Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Don't you think that he is playing too many minutes?
I thought he would have more rest for this part of the season
Definitely playing too much. He’s had the sending off vs Young Boys though, the suspension and been subbed off a few times like he was today.

2656 minutes played as of now, last year as of February 15th he had played 2259 minutes, in 2016/17 he had played 2313.

Past two seasons he had both an injury and a suspension that meant he started the season later though so with that in mind I don’t think it’s a big difference. Zidane only started resting him later in the season and Allegri definitely plans on doing the same if they get past Atletico.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Definitely playing too much. He’s had the sending off vs Young Boys though, the suspension and been subbed off a few times like he was today.

2656 minutes played as of now, last year as of February 15th he had played 2259 minutes, in 2016/17 he had played 2313.

Past two seasons he had both an injury and a suspension that meant he started the season later though so with that in mind I don’t think it’s a big difference. Zidane only started resting him later in the season and Allegri definitely plans on doing the same if they get past Atletico.
He's playing way too many minutes. He's 34 and always did well in the CL due to being rested more in the league, whereas at Juve I think he's played like their last 15 games straight.
Surely some of those games were absolutely disposable. I imagine that his willingness to play, some pressure to justify his signing ... I do not know.
these games are going to be very demanding. Atleti go with everything for the Champions.
Imagine that Morata eliminates him :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Guy's made of fecking titanium. How he's almost never injured while playing so much at such an intensity is insane.

I wish Robben had a bit of that.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
Leading goal scorer and assist provider , going to a new league, at age 34.

But but but, he can't dribble.
But but but, he's a selfish player.

But but but, i hate his guts.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't you think that he is playing too many minutes?
I thought he would have more rest for this part of the season
He rests during games, if he was exerting himself on the defensive end for instance, he wouldn't be able to sustain it. He manages himself very well and compensates when attacking.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Leading goal scorer and assist provider , going to a new league, at age 34.

But but but, he can't dribble.
But but but, he's a selfish player.

But but but, i hate his guts.
To be fair, I see him celebrating his teammates goals a LOT more than when he was at Madrid. Perhaps Juve is just the environment he needed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is going to end his career with 700+ career goals.
The man must bang.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Amazing player. I feel like his overall game is underrated since it is always compared to Messi. His overall play, passing and awareness etc is top class.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He rests during games, if he was exerting himself on the defensive end for instance, he wouldn't be able to sustain it. He manages himself very well and compensates when attacking.
He’s running more to help defensively than he ever did. Allegri has made him put in a shift defensively.

It’s not really true that he’s resting while playing

kouroux

He’s running more to help defensively than he ever did. Allegri has made him put in a shift defensively.

It’s not really true that he’s resting while playing
Barely more than at Madrid, you're making it sound like he's suddenly become a work horse when defending. He's very smart in how he manages his efforts.

He was at his entertaining best in 06/07. Perfect balance of goal scoring + making a mockery of defenders. :drool:
Definitely. He's had much better seasons since in terms of goals and has continued with an abundance of tremendous strikes since then, but with regards to dribbling and balancing flair with efficiency 06/07 was pretty much perfect.

07/08 was better but slightly less exciting. Emphasis on slightly as some of his long rangers against Porto, Portsmouth etc. were ridiculous.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Your analysis would be correct for almost every soccer player, except, this is C.Ronaldo. The guy is a machine and knows how to get the most out of his body. You argue that he is playing too much. He would probably argue that he hasn't played enough!
IMO, he can handle more minutes than he is currently playing, as the Italian league is slower paced. If he was in the EPL, I'd probably agree with you.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Barely more than at Madrid, you're making it sound like he's suddenly become a work horse when defending. He's very smart in how he manages his efforts.
A lot more than in Madrid, he hasn’t been managing his efforts at all this season.

He’s not a workhouse, but it’s definitely not the same version of Ronaldo that happened in Madrid for a long time. There’s been games where he’s had more tackles than shots.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus

Last year he played 5 or 6 matches for the national team and this year none. Accounting for those games there is no difference. In any event he wants to play and since he has shown over the years that he is a master at training his body I think we can trust he is doing the right thing and judging from the performances it looks like that. Yesterday on a counter he took 10 meters to a defender who is 8 years younger than him.

Also something that should not be underestimated is that last year he wanted out of Real so it is possible that in the league he was a bit less motivated to play than this year when he wants to show off in Serie A and set new records. The team is always most important but you cannot ignore the personal motivations of a player like Ronaldo

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
A lot more than in Madrid, he hasn’t been managing his efforts at all this season.

He’s not a workhouse, but it’s definitely not the same version of Ronaldo that happened in Madrid for a long time. There’s been games where he’s had more tackles than shots.
I very much doubt that, what games would they be?

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Your analysis would be correct for almost every soccer player, except, this is C.Ronaldo. The guy is a machine and knows how to get the most out of his body. You argue that he is playing too much. He would probably argue that he hasn't played enough!
IMO, he can handle more minutes than he is currently playing, as the Italian league is slower paced. If he was in the EPL, I'd probably agree with you.
yes al
C'mon now he plays for the best team in the league - a team so ahead of others it's kind of a joke to be honest
I wonder if he'd have similar stats if he played for Milan or Inter ;)
he would probably score similar amount because while weaker they tend to focus their goal efforts on 1 or 2 players while Juve rarely produces a top scorer while regularly topping the league . On the other end Juve tend to distribute goals among many players so far 15 this season out of the 19 employed not considering keepers.
In any case if you cannot appreciate the player and the greatness of what he is doing I do not think there is any logic argument that can convince you

United58

Guy's made of fecking titanium. How he's almost never injured while playing so much at such an intensity is insane.

I wish Robben had a bit of that.
Quick/tricky players that don't succumb to bad injuries are very lucky - obviously Ronaldo is one of the most dedicated athletes ever, but to have played 850 games with the type of tackles/fouls they have to ride and not had your career ended/seriously affected by a gruesome late challenge? Same with Messi, it blows my mind that players this good don't get taken out more, there's no amount of dedication that can stop a leg snapping in half from a two footer

Sterling Archer

Imagine having Ronaldo at 35 instead of Sanchez or Lukaku. It sounded whimsical and fanciful over the summer. But now... :nervous:

kouroux

I don't believe you'd type that with a straight face. He hasn't been doing what you're saying in most matches I've seen him play

gibers

Dominated the EPL, dominated La Liga and dominating Serie A. If he leads Juve to the cl he will be the undisputed GOAT for sure. Most complete player in history.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Dominated the EPL, dominated La Liga and dominating Serie A. If he leads Juve to the cl he will be the undisputed GOAT for sure. Most complete player in history.
The jizzing over CR on this forum is pure gold

:lol:

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
If he wins the CL with Juve ban anyone that claims there's anyone better for blasphemy!

Aloysius's Back 3

The underrating of C Ronaldo for a player that wouldn't exist without growth hormone injections is gold :lol:

And they call the guy natural :wenger:

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Imagine having Ronaldo at 35 instead of Sanchez or Lukaku. It sounded whimsical and fanciful over the summer. But now... :nervous:
There are some morons on here that said they wouldn't take Ronaldo back as it would set us back :lol:

Ronaldo at 35 is better than any striker we have ever had since Ronaldo was actually here.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I don't believe you'd type that with a straight face. He hasn't been doing what you're saying in most matches I've seen him play
I mean... it’s obvious. If you have seen Juventus defend a one goal lead this season then you’ve seen him defend near his own box

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Interesting thinking back to a few months ago when some were so upset by his celebration and the post-match comments after the Champions League win. While I was a little surprised myself by what Ronaldo said (less so the celebration) I thought the reaction to him by certain posters was way over the top. After all he hadn't played for us in years, was angry at losing a match Juve should have won and was really only critical of the United performance not the club as a whole. Part of me now wonders if none of this would have happened had Jose not been in charge given how acrimonious their relationship was by the end of Mourinho's tenure at Madrid.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Interesting thinking back to a few months ago when some were so upset by his celebration and the post-match comments after the Champions League win. While I was a little surprised myself by what Ronaldo said (less so the celebration) I thought the reaction to him by certain posters was way over the top. After all he hadn't played for us in years, was angry at losing a match Juve should have won and was really only critical of the United performance not the club as a whole. Part of me now wonders if none of this would have happened had Jose not been in charge given how acrimonious their relationship was by the end of Mourinho's tenure at Madrid.
People would be upset if any other player said it, let alone Ronaldo who many of you worship at every step and pretend he is still United fan when he obviously couldn't care less about United.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
There are some morons on here that said they wouldn't take Ronaldo back as it would set us back :lol:

Ronaldo at 35 is better than any striker we have ever had since Ronaldo was actually here.
There were people who were saying this in 2013/2014. They deemed him too old. :lol:

wr8_utd

:'(

It's full of people who still can't move on from his departure a decade ago. I think United and Madrid fans are the only bunch who so consistently think Ronaldo is GOAT. I've rarely met fans of any other clubs who hold this opinion.

wr8_utd

People would be upset if any other player said it, let alone Ronaldo who many of you worship at every step and pretend he is still United fan when he obviously couldn't care less about United.
He is when it's time to win a new contract.

wr8_utd

Ronaldo's goal return is certainly impressive. Seems like the old men are doing well there though. Quaglierella (36 now) and at Sampdoria is just 3 goals behind Ronaldo with 150 lesser minutes played.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

It's full of people who still can't move on from his departure a decade ago. I think United and Madrid fans are the only bunch who so consistently think Ronaldo is GOAT. I've rarely met fans of any other clubs who hold this opinion.
Ronaldo fanbois don't half arse it with their worshipping do they ?
Beautiful. It’s like an orchestra or a group of birds flying in a perfect V shape.

Aloysius's Back 3

@Peyroteo you see this :lol:

The fans who see Ronaldo as the greatest of footballer of all time (or close to being ) are the fans that could not move on from his departure years ago - apparently ;)

Seems much more appropriate the other way around doesn't it? :lol:

These guys are all playing the player down to not just Messi but to Eusebio & Fat Ronaldo now :rolleyes: looks like some fans haven't moved on from his departure & hiding C Ronaldo under the books as much as they can!

I, as a fan did not think C. Ronaldo was the GOAT for what he did for united; just 1 world class season for us.- but his consistent performances for real Madrid plus his decent amount of help towards an euro with Portugal shifted my view on him. Then I see that at his age he has hardly regressed & isnt hanging his boots after winning everything he possibly can at Madrid - only to join Juventus?

I see him doing well there & that's where I look back at an astonishing career that is not resembled by no one else. That's got nothing to do with being a United fan & in my eyes its fans like these that have a problem against Ronaldo for leaving us :( poor guys struggling to move on..

Aloysius's Back 3

@Peyroteo you see this :lol:

The fans who see Ronaldo as the greatest of footballer of all time (or close to being ) are the fans that could not move on from his departure years ago - apparently ;)

Seems much more appropriate the other way around doesn't it? :lol:

These guys are all playing the player down to not just Messi but to Eusebio & Fat Ronaldo now :rolleyes: looks like some fans haven't moved on from his departure & hiding C Ronaldo under the books as much as they can!

I, as a fan did not think C. Ronaldo was the GOAT for what he did for united; just 1 world class season for us.- but his consistent performances for real Madrid plus his decent amount of help towards an euro with Portugal shifted my view on him. Then I see that at his age he has hardly regressed & isnt hanging his boots after winning everything he possibly can at Madrid - only to join Juventus?

I see him doing well there & that's where I look back at an astonishing career that is not resembled by no one. That's got nothing to do with being a United fan & in my eyes its fans like these that have a problem against Ronaldo for leaving us :( poor guys..

kouroux

I mean... it’s obvious. If you have seen Juventus defend a one goal lead this season then you’ve seen him defend near his own box
Wow, I've seen him defend in his own box at Real Madrid too. Even the Juve fan is surprised by what you said.
Ronaldo is an all time great so there is no need to invent things about him to praise him even more.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Wow, I've seen him defend in his own box at Real Madrid too. Even the Juve fan is surprised by what you said.
Ronaldo is an all time great so there is no need to invent things about him to praise him even more.
He’s working more defensively at Juventus than he ever did in Madrid, that’s a fact. It’s not an opinion.

It’s mostly because Juventus are a more defensive team and they find themselves in those positions a lot more often, doesn’t make it any less true.

I’m not inventing anything for fecks sake, I watch the games.

Last edited:

kouroux

He’s working more defensively at Juventus than he ever did in Madrid, that’s a fact. It’s not an opinion.

It’s mostly because Juventus are a more defensive team and they find themselves in those positions a lot more often, doesn’t make it any less true.

I’m not inventing anything for fecks sake, I watch the games.
Sorry but I'm not having it, just my opinion. It doesn't matter really tbh, he doesn't work as hard as say Manzukic or any typical CF which allows him to focus more on attacks and maintain his fitness. Lebron James has been doing it for years too, contribute a minimum to nothing when defending

Status
Not open for further replies.