Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Hope he has something to show against the Ukrainians.

Supports
Ajax
€20K for the ball grabbing, no suspension. As expected.
That's less than an hours work for him (which in itself is ridiculous, but I digress). He's not going to notice this which means no change in behaviour, so a rather pointless pro forma penalty really. As often, evokes the idea that stars can get away with any behaviour. Would have been nice to see a suspension honestly.

And yeah, would have gone for the Atletico trainer as well, who earning over €20 million supposedly, won't have felt that either. If you look at a speeding ticket for comparison, you'd be looking at 5-10% of a regular person's average monthly salary. So for a salary of over €20 million, or more than €1.6 million a month, you'd be looking at a €83K penalty or so to make it comparable by ratio and then it'd still be felt far less as you can do much more with the remainder.

Taking a card on purpose gave Ramos an added match suspension. He'll remember and feel that for the coming years if not longer, as he'll be reminded of its consequences often enough. It'll be part of his legacy, a dark stain on his captaining Madrid. It's a blow to his ego. I very much doubt he'll do it again unless he's that stupid.

That's pretty much the only way you can make these people feel it at this point, as even a fine worth millions would be shrugged off in annoyance.

Ah well.

Reactions: Sultan

SirAF

Ageist
That's less than an hours work for him (which in itself is ridiculous, but I digress). He's not going to notice this which means no change in behaviour, so a rather pointless pro forma penalty really. As often, evokes the idea that stars can get away with any behaviour. Would have been nice to see a suspension honestly.

And yeah, would have gone for the Atletico trainer as well, who earning over €20 million supposedly, won't have felt that either. If you look at a speeding ticket for comparison, you'd be looking at 5-10% of a regular person's average monthly salary. So for a salary of over €20 million, or more than €1.6 million a month, you'd be looking at a €83K penalty or so to make it comparable by ratio and then it'd still be felt far less as you can do much more with the remainder.

Taking a card on purpose gave Ramos an added match suspension. He'll remember and feel that for the coming years if not longer, as he'll be reminded of its consequences often enough. It'll be part of his legacy, a dark stain on his captaining Madrid. It's a blow to his ego. I very much doubt he'll do it again unless he's that stupid.

That's pretty much the only way you can make these people feel it at this point, as even a fine worth millions would be shrugged off in annoyance.

Ah well.
A suspension for that gesture would have been ridiculous in both Ronaldo and Simeone’s case.

Supports
Ajax
A suspension for that gesture would have been ridiculous in both Ronaldo and Simeone’s case.
Exactly, frankly even charging and fining them was stupid
Any sort of profanity and provocation of opponents or public is against the rules of acceptable behaviour.

So there is that... I ref myself, it would receive a booking from me whether it’d be a junior match or seniors. It’s just disrespectful behaviour that provokes worse.

Whether you personally don’t care because you swear and make rude gestures at your neighbours, mother, teacher, cops or santa is not going to be my problem on the pitch. It’d be yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Still injured. Won’t play tomorrow vs Milan and might miss the first leg vs Ajax... at his age any injury is a reason for concern so hopefully he doesn’t risk it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would be great news for Ajax, Juve missing Ronny.

I dont think Ajax have much of a chance either way but hell, I didnt think they'd have much of a chance after losing the first leg against Real

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Starting. Never in doubt.
I don't think there's a manager brave enough in the world to tell Ronaldo he can't start a knockout CL game. He could have a broken leg & he'd still want to play.

Will be a tough game for him/Juve.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Knockout Ronaldo is like Hoodie Melo. Fecking unplayable. No one like him ever in knockout games.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Normal service

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Wait I thought he was injured?

Cracking goal though, incredible movement.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Right back that can cross? What is this magic?

Great play though, and another crucial goal for Ronaldo! Incredible.
Pretty sure Young needs a guide dog to cross the road.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Don't think he's injured at all, seemed completely recovered. He was great when actually attacking, not easy to play as a forward when you spend 80% of the game in your own half though.

This Juve team is still missing something extra, they get dominated so easily by teams that can press and pass the ball around. All the injuries don't help though.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Big mistake from Blind there, letting Ronaldo free run to the box.
Someone had to close Cancelo down... De Ligt tracked Bentancur, Veltman was (rightly) shitscared of a far post cross to Mandzukic... think De Jong should have been the one to track him but it’s not easy for him to see what was going on behind him.

A big advantage that Ronaldo has at Juve over Madrid is that the midfielders (Bentancur, Khedira, Matuidi, Can, Bernardeschi) will regularly attack the box for crosses, distracting the CBs and leaving him a lot more space. It’s a shame the delivery into the box is not as good as in Madrid though, this goal being one of the few exceptions.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Don't think he's injured at all, seemed completely recovered. He was great when actually attacking, not easy to play as a forward when you spend 80% of the game in your own half though.

This Juve team is still missing something extra, they get dominated so easily by teams that can press and pass the ball around. All the injuries don't help though.
Juventus doesn't have a team to go to the final, the midfield is weak we saw yesterday when Cancelo lost the ball a mile away from his goal and basically 2 players beat the midfield and defense.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Juventus doesn't have a team to go to the final, the midfield is weak we saw yesterday when Cancelo lost the ball a mile away from his goal and basically 2 players beat the midfield and defense.
All they need to do is defend tight, which they can and create a few crosses for Ronaldo or even Mandzukic. They have the team to win it I think. Their biggest threat is Liverpool for me, Man City is so underwhelming in Europe

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
They are far from being the finished product and have clear weaknesses to be improved in the summer, that's true. They can still get to the final regardless though.

Status
Not open for further replies.