Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP

Ronaldo clearly scores a lot of tap ins but he's also capable of scoring ridiculous goals. If you aggregate his top 10 goals, it'd be up there with any of the all-time greats' collections. And that's why we can say Ronaldo is comfortably better than a 'regular' goal machine like Muller - he can do things with the ball that very few players can.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Ronaldo clearly scores a lot of tap ins but he's also capable of scoring ridiculous goals. If you aggregate his top 10 goals, it'd be up there with any of the all-time greats' collections. And that's why we can say Ronaldo is comfortably better than a 'regular' goal machine like Muller - he can do things with the ball that very few players can.
well, thats why ronaldo is in the ten all time greatest while gerd muller isnt

SirAF

Ageist
i'm not saying that ronaldo is not great, i think he is one of the best ten players ever

but if he scores a tap in, he scores a tap in wether you like it or not
I love it when he scores a tap in! I don't care if he scores a free kick, tap in or a deflection off his arse as long as it's a goal. But can you confirm that you use the fact that he scores a lot of tap in's as a criticism or not?

no, he is right, that's why i said "ok"
Fair enough, I just sensed a passive-aggressive "ok" ;)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
If a goal is a goal then why did people criticise Suarez for none of his goals being against the top 4 last season?
I'm not sure the comparison is equal to be fair. I don't think people criticized the goals Suarez did score, but question the fact he couldn't get any against the top 4 teams. It doesn't take away from the goals he scored (or how he scored them), but led to people doubting how effective a goalscorer he is against the best teams. I don't think there is much of a debate mind, he is insanely good and I'm sure his record vs top four under Barcelona will be much better.

Last edited:

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I love it when he scores a tap in! I don't care if he scores a free kick, tap in or a deflection off his arse as long as it's a goal. But can you confirm that you use the fact that he scores a lot of tap in's as a criticism or not?

Fair enough, I just sensed a passive-aggressive "ok" ;)
not really, i think ronaldo is a great player*, but i also think that a tap in, even if it counts the same, is not as impressive as a goal scored after elluding ten rival players

benzema movement for ronaldo first goal was more impresive than ronaldo goal

that doesnt make ronaldo less of a player

and that doesnt taint ronaldo's good name

the fact that ronaldo fans think that pointing out that he scored a tap in smears his reputation is just amusing

*one of the best ever

SirAF

Ageist
not really, i think ronaldo is a great player*, but i also think that a tap in, even if it counts the same, is not as impressive as a goal scored after elluding ten rival players

benzema movement for ronaldo first goal was more impresive than ronaldo goal

that doesnt make ronaldo less of a player

and that doesnt taint ronaldo's good name

the fact that ronaldo fans think that pointing out that he scored a tap in smears his reputation is just amusing

*one of the best ever
That's fair enough, I suppose.

For the record, I don't think that pointing out that he scored a tap in "smears his reputation". However, I think that some of his detractors are convinced of that (not neccassarily saying you here).

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Can you make a fan chart for the two players please, the fan/transfer model has needed an update for a long while?
The fan/transfer-model is very valid so I don't understand why you try to punch me with that. It's actually quite funny people don't understand how much money we're missing out on every home game - every year! I paid £250 to come over and watch fecking Aston Villa this easter and that makes it the market price. Just because some stubborn cheap fans think it's OK to put a price roof just so they can bring their fatty asses over to the ground and watch when there are other people missing out because they were not high up enough on a fecking waiting list. With the same logic only the enthusiastic car lovers would get to drive a Ferrari and it would cost £20 000. So ask yourself why everyone should be entitled to watch high profile games while shutting out people who'd be willing to pay three times the price and earn the club a lot more. It's the WRONG FAN at the games today!! We could have bought Ronaldo every year, and if people knew that they might start consider watching the game infront of a computer instead of holding up seats.

acnumber9

and you are dressing it as a praise, and in my book that's stupid

and btw, i'm not critizising him for that, i'm just stating that it was a tap in

and people here get wounded
Of course it is praise. If it were as easy as you're making it out to be then there'd be more people doing it. It's a pointless statement. The people talking about will have seen the goal and been perfectly aware of what the goal was like.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: Snake and Marcos' posts reek of pure bitterness! I think they might be on the brink of a meltdown personally. :lol:

Here, suck on this

All this talk about the best player.... just look at that pic and you'll know who it is.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I was actually worried about Snake's health when i heard Ronaldo won it again

SirAF

Ageist
:lol: Snake and Marcos' posts reek of pure bitterness! I think they might be on the brink of a meltdown personally. :lol:

Here, suck on this

All this talk about the best player.... just look at that pic and you'll know who it is.
:drool:

I was actually worried about Snake's health when i heard Ronaldo won it again
Me too... :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Snake is alright when he doesn't wum. I was surprised he is a Motherwell fan (credit for not being mainstream) and not a Barcelona or an United rival club fan, with his obsession regarding Ronaldo.

Treble

@ the stats guys

Ronaldo's on the way to a third 40 + season in the league alone. Is there a player in history who has scored three times 40 or more league goals? Pele?

SirAF

Ageist
Snake is alright when he doesn't wum. I was surprised he is a Motherwell fan (credit for not being mainstream) and not a Barcelona or an United rival club fan, with his obsession regarding Ronaldo.
I agree, The Snake is okay as long as we stay away from the Ronaldo/Messi topic.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Vato and fishfingers post are relevant and doesnt deserve an admonition

saying ronaldo scored a tap in, is bad, making fun of other posters it's ok

ok, following that "logic"

fishfingers and Vato, you both can suck my cock and do gargles with my cum

and, to not be accused of talking bad about ronaldo, today he scored a fantastic tap in
You are losing it mate. Why get upset with crap like this. This coming from a user that "likes" you.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

and, to not be accused of talking bad about ronaldo, today he scored a fantastic tap in
:lol:

How did you ever become a mod on this forum? Good for nothing poster. If only I can ignore you

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

:lol: Can you bottle your tears, Marcos?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
i'm losing it?

fishfingers post of the day "marcos :lol:"

vato "Here, suck on this"

im losing it ...
I'm talking about the cock remarks mate. That didn't look like an appropriate reply for a member or mod. But i don't want to get involved in this. It's a pointless and senseless discussion. I have no problems with you.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Vato and fishfingers post are relevant and doesnt deserve an admonition.

:lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板

Well this thread developed rapidly since I've been here last time around 12. :lol:

Treble

Consecutivly?
No, I meant only league goals, not goals in all compets.

Even Pele had only two consecutive 50 + seasons in his career. Ronaldo may not be the best ever, but he is probably the most consistent ever.

SirAF

Ageist
No, I meant only league goals, not goals in all compets.

Even Pele had only two consecutive 50 + seasons in his career. Ronaldo may not be the best ever, but he is probably the most consistent ever.
Yeah, I meant that too :p

You are probably right about the consistency, amazing.

Treble

Pele has scored 643 goals in official games. Ronaldo could score more, if he plays another 6-7 seasons at top level. Wouldn't put it beyond him.

Mersault

Raul 228 goals for Real Madrid in 550 games according to Wikipedia.
Ronaldo 205 goals in 182 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.