Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I remember when he went to Juve for £100M. I so badly wanted to see him here, but I knew that we were looking to save money and had ambition for 4th place. That ambition was never going to be acceptable to Ronaldo or even Mourinho, who IMO, engineered his own sacking.
Credit to Juve though. They got one of the best players of all time (even in his twilight years), showed ambition and will try to compete for the biggest trophy in football.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Ronaldo is finished, not even in the top 20 players anymore. As many goals at club level as Messi this season though.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This season so far:

15 goals in 21 games for Juventus
11 goals in 8 games for Portugal

Total: 26 goals in 29 games in all competitions

Not bad at all, especially when he is going to turn 35 within a month.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Same as last season and the one before. People calling him finished, he. Steps it. Up and they bite their tongue.

He's still a world class goal scorer. Thing is, the way he plays nowadays and his professionalism in mind, I can see him going on like that until his late 30s.

Truly amazing athlete. At this point I expect him to retire after Messi, who'll probably 'only' play two or three additional seasons

Bwuk

Same as last season and the one before. People calling him finished, he. Steps it. Up and they bite their tongue.

He's still a world class goal scorer. Thing is, the way he plays nowadays and his professionalism in mind, I can see him going on like that until his late 30s.

Truly amazing athlete. At this point I expect him to retire after Messi, who'll probably 'only' play two or three additional seasons
I think he'll play for longer than Messi too.

I could see Ronaldo going to the MLS after he's done with Juve.

MrEleson

Last season he was good throughout even though he didn’t score in his first 3 games for Juve.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
It's just like he hasn't even reached his 30's yet.

Dude is an amazing player. Can't even hate him If I wanted.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he'll play for longer than Messi too.

I could see Ronaldo going to the MLS after he's done with Juve.
He could, but he recently said he want to be an actor after he retired from football, with his huge ego I don’t think he can stand being not one of best in the world, so I doubt he would want to stay that long. My guess is around 3 more years when he reached 38 he will retire for good (after breaking all time career goal record and international goal record)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
How much he scores depends more on Juve than on him. If they don't completely stop attacking once they get a 1 or 2 goal lead then he'll always get plenty of goals, the goals he's been missing out on compared to the goals he scored at Madrid are the goals like yesterday's 4-0 in comfortable wins after the result is already decided.

Needs to take it easy, get rested when he can and avoid injuries now, big 6 months ahead with the CL knockouts, Euros and a close title race coming.

bakalhau

How much he scores depends more on Juve than on him. If they don't completely stop attacking once they get a 1 or 2 goal lead then he'll always get plenty of goals, the goals he's been missing out on compared to the goals he scored at Madrid are the goals like yesterday's 4-0 in comfortable wins after the result is already decided.
Basically, this.

Was especially apparent and aggravating for me last year under Allegri, because I was so used to Madrid keeping on mopping the floor after even being 2 or 3 nil up and in Juve after they went 1-0 they would go all out defending and slowing the game down. This year is better but still not quite the kind of attacking showcases of Madrid and Barcelona.

And the way I see it, having 4, 5, 6 results throughout the year that are clear cut results of 4-0, 4-1, 5-1, etc, always helps in building out confidence for the CL knockout games.

I understand he only scored 28 goals last season, but honestly? With the way Juve played? That was a miracle actually.

Fundamentally, Juve just sees football way differently in home turf than both Spain's two huge clubs.

Red Stone

?

He actually made his best performance this season tbh, but that goal was a statistical assist tbh. Did you seen it?
Just a bad joke, hence the white text.

Anyway, Ronaldo is the GOAT. Averaging a hat-trick a game this decade. What a player.

Red Star One

Watched they Juve game yesterday and they all were appalling, very lucky that their opponents in Serie A are so shite this season (bar Inter, who'll lose the steam anyway) because they could well finish without scudetto if they continue this awful game. So many unforced errors, they were non-existent in the second half, Ronaldo passing to offside guy so many times - plenty of my Juve supporting friends are done with this style of play and Sarri, will be very tough for Juve to win CL this season if they play like that.
Then again, Cristiano should get in the shape for the second half of the season.

bakalhau

Every little ounce of anything resembling danger to Parma's goal thsi half has come from him.

I'm not sure whether that speaks volumes of his quality or shows just how uninspired Juve are against well organized defences.

SirAF

Ageist
During the last 11 matches he’s only been goalless twice. So much for the much talked about decline earlier this fall.

bakalhau

16 goals halfway through the season.

Last season he got 21 in all of the league!

MrEleson

Apart from his two goals, he looked extremely lively throughout. Does not look like someone that is about to turn 35 in 3 weeks at all.

If I was new to the game and didn't know who he was and you were to tell me he was that age, I'd be convinced you were lying.

Paul_Scholes18

Did think he had a poor start to the season, but he is scoring goals for fun at the moment.

Maybe he is the guy to stop Liverpool from another CL win ;).

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Father Time is no match for this man!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
16 goals in 17 Serie A games so far
18 goals in total for Juventus midway through the season
and 29 goals in 29 games in all competitions for Juventus and Portugal

Another season of decline for a player who will turn 35 next month.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Amazing still churning the stats out. Unreal player and will be a huge loss to the game when he and Messi hang their boots up.

Eddy_JukeZ

Every time I think he's 'finished', he proves me wrong.

Though I think he's still declined a huge amount from his peak compared to Messi.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Every time I think he's 'finished', he proves me wrong.

Though I think he's still declined a huge amount from his peak compared to Messi.
Don’t forget Ronaldo is nearly 35 though. We don’t know yet how good Messi will be at 34-35, but when Ronaldo was at around 32 (same age as Messi currently), he won Ballon D’or and CL and scored 40-50 goals per season.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Don’t forget Ronaldo is nearly 35 though. We don’t know yet how good Messi will be at 34-35, but when Ronaldo was at around 32 (same age as Messi currently), he won Ballon D’or and CL and scored 40-50 goals per season.
I think Ronaldo will be able to maintain his prime form longer than Messi. He 100% knows how to take care of himself and has oustanding genes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I read Ronaldo takes 5 naps a day. Fecking lazy bum. I wish I could take 5 naps a day.

Though to be fair, I read it in The Sun and the Daily mail (don't worry, I'm not linking to that).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like he is back to his best, 11 goals in last 7 league games.

Bole Top

obviously he was never "finished". he has bad games like everyone else and struggle from time to time like everyone does. it was mostly his fans that kept saying "he's 34 after all" and "Juve/Sarri suck" while he was just having a couple of bad games earlier in season - which is normal. Messi will also turn 33 soon, he's also "old" now and he will also play bad on a certain day because that's normal, not because he's old or finished. sometimes you simply struggle, but that's something that we aren't accustomed to with these two so we always seek for different explanations like injury and age, ignoring the fact they're humans after all and can't put MOTM performance every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.