Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator

Youth NITK
In my opinion Messi and C Ronaldo are the greatest footballers we have witnessed thus far due to one big reason, in my opinion of course

The standard of football is exponentially improving due to advancements in medical science, fitness, training equipment, tactics and then also the exposure, fame and money is now beyond belief.

With all the above in mind and also as someone who plays football I think Messi is the most talented player ever. His dribbling, vision, passing range, shooting, link up play, close control is perfect - you cant really improve it. He makes world class players look like PE teachers.

Ronaldo on the other hand is the greatest goalscorer of all time and has pushed himself to the absolute limit. It was interesting in his interview with Piers when he said that being good and talented isn't enough at that level - it's so so true.

It gets interesting when you view it purely from a career point of view. Ronaldo has dominated the PL, La liga and soon to be Serie A. He's been around the block so to speak. Messi has been a phenomenon in the same place and we haven't seen him test himself in another league, another culture etc.

If I had to pick one player to help my team in a one off game, be it Bury, Bayern, Besiktas, Kaiser chiefs... anyone, with all sorts of players, Ronaldo would be the safest choice for me to help said team win.

Tostao_80

In my opinion Messi and C Ronaldo are the greatest footballers we have witnessed thus far due to one big reason, in my opinion of course

The standard of football is exponentially improving due to advancements in medical science, fitness, training equipment, tactics and then also the exposure, fame and money is now beyond belief.

With all the above in mind and also as someone who plays football I think Messi is the most talented player ever. His dribbling, vision, passing range, shooting, link up play, close control is perfect - you cant really improve it. He makes world class players look like PE teachers.

Ronaldo on the other hand is the greatest goalscorer of all time and has pushed himself to the absolute limit. It was interesting in his interview with Piers when he said that being good and talented isn't enough at that level - it's so so true.

It gets interesting when you view it purely from a career point of view. Ronaldo has dominated the PL, La liga and soon to be Serie A. He's been around the block so to speak. Messi has been a phenomenon in the same place and we haven't seen him test himself in another league, another culture etc.

If I had to pick one player to help my team in a one off game, be it Bury, Bayern, Besiktas, Kaiser chiefs... anyone, with all sorts of players, Ronaldo would be the safest choice for me to help said team win.
The greatest goalscorer ever?
Messi has just 24 goals less than Cristiano, who has played a whooping 124 more games. Leos career average is 0.81, better than Cristianos 0.72 goals per game. Leo Messi has generated 1.15 goals and assists per game during his career, Cristiano just 0.94. By pure numbers, Leo has simply been more productive. He is the most productive footballer the world has seen.

predator

Youth NITK
Messi has just 24 goals less than Cristiano, who has played a whooping 124 more games. Leos career average is 0.81, better than Cristianos 0.72 goals per game. Leo Messi has generated 1.15 goals and assists per game during his career, Cristiano just 0.94. By pure numbers, Leo has simply been more productive. He is the most productive footballer the world has seen.
Numbers yes but Ronaldo has scored with every inch of his body, in various tournaments and various leagues. He is the greatest goalscorer ever imo.

SirAF

Ageist
*cough* Ronaldo v Messi thread. Take it there, that’s what it’s for!

Tostao_80

Numbers yes but Ronaldo has scored with every inch of his body, in various tournaments and various leagues. He is the greatest goalscorer ever imo.
He definitely has an argument. Though no one can match Gerd Mullers completeness as a goalscorer. Leo and Cristiano dont touch his goals record in big international tournaments, both Euro snd Worlds. Didnt he score 10 alone in WC70, scored also in the final in 72 and 74? He averaged over a goal a game for Germany. His club European cup record was stellar, as was his league record too. Id have him up there with Cristiano and Leo.

VP

Is Ronaldo looking leaner and sharper than he did five years ago?

Jimmy_Bond

He is the greatest goalscorer ever imo.
Even though Messi has a much better goalscoring average and will most likely finish his career with more goals having played in the exact same era and against the same players etc?

Bit like saying the fastest man ever was a guy who doesn't hold the record.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Messi was a scorer for most of his career where as Ronaldo for most of his United career was an out and out winger which is why you see those stats you just mentioned.

If you compare since Ronaldo joined Madrid or since 2009 Ronaldo has the better ratio. Ronaldo is without a doubt the better scorer (not to say that Messi is not a good scorer).

EDIT: It did not let me post the image so I will have to fix it hold on.

MS4

So Ronaldo should have more assissts than messi as he was a winger and Messi has always been a striker?

Oh wait :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SportingCP96

Supports
National team:

Ronaldo 0,58
Messi 0,50

Champions League 09-18

Ronaldo 1,04
Messi 0,90

La Liga 09-18 All time since Messi debuted vs since Ronaldo joined in 09

Ronaldo 1,07
Messi 1,06

While Ronaldo played for Madrid All Comps:

Ronaldo 1,03

Messi 0,99

Champions league knockouts and Finals:

Ronaldo 0,82
Messi 0,68

Ronaldo vs Messi in La Liga Since Ronaldo joined:

Ronaldo 1,07
Messi 0,93

So as you see Ronaldo is clearly the better scorer and by good Margin since 09/Madrid

@Tostao_80 It did not let me post the picture graph so I had to type it.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you need a napkin? You still have some of his ejaculate on your chin.
Good job Buddy great post. If you bothered to read as hard as that me be you will see I was responding to the post. Since that is the premise of a forum? to have discussions? yes? no? maybe?

Thanks bro.

I mention facts you mention ejaculation 10/10 post.

SportingCP96

Supports
So Ronaldo should have more assissts than messi as he was a winger and Messi has always been a striker?

Oh wait :D
Messi has always played further up the pitch and as a more attacking player then Ronaldo for a majority of there careers. The numbers don't lie if you compare them since 09 or since Ronaldo went to Madrid. The numbers all tilt in his favor as far as goal scoring is concerned.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Inappropriate Content
Good job Buddy great post. If you bothered to read as hard as that me be you will see I was responding to the post. Since that is the premise of a forum? to have discussions? yes? no? maybe?

Thanks bro.

I mention facts you mention ejaculation 10/10 post.
Next time swallow.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
You should show me how since you keep sucking me. The state of Messi fans these days.
What the hell is this? An edgy kid trying to create some great remarks?
Its kids who have no knowledge on the topic of discussion so they resort to childish low IQ remarks.
You people are so soft these days. Don’t take it personally. It’s just banter. I’ll always find it funny to see grown ass men jocking another grown ass man so hard. But Messi and Ronaldo fans are a new breed of football fan.

Last edited:

IMakeThingsUp

You people are so soft these days. Don’t take it personally. It’s just banter. I’ll always find it funny to see grown ass men jocking another grown ass man so hard. But Messi and Ronaldo fans are a new breed of football fan.
Honestly it just shows you off to be an immature wanker projecting your own insecurites about your sexuality more or less. I cant believe guys like you posting shit like this can have full member status.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Quality control
Honestly it just shows you off to be an immature wanker projecting your own insecurites about your sexuality more or less. I cant believe guys like you posting shit like this can have full member status.
Awww diddums. I’m sure he’ll be fine. Insecurities/sexuality etc? :lol:. I’d consider myself bi-curious on the right day. ;). No insecurity about that.

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 Better goalscorer by a good margin ? It's very close I'd say
It is very close what I meant was in terms of all of the stats I listed he was first on all of them granted the ratios weren’t a big margin but he was ahead in all of them.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Messi has always played further up the pitch and as a more attacking player then Ronaldo for a majority of there careers. The numbers don't lie if you compare them since 09 or since Ronaldo went to Madrid. The numbers all tilt in his favor as far as goal scoring is concerned.
Tbh I'm not sure Messi has played further up the pitch than Ronaldo since he joined Madrid. Messi has been far more involved in dropping deep and dictating play since then.

SirAF

Ageist
Sarri confirms that Ronaldo will be rested against Brescia tomorrow. He’s got a slight thigh strain from what I gather.

SportingCP96

Supports
Tbh I'm not sure Messi has played further up the pitch than Ronaldo since he joined Madrid. Messi has been far more involved in dropping deep and dictating play since then.
I wasn’t talking about then but more so in the 100+ games before he joined Madrid at United.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I wasn’t talking about then but more so in the 100+ games before he joined Madrid at United.
Eh ? He was doing the same thing in his last 2 and a half Years at united moving up front in game with rooney doing the donkey work on the wing.

SportingCP96

Supports
Eh ? He was doing the same thing in his last 2 and a half Years at united moving up front in game with rooney doing the donkey work on the wing.
How about the 100 plus appearances before that? That’s what I was staying. Since the 42 goal United season forward he became a different player.

Tostao_80

Cristiano thinks that De Jong has been better than Leo? Meanwhile Leo, picks Cristiano in his top 2, despite having a weaker year. Who is the deluded one?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Cristiano thinks that De Jong has been better than Leo? Meanwhile Leo, picks Cristiano in his top 2, despite having a weaker year. Who is the deluded one?
Maybe he has been reading your posts and voted based on anger, you’re truly obsessed. Move on.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
How about the 100 plus appearances before that? That’s what I was staying. Since the 42 goal United season forward he became a different player.
The hundred appearences before that his numbers were shit and he was a flashy kid that pissed fans and teammates off, 06/07 was the last time ronaldo played as a winger before he assumed the role he kept until a year ago where he overloaded the box and had rooney on the wing, not even getting into whose better but messi has outscored him getting further away from goal whilst ronaldo got closer and closer.

SportingCP96

Supports
The hundred appearences before that his numbers were shit and he was a flashy kid that pissed fans and teammates off, 06/07 was the last time ronaldo played as a winger before he assumed the role he kept until a year ago where he overloaded the box and had rooney on the wing, not even getting into whose better but messi has outscored him getting further away from goal whilst ronaldo got closer and closer.
Mate. Forget it, read the posts above (if you want) to understand why I am mentioning the 100+ games before the 42 goal season. I would explain it but my mood is beyond shot and my day is beyond ruined after this Sporting game today to even engage fully in this conversation.

sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.