Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelRed

... Bruno? :lol:
I thought the absence of the current crop of talent would have made it obvious I was talking about the majority of Ronaldo's career with a very mediocre Portugal. Otherwise I'd have included the likes of Bernardo, Bruno & Felix

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Must be a record for headers scored too
Im pretty sure Ronaldo have most headed goals out of any active player at the top level, and its not even that close to the next few on the list.
Could be most of all time too, though i dont know if thats true or not, regardless he is one of the best headers of the ball ever.

Luke1995

If he got to 900 career goals before turning 40 then I'm confident he'd play until he got to 1000 even if he had to play with a cane at 60 :lol:

He's only at 739 career goals though, not 757. 757 counts goals for the youth teams. Pretty much guaranteed to get to 800 career goals unless he gets a serious injury. 900 will be very tough, 1000 would require superhuman longevity, 0 injuries and retiring to a place where he could statpad to even have the tiniest chance of happening.
Thanks for the information. If we count youth team goals then Pelé is untouchable. But Ronaldo looks on track to end his career with more goals than Messi, which is impressive.

I think it's certain that he will play until at least 37 years old. So, we got this upcoming season and 2021-22 to see for sure (Unless injury..) and who knows, maybe he retires after 2022 world cup, maybe not. I think he could maintain a good level until 2023 at least. It's likely that in 2024 or 2025 he would call it quits if he doesn't do it before. So, to sum it up, this upcoming season may be his last at this insane level he's always had.

Luke1995

If he is willing to play in US or Japan or China it’s possible to achieve that. But will he settle for playing in lower league and not being able to compete with best of world for that long? I doubt so. He will retire in 2-3 years while still among the top. In fact, I think he will plan for retirement after he has broke the remaining 2 biggest record (career goals and international goals), and after playing next WC.
I think he would do it if his family wanted to live in one of these places, but he would never go there due to sporting reasons.

Any idea on where he's at on Juventus's all time top scorers list ? :lol:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I think he would do it if his family wanted to live in one of these places, but he would never go there due to sporting reasons.

Del Piero has 290 so don’t think that record is in any danger..

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder how long he will play for.

If he manages to coup something soon at Juventus it would be great because I'd like to see him at one more league like Germany or France before settling down in Portugal.

For all I know doing all 3 by the time he is 40 is his master plan.

Luke1995

I wonder how long he will play for.

If he manages to coup something soon at Juventus it would be great because I'd like to see him at one more league like Germany or France before settling down in Portugal.

For all I know doing all 3 by the time he is 40 is his master plan.
France likely isn't a competitive enough league to pick up his interest and in Germany, I feel like neither Bayern or Dortmund would want him. As far as I know, both of these clubs never showed any interest in the past.

Maybe he could go to PSG if his lone goal was to win the CL but doubtful.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Good finish, could have score another 1 or 2 goals today if more luck. He will keep on scoring lot of goals this season for sure.

Luke1995

He already has 66 goals for Juventus. Fillipo Inzaghi ranks 15th in the all time top scorer list with 89. Ronaldo is surely going to get into that ranking this season, which is just stunning.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Assume he will stay for 2 more seasons at Juventus, and average around 30+ goals a season, he would probably end up at around 7th or 8th place in all time top scores list for Juventus.

MrEleson

Would he become one of the only players ever to score over 100 goals for 3 different clubs assuming he reaches that landmark this season with Juve?

It’s a testament to his almost supernatural longevity that he could retire as an all-time great for all 3 of Juve, ManUtd & Real Madrid respectively. The biggest club in each of their leagues and 3 of the very biggest clubs on the planet.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Would he become one of the only players ever to score over 100 goals for 3 different clubs assuming he reaches that landmark this season with Juve?

It’s a testament to his almost supernatural longevity that he could retire as an all-time great for all 3 of Juve, ManUtd & Real Madrid respectively. The biggest club in each of their leagues and 3 of the very biggest clubs on the planet.
Even more impressive when you factor in his 100+ goals for Portugal too.

SirAF

Ageist

I just Googled superficially, but I found this from 2017 https://www.90min.com/posts/5765181...ave-scored-100-goals-for-2-top-division-clubs

It was a big deal when Cavani did it for two clubs.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
Your high. Not even top 5?

Have you been watching football this year?
:D:D

4 Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 53 votes
= Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) 53 votes
6 Thomas Müller (Bayern) 41 votes
7 Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain) 39 votes
8 Thiago Alcántara (Bayern) 27 votes
9 Joshua Kimmich (Bayern) 26 votes
10 Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) 25 votes

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Wasting his talents in this Juve squad.
Could easily still score 50 goals a season.

This Juve team is just lacking a lot of quality. Let’s see how the season unfolds.

At 35 this guy is still the same player he was when he was 30, he is defying Father Time every Season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This season:
3 goals in 2 games for Juventus
2 goals in 1 games for Portugal

That's 5 goals in 3 games.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
According to Transfermarkt Ronaldo has the third best goals to games ratio of any player who played for Juventus more than twice. The two others are Pietro Pastore (1923-27) and Ferenc Hirzer (1925-27).

Goals per game are 0.75, 0.89 and 1.11 respectively.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
According to Transfermarkt Ronaldo has the third best goals to games ratio of any player who played for Juventus more than twice. The two others are Pietro Pastore (1923-27) and Ferenc Hirzer (1925-27).

Goals per game are 0.75, 0.89 and 1.11 respectively.
Apart from the decline of the league compared what it was in the 80's and 90's, it's still seriously impressive, especially at his age where most footballers have retired or on the verge. Barring serious injury I can still see him in Europe until he's 40.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I didn't follow the story but last week Deschamps mentioned that Juventus had several covid cases and that it was the reason why Rabiot joined the team later. Is it true that Ronaldo didn't respect the quarantine and left earlier?

RashyForPM

Recover quick, GOAT. I mean, he will, just hope he’s match fit to play the October 29 game against Messi and Barca, as he’ll have to isolate for two weeks until October 27. With his private training though, I’m sure he will. Now that will be a real spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.