Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Neymar is clearly the best player on PSG. It's not even close.

You need to get it through your head that Ronaldo isn't a deity. Not everyone bows down to him like you do.
Ronaldo, Messi, Lewa. Those are the 3 current best players in the world (no order)

How is Neymar in that list?

SportingCP96

Supports
That's a better response than your last one.

People will have different opinions than you regarding Ronaldo. Don't take it so hard.
Thats fine but the lengths people will go to discredit the man is like anything I have ever seen in a sport.

Only thing comparable is the anti Lebron fans

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thats fine but the lengths people will go to discredit the man is like anything I have ever seen in a sport.

Only thing comparable is the anti Lebron fans
No one is really discrediting him though. You’re taking every slight criticism as a full blown attack.

wr8_utd

:'(
Was the first his 17th goal from the penalty spot this season? Only asking due to some unsubstantiated stat going around on Twitter.
Nah that's not true. He's scored only 14 for Juventus. I think 3 are for Portugal so don't know why people are counting those.

SportingCP96

Supports
I just told you I think Neymar(if fit) is a better player than the current Ronaldo.
Based on what? Neymar in his whole career has yet to even be slightly better then Ronaldo.

When has he overtaken him according to you? especially since he is in Ligue 1 for the last 3 Years.

(This is not me "fighting" your take but actually asking because this is the first I have seen of this opinion).

wr8_utd

Don't think Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo would work at all. There's too many egos in these. Neymar and Cavani already had issues and you add Ronaldo in there? Won't end well.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That Move would benefit both of them.

Great City and Ronaldo lifts there brand even more.

He would make them immediate favorites in the CL and they more then likely would win it as well.

PSG wins the CL and solidify themselves as footballing giants.
I’d play a 4-4-2 diamond with Neymar as free roaming 10 behind Ronaldo LF and Mbappe RF.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Don't think Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo would work at all. There's too many egos in these. Neymar and Cavani already had issues and you add Ronaldo in there? Won't end well.
Neymar didn’t respect Cavani. He would definitely respect CR7.

wr8_utd

Neymar didn’t respect Cavani. He would definitely respect CR7.
I'm sure he'd respect him but I don't see how it would work and I also don't know why PSG would go buy a 35 year old Ronaldo who they'd need to replace again in a year or two.

Eddy_JukeZ

Based on what? Neymar in his whole career has yet to even be slightly better then Ronaldo.

When has he overtaken him according to you? especially since he is in Ligue 1 for the last 3 Years.

(This is not me "fighting" your take but actually asking because this is the first I have seen of this opinion).
I think Neymar's been better than Ronaldo for 2 years now(maybe even 3).

I think Neymar brings more to a team now than Ronaldo currently does and your team's ceiling is higher with Neymar in the team.

Neymar's injury woes don't help though with his unavailability in big CL ties for PSG. That's why I said, if he's fit.

If Ronaldo doesn't score, I find his impact on the team to be greatly diminished nowadays.

Eire Red United

Now Ronaldo fans want him to go to play upfront with the 2 best players in the world (after Messi) at PSG, which btw also gets to only focus on CL since the french league is a walk in the park.

But apparently he relies less on his teammates, dont forget that.
He’s never gonna win the CL where he is and I doubt he’d propel PSG to it either. Bayern is his best bet but wouldnt get in ahead of Lewa at this stage

cyberman

Ronaldo would walk into that PSG side. I cant aee any scenario that would keep him on the bench

SportingCP96

Supports
I think Neymar's been better than Ronaldo for 2 years now(maybe even 3).

I think Neymar brings more to a team now than Ronaldo currently does and your team's ceiling is higher with Neymar in the team.

Neymar's injury woes don't help though with his unavailability in big CL ties for PSG. That's why I said, if he's fit.

If Ronaldo doesn't score, I find his impact on the team to be greatly diminished nowadays.
I highly disagree with this but its your opinion so It is what it is.

All I will say though is if you put Neymar in Juve vs Atletico in the second leg instead of Ronaldo or even in Juve today vs Lyon he would not have that ability to claw a team back the way Ronaldo does on such a constant basis.

We also have to remember Neymar is in France... He has yet to lead a team and has proven nothing in the biggest stages when I matters most (I guess you can put 2015 in there but that was an insane lineup.

They just aren't comparable IMO.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I just told you I think Neymar(if fit) is a better player than the current Ronaldo.
He's not and never will be as good as Ronaldo or will never score as many goals as Ronaldo.

Just because he crashed out tonight, doesn't not make him the best player in the CL (cristiano league)

United58

Imagine if he'd never left us, if Manchester had been his dream and not Madrid, how would things have gone?

Eddy_JukeZ

Ronaldo would walk into that PSG side. I cant aee any scenario that would keep him on the bench
That wasn't the argument though.

It was: Would it work out?

I highly doubt it would. I don't see why PSG would even go for the move. They should focus more on bringing in a center back.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He will definitely stay at Juve so any talk of PSG or a return to Madrid is nonsense. Needs to pray some quality creative players are brought in, Kulusevski will 100% be better than Bernardeschi and whoever they bring in as a striker will be better than this version of Higuain who should have gone to the MLS 2 years ago. So at least next year shouldn't be as bad as this season.

They should be all over signing Thiago btw, no idea why they don't even appear to be trying.
They don't have the money. They're gonna struggle to sign Milik, and are lucky barcelona were desperate to make a big profit so they got Arthur

cyberman

That wasn't the argument though.

It was: Would it work out?

I highly doubt it would. I don't see why PSG would even go for the move. They should focus more on bringing in a center back.
But they choke in the big moments going forward?
A big game killer would make a world of difference for them. They need a change of mentality at that club.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
The notion that any attack no matter how good more or less guarantees you winning the CL as @SportingCP96 feels is simply untrue. Neymar-Suarez-Messi which was actually a better fit style and position wise (and also better individually IMO) won just one CL out of three they contested, while clocking up one more or less embarrassing exit to Juventus of all teams.

Eddy_JukeZ

But they choke in the big moments going forward?
A big game killer would make a world of difference for them. They need a change of mentality at that club.
They've never had both Neymar and Mbappe fit for their big CL ties. That's their biggest problem to me.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They don't have the money. They're gonna struggle to sign Milik, and are lucky barcelona were desperate to make a big profit so they got Arthur
They won't even win the league next year if that's the case.

A club that wants to win the CL can't simply trade Arthur for Pjanic, bring in Kulusevski and Milik and call it a day. They need so much more than that after a season like this. Milik doesn't even start for Napoli...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They won't even win the league next year if that's the case.

A club that wants to win the CL can't simply trade Arthur for Pjanic, bring in Kulusevski and Milik and call it a day. They need so much more than that after a season like this. Milik doesn't even start for Napoli...
Nobody but the english clubs have money right now. Maybe PSG

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Why is everyone suddenly talking about Ney Ney?
Sorry to break it to ya, but Neymar is usually injuried for CL-knockouts, became a meme in a World Cup, and plays most of his matches in the french league.
So, he might technically be a top 3 player in the world, but he hasnt really been that for a while, so lets stop pretending that he is(until he proves it again).

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
The double standards of Ronaldo fans in here is just too much.

When Portugal win the Euros with Ronaldo on the sidelines for the final, he deserves the credit for leading his team on.

When Messi scores twice and sets up at least 5-6 good chances against Liverpool but Barcelona lose 4-3 on aggregate, he's a bottler.

When Ronaldo scores two goals (one from a ridiculous penalty) but does little else over two legs against fricking Lyon, he can't be blamed since he didn't perform badly and it must be everyone else's fault.

Not so easy for him without all those overrated bums from Madrid that Ronaldo fans have spent the last several years slagging off and belittling.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
It's quite incredible to think back three weeks ago when the Ballon d'Or was cancelled this year and Ronaldo fans all over social media were up in arms about him getting robbed or something. If there was a Ballon d'Or, he wouldn't even deserve top 5. He's had an awful Champions League campaign and has less than 25 goals without penalties for Juventus.

He might not even win the Dubai d'Or this year with the way he's performed.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm sure he'd respect him but I don't see how it would work and I also don't know why PSG would go buy a 35 year old Ronaldo who they'd need to replace again in a year or two.
To PSG it's probably no different than the owner buying a 200K car to then buy a 250K in two years time.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

Fisr half of 15-16

Messi was injured at the start of the season, Neymar ran the show, 4-0 vs Real Madrid included and 15 goals in the first half of the league plus a bunch of assists and awesome performances, Ronaldo had 14 goals, less assists and way less importance in the build up of his team compared to Ney.

It's absurd to say Neymar has never been better than Ronaldo for a set period of weeks or even months in the last 5 years. Season wise that's another story, with his injuries and playing in the Ligue 1 he's never going to be put at top 3 in the world again unless he wins the UCL or a WC.

I highly disagree with this but its your opinion so It is what it is.

All I will say though is if you put Neymar in Juve vs Atletico in the second leg instead of Ronaldo or even in Juve today vs Lyon he would not have that ability to claw a team back the way Ronaldo does on such a constant basis.

We also have to remember Neymar is in France... He has yet to lead a team and has proven nothing in the biggest stages when I matters most (I guess you can put 2015 in there but that was an insane lineup.

They just aren't comparable IMO.
If you want to see Neymar clawing a team back from a bad first leg, you just need to watch the 6-1 vs PSG. He may not have scored the 6 goals in that game, but he was the best player on the pitch by far, everything that happened that day, had his touch behind it

KeanoMagicHat

With Ronaldo scoring every Champions League knockout goal for Juventus but their performances declining since he joined, it shows why you shouldn't just judge players on what their teams win, you are only as good as your team-mates at the end of the day.

Ronaldo was exceptional in a few CL campaigns, 2016-17 in particular, but he was also carried through with some great performances by other Real players in other campaigns. He has been in fine form for Juve but other players haven't done it the way Real players did. Ronaldo also wasn't that great for Portugal in 2016 but they won the Euros and was better in 2012 and 2008 but they didn't win. Messi had great Copa Americas and they didn't win. He was poor in the last 3 games of the 2014 World Cup, but if Higuain sticks one in then Messi would be a world champion. Messi was the best player over two legs against Liverpool last year but Barca collapsed etc.

kidbob

United would be the smart move. He could take the boys under his wing.
God no. Thanks for the memories and all that. He's the second best player of all time but right now there's a different player 15 years younger, who grew up in Manchester and is less likely to play 'slave' and looking for a move to Spain that we should go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.