Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Harsh to blame a 36 year old who’s nearly scored 100 goals in 3 seasons for Juve’s failings.

marktan

He looks shot but partly to blame is no rest, he's basically played every minute because earlier in the season when they tlrested him they dropped points. At his age he needs to managed carefully and he hasn't been.

phenry

How about a transfer to here if Cavani leaves? If he never plays a game his presence and mentality would add so much to our young players. If he never played a game he would add so much value to the team. If he didn't get a minute on the pitch it would be because he pushed everyone around him to raise their game. It would be a masterstroke by the glazers similar to bringing in Tom Brady. It would be a fairytale end to his career. And he would play, and he would score goals, and with a sprinkle of luck we'd be on top again...

R77

If he was open to rotation and sharing game time, and not being paid the GDP of a small country, he'd be incredible to have. Probably a small chance of that though. Ronaldo and Cavani leading and training with the young guns would benefit us for years to come, long after they left.

That's looking on the bright side, at least. Ego and zero defensive contribution are pretty serious marks against the idea.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I wouldn’t want him back if you offered me to him. He won’t go to PSG as he’s competing with Mbappe AND Neymar and he won’t go back to Real because of ego reasons. I don’t know where the feck he goes after Juventus
Us or USA is my guess

with us pushing for Cavani to stay, and that looking likely - that puts to bed the very small chance that we would a. want him, and b. He would want to play for us again.

i would be flabbergasted if he plays for us again.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If he was open to rotation and sharing game time, and not being paid the GDP of a small country, he'd be incredible to have. Probably a small chance of that though. Ronaldo and Cavani leading and training with the young guns would benefit us for years to come, long after they left.

That's looking on the bright side, at least. Ego and zero defensive contribution are pretty serious marks against the idea.
He is open to rotation, other managers did do that, its just Pirlo being bad at coaching.

Agreed about his wages though.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He needs to go, he is way to good for this team. He is wasting his last good years here, we are talking about a guy scoring nearly 40 goals a season for

You look at Ronaldo and then look at the nearest best player at Juve and he is light years ahead of him and even more so to every other player at the squad, at 36!!

Add to the fact he has one of the worst coaches in the world coaching Juve and this is just a disaster.

SportingCP96

Supports
PSG is the logical team. Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo.

Sell Di Maria and another guy or 2.

He would score 50 goals a season in France and be able to get his rest.

mshnsh

This is going to rumble a lot of feathers but you have a point. I like Messi but he's the type that never leaves his comfort zone, a beta male.

The alpha male Ronaldo went to many different countries, in different leagues, and dominated all of them. Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here? Are you not entertained??
I wonder how you define dominate.

He had 2 seasons out of 6 in the Premier league where he was voted player of the season.

He had 1 season out of 9 in la liga where he was voted player of the season.

Out of his 3 seasons in serie A, he is likely by end of this one have won only 1 player of the season award.

Hardly dominating is it??

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Overall despite his success, a bad move for all parties. Juventus have gone backwards and possibly have hampered the likes of Dybala. Cristiano has wasted 3 years playing for a club that is nowhere near Europe’s elite.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
PSG is the logical team. Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo.

Sell Di Maria and another guy or 2.

He would score 50 goals a season in France and be able to get his rest.
Ronaldo prefers to play as a left inside forward, do they move their best player to acommodate him? Does Ronaldo accept to be a full time striker? Where do you play Mbappe? They don't look very compatible to me at least in theory. Not to mention the penalties/freekicks shenanigans...

For some reason there is a prevailing opinion that every big club is salivating at the prospect of signing 36 year old Ronaldo on 60M per year, to me it seems it isn't the case.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It's over a decade now and people still pine for him.
Its almost like we watched him develop, grow, become the best player in the world and win the Champions League or something!!

mshnsh

To be fair Messi does the same thing in a league he has only ever dominated where it so suits his game with the ball on the floor 24/7.

Shame he doesn't have the guts to try out a new league where he will end up as a failure as he did with Argentina and with Barcelona post Xavi and Iniesta's retirement where his trophy wins are shockingly low. Thought a move was finally going to happen but it was nothing more than a contract renewal because Messi is a pu**y compared to Ronaldo :lol:

Messi in these quarter final CL's are becoming an easy money maker because Barcelona never really achieve much with him without the rest of the world cup winning spanish team behind him.

But but.. a dribbling goal against getafe & betis where the defenders were never defenders in comparison to the Serie A or Premier League :drool:

So many players flop when trying to adapt to a new leagues (werner, Hazard etc) - to the point you say Ronaldo flopped at Juventus serie A; yet you cant see why so many people dont rate Messi as the GOAT because he has never tried another league apart from his delicate little la Liga home :lol:

GOAT of the La Liga. Not much else and you having a laugh at Ronaldo's lack of success in the Serie A highlights the need of Messi's success for a single club and league outside Barcelona and La Liga ( & Barcelona without the spanish world cup winners behind his back).

Thanks for showing it to the Messi fans!
Failure with Argentina? He was better with Argentina in 2014 wc, 2015 copa America and 2016 copa America than Cristiano was with Portugal in 2016 Euros where he himself was very poor aside from goals vs mighty Hungary and mighty Wales despite winning the tournament. And luck played a major part in the vistory.

If you ask many neutrals who they consider the 'GOAT', only 3 names come up: Pele, Messi and Maradona. So it's a lie to say that Messi is not considered a Goat by many. Hack, there is a thread on this forum asking who were the best players at their peak and Messi is the most common answer followed by Brazilian Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.

As pissed as you sound in your post, the main reason why Ronaldo, despite his successes with Madrid is not as loved as Messi is because of how he plays. He simply lacks the genius of many of the past greats. At the end of his career, his will be goal statistics only.

You also talk of challenges. A great challenge would have been to go to Milan or Inter in Italy or to Atletico in Spain. Instead, he pretty much went to the dominant team (Juve) and to one of the two dominant teams (Real, who bought others apart from Ronaldo).

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I wouldn’t want him back if you offered me to him. He won’t go to PSG as he’s competing with Mbappe AND Neymar and he won’t go back to Real because of ego reasons. I don’t know where the feck he goes after Juventus
porto

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I bloody hate Ronaldo vs Messi arguments. Fecking pointless. Which prick can shout the loudest on the internet.
100%. Especially the ones who probably have been invested in it for about 15 years :lol:

All it comes down to is downplaying two phenomenal players. It’s been almost two decades! Just enjoy the two for however long left

100%. Especially the ones who probably have been invested in it for about 15 years :lol:

All it comes down to is downplaying two phenomenal players. It’s been almost two decades! Just enjoy the two for however long left
this is the crux of it. Whoever you think is better (and really no one cares) - why on earth can’t you enjoy the other one. In a couple of years time, when both have retired, and we have the likes of Owen winning the Ballon d’or they might realise what a futile argument they have been having.

SportingCP96

Supports
Ronaldo prefers to play as a left inside forward, do they move their best player to acommodate him? Does Ronaldo accept to be a full time striker? Where do you play Mbappe? They don't look very compatible to me at least in theory. Not to mention the penalties/freekicks shenanigans...

For some reason there is a prevailing opinion that every big club is salivating at the prospect of signing 36 year old Ronaldo on 60M per year, to me it seems it isn't the case.
Neymar and Mbappe Left and right wing and Ronaldo striker which he would be fine with because that’s his main positions pretty much anyways.

Would be an absolute festival of goals and must see TV.

Mbappe gets his idol who will teach him how to win and how to have that killer mentality and Neymar gets to win another CL.

Win WinWin for all parties.

PSG would not drop the ball the way Juve did.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Neymar and Mbappe Left and right wing and Ronaldo striker which he would be fine with because that’s his main positions pretty much anyways.

Mbappe gets his idol who will teach him how to win and how to have that killer mentality and Neymar gets to win another CL.

Ronaldo does not play as a 9. Morata does while Ronnie hovers around the sides. He can't do that for PSG cause Neymar and Mbappe already play that role. I don't see how it works.
Anotherthing, a striker that does not press won't play for Pochettino.

Green_Red

How about a transfer to here if Cavani leaves? If he never plays a game his presence and mentality would add so much to our young players. If he never played a game he would add so much value to the team. If he didn't get a minute on the pitch it would be because he pushed everyone around him to raise their game. It would be a masterstroke by the glazers similar to bringing in Tom Brady. It would be a fairytale end to his career. And he would play, and he would score goals, and with a sprinkle of luck we'd be on top again...
Why base it on Cavani staying ot going?

Gibb11

You think defending against Man city was hard, try defending with a front 3 who would offer zilch in tracking back and defensive contribution including zero pressing upfront. I think you can carry 1 or at a very stretch 2 but not 3 in the serious champions league knock out tie

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
You think defending against Man city was hard, try defending with a front 3 who would offer zilch in tracking back and defensive contribution including zero pressing upfront. I think you can carry 1 or at a very stretch 2 but not 3 in the serious champions league knock out tie
Agree wholeheartedly, except I think you're being overtly optimistic. Even one passenger might be too much now, two I feel is absolutely out of the question.

mu4c_20le

Can see us doing a swap deal with martial. Get Ronaldo for free. Can’t see him asking for insane money at his age and he’d be a hell of a lot better than contribution Martial has provided to us this year for 250k a week
They will ask for Pogba. No way will they swap for Martial and hope he goes back to his best, but may work out a loan on the side instead. Would make for a better storyline as well, with both men going back to where they were successful and restore their clubs to former glory.

Eddy_JukeZ

This isn't FIFA.

A front 3 of Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo would fail horribly.

Literally 3 players who barely press or track back.

Completely suicidal.

Idxomer

They will ask for Pogba. No way will they swap for Martial and hope he goes back to his best, but may work out a loan on the side instead. Would make for a better storyline as well, with both men going back to where they were successful and restore their clubs to former glory.
Bad deal for United and one of them would fail miserably in their mission.

tjb

this is the crux of it. Whoever you think is better (and really no one cares) - why on earth can’t you enjoy the other one. In a couple of years time, when both have retired, and we have the likes of Owen winning the Ballon d’or they might realise what a futile argument they have been having.
I really don't think people remember what it was like before them. Now they glorify Ronaldinho and Zidane like they performed well every year. Look how good Cavani is, Messi and Ronaldo made players like him seem ordinary.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wonder if he is willing to take a pay cut
I imagine Juve might be okay with letting him go on a free if that means saving his salary considering their current financial situation. They need to rebuild.

But in the pandemic summer, clubs will be very picky with their spendings. He's still world class but his package is probably as expensive as players with possibly 10+ years of top performances in them, a reselling value and who are not far behind him at this stage. There's no way a club would take him over Mbappe or Haaland at 36.

If he is willing to accept lesser wages in order to get one or two last shots at the CL, this might be a totally different matter. He could more or less choose clubs then, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.