil

He needs to come to United. And be surrounded by competent players who don't have to rely on him for every little thing.:drool:

cyberman

This is just how you feel, you can't apply how you feel as a fact. You said that Neymar cannot produce comeback like this but I've pointed out the game against PSG which for the record is the greatest comeback in football history, Barca is the only team that overcome a 4-0 deficit. And then you said this is the only game that comes to mind.

Ronaldo and Neymar are world-class players that can change the game on their own, that's why they were world record transfers. The fact is Ronaldo failed to help Juve make a comeback, he was bought just to win the CL and this is his second season and he has failed. No if and but, the facts speak for themselves.
So Neymar is a failire as well?

fck

Supports
Bayern
Ronaldo has scored 17 penalties????
really? :eek:
We need a stat for goals without penalties. I know people will say a goal is a goal but we all know that this is misleading in evaluating the output of a striker.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's been disappointing this season, and going to Juve was probably a mistake in the end for his legacy. Winning Serie A with Juventus is not really an accomplishment, and getting knocked out this early in the CL is what most people will truly judge him on. It's the problem with clubs like Juventus, Bayern, or PSG. If you win all the national competitions (league, cups, etc) it's what you were supposed to do and if you don't, it's going to make more noise than if you did.

The records, the goals (pretty much half of them penalties), etc don't really change any of that because of the context behind it and just the eye test of his performances. He's definitely not a top 5 player anymore, but if you surround him with a better and more creative midfield, I can see him having a top 10 player season next year for maybe the last time in his career so I hope there's a club out there that jumps on that opportunity because I'm not sure Juventus can get to that by one off-season.

Utdstar01

He's going to be a machine until 40. Or probably until he retires. Scary really.

manuchamp88

I might be misunderstanding what you're proposing a bit, but you have to register players for the future stages of even the Europa. So Ronaldo I think would have had to be on our books pre the last 16 stage, which was in March. Potentially even before the last 32, which I think was Feb
Ahh, got ya.

KennyBurner

really? :eek:
We need a stat for goals without penalties. I know people will say a goal is a goal but we all know that this is misleading in evaluating the output of a striker.
Definitely! Its just a way to stat pad and doesnt tell how effective an attacker really is.

SwedishFish

Well now that Sarri has been sacked to appease Ronaldo I'm fairly confident he's staying on. One has to wonder what kind of muscle they have to sign players in the market this year and who they'll go for.
Their squad needs strengthening in many areas.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Any thoughts on this?

I think the player/s that would end up being pushed aside to accommodate this would be well ticked off.

It could cause some serious negative friction within the squad to boot.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Real Madrid stopped being a serious contender since Ronaldo left them. I'll stick by my words, Juventus will not win the CL in the next 5 years and possibly more. Unless they start to massively bribe European refs that is
Real Madrid are going through a transitional phase. They'll soon be contenders without Ronaldo. They even won la Liga pretty soon after his departure something they didn't often didn't do with him too.

Too much hooplah over Juventus. They've been in the final mix of teams for ages now. They aren't like us or Chelsea foundering to make any impact on the tournament. 5 years? Alright, how many have Juve (or us for that matter) won in their history? Doesn't seem a very big call to state that they won't win one in a 5 year span.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I don't question Ronaldo's mentality but I absolutely question his ability in the sense that I think it is exaggerated to another level. When he does show up, its about his goal; he never runs the show, you never talk about his all round play because it has always been non existent.
And Messi has on many occasions saved his teams arse eg vs athletic Madrid this season.

Regardless of what arguments you put up Messi, Ronaldinho and Brazilian Ronaldo are/were far superior players than Cristiano ever has been.
The thing is you confuse Talent with greatness.

Those players can be argued as more talented but neither is a GREATER player. Those are two different things.

Look at the NBA. Lebron is arguably the most talented NBA player of all time but Michael Jordan is undeniably the greatest player.

Same thing with Brady in football. Mentality, intangibles, etc those things all identify greatness.

What he did with Portugal and for Portugal is greatness. 3 peat in the CL is greatness, his record in the biggest stages in the biggest competition in the world that is greatness. His conquering of 3 of the top leagues in the world is greatness.

He has those winning intangibles that you can’t teach. MJ had it, Brady has it, Ronaldo has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.