Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So it wasn't Modric - Kroos who made Ronaldo look better, it's other way around. Ronaldo makes everyone look better than they are with his goal scoring ability.

Luke1995

He is close to reaching Romario in official goals. That's insane when you consider that he played until 41 and Ronaldo could get ahead of him before turning 36.

Canagel

So it wasn't Modric - Kroos who made Ronaldo look better, it's other way around. Ronaldo makes everyone look better than they are with his goal scoring ability.
Modric getting ballon dor looks even more stupid now. goals are not a joke. pass all you want, top striker is what you wins the titles.

Bojan11

Modric getting ballon dor looks even more stupid now. goals are not a joke. pass all you want, top striker is what you wins the titles.
Modric only got it because he reached both finals. He wasn’t even the best midfielder in the World Cup final match.

Don’t get me wrong Modric is great. But the only midfielders who deserves to win it whilst Messi and Ronaldo have been around are Xavi/Iniesta.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Couldn't have asked for more than what he gave tonight. Juve played hoofball yet somehow managed to look like the more creative team of the two :lol: But I guess when your target man is Ronaldo, just getting the ball to him is all that really matters.

Was that a €100m performance on its own? I bet many Juve fans would say so.
I think many juve fans would say your post is silly

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Modric got to be one of the the worst ever winner of Ballon D'or, alongside with Owen perhaps. He wasn't anywhere near top 5 player in CL or La Liga in 2018, and he didn't the WC either.

Canagel

Modric only got it because he reached both finals. He wasn’t even the best midfielder in the World Cup final match.

Don’t get me wrong Modric is great. But the only midfielders who deserves to win it whilst Messi and Ronaldo have been around are Xavi/Iniesta.
which was obviously wrong. it's not who reached a final award - it's who was the best performer in the year and he clearly wasnt. even Xavi and Iniesta is debatable. but their quality is never in doubt as they lead Spain to a World cup and back to back Euros so either wouldve been a deserved winner.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Modric is a great footballer, was the best midfielder in the world for a couple of years and very important for Madrid but what happened last year is what the media can do. He's not one, but two levels below. The difference in level of performances between Modric and for example Rakitic (both for club and at the WC) and the difference in recognition they got by the media was complete insanity.

At least 2 years of constant propaganda about Madrid making Ronaldo look better than he is with 'the best midfield in the world'... now Madrid's season is over while Juve are in the CL quarters and on course to break the points total in Serie A.

Ronaldo's legacy at Madrid has risen massively without him playing one game for them this season. Let's see what happens now that Zidane is back, 2 years after Di Stefano left they were winning the European Cup without him so you never know.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Always was that way but he is underrated in here more then anyone it seems.

SportingCP96

Supports
Modric is a great footballer, was the best midfielder in the world for a couple of years and very important for Madrid but what happened last year is what the media can do. He's not one, but two levels below. The difference in level of performances between Modric and for example Rakitic (both for club and at the WC) and the difference in recognition they got by the media was complete insanity.

At least 2 years of constant propaganda about Madrid making Ronaldo look better than he is with 'the best midfield in the world'... now Madrid's season is over while Juve are in the CL quarters and on course to break the points total in Serie A.

Ronaldo's legacy at Madrid has risen massively without him playing one game for them this season. Let's see what happens now that Zidane is back, 2 years after Di Stefano left they were winning the European Cup without him so you never know.
Who ever thought modric was the best player in the world was lying or drunk.

MrEleson

He is close to reaching Romario in official goals. That's insane when you consider that he played until 41 and Ronaldo could get ahead of him before turning 36.
And he's played every single one of his games at the highest level too unlike the Brazilian who went back to Brazil and played at a slightly lower level.

roonster09

Scout
I wouldn't say Ronaldo is underrated here. On a poll he got 50% votes. It's just few silly Barca fans and Messi fan boys.

roonster09

Scout
I agree. I felt Modric performance was just overrated(in world cup) for the sake of it.

VJ1762

I don't know how he is underrated when he won the World player of the year with us. Just because people say Messi is better doesn't make Ronaldo any less amazing. Ultimately, it's just your preference.

Kapardin

Seeing Zidane's CL wins in a different light. Fact is, even when Ronaldo is not scoring, he is a massive influence on his teammates' mentality. Juve would have bottled the tie for sure in any other season.

Will be interesting to see how much success Zidane has in the CL without Ronaldo.

MrEleson

He's scored nearly 200 goals since turning 30 without including his goals for Juve. He could have resigned for Man Utd in that time and become the club's all-time top scorer whilst shattering Alan Shearer's premier league record and be off to Italy without skipping a beat.

tieunhilang

What a player.

Manchester United: We overturned a 2-0 aggregate score.
Ronaldo: Hold my Bugatti.
Not really, we overcame the impossible with a youth team on hostile away territory, against a PSG with Mbappe at the top. Ronaldo's performance was spectacular, but it could not be compared to the magical night we all experienced in Paris. People looked at the Juventus match, they only saw Ronaldo. People looked at our match, they saw Manchester United.

Reactions: Penna

SportingCP96

Supports
I don't know how he is underrated when he won the World player of the year with us. Just because people say Messi is better doesn't make Ronaldo any less amazing. Ultimately, it's just your preference.
On this forum though he gets downplayed by a pretty high percentage.

SportingCP96

Supports
I wouldn't say Ronaldo is underrated here. On a poll he got 50% votes. It's just few silly Barca fans and Messi fan boys.
The poll is fixed on 50% so people dont start riots.

roonster09

Scout
The poll is fixed on 50% so people dont start riots.
So they are rated very closely. Not sure where this "Ronaldo is underrated" is coming from.

If you expect Ronaldo to win by huge margin or even win against Messi then it will never happen. Doesn't mean he isn't rated.

SportingCP96

Supports
So they are rated very closely. Not sure where this "Ronaldo is underrated" is coming from.

If you expect Ronaldo to win by huge margin or even win against Messi then it will never happen. Doesn't mean he isn't rated.
On the Caf there are always excuses made when Ronaldo wins and the script is flipped when Messi does that is all I am saying. For example had Messi won 3x CL in a row and won a Copa America and that poll would not be 50-50. Anything Ronaldo does or wins its always " oh but he had this and that and that and this"

I dont expect either to win by big margin in fact if one is better then the other it is by .001 percent in my book because it truly is that close.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They are getting what they invested in, to be the difference maker in ucl.
Far too early to say that. He only had one goal in CL prior to today.

Amazing performance today for sure, but still a long way to go this season in CL. One great match doesn’t change that, but regardless of what happens at Juventus (should he never win CL with them) his legacy is obviously set

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Amazing performance today for sure, but still a long way to go this season in CL. One great match doesn’t change that, but regardless of what happens at Juventus (should he never win CL with them) his legacy is obviously set
Right but the group stages don't seem to interest him as much, it was the same last year.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Right but the group stages don't seem to interest him as much, it was the same last year.
Hogwash, he was slumping hard last season both in La Liga and CL to start the year. To his credit his game picked up before falling off after the quarter finals last year.

I don’t even think he’s been bad at all in this year's CL, far from it, but this really is the first game in CL this season where you can say he was fantastic.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hogwash, he was slumping hard last season both in La Liga and CL to start the year. To his credit his game picked up before falling off after the quarter finals last year.

I don’t even think he’s been bad at all in this year's CL, far from it, but this really is the first game in CL this season where you can say he was fantastic.
That's what I meant more or less in the CL. He only woke up when the real big games began.

Patrick08

That volley against us, he has been the same for almost 2-3 seasons now, he steps up in high profile matches in champions league advanced stages and that's exactly what he did last night.

MrEleson

Hogwash, he was slumping hard last season both in La Liga and CL to start the year.
Maybe in La Liga but he was still scoring for fun in the CL last season. He set a record for the most consecutive games scored in in the competition last season with the streak starting from the previous season.

roonster09

Scout

IIRC he scored in 10 out of 10 CL games or something like that last season. Scored in all group stage games.

Lelouch geass

Would be so fun if manutd knocks juve 2-1 in pathetic way playing crappy football this season again. Ronaldo to score then long shot deflected by herera and matic in header. I just dont get the hype when Ronaldo chapter should be closed by united fans yet we are still obsessed. Ofcourse football wise he is the GOAT but last match vs United got on nerves

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Only hogwash is you making up stuff, Ronaldo scored in every group stage last season. In fact he scored 15 goals in first 10 games but didn’t score in last 3.

In La Liga he went on a tear after winter break and finished close to leagues top scorer. He topped it off with 4 goals in 4 appearances in WC too. He had another outstanding season last year, its just that few cynics stuck on his non-scoring performances in SF/F to beat him with.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
United look like suckers for not resigning him. He’s a goalscoring machine 99m plus withever wages for 3 years of Ronaldo is completely worth it. Just don’t get why United didn’t go all out for him you can easily afford it and his commercial appeal is obvious.

roonster09

Scout
United look like suckers for not resigning him. He’s a goalscoring machine 99m plus withever wages for 3 years of Ronaldo is completely worth it. Just don’t get why United didn’t go all out for him you can easily afford it and his commercial appeal is obvious.
Yeah, he was begging to join us only for us to close the door :houllier:

Patrick08

We missed a lot of top attacking players under mourinho. Also who would have known he was indeed moving after we just got Sanchez on big money 6 months earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.