Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
It's full of people who still can't move on from his departure a decade ago. I think United and Madrid fans are the only bunch who so consistently think Ronaldo is GOAT. I've rarely met fans of any other clubs who hold this opinion.
You should meet more people then.

Edit: please move on from the fact that he left your club. That might reduce the toxicity

MrEleson

It's full of people who still can't move on from his departure a decade ago. I think United and Madrid fans are the only bunch who so consistently think Ronaldo is GOAT. I've rarely met fans of any other clubs who hold this opinion.
I’ve met many non United and Madrid supporters who regard him as the best ever.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo's goal return is certainly impressive. Seems like the old men are doing well there though. Quaglierella (36 now) and at Sampdoria is just 3 goals behind Ronaldo with 150 lesser minutes played.
This is credit to Quagliarella. He managed to score more than many young top players there this season.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
You're a rooney fan. I seem to remember you thought rooney was the better player at one point :lol:

Grande

2004/05 and the first half of 2005/06 Rooney was the better player
Agreed. Interrestingly, though I’d say they both were technically highly talented players who lifted their technique beyond most other players in the world through enormous amounts of technical training (Rooney thought it was endless fun and Ronaldo was endlessly driven), they had opposite trajectories when it came toteo things: physicality and directness. Rooney was a physical beast at 18, explosive, strong, relentless and agile, and only ever declined bit by bit, probably due to lack of systematic lifestyle and early hormonal development curve. Ronaldo, however, was quick an agile like hoards of talented youngsters, but due to his driven and systematic neverending improvement of his body, at 30 he was thrice the football athlete Rooney was at the same age.

The directness was not really in decline much with Rooney, however I have never seen a more instinctual goal-directed 16 year old. Every molecule and movementbore the shortest way towards goal, wether through a shot, a run or even a pass. With age and injuries he become slower, yet more sophisticated, hence a tad less direct, though also the later memories witness to how eager he was towards goal (bicycle goal, 50-yard-pass to RvP, half line goal ...). Ronaldo was partly ineffectual, focusing on skills and artistry) and first became really important at United when he laid off the stepovers and started doing 50-yard straight runs at full speed taking us from dfense to attack in five seconds. Then crosses, then goals. He has rationalized himself every year for fifteen years now.

It’s funny, at one time there were three supertalents in the world, and we had two of them. No wonder 2006-2009 was maybe our best era.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Big game is on Wednesday though.

Just to put into perspective what he’s doing, Juve has 64 goals all season so far, he’s scored 21 and assisted 12.

“Who cares that he’s leading Serie A in goals and assists at 34 if he doesn’t make my private parts tingle when I watch him though?”

Ronaldinho and R9 are what’s up :lol:
Piatek and Quagliarella are only 2(3) goals behind him and they play for average teams.
And please, don't put Cristiano in same sentence with true football wizards Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Piatek and Quagliarella are only 2(3) goals behind him and they play for average teams.
And please, don't put Cristiano in same sentence with true football wizards Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.
The real Ronaldo..Cristiano Ronaldo can be in the same sentence as any footballer that usually happens when you are the GOAT don/t get it confused now.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He eats Modric for lunch.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The real Ronaldo..Cristiano Ronaldo can be in the same sentence as any footballer that usually happens when you are the GOAT don/t get it confused now.
False Ronaldo Goat?:lol::lol:. With Messi or Maradona around? Ha ha, that is a good joke. You are aware that only Madrid and some United fans think that? Bloody hell, i was a fanboy of some players, every fan was but you put that term on another level.

He is in top 10, i am not arguing that but goat?:eek:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
False Ronaldo Goat?:lol::lol:. With Messi or Maradona around? Ha ha, that is a good joke. You are aware that only Madrid and some United fans think that? Bloody hell, i was a fanboy of some players, every fan was but you put that term on another level.

I don't know anyone reasonable who thinks he is number 1. By the way the Modric comparison was only a joke. :D

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

Listen and this is quite simple. The past 15 years Ronaldo vs Messi has been the great debate so if Messi is in the "goat" debate the Ronaldo surely is considering he has bested Messi. Its amazing how underrated and under appreciated this man is on here.

In my opinion Ronaldo and Messi are both 1 and 2 of all time. Pele is overrated.

MrEleson

If a 25 year old Neymar went for €220M in this market, how much would a 25 year old Ronaldo go for? (not knowing how long he would remain at the top). Just based on ability at the time. Also, considering he's even more marketable than Neymar.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Listen and this is quite simple. The past 15 years Ronaldo vs Messi has been the great debate so if Messi is in the "goat" debate the Ronaldo surely is considering he has bested Messi. Its amazing how underrated and under appreciated this man is on here.

In my opinion Ronaldo and Messi are both 1 and 2 of all time. Pele is overrated.
If Cristiano Ronaldo is football's greatest ever exponent then what does that say about it relative to other sports? You're talking about thee world sport here remember.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Average teams? You don’t watch them though, you picked Leonardo Bonucci as the best Serie A player..

You do not even watch the games yet the hatred makes you comment here, that’s all there is to it. There’s no point in anyone arguing with someone who literally hasn’t even seen the events which he’s arguing about...

Oh boy how I hate this diving prick Ronaldo
Delighted. Imo, Juve is first fav for CL and we won. Away.
1. Stop playing Lingard, Jose
2. feck you ronaldo. Fuuuuck you.
Easy 2.0 for us. Come on United. Make “slave” Ronaldo cry
But but it is Ronaldo. Poor guy. He was slave here.

fecking prick
Cheering against ronaldos team. As usual.

Oh yeeees, cavani!!
is the main reason( except the one that i don't like drama queens players) why i don't want him. It would be basically like this; we bought him, invested in him money and time, then loaned him on 9 season for free and now when he is nearly finished, we get him back. feck that.
I know that ronaldo fans will hate me because of this but the way how he left and because of the fact that we could have won so much trophies with him( we had fantastic squad then) is still painful to me so that prick can feck himself.
When your wife leaves you because of another guy, you don't want her back. Right?
Finally, in one thread we are on the same page:). I don't get it either. Prick did everything to leave this club , gave best years to another club, kicked us out from Europe in last Fergie season and still people want to give him red carpet and flowers and kisses. feck that egoistic traitor.
It’s been a decade mate, you need to move on. It’s football, players come and go.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Do you have any idea how many goals Ronaldinho and L.Ronaldo scored at top league in similar age? L.Ronaldino scored 9 goals in 2 years (average 4.5 goals per season) at that age in Milan, Ronaldinho scored 25 goals in 3 years (average 8 goals a season) in Milan at that age too.

MrEleson

Wasn’t Ronaldinho practically retired at 34? I remember him already back in Brazil playing for Flamengo as early as 31.
I also read reports at the time that R9 could barely walk up a flight of stairs without experiencing pain and discomfort when he was around 32-33. Comparing them at 34 to current CR; they may aswell have been dead men walking.

EDIT: wow just checked. Ronaldinho is still only 38 years old.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Ronaldinho and R9 are pretty much in the same generation as Cristiano. The first is 4 years older and the second is 8 years older...

Cristiano is 7 years older than Neymar as a comparison.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wasn’t Ronaldinho practically retired at 34? I remember him already back in Brazil playing for Flamengo as early as 31.
I also read reports at the time that R9 could barely walk up a flight of stairs without experiencing pain and discomfort when he was around 32-33. Comparing them at 34 to current CR; they may aswell have been dead men walking.

Yeh basically at that age both Ronaldinho and Ronaldo are unable to play in top league anymore, they are done. I basically compare them at age 30 with Ronaldo at 34.

MrEleson

When you really analyse it; Ronaldinho’s fall from grace was pretty spectacular. He couldn’t even make Brazil’s 2010 squad when he was barely 30 years old. One of the weakest Brazil squads ever at that... if not the weakest. The star players of the team were a past it Kaka, Luis Fabiano up front and Robinho. Then you had guys like Elano and Felipe Melo in midfield who were decent players but nothing special and then Michel Bastos at LB. Even Dani Alves a defender was playing midfield in some games during the tournament...such was the dearth of quality in the team. How he wasn’t even good enough to make that squad is incredible. Moreover, a 23 year old Ronaldo and 21 year old Messi had already surpassed him while he was still 28.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Some are just more commited than others. Look at Zlatan at 34/35 absolutely bossing it. Ronaldo 9 obviously had injuries.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Average teams? You don’t watch them though, you picked Leonardo Bonucci as the best Serie A player.
You are really special case. You keep saying i don't watch them. Based on what? Because i don't share your opinion? Opinion of the guy who thinks that Genoa and Sampdoria( presuming that we didn't talk about Milan) are not average teams. Yeah, they are top class teams.
Your stand in every topic is really annoying. You present your opinion as some fact, some holly truth which people must follow.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
They play for average teams. Not sure how anyone can deny 10th placed and 13th placed teams are anything but average or below that.
I did not say they weren’t average teams.

I was asking him how he could possibly have that opinion since I guarantee you he does not watch the games.

This guy picked Leonardo Bonucci as Serie A’s best centreback... he can lie whatever he want but he does not even watch the games.

You are really special case. You keep saying i don't watch them. Based on what? Because i don't share your opinion? Opinion of the guy who thinks that Genoa and Sampdoria( presuming that we didn't talk about Milan) are not average teams. Yeah, they are top class teams.
Your stand in every topic is really annoying. You present your opinion as some fact, some holly truth which people must follow.
Believe it or not some footballing opinions can just be wrong. If I say Heskey is better than Messi it’s not an opinion that can’t be criticized, it’s just stupidity.

Saying Bonucci is Serie A’s best CB fits into that. It’s just so incredibly far away from the truth that it’s obvious you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

I’m not being disrespectful of other opinions for calling that stupid.

1) Start watching the games

2) Sort out your abandonment issues, it’s been a decade

Cal?

CR7 fan
:lol: true football wizard Luiz Ronaldo (in 1 of the only 2 seasons at his best) was outscored by mighty Bierhoff

Seriously, do you even think over your comments before digging a hole for yourself?

Shinjch

Surely Bierhoff is a great player if he was a key player in his team winning the Euros?

I mean he even played all of the final his team won and managed to score the two goals.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Surely Bierhoff is a great player if he was a key player in his team winning the Euros?

I mean he even played all of the final his team won and managed to score the two goals.
Has anyone ever argued winning an INT trophy makes a great player?

Shinjch

I was saying it with my tongue firmly embedded in my cheek. Apologies if the tone wasn't conveyed properly.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Cristiano's fanboys here are like a gang, ffs. Do you all get " Ronaldo is attacked, Ronaldo is attacked" message in inbox?
It reminds me on AVP movie when queen sends aliens to protect her.
Ok, i get a message. I will stay away from this thread. You protected him. Good work. HE would be proud.

SirAF

Ageist
Cristiano's fanboys here are like a gang, ffs. Do you all get " Ronaldo is attacked, Ronaldo is attacked" message in inbox?
Ok, i get a message. I will stay away from this thread. You protected him. Good work. HE would be proud.
Who pissed in your cornflakes? :lol:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
:lol:

He got praised 3 comments in a row and it led to you and 5 others being wound up... did you get a message in your inbox too? You’re doing the exact same of the people you’re criticizing, just at a bigger scale and instead of being positive and complementary of someone, you do the exact opposite which is a lot worse.

He left, it’s been a decade... I think you just need to have a good cry about it instead of letting the bitterness grow inside you.

Acceptance is the last stage of grief.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
SIIIII, Viva... am I doing this right? :confused::houllier:
Juve are playing the complete opposite to his strengths. It's like they've bought a shiny sword & given it to a kickboxer with no arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.