Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good luck to him. This is fantastic business by Juventus. Ibrahimovic was leading the line for us at 35 before he did his knee. No reason why Juve can't get a few tremendous years out of Ronaldo with the way he maintains his physique.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It is set, but winning it with Juventus who is waiting for that CL all these years will lift it even further as ludicrous as it sounds.

And give a lot of ammunition in these lovely debates about him and Messi (that I can easily and luckily put on ignore though).
Those debates can feck off as far as I am concerned

wr8_utd

:'(
Indeed :lol: but hey, each to their own.

I’m just glad that there’ll be a wee bit less of a Madrid wankfest on these boards (hopefully!) tbh.
It's going to become a Juve wankfest now though

wr8_utd

:'(
There are a few United fans I know in group chats/social media that are properly seriously sad right now. I can’t understand the pining for a player that left us a decade ago and hasn’t once looked back.

At least now we can stop hearing “Bring Ronnie home” every transfer window.
They're going to support whoever Ronaldo plays for. Wonder what would happen if he'd ever moved to our rival.

Inter Yer Nan

The greatest club player ever and he's going to probably do something special at Juventus. He'll likely go down as a legend at the biggest club in the three countries with the biggest leagues. Potentially only 2nd player to ever win with 3 teams and 2nd player to win it 6x in addition to just about every other record.

Sanchez7

It is disappointing that he didn't return but my guess is that it was due to lack of interest from Ronaldo's side.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Without the support from Modric, Kroos and Marcelo Ronaldo won't win another Champions-League. Not the best move from Ronaldo, but sour grapes got the better of him and his 'more goals than games' record is safe.

We should be very happy, because Real will most likely be worse off next season and United should be able to stand a good chance against this Juventus side.

Cloud7

They're going to support whoever Ronaldo plays for. Wonder what would happen if he'd ever moved to our rival.
He could move to Liverpool, score a hat trick against us and kiss the badge in front of SAF, and people would say,”he still loves us. He loves how much United fans would cheer for him. United is in his heart” and “well you know Liverpool aren’t actually that bad. Messi and Barca are devil spawn!!1!”

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His move really end my interest on Madrid.

Always like Juventus since the 90's under Lippi. Del Piero, Baggio, Zidane, Nedved, Buffon, Davids, etc. and now Ronaldo.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He could move to Liverpool, score a hat trick against us and kiss the badge in front of SAF, and people would say,”he still loves us. He loves how much United fans would cheer for him. United is in his heart” and “well you know Liverpool aren’t actually that bad. Messi and Barca are devil spawn!!1!”
You're trying too hard, mate. Just let go the hate.

SirAF

Ageist
So you are also half serious ;) I don't have any obsession with him. I know you joke most of the time but I have met in real life some who are so fecking serious about him, they can get physical with you
:lol:

Yeah, I can see that

RedDevil@84

Juve should be able to now really challenge for the CL. A great deal for all parties involved.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I love the whopping pair of bollocks Ronaldo has. Absolutely nothing fazes him. Here he is at 33 making a move that further challenges him - adapting to a new team; a new league; a new language.

That’s why he’ll rightfully go down as Europe's greatest ever footballer and will always be in the discussion for the greatest footballer ever, full stop. I hope he tears it up over there.

Hojoon

I can't wait for Serie A vs. La Liga debates on the Ronaldo v Messi thread.

Cantonaaa!

Great for Serie A! It's the right move for him. It's a fairly competitive league, and a shot at winning both the league and CL during his time there.

If he wins the CL and league with them his career will be absolutely brilliant, more so than now.

Btw I'm happy he didn't return to us, and I'm definitely not a fan boy.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Replace him would have been a start.
They did with Valencia and we won the league and got to the CL final. I'd kill for that now to be honest.

Anyway replacing him has nothing to do with Ronaldo's transfer itself.

AndyJ1985

Serie A just became even more pointless. Imagine watching a league where you know exactly who will win the league before the season even starts.

Cloud7

You're trying too hard, mate. Just let go the hate.
No hate anymore mate. Hated Madrid so I could never wish him well there, but I wish him all the success he can have at Juve once it doesn’t hinge on our own success.

I just find the obsession a lot of our own fans have with him after so long is weird.

El Zoido

Still don’t believe this, think he’s still angling for a new contract at Madrid.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wow. Amazing transfer.

What a trophy cabinet he will have:
Premier League title and CL and Ballon D'or
La Liga title and CL and Ballon D'or
Serie A title and maybe a CL, and maybe Ballon D'or
European Championship, Portugal's first ever, and Ballon D'or

If he wins the CL with Juve :eek:
Corrected :D

el3mel

Wow, still can't believe for one summer Ronaldo sticks with his words and leaves Madrid.

Great signing for Juve. Ronlado's target will be to help them win a CL in the upcoming 2 seasons at least.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
From Ronaldo's perspective this makes a lot of sense for loads of reasons. Somehow I feel a player as good as he currently is deserves to be at a bigger and nicer club than Juventus though.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He's shit anyway, never wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.