Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

All this discussion but surely regardless of whether he stands, jumps or ducks he's interferring with play as he's stood in front of the keeper anyway.

el3mel

I just saw that goal :lol: Well typical Ronaldo tbh. It's always part of his character.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He clearly jumped in view of deflecting the ball but it's got nothing to do with his character, it's just a perfectly natural reaction at that speed for a goalscorer. Shame, would've been a beaut bf a goal for Dybala

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bit ridiculous to say that move was intentional to take the goal from Dybala. Just a instictive reaction.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Started slow, no goals or assists in the first 3 games. Since then he's scored or assisted in every single game bar the Inter game last week.

They start every game 1-0 up and with a defensive style of play they get a clean sheet more often than not. 15 wins and 1 draw so far in the league is incredible, the draw was easily avoidable too.

Don't think they'll win the Champions League this season, midfield is a couple levels below most other top teams and they can never control games for long periods even against smaller teams. Next year they're going to be stronger imo.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
Started slow, no goals or assists in the first 3 games. Since then he's scored or assisted in every single game bar the Inter game last week.

They start every game 1-0 up and with a defensive style of play they get a clean sheet more often than not. 15 wins and 1 draw so far in the league is incredible, the draw was easily avoidable too.

Don't think they'll win the Champions League this season, midfield is a couple levels below most other top teams and they can never control games for long periods even against smaller teams. Next year they're going to be stronger imo.
Lets see if we buy someone in the winter transfer window. Otherwise, Its going to be difficult and I agree.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
https://www.football-italia.net/132352/juventus-agree-new-adidas-deal

Juventus have announced an extension to their deal with Adidas, worth “a minimum” €408m between 2019-20 and 2026-27.

The Bianconeri announced a six-year deal with the German sportswear giant in 2015, worth €139.5m excluding bonuses.

That deal was due to expire in 2021, but today it has been confirmed that the deal has been extended by four years.

“Juventus Football Club S.p.A. and adidas Italy S.p.A. have modified the official partner agreement and extended the term of the agreement until 30 June 2027,” the club confirmed in a statement.

“The current agreement, which would expire on 30 June 2021, covered six football seasons starting from 2015/2016.

“The new agreement will relate to the period starting with season 2019/2020 and cover in total eight football seasons until 2026/2027.

“During this period adidas will be the technical partner of all Juventus teams for a minimum fixed consideration of €408m. The consideration does not include additional royalty payments upon exceeding a threshold of sales and sports performance bonuses.

“With respect to the excellent performance of the commercial partnership and to the increased visibility of the Juventus brand in 2018, adidas recognized an additional bonus of € 15 million for 2018, which will be paid prior to 31 December 2018.

“The other terms and conditions of the existing contract remain unchanged until the start of the new agreement in season 2019/2020.”
15 million bonus and an increase to 51 million per year minimum from Adidas rather than the 23 million per year they signed 3 years ago.

It's already been a success for Juve this.

NoLogo

I have to say I really like the Juventus Ronaldo. Seems much more of a team player in this squad than he ever was at Real. He might not produce the same numbers in terms of goals as he did in Spain but he is contributing a good amount of assists as well and actually works defensively. I never have been his biggest fan and probably won't ever be but the Ronaldo that is currently playing for Juve, is one that I really could start liking again unless he kicks us out of the CL or something like that. :lol:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He hasn’t been clinical enough so far at Juve but he’s doing all the right things.

Too many balls hitting the post or wonder saves but they’ll start going in at some point. Instead of a wonder save, the keeper will let a goal in, instead of deflecting out it will deflect in, etc.

He’s also clearly tired now, I think he’ll probably sit out the Boxing Day match

Deleted member 101472

He’s at Juve to score the goals that will lead them to the champions league and everything else is a bonus. 12 goals from 22 games is a decent return if your names not Ronaldo or Messi, I suspect he’ll be well aware of that record and trying to get close to a GPG ratio which I wouldn’t bet against him achieving.

He can do whatever he likes all season, he’ll ultimately be judged by whether or not he takes them to the champions league.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

Love how the fans shout during the celebration :lol:

Heatmap for the season at Juventus so far.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Rui Barros? One of the biggest flops of all the time in Serie A, not a difficult record to beat.

Trizy

Using still images to ascertain whether someone actively tried to head a ball is completely stupid, most of the time it'll prove both arguments. Every video I've seen has Ronaldo clearly make a jump and attempt a flick. Shit happens, it was probably instinctive on his part.

EDIT: From about 5 seconds into this one you can see it

This one makes it even clearer
Keeper would have saved that easily if Ronaldo didn't obstruct his vision. Someone with an agenda in that tweet I guess.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The guy always delivers, not many other players you would choose in the history of the game to come up with the goods when you need it.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Atletico Madrid will be very hard for them to beat. And to watch I may add.

Status
Not open for further replies.