Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazTheLegend

How much weaker were his teams then Messi?
Do you honestly think Portugal had the talent to no win a World Cup during his career?
I've never forgotten your lot destroying the best Spain team I've ever seen 4-0 and Nani (WHO WASNT OFFSIDE) getting called offside for the best 'assist' I've ever seen in my life by Ronaldo so you guys definitely had the talent in there. It's not easy translating that to wins, of course.

arthurka

What about the level of football ? Do you think that European countries have stronger football teams as compared to the South American teams or are they at an equal level ?
I think the Euro´s are a much stronger competition than the COPA and offer tougher opponents in general. I would even go as far as saying it is a harder competition than the WC because it doesn´t have many lambs that are out for slaughter like the WC has. But with more teams coming into the EURO format it could be changing, but I think the WC is also adding teams into their format as well so that will also make it a weaker tournament. Since the 2000 the only team to win the WC outside of Europe was Brazil in 2002 and what makes it even more obvious is no other team outside of Europe has even made top 3 in any of the WC since then except when Argentina lost to Germany in Brazil and that tournament was in South America.

Joeace2020

Don't these endless debates bore people? Ronaldo is better than Messi. Messi is better than Ronaldo and you do this all day, all week, all year. To what end? What a waste of precious time.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
“far better” haha no, Eder scored in a final Ronaldo didn’t play in while Argentina had 4 finals where Ronaldo flames out in the World Cup
2 finals 1 in and 2 semi finals

More goals more assists and more influence on his national team.

120% far better. It’s actually not even close.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I've never forgotten your lot destroying the best Spain team I've ever seen 4-0 and Nani (WHO WASNT OFFSIDE) getting called offside for the best 'assist' I've ever seen in my life by Ronaldo so you guys definitely had the talent in there. It's not easy translating that to wins, of course.
Games happen, and that’s just a friendly game. Argentina beat them 4-1 that same summer.
Carlos Martins started that day for Portugal…that says it all.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Don't these endless debates bore people? Ronaldo is better than Messi. Messi is better than Ronaldo and you do this all day, all week, all year. To what end? What a waste of precious time.
It will never end :lol:

How much time they must spend to get a bit of oneupmanship over the opposing fanboys must be off the charts.

Judging who is the best on the basis of Eder scoring or Higuain missing is unimaginable numbfeckery that I cannot comprehend and no drugs could ever cure a person who is that deep.

Oranges038

Nani ruined what would have been a great goal, with his selfish stupidity. He could have left it but he didn't want Ronaldo getting all the glory.

GazTheLegend

Nani ruined what would have been a great goal, with his selfish stupidity. He could have left it but he didn't want Ronaldo getting all the glory.
He wasn't offside and that's a crazy take on it. Would Ronaldo have left it??

Rule 1 of being a striker in my opinion is you always make sure, it's not selfish, if you can get to it - maybe a defender can too.

Oranges038

He wasn't offside and that's a crazy take on it. Would Ronaldo have left it??

Rule 1 of being a striker in my opinion is you always make sure, it's not selfish, if you can get to it - maybe a defender can too.
Yeah, he wasn't off. But he should have the self awareness at that level to know it was pretty much over the line when he touched it. He just wanted an easy goal. Ronaldo was probably more pissed with him than the linesman.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Those who entertain this pointless boring and exhausting back and forth don‘t have „precious“ time it seems.

GuyfromAustria

yet it’s all amazing when Messi doesn’t win a CL in the last 6 years for the same club with the same dna whilst it’s a disappointment when Ronaldo doesn’t win it with new club at Juventus - being a near 4 years older than him :lol:
I won't be dragged into this debate, but Ronaldo is nowhere near 4 years older than Messi, not even 2 and a half.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It wouldn’t be a massive success the same way Neymar going to PSG isn’t a massive success. Ronaldo was brought in for on main thing - the CL. I’m not pinning it all on Ronaldo they couldn’t win CL. But Juventus have been massively disappointing in CL considering the expectations upon signing Ronaldo. Losing to far inferior teams and after having 2 CL finals in the past 3 years upon signing Ronaldo to failing to get past the quarter finals. Again, not all Ronaldo’s fault, but it was a lose lose for both parties involved.
Nah, look at some of the utter dreck Juve have signed via their "grab players out of contract and pay them huge wages" tactic. Some absolute guff in that team.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Reckon Ronaldo crushes Messi in a game of darts, but Messi wins at laser tag.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ronaldo was a 2 iconic statues of himself. A large one where he has a massive boner and a statue of his head where he looks like a freak. How's Messi doing on statues?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
What are you expecting? Even Barca moved backwards with Messi in past 2-3 years despite the huge wages. You can't really only blame their best player for that. There are other problems.
I think he stays: he is 36yo, his wife loves Italy, his children do as well. His personal brand could still profit from the partnership with the broad Exor portfolio (Ferrari, a number of luxury brands at global level, and who knows what else going on under the radar). The only feasible option seems PSG, with him becoming the face of Qatar 2022 WC.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think he stays: he is 36yo, his wife loves Italy, his children do as well. His personal brand could still profit from the partnership with the broad Exor portfolio (Ferrari, a number of luxury brands at global level, and who knows what else going on under the radar). The only feasible option seems PSG, with him becoming the face of Qatar 2022 WC.
As he at least tried to learn and speak italian with his team mates or still speaks Spanish on the interviews?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
2 finals 1 in and 2 semi finals

More goals more assists and more influence on his national team.

120% far better. It’s actually not even close.
Nope, not at all, Ronaldo has stat padded against poorer average opponents than Messi has faced and here’s an even more detailed breakdown:

https://www.messivsronaldo.app/international-stats/

but I’m no longer going to bring Messi up (I only brought up Ronaldo’s Juventus era being remembered upon a big mistake but others brought up Messi in this thread)

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Nope, not at all, Ronaldo has stat padded against poorer average opponents than Messi has faced and here’s an even more detailed breakdown:

https://www.messivsronaldo.app/international-stats/

but I’m no longer going to bring Messi up (I only brought up Ronaldo’s Juventus era being remembered upon a big mistake but others brought up Messi in this thread)
I don't think you can call an opponent poor if they qualified for a certain competition. They're just as good as all the others who qualified.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I don't think you can call an opponent poor if they qualified for a certain competition. They're just as good as all the others who qualified.
this factors in friendlies as well, but more importantly the average Fifa ranking of Ronaldo’s opponents is much weaker than Messi’s but again I don’t want to bring Messi up here, there’s a separate thread for that.

Eddy_JukeZ

This myth that Ronaldo has been superb for Portugal while Messi has been average for Argentina is laughable.

Both of them have failed to replicate their club forms for their national teams.

Both of them likely aren't in the top 10 of national team performances only.

But Ronaldo fans will peddle his Euro 2016 win despite the fact that Ronaldo himself has had better tournaments than that individually. It's insane how team accomplishments can change the perception of individual performances.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Both of them have failed to replicate their club forms for their national teams.
That’s not true for Ronaldo since Paulo Bento became the coach.

Early on in his career (2004-2006) he was actually better in the national team than for his club which was United at the time.

There was only a time at the end of the Scolari era and during the Queiroz era that it was obvious he was underperforming in the national team.

Eddy_JukeZ

That’s not true for Ronaldo since Paulo Bento became the coach.

Early on in his career (2004-2006) he was actually better in the national team than for his club which was United at the time.

There was only a time at the end of the Scolari era and during the Queiroz era that it was obvious he was underperforming in the national team.
His best club form was never replicated for his national team. That was my point.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
This myth that Ronaldo has been superb for Portugal while Messi has been average for Argentina is laughable.

Both of them likely aren't in the top 10 of national team performances only.

But Ronaldo fans will peddle his Euro 2016 win despite the fact that Ronaldo himself has had better tournaments than that individually. It's insane how team accomplishments can change the perception of individual performances.
Clearly someone who hasn't seen Ronaldo for portugal for nearly two decades. Ask Portuguese national what they think of Ronaldo. None will complain whereas there are plenty of Argentine national fans who are disappointed with Messi not winning a world cup. Since Euro 2004 when Ronaldo was hardly a man he was carrying his team. Only now does portugal have a proper attack.

At the end fo the day you can argue or you can look at facts. Ronaldo won a euro with portugal and Messi has won zilch with a better team. Calling this a "myth" just shows how sensitive Messi fans are at Ronaldo's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.