Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

That sprint in second goal though, imagine a 33 years old still that fast in a counter. :drool:

Crashoutcassius

Interesting thing is dybala isn't playing? Ours fans going insane that Martial is playing despite him giving zero effort... imagine we weren't playing dybala there would be war

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Still getting himself in good positions. Once he gets on a good run, he'll settle down and prove himself yet again IMO.

Javi

I thought he looked ok physically by his standards today. Missed two sitters though so he could easily have gotten a hattrick and the two goals were nothing extraordinary for an elite striker. Jury still out on what asset he'll be in big games imo.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I thought he looked ok physically by his standards today. Missed two sitters though so he could easily have gotten a hattrick and the two goals were nothing extraordinary for an elite striker. Jury still out on what asset he'll be in big games imo.
I agree 100%.
He has yet to prove himself.

James Peril

The guy has won five ballon d’Ors, countless titles and Champions Leagues, as well as bringing a lesser country to winning the Euros.... has played four games for Juventus, winning all of them... and the jury’s still out? Jesus, give the guy a break :lol: He is not a god, he is 33 years old... and just scored two goals. He doesn’t have to prove anything and he’ll still decide big games, he’s born to do this, even at an older age.

SirAF

Ageist
The guy has won five ballon d’Ors, countless titles and Champions Leagues, as well as bringing a lesser country to winning the Euros.... has played four games for Juventus, winning all of them... and the jury’s still out? Jesus, give the guy a break :lol: He is not a god, he is 33 years old... and just scored two goals. He doesn’t have to prove anything and he’ll still decide big games, he’s born to do this, even at an older age.
:lol: The mind boggles!

MrEleson

He's Juve's equivalent of the Sanchez signing. Done great with his previous clubs but can't seem to get it going for his current club.
Not really. He's been far far better than Sanchez was in his first 4 games for United.

Colombian Mancunian

And still the haters will say Robben, Iniesta, and Ribery, were better than him at club level... And say that Eusebio was the best player ever to hail from Portugal (even when he didn’t win anything).

Ronaldo is an all time great, and has maintained his peak for more than a decade. He is top 5 of all time to me. So is Messi (who’s peak was higher but shorter).

MrEleson

And still the haters will say Robben, Iniesta, and Ribery, were better than him at club level
When you think of titles, individual accolades, records, longevity, status etc:

Ronaldo’s sheer body of work at club level probably exceeds all 3 of those players club careers combined.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
And say that Eusebio was the best player ever to hail from Portugal (even when he didn’t win anything).
You don't need to be a hater to have that opinion. Eusebio was extraordinary and his WC 66 surpasses anything Ronaldo has done for the NT. If you want to reduce that to "didn't win anything"... Well, I guess Ronaldo has got to thank Éder then.

Their careers were so different (and in so different eras) that it's impossible to compare their achievements, but I would not dare dismiss Eusebio. I still get mesmerized by every single clip I see of him, let alone his numbers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And still the haters will say Robben, Iniesta, and Ribery, were better than him at club level... And say that Eusebio was the best player ever to hail from Portugal (even when he didn’t win anything).

Ronaldo is an all time great, and has maintained his peak for more than a decade. He is top 5 of all time to me. So is Messi (who’s peak was higher but shorter).
Who actually says that? I've never heard anyone say Robben, Ribery etc were better at any level? Or is this is like a random Donald Trump haters and losers shade throwing?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
You don't need to be a hater to have that opinion. Eusebio was extraordinary and his WC 66 surpasses anything Ronaldo has done for the NT. If you want to reduce that to "didn't win anything"... Well, I guess Ronaldo has got to thank Éder then.

Their careers were so different (and in so different eras) that it's impossible to compare their achievements, but I would not dare dismiss Eusebio. I still get mesmerized by every single clip I see of him, let alone his numbers.
Thank god.

Eusebio scored 9 goals that tournament, finished ahead of Brazil (winners in 58', 62' and 70 with some Pelé dude amongst others) while putting 2 goals and them and now "Eusebio didn't won anything". God bless the 21st century culture of only winning accounts for something, it helps sports in a lot of ways, when European football becomes like the NBA with players only joining winning teams to get easy silverware everyone will moan about. At this rate we might see the next generation of goat level players join forces to win 5 UCL titles in a row with PSG or something.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The second goal is such a nice finish. Takes it in his stride and slots it in, and makes it all looks really simple.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Thank god.

Eusebio scored 9 goals that tournament, finished ahead of Brazil (winners in 58', 62' and 70 with some Pelé dude amongst others) while putting 2 goals and them and now "Eusebio didn't won anything". God bless the 21st century culture of only winning accounts for something, it helps sports in a lot of ways, when European football becomes like the NBA with players only joining winning teams to get easy silverware everyone will moan about. At this rate we might see the next generation of goat level players join forces to win 5 UCL titles in a row with PSG or something.
Yeah, he also played in 4 CL finals and finished his career with 57 goals in 75 European games.

Javi

Jury still out on what asset he'll be for Juventus, i.e. whether they are able to play to his strengths and he is able to introduce them to their team play. Obviously looking at his career he's second to none in world football. I apologize for not being clear.

Shiva87

And nobody has a problem with that? Last year he had a 1:1 ratio in la Liga, but actually he didn't score in half of the games he played. How is that possible? Because he scored a lot of braces and hat tricks.

Excuse me, but for me it's not the same to score 6 goals in 6 different games, than to score 2 hat tricks in a couple of games and 0 goals the other 4. On top of that, in most cases those hat tricks are not necessary for the victory, they are the 4th or 5th goal in the 85 minute in a 5-1 victory. The problem is that someone else has to score goals in those other 4 games.

The last time Madrid won la Liga, a couple of years ago, Ronaldo scored 25 and Morata 15. Morata's goals gave more points to Madrid than Ronaldo's. This is not an opinion you can look it up if you want, all the games with the scorers are in "Google".

Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo is a fantastic player, especially in CL, where he is a beast, a legend. But last year's CL it's an example of what I'm saying, he scored 15 goals, which is amazing. However he didn't score in the semifinals against Bayern or in the final against Liverpool.
Madrid had to score 7 goals in those 3 games to win the CL, he didn't score a single one, but the worst thing is that he didn't even participate in any of those 7 goals.

I'm sure he will score a lot of goals this season, I would be very surprised otherwise, but not all goals have the same value.
That's exactly why football is a team sport. Was he sitting on the bench for each of those 7 goals? If not, he participated. His movement would have created spaces which others benefit from.

So, according to you, Ronaldo is a great footballer only if, every time he plays, he scores. Every big game he plays he scores (season after season)?

Best of luck finding a football great in your lifetime.

Also, yes those hatticks are important for victory. Our game against Watford is a case in point. You need those to put a game to bed or the other team always has a chance. DDGs save from the header would not have been needed if we we're 3 goals up at half time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Should have scored 3 or 4 goals, which means once he is hitting form he will be getting a lot more.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Juventus match highlights on YouTube have gone from about 100,000 views to several million views this season.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
Thank god.

I love how everyone forgot that under logical old rules, Portugal wouldn't have gotten past the group stages

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Thank god.

Yeah, the obsession with only winning along with dick swinging contest in numbers and statistics is becoming infuriating.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I love how everyone forgot that under logical old rules, Portugal wouldn't have gotten past the group stages
The rules were changed YEARS ahead of the competition, Portugal played to the rules and did enough to get out of the group stage.

By your logic, plenty of CL winners down the years wouldn't have qualified under the old rules. :rolleyes:

NoLogo

Juventus match highlights on YouTube have gone from about 100,000 views to several million views this season.
He does pull in an incredible amount of attention and new fans, there is no doubt about that. Real back in the day got the deal of a life time with those 80M they spent on him and even Juve might have a chance making those 100M back in the long run with the additional attention and fans he is bringing in.

DizeeGorilla20

Really hope the ban is upheld. Couldn't bear the thought of Old Trafford laying out the red carpet for him again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's their key threat, but this could easily be the last chance we get to see him, so really hope the ban is either 1 game, or rescinded.

Only a second return in 9 years

Status
Not open for further replies.