Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needham

If it was up to Ronaldo, the Portugal national team would be retired when he does.

mancan92

It's actually embarasing comparing him to anyone else except for Messi , Pele or Maradonna.

He's just been at that elite level for way too long. You might not like his style but he is absolutely one of the GOATS

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I dont value Bicans record as highly as some others, but, i thought he ha 805 official ones, but now i hear he "only" have 759 goals?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He is honestly getting better and better, which I didn't think was possible.

It's too bad Juve are hopeless. He deserves better.
I think that is disrespectful to Cristiano. How can you be a Ronaldo bum boy and think he is better now than his peak with Real Madrid. Peak Madrid Ronaldo was a lot better than now.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I think the Brazilians will be happy with the WC’s that Portuguese fans can only dream of.
Did you take what I said as a dig to Brazil? :confused: I always root for them at World Cups too. It was just a reference to their chants about Pele scoring more than everyone else.

And no shit we can only dream of replicating their WC performances, they have more 200 million people than us :lol: the dreams we had have come true already

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Did you take what I said as a dig to Brazil? :confused: I always root for them at World Cups too. It was just a reference to their chants about Pele scoring more than everyone else.

And no shit we can only dream of replicating their WC performances, they have more 200 million people than us :lol:
Haha I know, I just meant I am sure they will still find songs to sing about Pele and his WC’s.

tomaldinho1

It's actually embarasing comparing him to anyone else except for Messi , Pele or Maradonna.

He's just been at that elite level for way too long. You might not like his style but he is absolutely one of the GOATS
I personally don't see how Maradonna is in that group. I feel he is more in the R9 bracket due to non footballing reasons. The "what could have been GOAT group" if you will.

I believe you could argue he was the most naturally gifted player you'd ever seen but I don't see how you can compare him to Messi or Ronaldo unless the WC is massively decisive (and in which case Pele is the clear GOAT).

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Definitely one of the very best players I have had the massive privilege to have seen, if not the absolute best.
I cannot think of any other player who has consistently played at such a high standard and yet always striven to improve and develop.
My favourite player ever.
And he has always been a fantastic signing for all the clubs he has been at.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I personally don't see how Maradonna is in that group. I feel he is more in the R9 bracket due to non footballing reasons. The "what could have been GOAT group" if you will.

I believe you could argue he was the most naturally gifted player you'd ever seen but I don't see how you can compare him to Messi or Ronaldo unless the WC is massively decisive (and in which case Pele is the clear GOAT).
Well, 5 goals and 5 assists(86), and just wonderful pieces of play in general, is surely up there as one of the peak performances in a world cup, ever.
Diego is a true legend of international football, make no mistake.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's going for every goalscoring record possible, he won't retire from international football until he stops playing. They'll just manage which games he plays in.
He'll retire from football before the national team IMO
Maybe it's because I want him to, but its partly because he said he wants to play until he is 40 -
I personally reckon he might sneak in a world cup considering Portugal dont necessarily look like a weak team either and alot of them have played in the same team (wolves), league (Pl) , have WC or great players Bruno, Jota, have experienced players in Ronaldo himself, have young players in that Atletico Madrid lad and more etc

Aslong as the world and the viruses allow it, I wouldn't be surprised at Ronaldo sneaking in the final international cup to his name.

Let's see.

tomaldinho1

Well, 5 goals and 5 assists(86), and just wonderful pieces of play in general, is surely up there as one of the peak performances in a world cup, ever.
Diego is a true legend of international football, make no mistake.
Oh yes of course, there's no debating he's a legendary player but I personally don't think he's in the conversation for the GOAT.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
More career goals than Pele

The brazilians will need to rectify their chants for the next World Cup
I think they might see that differently and go with Pele's own numbers ;)

Anyway, incredible record. Hope he keeps it going for as long as possible. He might set new records for longevity given his professionalism. Can see him continuing like he does until 40.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I can’t take this league seriously when you look at the last 5 top goalscorers... *posts list of 5 really good players*
If you look at the amount of goals the 5 I listed scored to be top scorer and compare them to Serie A 20 years ago then you can see how much worse the league is now. Also of Higuain, Dzeko, Immobile, Icardi and Quarliarella, I would probably at a push put Higuain in the top 50 strikers of the last 30 years. Also, excluding Higuain, which of them which of them have ever been in the top 10 strikers in the world at any point?

Sure you don’t want to talk about Messi as he has been rather poor this season, and all you want is to talk about Ronaldo because for obvious reason.

Vardy was top goalscorer in the league last season, and Aubameyang 2 season ago. Lukaku is still overall top 3 goalscorer in PL among all current players, despite not playing there anymore in past 2.5 season. Bruno is big hit here who score a lot goals in PL (19 goals in 30 games) but was rather average in Serie A with far less goals (15 goals in 119 games). Salah is currently top scorer in PL (86 goals in 123 games for Liverpool), was never as prolific in Serie A (29 goals in 65 games). Just wondering do you regard PL is abit meh too and therefore hard for you to take top scorer here in PL seriously?

By the way current season in PL: Salah (13 goals,), Calvert-Lewin (11 goals), Bruno (11 goals), Vardy (11 goals), Belford (10 goals), Kane (10 goals), not exactly more exciting than Serie A with names like Calvert-Lewin, Vardy, Belford etc among the very top.

Sure I think PL (ranked 2nd) is better than Serie A (ranked 3rd) but not taking top scorer seriously there for the reason you stated above, is rather weak. Do you not take Lewandoski goals seriously in Germany because the league was not as strong (rank 4th)?
In 2 of the last 5 seasons in Serie A, there have been 2 players scoring 36 goals in a 38 game season. In the last 12 seasons in the PL, only 4 players have scored 30 goals or more. The highest being Salah with 32, this is the Salah that is nothing like the Roma version and is managed by Klopp.

In the last 5 seasons the top scorers in the PL combined to score 121 goals. In the same time frame in Serie A the top scorers combined to score 156 goals.

Two of the top 3 scorers in the league are 35 and 39 years old. Zlatan scored 17 goals in 28 games in the PL and has scored 10 goals in 6 games in Serie A this season and is 4 years older.

The league is pretty weak defensively so Ronaldo's stats this season are not actually as impressive as the people in this thread want everyone to believe. He definitely doesn't deserve people calling him the GOAT because of this season.

He is a GOAT due to his Real Madrid days, but this season doesn't really add much to that.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If you look at the amount of goals the 5 I listed scored to be top scorer and compare them to Serie A 20 years ago then you can see how much worse the league is now. Also of Higuain, Dzeko, Immobile, Icardi and Quarliarella, I would probably at a push put Higuain in the top 50 strikers of the last 30 years. Also, excluding Higuain, which of them which of them have ever been in the top 10 strikers in the world at any point?
It makes no sense at all to judge the quality of a league based on its top scorers. Noone takes away from Salah or Kane's goalscoring because Vardy and Ings score a bunch of goals in England despite them not being top 50 strikers of the past 30 years.

Everyone knows Serie A isn't as good as it was 20 years ago, mainly because the results of the italian teams in Europe hasn't been as good. It's still obviously a top league and not easy for anyone to score as much a Ronaldo has done. Do you actually think it's easier to score in Italy compared to Spain or Germany for example? By what you're arguing it seems like only Premier League and CL goals should be appreciated.

Last edited:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Curious how, despite Juventus dominance, their last Serie A top scorer was Del Piero in the 2007/08 season.
Cristiano Ronaldo will most likely break that curse this season

mancan92

In 2 of the last 5 seasons in Serie A, there have been 2 players scoring 36 goals in a 38 game season. In the last 12 seasons in the PL, only 4 players have scored 30 goals or more. The highest being Salah with 32, this is the Salah that is nothing like the Roma version and is managed by Klopp.

In the last 5 seasons the top scorers in the PL combined to score 121 goals. In the same time frame in Serie A the top scorers combined to score 156 goals.

Two of the top 3 scorers in the league are 35 and 39 years old. Zlatan scored 17 goals in 28 games in the PL and has scored 10 goals in 6 games in Serie A this season and is 4 years older.

The league is pretty weak defensively so Ronaldo's stats this season are not actually as impressive as the people in this thread want everyone to believe. He definitely doesn't deserve people calling him the GOAT because of this season.

He is a GOAT due to his Real Madrid days, but this season doesn't really add much to that.
How old is he mate? That's why it's even more impressive.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Well since you want to compare no. of goals scored by top scorer and have mentioned Salah, and Salah is the common denominator for both league, I am sure you will see this coming.

Salah score 32 goals in 36 games in PL in 17/18.
He only managed 15 goals in 31 games in Serie A in 16/17. Same player in different league with only 1 year apart, he simply double his goal tally in PL. It’s far easier for him to score in PL rather than Serie A for sure, for whatever reason you want to believe.

It’s seems PL is defensively weaker then, at least for Salah, currently the best striker in PL, and based on your logic of comparing amount of goals scored by top scorer.

Also, the 2 old player you mentioned who has scored a lot of goals in Serie A one of them had scored 758 career goals (ranked 2nd in all time list), the other has scored 558 (ranked 12th in all time list). Yeh in your eyes they surely aren’t anything special and do not deserved to be recognized for their goals scored this season just because they are playing in Serie A (the league where recent PL top goalscorer struggle to score as many), while the likes of Calvert-Lewin, Vardy, Belford etc surely deserve more recognition, as they are currently top scorer in PL. How naive.

And of course, a near 36 year old who scored 18 goals in 14 games this season in Serie A (top 3 league) and CL (best competition) adds nothing to GOAT. Let’s just look at how other GOAT did at same age then:

Age 35-36:

Ronaldo (age 35-36)
- 18 goals in 14 games for Juventus (top 3 league + best competition)

Pele (age 35-36)
- 26 goals in 42 games for New York Cosmics (equivalent to lower division)

Maradona (age 35-36)
- 5 goals in 24 games for Boca Juniors (nowhere near top level)

if we compare age 33:

Ronaldo (age 33)
- 44 goals in 44 games for Real Madrid (top 1-2 league + best competition)

Pele (age 33)
- 30 goals in 49 games for Santos (top league)

Messi (age 33)
- 10 goals in 19 games for Barca (top 1-2 league + best competition)

Maradona (age 33)
- 0 goals in 5 games for Newell old boys (nowhere near top level)

Sure it adds nothing to GOAT, right?

Last edited:

Oranges038

Kevin Phillips scored 30 in 36 in 99/00, was the PL rubbish then? Is Alan Shearers goal record dubious because the league didn't have great defenders in every team? He hit over 30 goals 3 seasons running in the 90s. What about Andy Cole's 34 goals in 40 games? Do they not count because the quality of the league and defending was poorer back then?

La Liga is hardly ever known for its abundance of great defenders, so we shouldn't really take much notice of the goals Ronaldo and Messi scored out there. Aside from major tournaments International football is pretty crap too, so we won't acknowledge the goals these lads scored during qualifying or friendlies either.

To me, it is pointless judging a players ability or a league by the top scorers by age or otherwise in that league.

Ronaldo is 36, he is still better than any one else in his league and is still one of the best players in the world and is still banging in goals like he has done for the last 15 odd years. But your right, keeping that goalscoring output going again this season adds absolutely nothing to his legacy.

MS4

Imagine if we had bought him instead of Juventus. Everyone said it had been a bad transfer but i say, the 100M had been totally worth it
We would have him already 2 years and he is still performing for another... 2 years at this level.
He is playing basically every game, so there had not been a reason to rotate him
----------Ronaldo----------
Martial Bruno Rashy

He scored over 80 goals for Juve. We could have used many of those goals.

Mr Smith

I used to think that as well, and there's certainly no doubt that his careers is different to the outrageous consistency of Messi, Ronaldo and Pele, but it is just as special. You could maybe argue that Maradona would have struggled in the modern era due to his off-field habits, but in the context of his own era, his achievements are truly remarkable. The Napoli side he dragged to two Serie A titles were the equivalent of a current relegation contender in the PL, but without the TV money, before he joined. The Argentina side he won the world cup with was also mediocre at best. Maradona was throughout his career what Messi is now; a player who was expected to do everything for the team in an attacking sense; dictate the tempo, create chances, assist, and score. You could make the argument that he wasn't the natural finisher that Messi and Ronaldo are, but his creativity was at least as good as Messi.

Anyway, back on topic. When Ronaldo joined at Juventus I said they would get a maximum of 3 good years out of him, and at the moment it looks like he could go for another three. The GOAT conversation aside, has there been anyone in history that has maintained this standard for this long? Counting from 06-07, he's coming up on 14 years of being absolutely world class and at least within the top 3 or 4 players in the world.

Gonçalo Motta

I used to think that as well, and there's certainly no doubt that his careers is different to the outrageous consistency of Messi, Ronaldo and Pele, but it is just as special. You could maybe argue that Maradona would have struggled in the modern era due to his off-field habits, but in the context of his own era, his achievements are truly remarkable. The Napoli side he dragged to two Serie A titles were the equivalent of a current relegation contender in the PL, but without the TV money, before he joined. The Argentina side he won the world cup with was also mediocre at best. Maradona was throughout his career what Messi is now; a player who was expected to do everything for the team in an attacking sense; dictate the tempo, create chances, assist, and score. You could make the argument that he wasn't the natural finisher that Messi and Ronaldo are, but his creativity was at least as good as Messi.

Anyway, back on topic. When Ronaldo joined at Juventus I said they would get a maximum of 3 good years out of him, and at the moment it looks like he could go for another three. The GOAT conversation aside, has there been anyone in history that has maintained this standard for this long? Counting from 06-07, he's coming up on 14 years of being absolutely world class and at least within the top 3 or 4 players in the world.
At the rate he's declining I can see him keep up a similar level until he hits 40. Never seen a player declining this slowly into his late 30s before and his stats in Juve are actually improving every season.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
At the rate he's declining I can see him keep up a similar level until he hits 40. Never seen a player declining this slowly into his late 30s before and his stats in Juve are actually improving every season.
Ronaldo can easily score 20 goals at 39 or 40 imo.

he finished 2020 with 44 goals....at his age...

He’s just not fair!

He is a 1/1 in football. Never been another player like Ronaldo ever.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Kevin Phillips scored 30 in 36 in 99/00, was the PL rubbish then? Is Alan Shearers goal record dubious because the league didn't have great defenders in every team? He hit over 30 goals 3 seasons running in the 90s. What about Andy Cole's 34 goals in 40 games? Do they not count because the quality of the league and defending was poorer back then?

La Liga is hardly ever known for its abundance of great defenders, so we shouldn't really take much notice of the goals Ronaldo and Messi scored out there. Aside from major tournaments International football is pretty crap too, so we won't acknowledge the goals these lads scored during qualifying or friendlies either.

To me, it is pointless judging a players ability or a league by the top scorers by age or otherwise in that league.

Ronaldo is 36, he is still better than any one else in his league and is still one of the best players in the world and is still banging in goals like he has done for the last 15 odd years. But your right, keeping that goalscoring output going again this season adds absolutely nothing to his legacy.
Goals alone don't mean you are the best, otherwise Quagliarella is better than him as he outscored Ronaldo in the same league in a much worse team. Ronaldo doesn't offer much more than his goals anymore, which is evidenced by his 1 assist in 12 league games this season. Him being the focal point of Juve has meant the team is focused around him, Pirlo's Juve is focused on Ronaldo which is part of why they are doing a bit poor this season compared to normal.

Where was he when they couldn't beat Atalanta and got hammered 3-0 by Sampdoria? Looking at the importance of his goals, he has only been the reason Juve won in 4 of the 12 games this season and the rest are a bit stat padded. In his 12 league games where he has played all 90 minutes, he has only played against 3 good teams, Roma, Atalanta and Lazio and only picked up 2 points out of 9. Granted 2 of them games he stopped them from getting 0 points.

Granted he has still been a good player in the league, but as the so called best player in the league he shouldn't be leading Juve to 3rd and 6 points behind 2nd (if they win their game in hand). Regardless of Pirlo being shit.

It isn't impressive to score 11 of your 14 goals against the fodder that is Spezia, Parma, Cagliari, Genoa, Udinese and Sampdoria. 2 of them are in the relegation zone and the other 4 are 11th, 13th, 15th and 16th.

Christ almighty, people in this thread saying he is amazing this season for contributing 11 goals against teams in the bottom half of the table with 8 goals being against 4 teams in a relegation battle.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Ronaldo can easily score 20 goals at 39 or 40 imo.

he finished 2020 with 44 goals....at his age...

He’s just not fair!

He is a 1/1 in football. Never been another player like Ronaldo ever.
Well there has. Gerd Muller, Puskas, Di Stefano, Pele, Eusebio, Messi, Bican. Not saying they are all like for like as players but for goals to game ratio, yes there has been.

Looking at them, Cruyff and Maradona are seen as better than all them bar Messi and Pele so clearly goals aren't everything when rating players.

Just for the record before I am shot down by a poor argument, I have Cristiano in my top 5 players of all time.

NM

Goals alone don't mean you are the best, otherwise Quagliarella is better than him as he outscored Ronaldo in the same league in a much worse team. Ronaldo doesn't offer much more than his goals anymore, which is evidenced by his 1 assist in 12 league games this season. Him being the focal point of Juve has meant the team is focused around him, Pirlo's Juve is focused on Ronaldo which is part of why they are doing a bit poor this season compared to normal.

Where was he when they couldn't beat Atalanta and got hammered 3-0 by Sampdoria? Looking at the importance of his goals, he has only been the reason Juve won in 4 of the 12 games this season and the rest are a bit stat padded. In his 12 league games where he has played all 90 minutes, he has only played against 3 good teams, Roma, Atalanta and Lazio and only picked up 2 points out of 9. Granted 2 of them games he stopped them from getting 0 points.

Granted he has still been a good player in the league, but as the so called best player in the league he shouldn't be leading Juve to 3rd and 6 points behind 2nd (if they win their game in hand). Regardless of Pirlo being shit.

It isn't impressive to score 11 of your 14 goals against the fodder that is Spezia, Parma, Cagliari, Genoa, Udinese and Sampdoria. 2 of them are in the relegation zone and the other 4 are 11th, 13th, 15th and 16th.

Christ almighty, people in this thread saying he is amazing this season for contributing 11 goals against teams in the bottom half of the table with 8 goals being against 4 teams in a relegation battle.
20 years from now nobody will remember "who" he did it against. The likes of Muller, Di Stefano, Puskas (one of my personal favorites), Pele, Eusebio scored lots against "so called cannon fodder" too. Keep in mind his team is mid table (6th I think) this year.

Oranges038

Quagliarella scored 26 in 37 league games in that one season, Ronaldo scored 21 in 31 games that same season. Literally the only time he scored over 20 league goals, their goals to games ratio is pretty much the same. Last season Ronaldo scored 31, Quagliarella scored 11. See how this can work?

Picking one season to try and prove a point is a load of nonsense. Ronaldo has scored over 20 league goals every season since 2009. He is scoring goals at a rate of about 65 mins per goal this season, I think. If it was so easy why isn't every striker doing it? He has 2 assists this season, the top assisters have 6.

Regardless of who he scores against, he is in the team to score goals, and the team is geared towards him getting those goals. He is still the best player in Serie A and is still one of the best players in the world. The stats show this.

I never said he is amazing just for this season, it is his longevity that is amazing. He is just continuing on with his amazing goal scoring ability and career. By the end of which he could just be the highest goal scorer ever, nobody will remember he scored 2 against Udinese the weekend, or that he scored a hat trick against San Marino once upon a time.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Quagliarella scored 26 in 37 league games in that one season, Ronaldo scored 21 in 31 games that same season. Literally the only time he scored over 20 league goals, their goals to games ratio is pretty much the same. Last season Ronaldo scored 31, Quagliarella scored 11. See how this can work?

Picking one season to try and prove a point is a load of nonsense. Ronaldo has scored over 20 league goals every season since 2009. He is scoring goals at a rate of about 65 mins per goal this season, I think. If it was so easy why isn't every striker doing it? He has 2 assists this season, the top assisters have 6.

Regardless of who he scores against, he is in the team to score goals, and the team is geared towards him getting those goals. He is still the best player in Serie A and is still one of the best players in the world. The stats show this.

I never said he is amazing just for this season, it is his longevity that is amazing. He is just continuing on with his amazing goal scoring ability and career. By the end of which he could just be the highest goal scorer ever, nobody will remember he scored 2 against Udinese the weekend, or that he scored a hat trick against San Marino once upon a time.
I am not picking this season to disregard his legacy, his career has been almost unparalleled and like I said, he is top 5 ever in my opinion.

I didn't mean you saying he is amazing this season, I was on about the Ronaldo fanatics in this thread and social media. His longevity is breathtaking and inspiring but people are pretending this season is as if he has scored his 14 league goals vs Inter and AC Milan alone, instead of mainly against fodder.

Oranges038

I am not picking this season to disregard his legacy, his career has been almost unparalleled and like I said, he is top 5 ever in my opinion.

I didn't mean you saying he is amazing this season, I was on about the Ronaldo fanatics in this thread and social media. His longevity is breathtaking and inspiring but people are pretending this season is as if he has scored his 14 league goals vs Inter and AC Milan alone, instead of mainly against fodder.
He was scoring against the likes of Fulham, Portsmouth, Newcastle and Villa at Utd and against Osasuna, Elche, Eibar and Granada for Real. I didn't see too many complaints about him only scoring against the fodder then.

He has had Covid19, we don't know how bad he was with it, he has recovered and is still in peak physical condition. He is in another excellent vein of goal scoring form in an underperforming team and is scoring the goals to get them points. He's scored 14 in 12 in the league and also scored 4 in 4 in the UCL, 18 goals in 16 matches this season.

I can understand why people think he is having a great season and why they like to post about it in a positive manner. Maybe they are overly hyped up fanboys, but there's no need to be so negative about it, let them appreciate him for what he is and what he is doing, he won't he around forever.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He was scoring against the likes of Fulham, Portsmouth, Newcastle and Villa at Utd and against Osasuna, Elche, Eibar and Granada for Real. I didn't see too many complaints about him only scoring against the fodder then.

He has had Covid19, we don't know how bad he was with it, he has recovered and is still in peak physical condition. He is in another excellent vein of goal scoring form in an underperforming team and is scoring the goals to get them points. He's scored 14 in 12 in the league and also scored 4 in 4 in the UCL, 18 goals in 16 matches this season.

I can understand why people think he is having a great season and why they like to post about it in a positive manner. Maybe they are overly hyped up fanboys, but there's no need to be so negative about it, let them appreciate him for what he is and what he is doing, he won't he around forever.
That is true, but I don't think his goals against the fodder are what makes him a GOAT level player. He has had many clutch moments in his career, that are what make him seen as one of the best ever. Yes he has been ill and is old, I am just pointing out that he hasn't been as good this season as the stats would suggest. Still a top player mind.

SportingCP96

Supports
Well there has. Gerd Muller, Puskas, Di Stefano, Pele, Eusebio, Messi, Bican. Not saying they are all like for like as players but for goals to game ratio, yes there has been.

Looking at them, Cruyff and Maradona are seen as better than all them bar Messi and Pele so clearly goals aren't everything when rating players.

Just for the record before I am shot down by a poor argument, I have Cristiano in my top 5 players of all time.
I didn’t mean goals,

I meant he is the model futebol player.

If your making a player straight out the lab your final product would be Ronaldo.

Tall, Strong, fast, elite finishing , headers , right foot, left foot , world class passing ability, good crossing, good at set pieces, clutch player/big game player.

He is a 1/1, I truly don’t think there has ever been someone like him in the sport, he’s legit going to hold a majority of the major scoring titles. Absolutely absurd!

We both have Ronaldo and Messi in our top 5 then ;) cheers.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Bican, best goalscorer in history of football (805 goals in official match, 1400+ goals if include friendlies). But I’ve heard half of his career were playing during World War era, where most of his opponents are at war, I could imagine he was playing against reserve level player most of the time (for example he scored 63 goals in 30 games or 72 goals in 32 games during world war when most of his opponents are on battlefield instead of football field, whereas in normal season the stats are more closer to 1:1 goals per game ratio instead). Hence I always have question on how good his record really was.

Muller though, I’ve read he scored over 1300+ goals if include friendly, never understand why Pele took the crown of most goals scored in friendlies. It should be Muller, or even Bican.

SportingCP96

Supports
News outlets saying Ronaldo tied Bican yesterday with 759 official goals and is 1 away from being the player with the most goals all time.

Ive seen people here saying bican still had a few more goals. So now I’m confused? Why are they saying he’s 1 away ?

SirAF

Ageist
News outlets saying Ronaldo tied Bican yesterday with 759 official goals and is 1 away from being the player with the most goals all time.

Ive seen people here saying bican still had a few more goals. So now I’m confused? Why are they saying he’s 1 away ?
Depends on the source, I guess. I believe some sources might count Bican‘s junior goals or something - I don’t remember exactly.

SportingCP96

Supports
Depends on the source, I guess. I believe some sources might count Bican‘s junior goals or something - I don’t remember exactly.
Ya just off of a Google search multiple outlets all reporting it.

Guessing his next one will be a historical goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.