Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
I think it's Nedved/Agnelli pushing this philosophy of football that they are playing. There's no way it's a coincedence that Sarri's Juve is as boring as Allegri's.

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't understand. He was supposed to be scoring a hat trick a game even if he played at Millwall but can't do it for Juve because Sarri is rubbish? :confused:

MrEleson

I don't understand. He was supposed to be scoring a hat trick a game even if he played at Millwall but can't do it for Juve because Sarri is rubbish? :confused:
CR7 in his prime or even CR of a few years ago maybe, could still thrive with this team but he’s almost 35 now. He needs to play closer to goal & have a more creative set-up around him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
CR7 in his prime or even CR of a few years ago maybe, could still thrive with this team but he’s almost 35 now. He needs to play closer to goal & have a more creative set-up around him.
People should simply accept, that he is no longer one of the best players. There also is no shame in that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's a silly statement. Ronaldo needs service, especially now that he's older. He's honestly weighing Juve down at this point against top level opponents.

MrEleson

I think it's Nedved/Agnelli pushing this philosophy of football that they are playing. There's no way it's a coincedence that Sarri's Juve is as boring as Allegri's.
Most likely. It’s in the clubs DNA to prioritise defending over attacking. Historically, Juve have never played free-flowing, attacking football. Also, their attackers seldom finish as top scorer in the league even when the team is miles ahead of the others.

wr8_utd

I agree with that but you still have those silly statements by people saying oh he'd go and score hattricks every game with lower league teams so given he could do that, you'd expect him to not be struggling with Juve.
It's a silly statement. Ronaldo needs service, especially now that he's older. He's honestly weighing Juve down at this point against top level opponents.
I think he's too good not to come good at some point. Once he gets a bit more clinical given the lesser number of chances created by Juve, he'll still be lethal. He starts seasons slowly in recent years so won't be surprised if he improves dramatically in the second half but yeah, at the moment, he's probably not the best Juve attacker.

Bole Top

Historically, Juve have never played free-flowing, attacking football. Also, their attackers seldom finish as top scorer in the league even when the team is miles ahead of the others.
only Milan have had more league's top goalscorers than Juventus in entire Serie A history (Milan 17, Juventus 16).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think the team needs time to adapt and learn the new way. Also if i'm not wrong, most of Juventus team is old players, it's hard to teach them new ways.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It was the same under allegri too though. Juve just don’t have the players to play that free-flowing, direct and high tempo football that suits Ronaldo so well and what was the hallmark of those Madrid sides with Ozil, Di Maria, Modric, Marcelo, Bale, Carvajal, Isco,etc

He must dearly miss playing with those guys.

The only guy Juve have of that ilk is Douglas Costa but he’s always on the treatment table.
Isnt the narrative that you can pop ronaldo in any team or system and he will score goals galore?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He should have stayed at Madrid rather than chasing the cash then. Absolutely amazing player and to be considered in the same stratosphere as Messi should be blessing enough but he wanted parity with Messi on wages too and so he ends up at Juve.

Ronaldo ain’t done and can see him going on till he is 40 and fair play to him, such an outstanding player.
He wasn't chasing cash he wanted to get paid his worth, he was earning less than Neymar at Madrid, there are also other issues why he left which is out in the open, just takes a quick Google search.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, it's down to players and time. They'll never play anything like Sarri's napoli because the players are different with different strenghts

They'll improve though

MrEleson

He wasn't chasing cash he wanted to get paid his worth, he was earning less than Neymar at Madrid, there are also other issues why he left which is out in the open, just takes a quick Google search.
he’s still earning less than neymar

Kappa123

Neymar has been a better footballer for ~3 years now that's why he gets paid more.

Also, it's time to accept that Ronaldo can't even pad his stats properly anymore; he's well and truly on his way out. Normally he would be scoring braces and hattricks against the minnows for fun but he hasn't done that. Time to step down to a retirement league.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Neymar has been a better footballer for ~3 years now that's why he gets paid more.

Also, it's time to accept that Ronaldo can't even pad his stats properly anymore; he's well and truly on his way out. Normally he would be scoring braces and hattricks against the minnows for fun but he hasn't done that. Time to step down to a retirement league.
Neymar has hardly played any meaningful football over the last 2 seasons. And he certainly wasn't the better footballer when Madrid were winning those European cups back to back.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Is this the same Ronaldo that was being applauded in September/October as playing very well and much better than at Madrid's despite not scoring much?
(he said he had been injured for 1 month after the Luxembourg game if you want to believe him, which is most of the period he is currently being criticised)

It's normal that he will likely score less and less, but he still has 5 goals in 10 games in the league, a bad number only for his usual record. And Juventus is still amazingly focused on winning allmost all games just by 1 goal :D
In the CL he has 1 goal in 4 games, the same as Messi for example. Not good here I agree, but the sample is small.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Is this the same Ronaldo that was being applauded in September/October as playing very well and much better than at Madrid's despite not scoring much?
(he said he had been injured for 1 month after the Luxembourg game if you want to believe him, which is most of the period he is currently being criticised)

It's normal that he will likely score less and less, but he still has 5 goals in 10 games in the league, a bad number only for his usual record. And Juventus is still amazingly focused on winning allmost all games just by 1 goal :D
In the CL he has 1 goal in 4 games, the same as Messi for example. Not good here I agree, but the sample is small.
Don’t forget they are the same people who wants Ole out anytime United loses or ties and then he’s the best when wins.

MrEleson

you can't be serious.The same Neymar who is available for approximately 40% of the games his team plays. And 3 years is a push.That would include Ronaldo's monstrous 16/17 CL campaign. Neymar has yet to be as effective as that in his career to date.

He gets paid more because he is younger and at a club with unlimited resources while Madrid didn't wanna pay 33 year old Ronaldo what he was due. Juve pay just about as much as they can feasibly afford.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
But ... we all know it was a mutually convenient and mature marriage, not a fairytale ... he was not getting into a superteam made of superstars & super influence a la Madrid ... they were not getting prime Ronaldo but could still do it work well commercially ... if he goes next Summer with another league title, footballing job done and thank you: there is an historical reason Juve do not convert CL finals into trophies (they are always gassed at the end bevause of the tiresome club philosophy to grind wins for the sake of it) and it can’t be a 34-35yo Ronaldo to change that ... still, the hope is he can still add his magic when it really counts on top of very good games from his teammates and a bit of luck with injuries and episodes at crunch time.

fps

This is a laughable statement, Neymar is meant to be at his absolute peak and spends his whole time injured, not turning up literally or figuratively in big games, and playing about five matches of any consequence a year.

As for Ronaldo, no one escapes time, so the posters who bang on about him being finished will eventually be correct, but it sure isn’t due to them having any real intelligence or insight.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
At home vs mighty Sassuolo will be his game! Starting in half an hour, hat trick incoming for this depressed thread and the gazillion fans awaiting for a siiiiuuuu :D

Rinnegan240

I'd still take a 35 year old Ronaldo over Neymar anytime. Only thing Neymar is better at right now are party tricks. They are not even in the same varsity never mind the same class.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I'd still take a 35 year old Ronaldo over Neymar anytime. Only thing Neymar is better at right now are party tricks. They are not even in the same varsity never mind the same class.
Neymar is a much better passer. He's also a better dribbler even without the tricks.

Paul_Scholes18

At home vs mighty Sassuolo will be his game! Starting in half an hour, hat trick incoming for this depressed thread and the gazillion fans awaiting for a siiiiuuuu :D
Not looking great so far. Typical narrow win for Juve though.

MrEleson

He looks fed up and disinterested. Never quite seen him like this. Doesn't seem like he really cares anymore.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
People taking satisfaction in his decline after what he's done in the game (and for us) is both bizarre and a bit sad.

MrEleson

I doubt Ronaldo will ever not care about a match of football.
He probably still cares a lot about a match of football but there seems to be a breakdown between him and the other players. His body language seems off in the game.

wr8_utd

Another awful performance masked by a penalty.
Sarri honestly has no justifiable reason to ever bench Dybala. The guy should be starting and one of Ronaldo or Higuain are the ones who need dropping.

DVG7

People taking satisfaction in his decline after what he's done in the game (and for us) is both bizarre and a bit sad.
It’s just “cool” to have a pop at people when they aren’t performing well. I don’t think any sane person has anything but respect and admiration for his career.

Kappa123

Not sure what you mean tbh, "not in the same class" do you even watch him play? Neymar is better at literally everything but let's save that for the Neymar thread, there's really no need to derail Ronaldo's thread eapecially after that epic pen today.

bakalhau

He looks fed up and disinterested. Never quite seen him like this. Doesn't seem like he really cares anymore.
Wholeheartedly disagree. He seemed completely interested right up to his final chance, judging by his body language.

What he always looks when he thinks he's not performing well is get mad at himself, you can tell by some of his negative body language. He's very harsh on himself.

Apart from that he actually had the normal body language on teammates' and his chances, you know, hands covering face, on top of head, usual stuff, not believing they were missing those chances.

Just honestly can't see where he looked uninterested.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Wholeheartedly disagree. He seemed completely interested right up to his final chance, judging by his body language.

What he always looks when he thinks he's not performing well is get mad at himself, you can tell by some of his negative body language. He's very harsh on himself.

Apart from that he actually had the normal body language on teammates' and his chances, you know, hands covering face, on top of head, usual stuff, not believing they were missing those chances.

Sensible post, he is just in a sort of mid-season numbness but humble pie will make him stronger for the coming weeks... next serei A game away at lazio on saturday evening might provide the competitive nudge he is asking for.

MrEleson

In the first half he seemed lethargic to me but the second half he was more fired up.

bakalhau

In the first half he seemed lethargic to me but the second half he was more fired up.
I certainly did notice a difference from 1st to 2nd half as well in that aspect, definitely, I agree with you there, I just didn't don't attribute it to not being invested in the game/team.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan

Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Serie A Best Forward of the Year and Best Player of the Year award and becomes the first player ever to win the BEST PLAYER AWARD IN 3 DIFFERENT LEAGUES.

#HISTORIC

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The best he can do for himself and his legacy at this stage, also to try and win his 6th BdOr next year against all odds, is to embrace an ancillary role a la LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony, playing for the team instead of the stats. His chances are intact with Juventus and Portugal if he gets into that “facilitator” mindset. Fascinating challenge, but the man is intelligent enough to understand that’s the only way, the other being a sunset boulevard.

Status
Not open for further replies.