Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
How sad is it that he and his PR team always put out fake news to make him the center of attention during all these tragedies
Can't imagine this stemmed from a professional PR team.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
She had a stroke, but help arrived (or was called) on time, which is the most important thing with cardiovascular episodes.

According to media, she's in a stable condition and her mental capacities seem to be unaffected. Let's see if she's not too much physically limited, but she will always have an arm/leg with less strength after this.
I'm fine now.. thankfully.

Thanks to the medical staff as well!

GiddyUp

In my opinion if Cristiano continues his dedication to his trade and that winning mentality he very well could make a fine manager. He wants success to the point of absolute selfishness sometimes but he is also a fantastic teammate who knows how to lead.
He is amazing with fans and very media savvy. His issues in the US will always hang around him but in time shit like that adds to the story, Maradona being a prime example. I think he would definitely have some sort if success in management if he went for it. Thoughts?

SirAF

Ageist
In my opinion if Cristiano continues his dedication to his trade and that winning mentality he very well could make a fine manager. He wants success to the point of absolute selfishness sometimes but he is also a fantastic teammate who knows how to lead.
He is amazing with fans and very media savvy. His issues in the US will always hang around him but in time shit like that adds to the story, Maradona being a prime example. I think he would definitely have some sort if success in management if he went for it. Thoughts?
Absolutely agree about that, but the question is if he is interested in that? I think he's going down the Hollywood/business route after his career is over.

"The moment my body is no longer responding in the right way on the field, then it would be the time to leave. I aspire to continue my studies after retiring from football.
"One of the things that I seek to challenge myself in, for example, is acting in a movie. I hope I live more than 50 years to learn new things and face different challenges and try to find solutions for them."

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Absolutely agree about that, but the question is if he is interested in that? I think he's going down the Hollywood/business route after his career is over.
Don't know, I never saw Cristiano as a tactician or strategist. His movement and reading of the game is obviously outstanding and since he improved so much in that area tgroughout his career, it is something he does consciously, not intuitively. But I don't believe he's got that 'macro view', seeing the game as a whole, thinking about positional play, pressing, countering formations and stuff like that. He would make an incredible individual/attacking coach though, I believe. Especially for young strikers/attackers who lack end product.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
And not just that, I think he would make a great scientists and maybe invent vaccine for Coronavirus? With his level of dedication you never know.

DVG7

Hopefully they do a Jordan style documentary on him, I imagine the mentalities are somewhat similar.

GiddyUp

And not just that, I think he would make a great scientists and maybe invent vaccine for Coronavirus? With his level of dedication you never know.
Great cnuty reply, I will consider it next time I want to be a dick.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don't think Ronaldo will be interest to be a manager. He will probably focus more on expanding his business with his brand after he retired, and maybe will always stay under spotlight too, in entertainment industry or something.

manutddjw

Not one Utd jersey spotted. Tells you all you need to know. He doesn't give a shit about us yet some in here would sell their kidney to shake his hand
I'm with you on this one. The guy would openly talk about his dream of Madrid, compared being here to being a slave and used us every summer to get a pay raise yet he's revered and people like De Gea and Rooney who gave their all for us are slammed the second they lose form. I don't get it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Ronaldo always struck me as a hugely dedicated professional, who was giving absolutely 100% to the one thing he could be great at. But every time I've seen an interview with him, or a documentary about him, he sounds remarkably thick. Like astonishingly thick. Maybe he has educated himself a little bit over the years. He certainly has the drive to do it. But successful management comes down to leadership principles more than anything. Everything about Ronaldo screams selfish narcissist, which is anti-antithetical to good leadership. I know someone is going to bring up Mourinho at this point, but there is a reason he can never survive more than 2-3 seasons at a club.

GiddyUp

Ronaldo always struck me as a hugely dedicated professional, who was giving absolutely 100% to the one thing he could be great at. But every time I've seen an interview with him, or a documentary about him, he sounds remarkably thick. Like astonishingly thick. Maybe he has educated himself a little bit over the years. He certainly has the drive to do it. But successful management comes down to leadership principles more than anything. Everything about Ronaldo screams selfish narcissist, which is anti-antithetical to good leadership. I know someone is going to bring up Mourinho at this point, but there is a reason he can never survive more than 2-3 seasons at a club.
What do you mean thick?

GiddyUp

I'm with you on this one. The guy would openly talk about his dream of Madrid, compared being here to being a slave and used us every summer to get a pay raise yet he's revered and people like De Gea and Rooney who gave their all for us are slammed the second they lose form. I don't get it.
Jesus christ man.

SirAF

Ageist
I’m surprised you would think that. I actually think he sounds fairly sharp, certainly not thick - especially when you consider how little education he’s had. He also picked up English fairly quickly as opposed to certain other players (yes, you Tevez).

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’m surprised you would think that. I actually think he sounds fairly sharp, certainly not thick - especially when you consider how little education he’s had. He also picked up English fairly quickly as opposed to certain other players (yes, you Tevez).
I haven’t seen him talk for a few years tbf. But I saw a movie about him about 5 years ago, and it was painful. But everybody grows, so I don’t want to be unfair. I guess he just never struck me as the cerebral type.

manutddjw

Jesus christ man.
What did I say that was incorrect? All the things I said he did, he did. Doesn’t take away that he’s a great player, I just don’t get people fawning over him but disrespecting players who’ve been much more loyal to this club.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think people behind the scenes kissed his arse to much but then again it's difficult. He was a top player but no ones to big for the club. Though he would always leave, I feel that were were to complimentary (from the outside looking in). Because there was still so much to achieve. He left at a bad time for us and Madrid owe him big time because if he never signed for them, Barcelona would have won a lot more trophies. That said, maybe he grew up in Madrid and realized what he left behind because it seems he'd forgotten and took that support for granted. Would have loved us to have bought him back. A shame it didn't happen.

Luke1995

As he ages closer to 40, his market value will decrease. I would be surprised if no club tries to sign him in the next two or three years.

RUCK4444

Hmmm I would say he was thick, certainly not the typical stereotypical ‘thick footballer’ type that people label certain players with.

Watch his relatively recent interview with Piers Morgan, consider he’s not speaking in his native language and he comes across well, loves himself of course but not thick imo.

Also compare his English to Nani and he speaks a lot clearer and that’s a decent comparison considering where they are both from and the fact Nani spent longer here.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Hmmm I would say he was thick, certainly not the typical stereotypical ‘thick footballer’ type that people label certain players with.

Watch his relatively recent interview with Piers Morgan, consider he’s not speaking in his native language and he comes across well, loves himself of course but not thick imo.

Also compare his English to Nani and he speaks a lot clearer and that’s a decent comparison considering where they are both from and the fact Nani spent longer here.
Did you watch/listen to the recent MUTV podcast?

RUCK4444

Did you watch/listen to the recent MUTV podcast?
Yeah and that's what brought it to mind actually, Nani speaks well enough but I think Ronnie speaks better in English if anything.

It sounds like he's been speaking it for a much longer time than Nani and he hasn't.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I only know of Maradona's cocaine abuse. Does he have any tales of gross sexual misconduct that add to his mystique?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
C Ronaldo isnt thick - he is delusional & stubborn (much like his supporters). He had to be to get to the level of GOAT.

He wasnt born with a small physique, take growth hormone Injections to make it, stayed at one club & league all their life and weaning off once that team is looking weaker every year once their other legends keep retiring also.

C Ronaldo is a pure individual, a ignorant individual who wanted to make it. He didnt want to be loyal to a club. He started off as one of the most skillful players I've ever seen and now he looks like one of the least but also the most refined and consistent players ever.

He literally goes from league to league, to the best club in each league to one day be known as the player who did that - the player who went to other leagues and did well in each single one never matter which team or team mates or tactics including the national team.

The museum is just intensity to his arrogance.

Absolutely beautiful and disgusting and distinct.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
C Ronaldo isnt thick - he is delusional & stubborn (much like his supporters). He had to be to get to the level of GOAT.

He wasnt born with a small physique, take growth hormone Injections to make it, stayed at one club & league all their life and weaning off once that team is looking weaker every year once their other legends keep retiring also.

C Ronaldo is a pure individual, a ignorant individual who wanted to make it. He didnt want to be loyal to a club. He started off as one of the most skillful players I've ever seen and now he looks like one of the least but also the most refined and consistent players ever.

He literally goes from league to league, to the best club in each league to one day be known as the player who did that - the player who went to other leagues and did well in each single one never matter which team or team mates or tactics including the national team.

I get what you mean, but it’s strange to describe someone who won 5 Ballon D’or/CL and earn close to 100m per year as “delusional” though. In the sense of regarding himself as GOAT, I would think he is arrogant, but every player at that level and with that sorts of achievements would think they are the best anyway. (I am sure players like Pele, Maradona, Messi, Cruyff would think they are the best too)

jamesjimmybyrondean

Is this supposed to be a good write up

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I get what you mean, but it’s strange to describe someone who won 5 Ballon D’or/CL and earn close to 100m per year as “delusional” though. In the sense of regarding himself as GOAT, I would think he is arrogant, but every player at that level and with that sorts of achievements would think they are the best anyway. (I am sure players like Pele, Maradona, Messi, Cruyff would think they are the best too)
I just know the stubborn delusion you must have to build a museum about your self and go on the career project that C Ronaldo has. Literally the eff what other people think about you attitude whilst partially caring also what they think to gear you up when required.

I just know it because personality wise there are people who have wished to one day be their own version of a C.Ronaldo before he even existed- grow up and be rich, be attractive to women, be successful in your job in different fields or different countries and get realised as the best at what you do because of it with the need for no help. Become a physical and mental phenomenon. Become a legend.

It's the same delusional arrogance that I was hoping to live by and one day hopefully achieve but he achieved it and he is doing it in football. Absolutely amazing.

For me C. Ronaldo is an art of a human being rather than a footballer & that's why I say if I have a son I will tell him to study him over a footballer who is born with talent.

Again as you can see - I am a fan like him and I am delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.