Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
LeBron's leading the league in assists, is in the top 10 for points and in the top 4 in every advanced all-in-one metric. He's playing anything but an ancillary role right now :D

Melo also isn't playing an ancillary role for the blazers, and was actually really bad at it in OKC and the rockets cut him after 10 games. He's also just not a very good nba player anymore in general

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
LeBron's leading the league in assists, is in the top 10 for points and in the top 4 in every advanced all-in-one metric. He's playing anything but an ancillary role right now :D

Melo also isn't playing an ancillary role for the blazers, and was actually really bad at it in OKC and the rockets cut him after 10 games. He's also just not a very good nba player anymore in general
FFS man we get the point about Melo now, no need to bring him into the Ronaldo thread :p

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The best he can do for himself and his legacy at this stage, also to try and win his 6th BdOr next year against all odds, is to embrace an ancillary role a la LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony, playing for the team instead of the stats. His chances are intact with Juventus and Portugal if he gets into that “facilitator” mindset. Fascinating challenge, but the man is intelligent enough to understand that’s the only way, the other being a sunset boulevard.
To be fair, it is not likely. Unless he won CL with Juventus (which I don't think would happen as Juventus has been very unconvincing) and even Euro again with Portugal (which may have a slim chance happening, but first they have to beat France and Germany in their group, which is again unlikely), chance of him winning next Ballon D'or at age 35~36 is slim.

Kappa123

Supposedly his other sister wrote an even more insane post but I have yet to see a translation for that one. This is hilarious though, I wish Van Dijk would have responded :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Tbf we see worse posts from his fans here daily. Can't blame his poor sister, at least she has some connection with him. What's the excuse for some people in this thread?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
To be fair, it is not likely. Unless he won CL with Juventus (which I don't think would happen as Juventus has been very unconvincing) and even Euro again with Portugal (which may have a slim chance happening, but first they have to beat France and Germany in their group, which is again unlikely), chance of him winning next Ballon D'or at age 35~36 is slim.
I understand telling that, for example to a Liverpool fan these days, seems utterly stupid :D considering that team is the perfect model right now... nevertheless we all surely still remember that their CL medal last year was born out of a miracle block by Alisson on Milik in the stoppage time of the 6th game in the round stage in mid December, don’t we? I would not say that a team must be convincing to win a cup trophy, they just need luck with injuries, conditioning and episodes at crunch time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I understand telling that, for example to a Liverpool fan these days, seems utterly stupid :D considering that team is the perfect model right now... nevertheless we all surely still remember that their CL medal last year was born out of a miracle block by Alisson on Milik in the stoppage time of the 6th game in the round stage in mid December, don’t we? I would not say that a team must be convincing to win a cup trophy, they just need luck with injuries, conditioning and episodes at crunch time.
If that idiot winger from Barcelona had tapped in from about 5 yards with a near open goal at 3-0 up in the 90th min of the semi, they wouldn't have had a chance either.

bakalhau

In all honesty their family (I love his mom though) should just shut up about this stuff. Just stop. If he keeps quiet about things, just do the same...

fps

Who cares what idiots say? It’s such low hanging fruit to pick off stupid comments from stupid people. Extraordinary player, third feels about right for the year he had.

DVG7

If that idiot winger from Barcelona had tapped in from about 5 yards with a near open goal at 3-0 up in the 90th min of the semi, they wouldn't have had a chance either.
This is nonsense. Even at 4-0 first leg, Anfield is hardly going to be all pessimistic, based on how the game went and Barcelona’s capitulation its not too hard to imagine Liverpool getting 4 in regular time and then winning in extra time.

MrEleson

His biggest mistake was leaving Real Madrid. If he doesn't leave - the 2018 Ballon D'or is his. Similarly, he would have gotten a lot closer than he did this year if he stayed. Who knows what Madrid's fortune would have been like in the CL last year with him in the side. He would have surely scored a lot more goals in front of an offensive minded midfield.

He made the wrong choice.

Stat padding league titles isn't enough solace.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is nonsense. Even at 4-0 first leg, Anfield is hardly going to be all pessimistic, based on how the game went and Barcelona’s capitulation its not too hard to imagine Liverpool getting 4 in regular time and then winning in extra time.
It's not nonsense. 4-0 would have totally shut the game off.

Or do you think it could go on for ever, and even at 700-0 it's not over?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His biggest mistake was leaving Real Madrid. If he doesn't leave - the 2018 Ballon D'or is his.
Or Griezmann's. Or Mbappé's. With no pro-Modric narrative, the big world cup story would have been either of those two. And both did enough to win it

VanKenny

Winning CL with Juventus at this point wont be enough. He would have to actually start playing at a best in the world level. As of right now Dybala would have more chances winning the Balon de Or than him

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Winning CL with Juventus at this point wont be enough. He would have to actually start playing at a best in the world level. As of right now Dybala would have more chances winning the Balon de Or than him
That's silly.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The best he can do for himself and his legacy at this stage, also to try and win his 6th BdOr next year against all odds, is to embrace an ancillary role a la LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony, playing for the team instead of the stats. His chances are intact with Juventus and Portugal if he gets into that “facilitator” mindset. Fascinating challenge, but the man is intelligent enough to understand that’s the only way, the other being a sunset boulevard.
Enough with all the references to non-football athletes. It does my head in.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Enough with all the references to non-football athletes. It does my head in.
ehehe aging superstars serve his case well though... adding federer to the 2020 “load management” bandwagon :lol:

RoyH1

Who wrote this?
I think it was his sister.
Madrid did well in getting 100 mill for him. Even as good as he still is, it is impossible to stop the physical decline of an outfield player in his mid thirties

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think it was his sister.
Madrid did well in getting 100 mill for him. Even as good as he still is, it is impossible to stop the physical decline of an outfield player in his mid thirties
Even if VVD said "Ronaldo is my rival?"

I don't think it's in the context meant as an insult. It's like Beckham saying when he was one of the top favourites for the ballon'dor, he said "Best in world? I'm not even the best in my team".

In the same vein, I don't really think VVD considers him to be rival to Messi and Ronaldo who's both been the best footballers in modern times.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
They really should have put one "Dear Virgin" in there. "By accident" of course.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well at nearly 35 he has not been at his best in the past 1-2 months, far from Ballon D'or level. But he is still a decent striker, scoring 18 goals in 25 games in all competitions so far this season. Dybala, who has been in good form recently, only had 7 goals in 24 games in all competitions to be fair.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Well at nearly 35 he has not been at his best in the past 1-2 months, far from Ballon D'or level. But he is still a decent striker, scoring 18 goals in 25 games in all competitions so far this season. Dybala, who has been in good form recently, only had 7 goals in 24 games in all competitions to be fair.
Again counting the goals for the national team? :lol:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Cal or RedRonaldo is my guess
Funnily enough it's Ronaldo haters bumping the thread and reading such long walls of text from one of his family members.

It is obvious Ronaldo fans have higher IQ and are generally cooler than messi fanbois (ye I didn't capitalize Messi out of pettiness (oops i did now)).

MrEleson

That's a weird thing to do, though.

He has 7 goals in 16 games. 3 penalties.
when you account for the fact that hes been in pretty terrible form playing under a clueless manager in a defensive set-up, those stats dont read too bad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Doubt Griezmann or Mbappe would have won it tbh.
I mean, the voters for the traditional powerhouses(brazil, argentina, germany, italy, france, england, netherlands, etc.) I.e. the ones less likely to be swayed by media narratives(because they likely have their own) overwhelmingly favoured those two...

If the big narrative to come out of the world cup is Griezmann/Mbappé leads France to WC glory while also being pretty fecking great in general, i can see easily how all those journos who bought into "modric wins CL then leads his cinderella-story Croatia to WC final" would have bought into that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.