Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It's literally the same team that eased to the double and reached the Cl quarterfinals in 17/18.
They played poor last season as well. There luck is they had no challengers at all. Did you watch Juve last year?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They played poor last season as well. There luck is they had no challengers at all. Did you watch Juve last year?
24 wins and 3 draws in the first 27 games

What happened against ajax was a disaster, and allegri paid for it

This attempt to make it look like they weren't a fecking great team is hilarious

SportingCP96

Supports
24 wins and 3 draws in the first 27 games

What happened against ajax was a disaster, and allegri paid for it

This attempt to make it look like they weren't a fecking great team is hilarious
Mate there individual quality won them a lot of games...it’s not as if they were outclassing and outplaying every one who came in there way. Check the Juventus forum and the opinion is the same the team was and is poor going forward and there are only 2 players who add any sort of pace to the team the rest of the chances revolve around countless crosses and long balls.

Winning a lot does not mean playing well which is why they were dispatched by Ajax.

There was a reason Allegri got sacked and a reason the fans were happy to see it happen. One of there problems is the midfield which is out right poor for a team aiming to win the CL.

It was good enough to stroll a weak série A the past 8 years but the league now looks a lot more competitive with a lot of good teams. They won 1-0 in the first game and won 4-3 by divine intervention, the Fiorentina game showcased how poor and clueless they are going forward and that will be even more evident with the Douglas costa and pjanic injuries as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mate there individual quality won them a lot of games...it’s not as if they were outclassing and outplaying every one who came in there way.
Yeah, and? They were still winning. And not by chance. You don't get those results by chance

Check the Juventus forum and the opinion is the same the team was and is poor going forward and there are only 2 players who add any sort of pace to the team the rest of the chances revolve around countless crosses and long balls.
They were a top 5 side in the world last season at their best. They still are. They hired a coach who is among the best when it comes to attacking patterns and high press. The only question mark is how he will get along with the players

Winning a lot does not mean playing well which is why they were dispatched by Ajax.
They were dispatched by ajax because they got to those games in poor form, with too many injuries and Allegri is a coward. Great manager in europe when he's coaching an underdog, not so when he has the better team. Which he still did even with the injuries

One of there problems is the midfield which is out right poor for a team aiming to win the CL.
How is it poor? Last season's CL finalists had Fabinho-Henderson-Wijnaldum vs Sissoko-Winks-Eriksen starting the game

How exactly is juventus midfield poor to win the CL?

It was good enough to stroll a weak série A the past 8 years but the league now looks a lot more competitive with a lot of good teams.
Does it really? Other than inter hiring Conte and juventus replacing Allegri with Sarri, what's the big difference?

They won 1-0 in the first game and won 4-3 by divine intervention
A routine win that was never in doubt followed by their most dominant performance against Napoli in years...

the Fiorentina game showcased how poor and clueless they are going forward and that will be even more evident with the Douglas costa and pjanic injuries as well.
They changed manager and hired a guy who always takes a month to click with his team, who hasn't even been on the bench for their first two games due to illness. This game against fiorentina followed the international break, was played in 34° degrees heat and is the 3rd game of the season. They'll be fine

Yeah they lost pjanic and douglas costa. That's gonna hurt, maybe. Although, Bentancour is no slouch, Bernardeschi is hit and miss but was a monster in their comeback against atletico last year so a poor player he's not, and anyways any team in the world will look worse without two of its best players

And they still have Dybala, too

VP

I think, after corruption and avarice, Ronaldo fanboys may be the worst thing about modern football.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah, and? They were still winning. And not by chance. You don't get those results by chance

They were a top 5 side in the world last season at their best. They still are. They hired a coach who is among the best when it comes to attacking patterns and high press. The only question mark is how he will get along with the players

They were dispatched by ajax because they got to those games in poor form, with too many injuries and Allegri is a coward. Great manager in europe when he's coaching an underdog, not so when he has the better team. Which he still did even with the injuries

How is it poor? Last season's CL finalists had Fabinho-Henderson-Wijnaldum vs Sissoko-Winks-Eriksen starting the game

How exactly is juventus midfield poor to win the CL?

Does it really? Other than inter hiring Conte and juventus replacing Allegri with Sarri, what's the big difference?

A routine win that was never in doubt followed by their most dominant performance against Napoli in years...

They changed manager and hired a guy who always takes a month to click with his team, who hasn't even been on the bench for their first two games due to illness. This game against fiorentina followed the international break, was played in 34° degrees heat and is the 3rd game of the season. They'll be fine

Yeah they lost pjanic and douglas costa. That's gonna hurt, maybe. Although, Bentancour is no slouch, Bernardeschi is hit and miss but was a monster in their comeback against atletico last year so a poor player he's not, and anyways any team in the world will look worse without two of its best players

And they still have Dybala, too
Time will tell which opinion holds true and since I want to see Ronnie win at least 1 more CL I hope your right and I’m wrong but I am not to sure.

Tostao_80

I know a lot of GOAT comments came up because he scored against the 130th best team in the world midweek but this is more like how his performances are these days. Still a phenomenal scorer if gives chances but when up against solid defenses and deprived of quality service, his impact is limited. I'm not sure playing with Higuain is going to be the best way to get the best out of him though.
Indeed, even one fan dared to bring up Pele and his international record for comparison. Regardless, what Cristiano is doing, at this high level is unprecedented. You have to admire his will to win, improve and stay relevant. One of the GOATS for sure.

SharpshooterTom

People talk about Ronaldos trying to overtake Ali Daei's record.

But will he hold it? Neymar's a full 7 years younger and is already on 61 himself, if Neymar has longevity it might be quite close race.

Tostao_80

The Greatest Athlete of all Time. Enough said.
So funny. He's not even considered the best athlete in his sport, by the majority of people. Hell, he's not even considered the best player of the last 20 years by most people. You're embarrassing genuine Cristiano fans.

wr8_utd

:'(
People talk about Ronaldos trying to overtake Ali Daei's record.

But will he hold it? Neymar's a full 7 years younger and is already on 61 himself, if Neymar has longevity it might be quite close race.
I don't see Neymar getting it. South American qualifiers are far harder than those in Europe so unless he plays a lot of friendlies, it's hard to see it happening.
Like I'd said earlier, I see a European like Lukaku (50 goals in 80 games at 26) doing it eventually because he'll just have a lot of easy games in both the WC and Euro qualifying.

SharpshooterTom

I think Lukaku's mentioned he's planning on retiring quite early from Belgium, possibly after Euro 2020 although we'll see if he really means that.

wr8_utd

I think Lukaku's mentioned he's planning on retiring quite early from Belgium, possibly after Euro 2020 although we'll see if he really means that.
Retire from Belgium at 27? Yeah that seems a bit unlikely while he's still fit (as fit as he can be) and still in a quality team.

SportingCP96

Supports
So funny. He's not even considered the best athlete in his sport, by the majority of people. Hell, he's not even considered the best player of the last 20 years by most people. You're embarrassing genuine Cristiano fans.
He is the greatest player of his generation and along with Messi the two best of the last 20+ years.

A beast like we have not seen in football before with a mental drive on the level of the GOATS of other Sports, Think Michael Jordan and Tom Brady.

Messi and Ronaldo pushed each other to get where they became but once Ronaldo overtook Messi there has been no looking back.

The constant messages by Messi fans in here says a lot. The fact that Messi was 4-1 at one point and Ronaldo just dominated football from there on out was a lot to take and I get it.

Either way Messi has done well for himself to be number 2 in Ronaldos era, that in itself truly is a feat and he has my respect for it.

SportingCP96

Supports
I don't see Neymar getting it. South American qualifiers are far harder than those in Europe so unless he plays a lot of friendlies, it's hard to see it happening.
Like I'd said earlier, I see a European like Lukaku (50 goals in 80 games at 26) doing it eventually because he'll just have a lot of easy games in both the WC and Euro qualifying.
Most of Neymars goals for Brazil seem to come in friendlies it seems.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
The greatest sportsperson of all time is Muhammad Ali.

He is the greatest player of his generation and along with Messi the two best of the last 20+ years.

A beast like we have not seen in football before with a mental drive on the level of the GOATS of other Sports, Think Michael Jordan and Tom Brady.

Messi and Ronaldo pushed each other to get where they became but once Ronaldo overtook Messi there has been no looking back.

The constant messages by Messi fans in here says a lot. The fact that Messi was 4-1 at one point and Ronaldo just dominated football from there on out was a lot to take and I get it.

Either way Messi has done well for himself to be number 2 in Ronaldos era, that in itself truly is a feat and he has my respect for it.
That's expert-level wumming! 10/10.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Was he a better racer than Schumacher or Senna though?
Probably, back on his day. Driving a quadriga had it's fair share of science too. The rules were few, but the measures of the tracks were actually quite accurate and they used ring systems so all drivers perform equal distances. A regular race was seven laps, and the drivers had to be totally sync with the horses in order to manage their effort to have energy to lead the whole race (not like movies where horses sprint for miles without getting tired), and there could be several races in one day, so most of the teams needed several horses to win all the races. And also you need different horse profiles: ones with strength to carry most of the charriot weight and those agile and fast to stay in front and give an edge.

[geek mode off]

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Such an attention seeking post. Ronaldo isn’t even the greatest in football. Honestly its disturbing how biased Ronaldo fanboys are, it’s more like an occult now. Can’t even argue objectively. Very disturbing when I see Portuguese and Ronaldo fans who aren’t even Juve fans actually want Juventus to win the CL because of an individual. Some of you seriously need to enjoy football as a sport rather than going so obsessed over an individual who would never even know of your existence. Support your club not the player.

SportingCP96

Supports
Does anyone have the full interview with Piers Morgan? I only saw the part of him talking about his dad and it’s moving. I would love to know what the video was, either way his father would be proud of what his son has become.

wr8_utd

Such an attention seeking post. Ronaldo isn’t even the greatest in football. Honestly its disturbing how biased Ronaldo fanboys are, it’s more like an occult now. Can’t even argue objectively. Very disturbing when I see Portuguese and Ronaldo fans who aren’t even Juve fans actually want Juventus to win the CL because of an individual. Some of you seriously need to enjoy football as a sport rather than going so obsessed over an individual who would never even know of your existence. Support your club not the player.
Tbh it's mainly just Portugal and United fans who hold these kind of views. Atleast for the Portugese fans, it's understandable that they consider him the greatest.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Does anyone have the full interview with Piers Morgan? I only saw the part of him talking about his dad and it’s moving. I would love to know what the video was, either way his father would be proud of what his son has become.
Tomorrow at 9pm on ITV

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think it's fair for Ronaldo fans to consider Ronaldo the greatest. It's a subjective opinion and there is not a between Messi and Ronaldo in terms of goals scored, records broken and trophies won.

Status
Not open for further replies.