Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raredaredevil

It was a bad transfer for both sides excluding Ronaldo‘s bank account
Interesting to see what he does when his contract expires. For all the speculation about him leaving Juventus to go back to Real Madrid or to PSG, I think Juventus will extend his contract. Ronaldo's ego also won't allow him to leave when he didn't win a single trophy so I think he might just finish his twilight years with Juve to try to win the CL again. Maybe he might take a one contract extension as one last attempt to win the CL but I can't see this Juve team winning the CL unless they sack Pirlo. He should just go back to Real Madrid, they are made for each other.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
the average Messi performance in a CL final is better than the average Ronaldo final in CL. Messi has 4 CL‘s not true, or so we also remove Ronaldo’s euro final since he got injured?
Ronaldo having more goals in the final to Messi is meaningless seeing as how Messi’s 2015 performance in the final (without goals) is better than any Ronaldo CL final bar 2017.
The average team Messi has played against in his career is worse than Ronaldo's.

When you look at the hype Messi got after his performance vs Hueseca recently then it puts his wonder goals vs Getafe in to perspective.

A player that never wanted to challenge himself to the hardest leagues and multiple leagues - hidden behind a loyalty that he suddenly does not have but still wont move from Barcelona.

Shame. Could have been such an obviously better player than Ronaldo by going at a similar career pathway as both Ronaldo's one vs one; but he stayed where he was comfortable. A league that played football on the floor and got the best out of the most technical gifted players I've seen. To some fans that technical ability is viewed as the way to view the best of players whilst some don't view it as anything more than a footballing aspect that can be influenced by multiple things.

@Daysleeper You are a nice guy! this is pointed at Messi and not you :)

RashyForPM

The average team Messi has played against in his career is worse than Ronaldo's.

When you look at the hype Messi got after his performance vs Hueseca recently then it puts his wonder goals vs Getafe in to perspective.

A player that never wanted to challenge himself to the hardest leagues and multiple leagues - hidden behind a loyalty that he suddenly does not have but still wont move from Barcelona.

Shame. Could have been such an obviously better player than Ronaldo by going at a similar career pathway as both Ronaldo's one vs one; but he stayed where he was comfortable. A league that played football on the floor and got the best out of the most technical gifted players I've seen. To some fans that technical ability is viewed as the way to view the best of players whilst some don't view it as anything more than a footballing aspect that can be influenced by multiple things.

Honestly, Messi in his prime could’ve played half the games of everyone else in any league (without Ronaldo obviously, his only competitor) and still come top scorer. He probably still can now. Just look at his record in 2021.

The fact that he’s played in a league suited to him his whole career or that he’s 5’7 doesn’t change that. He would adapt with ease. He has more goals against the PL’s big 6 than anyone currently active bar Aguero I think :lol: Do you think he suddenly wouldn’t score against Palace and WBA because the likes of Cahill and Bartley would kick him hard? They wouldn’t even get close to him.

Don’t even get me started on Serie A...Prime Messi would genuinely get 60 in that league.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina

Playing for SAF’s United and a Juve that has won the last 8 Serie A is such a tough challenge. If anything, joining Juve from Real Madrid felt more like running away from the Liga than challenging the Serie A. Yet another fake narrative pushed out by the CR7 50cents army

mshnsh

You are making yourself looks like a total fool here. Let's do it this way:

First of all, Ronaldo has won 5 CL final, Messi has only won 3. Ronaldo wins

Secondly, Ronaldo has scored 4 goals in CL final, Messi only scored 2. Ronaldo wins again.

Thirdly, as someone has already mentioned, Messi has only won 2 MOTM award (official and fans), Ronaldo has also won 2 (official and fans). This is the only one they tie.

Its clear who is better in CL final overall, to everyone who is not blind, except you and some other random fanboy.

So yeh, Messi have completely destroy anything Ronaldo had done in any final ever by alot in my arse.
Ronaldo finals:
2008: Good in the first half, anonymous thereafter and misses penalty
2009: Shoot on site in the first 10-15 minutes, poor match.
2014: The worst player on the pitch
2016: See 2014
2017: Anonymous until he scored the goal than had a good game
2018: Worst player on the pitch

Messi:
2009: Good game even if he wasn't the best on the pitch
2011: Best player on the pitch bar none
2015: Highly influential and a good game even if not his best

PS: He also technically won the UCL in 2006; Was very good in all the games he played including at Stamford Bridge.

Ronaldo in all his UCL tournaments had very few really good performances outside of scoring. That is my general problem with him; as a goalscorer / goal poacher he is one of the best ever and I respect that BUT its the rest of his game that is underwhelming when compared to some of the best to have played the game. And also unlike other great goalscorers like Messi or Brazilian Ronaldo pre injury, goals have to be created for him ( most of the time).

Bebestation

Playing for SAF’s United and a Juve that has won the last 8 Serie A is such a tough challenge. If anything, joining Juve from Real Madrid felt more like running away from the Liga than challenging the Serie A. Yet another fake narrative pushed out by the CR7 50cents army
It is better than no challenge.

SAF won two CL in his 20 years. Barcelona won a CL during Rijkaard's year.

The fact is Ronaldo started off as a completely different player and adapted his game from the skillful player he was to a physically dominant player as seen as his time in the PL.

He has played in 4 league and showed no loyalty to any club including Real Madrid because he wants to go from League to League and be known as a winner in different leagues - not because he has a bad relationship with Laporta.

If messi was leaving Barcelona would he join Burnley or Man City? The fact is Messi would have got a top club to join just like Ronaldo - but ultimately Messi never did it because he didnt have the feeling that he needed to do that to test himself and prove himself. Ronaldo did. That's why alot of his fans like me absolutely love his mentality- takes a challenge head on and its seen in his career and achievements from his clubs and national team. Its seen in his physique compared to the growth hormone injections Messi took.

Would I tell my son to copy Ronaldo or Messi? Take growth hormone injections, play in spain with a way of defending that suits the type of goals he attacks, win CL's only when his best mates havent retired from school, has done nothing for the national team except be a goalscorer. I know what I would choose - the Ronaldo that started off with a very eye catching technique and skill which was put in the back seat for a pure strong physique, got naturally tall and you could see his sports gym work season after season. He adapted to the PL and changed his game there, and then continued to be a monster league after league wanting to play in the top clubs of every league. He was influential in the National team winning season whilst messi cant even with a copa america :(

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
It is better than no challenge.

SAF won two CL in his 20 years. Barcelona won a CL during Rijkaard's year.

The fact is Ronaldo started off as a completely different player and adapted his game from the skillful player he was to a physically dominant player as seen as his time in the PL.

He has played in 4 league and showed no loyalty to any club including Real Madrid because he wants to go from League to League and be known as a winner in different leagues - not because he has a bad relationship with Laporta.

If messi was leaving Barcelona would he join Burnley or Man City? The fact is Messi would have got a top club to join just like Ronaldo - but ultimately Messi never did it because he didnt have the feeling that he needed to do that to test himself and prove himself. Ronaldo did. That's why alot of his fans like me absolutely love his mentality- takes a challenge head on and its seen in his career and achievements from his clubs and national team. Its seen in his physique compared to the growth hormone injections Messi took.

Would I tell my son to copy Ronaldo or Messi? Take growth hormone injections, play in spain with a way of defending that suits the type of goals he attacks, win CL's only when his best mates havent retired from school, has done nothing for the national team except be a goalscorer. I know what I would choose - the Ronaldo that started off with a very eye catching technique and skill which was put in the back seat for a pure strong physique, got naturally tall and you could see his sports gym work season after season. He adapted to the PL and changed his game there, and then continued to be a monster league after league wanting to play in the top clubs of every league. He was influential in the National team winning season whilst messi cant even with a copa america :(
This post is laughable though because all you have to do is look at Messi's performances against big teams from various leagues to know that he would have dominated their league if he played there.

And what's the dig about Messi taking hormone injections and Ronaldo growing tall naturally? It was a treatment Messi needed and that Ronaldo didn't, as simple as that. Just shows how far you're willing to reach to find an argument that suits whatever narrative you're trying to create.

As for the NT argument, Ronaldo led his team to a final (he barely played more than 10mins in) and Eder helped him win the cup, Messi led his team to different finals that they lost. How does that make Ronaldo better when he barely played in said final and when the difference was Ronaldo having another team mate that succeeded in scoring and Messi didn't ?

Bebestation

This post is laughable though because all you have to do is look at Messi's performances against big teams from various leagues to know that he would have dominated their league if he played there.

And what's the dig about Messi taking hormone injections and Ronaldo growing tall naturally? It was a treatment Messi needed and that Ronaldo didn't, as simple as that. Just shows how far you're willing to reach to find an argument that suits whatever narrative you're trying to create.

As for the NT argument, Ronaldo led his team to a final (he barely played more than 10mins in) and Eder helped him win the cup, Messi led his team to different finals that they lost. How does that make Ronaldo better when he barely played in said final and when the difference was Ronaldo having another team mate that succeeded in scoring and Messi didn't ?
Fair enough if you think that playing against an English team once or twice a season is the same as playing against 20 english players ranging from City to United to Burnley and Brighton then fair enough. Messi would play a single match against an English team and it wasn't just because Messi is a wonder player (he is) that he beat the English team - Barcelona beat English teams during Rijkaard's time, then it continued to wreck teams due to the tiki taka possesion based football that no team in the world knew how to counter with wonder players like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, which were the midfield of the world cup winning Spanish team alongside the defensive ability of players like puyol and Pique - messi wasnt the only reason Barcelona beat English teams, he was the cherry on top of the cake playing off the best team ever in football (Guardiolas Barcelona). Enrique came and won another CL with the same core. What happened when Xavi and Iniesta retired? Messi would score the goals against Hueseca and Getafe but stopped winning the CL.

If you think 'Barcelona' winning a single game against an English team during a season is equal to playing in what is argued to be the most hard and competitive league in world football then so be it. As I said before - Pedro was a great player at Barcelona and beat plenty English teams in the CL but once he came here how was he? Good but nothing to write La Masia about.

The best way to shut me up is hoping that Messi leaves the La Liga due to his current fights and are him absolutely anywhere - Serie A, The PL or even Ligue One attempting to win the CL with Neymar. Will it happen? Let's hope so. Not.A.Chance.

AgentSmith

Fair enough if you think that playing against an English team once or twice a season is the same as playing against 20 english players ranging from City to United to Burnley and Brighton then fair enough. Messi would play a single match against an English team and it wasn't just because Messi is a wonder player (he is) that he beat the English team - Barcelona beat English teams during Rijkaard's time, then it continued to wreck teams due to the tiki taka possesion based football that no team in the world knew how to counter with wonder players like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, which were the midfield of the world cup winning Spanish team alongside the defensive ability of players like puyol and Pique - messi wasnt the only reason Barcelona beat English teams, he was the cherry on top of the cake playing off the best team ever in football (Guardiolas Barcelona). Enrique came and won another CL with the same core. What happened when Xavi and Iniesta retired? Messi would score the goals against Hueseca and Getafe but stopped winning the CL.

If you think 'Barcelona' winning a single game against an English team during a season is equal to playing in what is argued to be the most hard and competitive league in world football then so be it. As I said before - Pedro was a great player at Barcelona and beat plenty English teams in the CL but once he came here how was he? Good but nothing to write La Masia about.

The best way to shut me up is hoping that Messi leaves the La Liga due to his current fights and are him absolutely anywhere - Serie A, The PL or even Ligue One attempting to win the CL with Neymar. Will it happen? Let's hope so. Not.A.Chance.
Messi could have been in any league over the last decade and he would’ve been the best player in it by a country mile.

What’s happened to Ronaldo’s Champions League success since he stopped playing with Modric and Kroos?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
but ultimately Messi never did it because he didnt have the feeling that he needed to do that to test himself and prove himself.
Exactly. Messi doesn't feel the need to do this stuff because he doesn't need such meaningless accomplishments to secure a point win in this "discussion".

you could see his sports gym work season after season.
With all due respect to your fondness of Ronaldo's defined muscular physique, we're still talking about football and not a body building contest, right?

Would I tell my son to copy Ronaldo or Messi? Take growth hormone injections
So you would tell your son not to take growth hormones when he's sick and needs this medication? Must be a father of the year contender.

Bebestation

Messi could have been in any league over the last decade and he would’ve been the best player in it by a country mile.

What’s happened to Ronaldo’s Champions League success since he stopped playing with Modric and Kroos?
That's been 2 years isnt it? He won a CL with an ageing but class Scholes, an absolutely old Giggs, carrick and Hargreaves. Nothing like xavi and Iniesta and Busquets in their prime.

Why is the final bought up when talking about Ronaldo helping them win? He influenced the games before by directly being a part of the winning goals and he was a leader to that team even if Portugal didnt need his direct performances to win the final which was Eders most valuable game.

Messi could have done that for Copa America surely? Did he need an Eder for the end just because Ronaldo did? Would be easier to call Messi the GOAT if he did turn up in the final and Ronaldo didnt - yet Messi didnt either.

https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2017/12/lionel-messi-uses-steroids.html?m=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indian...l-messi-hgh-medication-teenager-6506008/lite/

Bebestation

Exactly. Messi doesn't feel the need to do this stuff because he doesn't need such meaningless accomplishments to secure a point win in this "discussion".

With all due respect to your fondness of Ronaldo's defined muscular physique, we're still talking about football and not a body building contest, right?

So you would tell your son not to take growth hormones when he's sick and needs this medication? Must be a father of the year contender.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/indian...l-messi-hgh-medication-teenager-6506008/lite/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2N7Y_bgnS6cF6kuttj0i4g&cshid=1616510656851

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...again-would-messi-be-messi-without-hgh-329558

AgentSmith

That's been 2 years isnt it? He won a CL with an ageing but class Scholes, an absolutely old Giggs, carrick and Hargreaves. Nothing like xavi and Iniesta and Busquets in their prime.

Why is the final bought up when talking about Ronaldo helping them win? He influenced the games before by directly being a part of the winning goals and he was a leader to that team even if Portugal didnt need his direct performances to win the final which was Eders most valuable game.

Messi could have done that for Copa America surely? Did he need an Eder for the end just because Ronaldo did? Would be easier to call Messi the GOAT if he did turn up in the final and Ronaldo didnt - yet Messi didnt either.

Messi won it in 2015 without prime Xavi or prime Iniesta. And that’s some serious revisionism of the 2008 Man Utd team if you’re somehow implying that was a weak XI. It’s got a strong argument for the best Premier League team of all time.

I don’t understand why you’re criticising someone for using legal medication to treat a serious childhood condition. If Messi’s game was based on bullying people with strength and power you might have an argument but it’s not.

Bebestation

Messi won it in 2015 without prime Xavi or prime Iniesta. And that’s some serious revisionism of the 2008 Man Utd team if you’re somehow implying that was a weak XI. It’s got a strong argument for the best Premier League team of all time.

I don’t understand why you’re criticising someone for using legal medication to treat a serious childhood condition. If Messi’s game was based on bullying people with strength and power you might have an argument but it’s not.
Its counting as doping if he used it now. If Ronaldo used steroids what would you say? He was a 4ft2 youth person that got big enough for professional football because of something that is valued as doping.

Also 2014- 2015 iniesta was the second most assist in CL.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Messi was already a super talent before he got his medication, running circles around players 20 cm taller than him. Barca was so astonished by his talent that they signed him immediately on a towel. And you know why they were 20 cm taller than him? Because he was sick. And it's disgusting that you use this as a stick to beat him with - again. It just goes to show the lengthes you're willing to go to hype up your poster boy. Nobody, literally nobody, should take somebody who's capable of so much intellectual dishonesty as you seriously on any topic.

You know what, I finally put you on ignore. Really not worth the constant triggering you cause. I mean, it's not like you post anything insightful, like at all. Congratulations.

AgentSmith

Its counting as doping if he used it now. If Ronaldo used steroids what would you say? He was a 4ft2 youth person that got big enough for professional football because of something that is valued as doping.

Why are you constantly ignoring the medical validity of his childhood use of HGH?

You make it sound like Messi was doing dodgy steroids that he got at the back of the gym in La Masia.

Bebestation

Why are you constantly ignoring the medical validity of his childhood use of HGH?

You make it sound like Messi was doing dodgy steroids that he got at the back of the gym in La Masia.
Messi was already a super talent before he got his medication, running circles around players 20 cm taller than him. Barca was so astonished by his talent that they signed him immediately on a towel. And you know why they were 20 cm taller than him? Because he was sick. And it's disgusting that you use this as a stick to beat him with - again. It just goes to show the lengthes you're willing to go to hype up your poster boy. Nobody, literally nobody, should take somebody who's capable of so much intellectual dishonesty as you seriously on any topic.

You know what, I finally put you on ignore. Really not worth the constant triggering you cause. I mean, it's not like you post anything insightful, like at all. Congratulations.
The super talent that River Plate didnt want to sign him because he was 4ft 2 and was signed by Barcelona because they offered him the HGH. Okay let's say it's got nothing to do with football.

Wish Angel Gomes could have had a bit haha.

AgentSmith

The super talent that River Plate didnt want to sign him because he was 4ft 2 and was signed by Barcelona because they offered him the HGH. Okay let's say it's got nothing to do with football.

Do you think Messi, as a child, should have been denied legal and essential medication to treat his genuine medical condition?

Bebestation

Do you think Messi, as a child, should have been denied legal and essential medication to treat his genuine medical condition?
It came by Barcelona because he was a footballer. Anyway its not like we will convince each other. Leave it at that

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular

Because Portugal winning that final is the only reason people like you say Ronaldo has a better NT career than Messi.
Order than that, Messi did atleast just as much (even more) as Ronaldo to get his team to all those finals they lost. Difference is that Ronaldo's team won despite him not contributing anything in that final, and no one else on Messi's team could score in any of those finals.

Who was first though?

Rojow

River didn't sign him because the cost of his treatment was too expensive for them for him to get taller. Same for Newells. Barcelona was willing to pay because as an European Club, it was a cheap cost versus the talent they saw on Lionel.

Pocho

Again you are lying. River wanted him but Newells didn't let him go. He said that on Fox Sports.

Bebestation

Again you are lying. River wanted him but Newells didn't let him go. He said that on Fox Sports.
So this human growth hormone is looking like its linked to the sport.

The club that gave him an illegal sporting drug counts as doping was given to him when he was signed by Barcelona whilst River Plate could not afford it.

I dont understand why this HGH counts as doping in football when you take it as an adult playing football but it's fine when you are a youth kid being bought by a team to play football.

It's not that Messi went to the GP to sort out his growth ability- it was sorted out directly by Barcelona to help his football. Any one else any other age would be doping.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ronaldo finals:
2008: Good in the first half, anonymous thereafter and misses penalty
2009: Shoot on site in the first 10-15 minutes, poor match.
2014: The worst player on the pitch
2016: See 2014
2017: Anonymous until he scored the goal than had a good game
2018: Worst player on the pitch

Messi:
2009: Good game even if he wasn't the best on the pitch
2011: Best player on the pitch bar none
2015: Highly influential and a good game even if not his best

PS: He also technically won the UCL in 2006; Was very good in all the games he played including at Stamford Bridge.

Ronaldo in all his UCL tournaments had very few really good performances outside of scoring. That is my general problem with him; as a goalscorer / goal poacher he is one of the best ever and I respect that BUT its the rest of his game that is underwhelming when compared to some of the best to have played the game. And also unlike other great goalscorers like Messi or Brazilian Ronaldo pre injury, goals have to be created for him ( most of the time).
:lol: Ronaldo is by definition the worst player on the pitch unless he scores a hat-trick, whilst Messi is always the best player on the pitch even when he gets sent off in the 1st minute according to you Messi brigade. :lol:

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty

The club that gave him an illegal sporting drug counts as doping was given to him when he was signed by Barcelona whilst River Plate could not afford it.

I dont understand why this HGH counts as doping in football when you take it as an adult playing football but it's fine when you are a youth kid being bought by a team to play football.

It's not that Messi went to the GP to sort out his growth ability- it was sorted out directly by Barcelona to help his football. Any one else any other age would be doping.
If you don't understand why a person who has medical condition is given medical treatment, than it is useless to hold any discussion with you.

AgentSmith

At the time Messi was diagnosed it cost up to $900 a month to get the HGH treatment he medically needed.

According to this article clubs in Argentina, as well as Messi’s own family, were unable to cover those costs but Barcelona stepped in and said they would.

Messi was a child. Messi had a preciously undiagnosed condition that was affecting his physical development as child. He received treatment for that condition which in turn allowed him to continue normal childhood physical development.

It’s honestly staggering you have an issue with a child receiving medical intervention for a serious condition.

MalcolmTucker

This is just pathetic :lol:

VanKenny

:lol: Ronaldo is by definition the worst player on the pitch unless he scores a hat-trick, whilst Messi is always the best player on the pitch even when he gets sent off in the 1st minute according to you Messi brigade. :lol:
I dont think he was the worst player on the pitch in any of the finals, and certainly not in a final where Karius had "that" game

We are just saying he simply didnt perform at a level that the supposed best CL player of all time should perform. On his 6 finals, he never played as good as Messi played on his 3 finals. Thats twice the tries, yet didnt even come close.

This debate started because apparently CR7 is a big game clutch player and Messi disappears on the big game. Well, that is simply not true, as in the most important match in club football, Messi has him beat by a lot performance-wise.

VS Juventus: Great performance
Vs United 2009: Great performance
Vs United 2011: GOAT performance

Im eager to see how you make it seem like that match where the only thing CR7 did the entire game was scoring the 4-1 penalty at the last minute vs Atletico and then took his shirt off is considered a great performance :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
I dont think he was the worst player on the pitch in any of the finals, and certainly not in a final where Karius had "that" game

We are just saying he simply didnt perform at a level that the supposed best CL player of all time should perform. On his 6 finals, he never played as good as Messi played on his 3 finals. Thats twice the tries, yet didnt even come close.

This debate started because apparently CR7 is a big game clutch player and Messi disappears on the big game. Well, that is simply not true, as in the most important match in club football, Messi has him beat by a lot performance-wise.

VS Juventus: Great performance
Vs United 2009: Great performance
Vs United 2011: GOAT performance

Im eager to see how you make it seem like that match where the only thing CR7 did the entire game was scoring the 4-1 penalty at the last minute vs Atletico and then took his shirt off is considered a great performance :lol:
I didn't say Ronaldo had great games in those finals, just laughing at that comment apparently he was the worst player on the pitch.

There is a reason why Ronaldo has made so many more CL finals than Messi, whilst Messi (& Barca) were busy getting trashed in multiple CL SFs (let's face it, they shouldn't even have been there in the 2009 final), Ronaldo has dominated numerous ones.

VanKenny

I didn't say Ronaldo had great games in those finals, just laughing at that comment apparently he was the worst player on the pitch.

There is a reason why Ronaldo has made so many more CL finals than Messi, whilst Messi (& Barca) were busy getting trashed in multiple CL SFs (let's face it, they shouldn't even have been there in the 2009 final), Ronaldo has dominated numerous ones.
Well, Messi missed one final due to injury, but he did greatly help his team get to that final. In another final he beat CR7's United while CR7 played poorly. They arent pretty similar on team's CL success, and Messi is 2 years younger with no signs of slowing down.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If you don't understand why a person who has medical condition is given medical treatment, than it is useless to hold any discussion with you.
Sad thing is it's absolutely possible that he doesn't understand it based on the cognitive ability and empathy he displayed in his latest posts.

tomaldinho1

A strange take, I'll give you that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well, Messi missed one final due to injury, but he did greatly help his team get to that final. In another final he beat CR7's United while CR7 played poorly. They arent pretty similar on team's CL success, and Messi is 2 years younger with no signs of slowing down.
Messi didn’t feature from the QF onwards in 2006, don’t make it sound like he was an indispensable part of the Ronaldinho team.

2009 final they only got to due to one of the worst refereeing performances ever.

Ronaldo is by some distant the greatest CL player ever and it’s not even close to debatable.

MalcolmTucker

Messi didn’t feature from the QF onwards in 2006, don’t make it sound like he was an indispensable part of the Ronaldinho team.
He was injured.

Ronaldo is by some distant the greatest CL player ever and it’s not even close to debatable.
Messi
157 games - 120 goals - 41 assists - 103 minutes per goal - 76 minute per goal or assist

Ronaldo
182 games - 134 goals - 48 assists - 114 minutes per goal - 84 minutes per goal or assist

Since 2009:

Messi MOTM awards - 62
Ronaldo MOTM awards - 38

Don't you always complain about Messi 'fanbois' always presenting their opinions like facts? I think you'll find it's more than debatable.

mshnsh

Quite simply put, most of the time especially at Madrid, without scoring, Ronaldo's contribution was non existent.
Messi, on the other hand, doesn't need to score to standout.
Ronaldo was the worst player on the pitch vs Atletico twice and vs Liverpool. It's not fanboyism but something obvious if you watched the matches.

Last edited:

Sanchez7

Quite simply put, most of the time especially at Madrid, without scoring, Ronaldo's contribution was non existent.
Ronaldo was the worst player on the pitch vs Atletico twice and vs Liverpool. It's not fanboyism but something obvious if you watched the matches.
Good thing he scored a goal per game.

Caritas

He was injured.

Messi
157 games - 120 goals - 41 assists - 103 minutes per goal - 76 minute per goal or assist

Ronaldo
182 games - 134 goals - 48 assists - 114 minutes per goal - 84 minutes per goal or assist

Since 2009:

Messi MOTM awards - 62
Ronaldo MOTM awards - 38

Don't you always complain about Messi 'fanbois' always presenting their opinions like facts? I think you'll find it's more than debatable.
OMG.

Messi scored most of his UCL goals in the group stages, while Ronaldo scored an incredible amount of goals in the last 16. This is a huge difference.

MrEleson

Nonsense. He has the second most assists for Real Madrid in the club's history. And in the 2 finals against Atletico, he was playing at probably 40% match fitness. The 2014 one was around when he sustained his infamous knee injury and the 2016 one he was just returning from injury problems and was burnt out from playing every game that season. Admittedly he was poor those two games, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.