Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He'd go back to Madrid surely. They could use him. He could come here as well. Can't see him returning to Portugal since Sporting would have no chance to win the CL.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He'd go back to Madrid surely. They could use him. He could come here as well. Can't see him returning to Portugal since Sporting would have no chance to win the PL.
madrid won’t go for him, they want mbappe

DelPotro

Shouldn't he be happy to play in the Europa League since he can pad his stats against weaker teams?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He should leave Juventus. They are not the right team for him, their football is too slow, boring and defensive, their manager is totally clueless, and he doesn’t have more time to waste at this stage of his career. If he could score ~35 goals a season in this Juventus team, I am sure he could still score the same, if not more elsewhere.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He should leave Juventus. They are not the right team for him, their football is too slow, boring and defensive, their manager is totally clueless, and he doesn’t have more time to waste at this stage of his career. If he could score ~35 goals a season in this Juventus team, I am sure he could still score the same, if not more elsewhere.
at least now he knows what Messi has also been dealing with in regards to poor management, unbalanced squad, mid table coaches in over their heads etc..

Threesus

at least now he knows what Messi has also been dealing with in regards to poor management, unbalanced squad, mid table coaches in over their heads etc..
I think Messi has worked with only 1 world class manager in Pep. Although that number might be 2 depending on how you classify Enrique.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
At least Messi has had the luxury of having his club spend lavishly on players... Juve are penny pinching cnts that only take free players :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
True, but at least Barca football always build around Messi strength I believe, even under average coach and poor management. Of course, Messi has always been playing exceptionally well at Barca too, which is mainly due to his credits. But to be honest, I couldn’t imagine how Messi would perform in a team which doesn’t quite match his style.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I think Messi has worked with only 1 world class manager in Pep. Although that number might be 2 depending on how you classify Enrique.
I wouldn’t call Enrique world class, I agree with you. Shame Tito passed away when he did, I feel like he had a lot of potential.

FatTails

True, but at least Barca football always build around Messi strength I believe, even under average coach and poor management. Of course, Messi has always been playing exceptionally well at Barca too, which is mainly due to his credits. But to be honest, I couldn’t imagine how Messi would perform in a team which doesn’t quite match his style.
He would still perform well, and put up excellent numbers by anyone’s standard, but not by the standards he’s set at Barca.

For example, he has 71 goals and 41 assists in 142 games for Argentina. 37 goals and 27 assists for Argentina in 95 if only counting competitive games (no friendlies).

Really good, but not Messi-good. He’s an incredible player, and Barca also have been excellent at getting a lot out of him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Juventus must be very happy with this transfer, I hope they are ready to lose half the followers next year when he leaves.

Ronaldo, he could hardly do any better, but it was always the wrong decision for both sides involved.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He'd go back to Madrid surely. They could use him. He could come here as well. Can't see him returning to Portugal since Sporting would have no chance to win the PL.
If he would take reduced wages, perhaps.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Also, what a fecking failure pirlo is as a coach. Cluster feck of shit. Same as Arteta and Lampard.

Go win trophies and learn how to manage.
I wish people would stop coming up with these lazy arguments. Zidane and Pep had no senior managerial experience yet it worked out alright for them. Ole had managed Cardiff and Molde, not exactly a stellar CV for a prospective Utd manager, yet he's doing pretty well.

It's a matter of compatibility and loads of other circumstances that determine whether a managerial appointment will succeed or not. And yes experience is a factor but it's not the only factor that determines success or failure. If it was, people like Jose and Ancelotti would be winning leagues every year.

gibers

If Juve don't make top 4, the Ronaldo project would be Pound for pound, the worst transfer in Juve's modern history and an unmitigated failure

No wonder Allegri said they should sell him before he left and there are news rounds of Giuseppe Marotta trying to block his transfer which led to his sacking. Since he joined, Juve have played their worst football since their consecutive title run and have gone backwards in the Champions League.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It's as if you're blaming them for accepting those jobs. Would you refuse ?
Lampard was monumentally stupid.

He was always going to get offered that role within the next 10 years. He will probably get offered it again, but it was a silly mistake on his behalf.

As for the other two, they’re were in no way qualified for either role to any extent.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lampard was monumentally stupid.

He was always going to get offered that role within the next 10 years. He will probably get offered it again, but it was a silly mistake on his behalf.

As for the other two, they’re were in no way qualified for either role to any extent.
Maybe, maybe not. That's speculation. He was out of his depth for sure but the offer was there and concrete. Who knows what could happen in the future ?

phenry

Why base it on Cavani staying ot going?
We need a senior player that our young forwards can look up to. I'm not convinced Ronnie will be worth the money based on his performances on the pitch. If we have Cavani there's not enough of a gap to fill to justify the high wages

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
How is this Ronaldo's fault? He still puts up his numbers to help Juventus.
Also they have spent a lot in expensive wage players, not just Ronaldo.

Without Ronaldo and this policy they've been following this would have happened 2 years ago.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
How is this Ronaldo's fault? He still puts up his numbers to help Juventus.
Also they have spent a lot in expensive wage players, not just Ronaldo.

Without Ronaldo and this policy they've been following this would have happened 2 years ago.
It's not Ronaldo's fault. It's poor management and investment all around.

Ladron de redcafe

If Juve don't make top 4, the Ronaldo project would be Pound for pound, the worst transfer in Juve's modern history and an unmitigated failure

No wonder Allegri said they should sell him before he left and there are news rounds of Giuseppe Marotta trying to block his transfer which led to his sacking. Since he joined, Juve have played their worst football since their consecutive title run and have gone backwards in the Champions League.
They regressed in every sense. They had been Seria A champions for the previous 7 seasons and had won the domestic double the previous 4 while reaching 2 Champions League finals.

They paid Ronaldo 4 times as much as anyone else to take them to the next level, and then instead immediately regressed domestically and in Europe. A disappointment for Jive.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
Neymar and Mbappe Left and right wing and Ronaldo striker which he would be fine with because that’s his main positions pretty much anyways.
After the season Mbappe has had, I’m sure he would love being shunted out to the right wing to accomodate a 36 year old who has been average at best in 2021 so far.

Tallis

that’s one way to look at it.

Opposite argument would be that their squad was past it and Ronaldo’s goal scoring helped win a couple of titles during this period of transition. I don’t think you could blame this season on Ronaldo though. His goal scoring has been good when the tactics have been poor.

RUCK4444

Sorry but that’s the equivalent of us claiming we’ve had an awful season because we’ve not won the league and blaming our top goalscorer Bruno for it.

It’s nonsense. He’s still out scoring players that people here cream themselves about whilst arguably playing in a better league than said players.

“I can’t believe how poor Juve have been, that’s bloody Ronaldo’s fault for smashing in all them goals, the fecker.” :houllier:

MrEleson

Since he joined, Juve have played their worst football since their consecutive title run and have gone backwards in the Champions League.
Correlation doesn’t equal causation. Since he joined, Juve have also failed massively to properly invest in their team and rectify glaring issues they’ve had. If anything, he papered over the cracks for them in the previous two years.

Chicharo

Don't want him, he had the chance to stay with us and win as much titles as he did with Madrid. He chose Madrid. Let him go to PSG. LA Galaxy wherever. Like I stated before, give us a proper DM and a long term striker and we don't need him anyway

Rojow

Don't want him, he had the chance to stay with us and win as much titles as he did with Madrid. He chose Madrid. Let him go to PSG. LA Galaxy wherever. Like I stated before, give us a proper DM and a long term striker and we don't need him anyway
Fully agree. The cnt leave us when we were in our best moment. The things we could've done with that squad if he didn't leave.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Correlation doesn’t equal causation. Since he joined, Juve have also failed massively to properly invest in their team and rectify glaring issues they’ve had. If anything, he papered over the cracks for them in the previous two years.
It is not his fault but the lack of investments are due to Juve paying 100m for Ronaldo, god knows what in signing and agents fees and his absolutely massive wages.

MrEleson

It is not his fault but the lack of investments are due to Juve paying 100m for Ronaldo, god knows what in signing and agents fees and his absolutely massive wages.
Juve should've known that before signing him. Ronaldo came in and did what was asked. The management should be the ones held responsible for not properly assessing that the club simply couldn't afford Ronaldo while continuing to invest in the team as they obviously can't flex the same financial muscle the likes of Barca, Madrid, PSG, etc can.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Do you really think Luis Enrique’s team played the same style as Guardiola’s? I thought the consensus was their midfield three were very passive by 2015 and the front three dictated the style of play, which was much more direct. Surely you don’t think they both played the same style as Valverde...?

Suedesi

I've been reading a lot here that it's not Ronaldo's fault, he's put up good numbers, but somehow Juve have failed him.

I guess fanboys don't realize football is a collective sport, you need everyone to do their part not just hang by the goalmouth to tap in or shoot PK's. Football has moved on from the bonafide striker superstar - both City and Chelsea for example don't have any world class strikers, in fact they have very average to below strikers (by goal stats alone), but in return they work their asses off; pressing, rushing, hurrying, moving into space etc. Ronaldo's movement in the box is still world class and he's still deadly, but the moment Juve lose the ball he just becomes a passenger. This is not recent (he was like that at United), but he's taken it to a new extreme at Juve.

Juve haven't helped themselves with appointing Pirlo or not building their midfield at all, but Ronaldo is not blameless in their debacle of a season.

cyberman

Juve should've known that before signing him. Ronaldo came in and did what was asked. The management should be the ones held responsible for not properly assessing that the club simply couldn't afford Ronaldo while continuing to invest in the team as they obviously can't flex the same financial muscle the likes of Barca, Madrid, PSG, etc can.
Theyve spent 400m odd from signing Ronaldo 3 years ago!
This is like blaming Bruno if we struggled and surrounded him with shit

Status
Not open for further replies.