Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Some neat passes from Ronaldo today as well. I think he poacher label is not entirely correct. He has more of a buildup play than likes of Owen, Inzaghi, Crespo etc

Hitsu

Supports
Chelsea
I can see how PSG would be a great fit for Cristiano but would they really want him? I suppose it would soften the blow of losing Mbappe and/or Neymar if they go. Surely he'll need load management considering we're going condensed season - > euros - > condensed season - > WC and then he'd be turning 38 right? I guess with FFP dying maybe PSG won't care about his wage and just give him what he wants

Oranges038

Just missed 3 sitters in a minute.

Awful, he's finished.

Edit:This is bait.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Just missed 3 sitters in a minute.

Awful, he's finished.
:houllier::lol::houllier::lol:That’s how I know he’s that good.
Calling him finished when he has nearly 40 goals this season and will probably surpass 40 at 36.

What a god.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Messi is a penality missing cry baby who can't win an international piece of silver with the worlds most talented squad in years.

Now let's end this civil debate.
trolling? Argentina were far from the worlds most talented squad

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I wouldn't be so harsh on Messi, but its worth pointing out that they pretty much played Copa America basically every year for a period, so he did have plenty more chances than those playing for European sides to win a national trophy.
yes but when recent euro winners like Portugal got knocked out in their two most recent tournaments by the likes of Chile and Uruguay

wasn’t like he was losing finals to minnows but I agree far more opportunities than the euros for sure

AgentSmith

Messi is a penality missing cry baby who can't win an international piece of silver with the worlds most talented squad in years.

Now let's end this civil debate.
The 2014 Argentina team was more talented than the Spain team a few years before that..?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Don't know what it is about Ronaldo. United legend and all that. Made two CL finals with him, winning one; league titles etc etc. I should still really love him, but I don't. I should at least like him, but I don't. Undoubtedly one of the all time great players. I think it's just because he comes across as extremely petulant, sort of like a massive man baby. That said, it's not fair to blame him for the sub-culture of hysterical fanaticism that's goes on in his name, just like isn't fair to blame Messi for the same. But lord it is tiring.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Can you go through the world cup squads without stumbling into world class name after world class name that also performed really well for the NT side?
Sure, you said he had the most talented squad in the world which is blatantly false. I'd argue Germany, France and Belgium were just as talented. You are just looking at names, but Argentina, while talented, weren't balanced at all. Without stumbling can you name any other player who took his team to 4 straight finals on the NT stage?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'd say that the best teams with the best managers have won the previous world cups for quite some time now. It's not like Portugal wasn't twatted by Germany in the 2014 WC either.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Sure, you said he had the most talented squad in the world which is blatantly false. I'd argue Germany, France and Belgium were just as talented. You are just looking at names, but Argentina, while talented, weren't balanced at all. Without stumbling can you name any other player who took his team to 4 straight finals on the NT stage?
I also said Messi is a crybaby I was trying to get read of the Messi fans in the Ronaldo thread. Didn't work.

Belgium was not as talented. Argentina had a top 3 squad. Messi did not take them straight to finals every time either he has had stinker of games. They wouldn't have qualified on one occasion if it was not for Higuin and Di Maria iirc was vital in 2014. Now if you'd reply to me in the Messi vs Ronaldo thread it would be nicer.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I also said Messi is a crybaby I was trying to get read of the Messi fans in the Ronaldo thread. Didn't work.

Belgium was not as talented. Argentina had a top 3 squad. Messi did not take them straight to finals every time either he has had stinker of games. They wouldn't have qualified on one occasion if it was not for Higuin and Di Maria iirc was vital in 2014. Now if you'd reply to me in the Messi vs Ronaldo thread it would be nicer.
Don't want to derail this thread, and Belgium's squad in 2014 was deeper than Argentina's

bakalhau

He's on track to 40 goals this season. Just keeping up his 0.8888 goal/game rate in all comps for the next games he'll get there.

SirAF

Ageist
1000 might be a big ask, but he should be able to get close to 900 - provided he stays clear of a nasty injury.

Tallis

Don't know what it is about Ronaldo. United legend and all that. Made two CL finals with him, winning one; league titles etc etc. I should still really love him, but I don't. I should at least like him, but I don't. Undoubtedly one of the all time great players. I think it's just because he comes across as extremely petulant, sort of like a massive man baby. That said, it's not fair to blame him for the sub-culture of hysterical fanaticism that's goes on in his name, just like isn't fair to blame Messi for the same. But lord it is tiring.
I actually like that about him. He shows who he is and doesn’t pretend to be someone he is not. His work ethic backs up what he claims to be - its not just talk.

DaGOAT

Messi is greater.

734 goals

309 assists

34 trophies

55 freekicks

54 hattricks

50 league goals in a season

73 goals all competitions in a season

91 goals in a calendar year

7 Pichichi

6 Golden Boot

6 Ballon d'Or

1 World Cup Golden Ball

6 FIFA Best Player

2 UEFA Best Player

Goalscorer and playmaker (unlike Ronaldo)

Better goal/match ratio compared to Ronaldo.

Better assist/match ratio compared to Ronaldo.

Sure Messi has one less CL titles, but Messi beat Ronaldo is their only CL final together, and Messi has more league titles in total, many of which he directly faced Ronaldo’s Madrid. Ronaldo only has two league title during his many years in Madrid as a consequence of Messi’s dominance.

Again, give me Messi’s accomplishments all day over Ronaldo’s.

NM

Messi is greater.

734 goals

309 assists

34 trophies

55 freekicks

54 hattricks

7 Pichichi

6 Golden Boot

6 Ballon d'Or

1 World Cup Golden Ball

6 FIFA Best Player

2 UEFA Best Player

Sure Messi has one less CL titles, but Messi beat Ronaldo is their only CL final together, and Messi has more league titles in total, many of which he directly faced Ronaldo’s Madrid. Ronaldo only has two league title during his many years in Madrid as a consequence of Messi’s dominance.

Take it to the Ronaldo vs Messi thread. How hard is it to follow simple thread rules?

SirAF

Ageist

734 goals

309 assists

34 trophies

55 freekicks

54 hattricks

7 Pichichi

6 Golden Boot

6 Ballon d'Or

1 World Cup Golden Ball

6 FIFA Best Player

2 UEFA Best Player

No.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Messi is greater.

734 goals

309 assists

34 trophies

55 freekicks

54 hattricks

7 Pichichi

6 Golden Boot

6 Ballon d'Or

1 World Cup Golden Ball

6 FIFA Best Player

2 UEFA Best Player

Correct. But not the thread for it.

spaceboyRSA

Messi is greater.

734 goals

309 assists

34 trophies

55 freekicks

54 hattricks

7 Pichichi

6 Golden Boot

6 Ballon d'Or

1 World Cup Golden Ball

6 FIFA Best Player

2 UEFA Best Player

Go away. This is the wrong thread for such rubbish

Pickle85

Messi is greater.

734 goals

309 assists

34 trophies

55 freekicks

54 hattricks

7 Pichichi

6 Golden Boot

6 Ballon d'Or

1 World Cup Golden Ball

6 FIFA Best Player

2 UEFA Best Player

Why the constant need to compare in one or the other's thread? It's like you've popped in purely to start a fight. I find it utterly bizarre that grown adults develop this sort of fanatical attachment to a football player they've never met that plays for a team they don't support. Not to mention the childish 'my dad is bigger than your dad and could beat him up' nonsense that follows.

spaceboyRSA

Why the constant need to compare in one or the other's thread? It's like you've popped in purely to start a fight. I find it utterly bizarre that grown adults develop this sort of fanatical attachment to a football player they've never met that plays for a team they don't support. Not to mention the childish 'my dad is bigger than your dad and could beat him up' nonsense that follows.
Nicely said.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This debate is just the same fecking idiotic back and forth for the past 5 years. It's genuinely pointless.

They're both good players. They're both in the top 5 of all time. The order is probably down to personal taste.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.