Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEleson

Don’t forget Ronaldo is nearly 35 though. We don’t know yet how good Messi will be at 34-35, but when Ronaldo was at around 32 (same age as Messi currently), he won Ballon D’or and CL and scored 40-50 goals per season.
Ronaldo is the same player that he was at 32 from what I’ve seen. The only difference is the team playing around him which influences his output.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo is the same player that he was at 32 from what I’ve seen. The only difference is the team playing around him which influences his output.
Yes in fact he has already scored 29 goals in 31 games in all competitions this season (including goals for Portugal). Its close to 1 goal per game, and that is quite the same to his stats when he was at 32 (he has more clubs goals back then, but less international goals). Plus I actually think his all round performance has improved after joining Juventus (perhaps lack of service at Juventus maybe the reason which force him to play with the ball more often)

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The drive is still there.

He’ll have been aware of criticism and probably his harshest critic himself anyway. Stung him into action.

United58

I read Ronaldo takes 5 naps a day. Fecking lazy bum. I wish I could take 5 naps a day.

Though to be fair, I read it in The Sun and the Daily mail (don't worry, I'm not linking to that).
Apparently Essien used to sleep for 16 hours a day! No wonder he had so much energy

MrEleson

Yes in fact he has already scored 29 goals in 31 games in all competitions this season (including goals for Portugal). Its close to 1 goal per game, and that is quite the same to his stats when he was at 32 (he has more clubs goals back then, but less international goals). Plus I actually think his all round performance has improved after joining Juventus (perhaps lack of service at Juventus maybe the reason which force him to play with the ball more often)
yeah I was going to add that he may even have improved from his final 2 seasons in Spain.

Charles Miller

Antother thing need to be said is how passionate Cr7 and Dybala are in the games. You can see they enjoy their time together.

MrEleson

I think its quite underrated how complete he has been. Has managed to master 3 completely different positions in his career.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Hes on that kind of run right now. Never been anything like him ever In the sport. Shame they could not get the win.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
His form has been excellent since early Dec last year.
Probably the best player in the world in 2020 so far with 8 goals in 5 games.
Up to now, he has 20 goals for Juventus, 11 goals for Portugal. 31 goals in total (in 32 games). And its only midway through the season.

But sure, if he wants to win Ballon D'or again, this may not be enough even if he keep up his form. He has to win the CL again with Juventus (no way can Juventus beat Liverpool), or win the Euro again with Portugal in the summer (no way Portugal can beat France again?)

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Probably the best player in the world in 2020 so far.
20 goals for Juventus, 11 goals for Portugal. 31 goals in total. And its only midway through the season.
Yeah it's pretty funny how the other GOAT thread got dead when he moved to Juventus & said that it settled the Messi vs Ronaldo thing for good.

Does it deserve a bump? :p

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Probably the best player in the world in 2020 so far with 8 goals in 5 games.
Up to now, he has 20 goals for Juventus, 11 goals for Portugal. 31 goals in total (in 32 games). And its only midway through the season.
Think Neymar has around 11 goals and 8 assists in his last 10 games.
Yeah, it's only League 1, but still fantastic.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Think Neymar has around 11 goals and 8 assists in his last 10 games.
Yeah, it's only League 1, but still fantastic.
Yeh Neymar has been in impressive form lately, but you know PSG has always been very attacking/dominant and always scored alot of goals in Ligue 1 regardless (52 goals in 21 games), whereas Juventus is usually more defensive and always scored less in Serie A (40 goals in 21 games). So Ronaldo stats does look even more impressive to me.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If he gets to 40 for the season in this Juve team playing the way they play it will genuinely be more impressive than some of the record breaking goalscoring seasons he had in Madrid.

bakalhau

If he gets to 40 for the season in this Juve team playing the way they play it will genuinely be more impressive than some of the record breaking goalscoring seasons he had in Madrid.
Exactly what I've been thinking.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly, I think at this point Ronaldo intentionally uses the first few months of the season at a lighter intensity, and shows up around the turn of the year, when the league gets serious and the CL starts up properly. Kind of like in the NBA with the play-offs. It’s happened a few years now - it has to be intentional, right? Or maybe subconscious, at the very least.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Honestly, I think at this point Ronaldo intentionally uses the first few months of the season at a lighter intensity, and shows up around the turn of the year, when the league gets serious and the CL starts up properly. Kind of like in the NBA with the play-offs. It’s happened a few years now - it has to be intentional, right? Or maybe subconscious, at the very least.
100% he conditions himself to peak at the right times. All teams have a programme built around that but I'm sure Ronaldo has his own personal one, and more importantly has the discipline and desire to follow through on it precisely.

SirAF

Ageist
100% he conditions himself to peak at the right times. All teams have a programme built around that but I'm sure Ronaldo has his own personal one, and more importantly has the discipline and desire to follow through on it precisely.
Yup, I would think that's the case. Wasn't it Zidane, some years ago, that "introduced" Ronaldo to the concept of saving himself for the important second half of the season?

fps

Amazing still churning the stats out. Unreal player and will be a huge loss to the game when he and Messi hang their boots up.
His dedication really puts the rest to shame, even in one of the most elite and meritocratic industries going.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That hairstyle :confused: I wouldn't let my man leave the house looking like that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Do Juve get a lot of suspect penalties or do most people just really dislike Juve and claim all penalties they get are suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.