Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Man Utd could land Cristiano Ronaldo in sensational swap transfer with Juventus for wantaway Paul Pogba

And according to The Independent's Chief Football Writer Miguel Delaney, he could soon return.

He told The Football Ramble's On The Continent show: "Talking to people during the week because I've been doing something on the Paul Pogba situation, which is connected to Ronaldo, and the fact that Juventus might actually be interested in a swap.

"It's not impossible. Connected to all that was the view that ultimately, Juventus are trying to install this collective idea of football.

"They tried it with Sarri, now they're trying do it with Pirlo, but that is almost impossible to do while Ronaldo is there, because the way he plays, he just doesn't really fit into that collective approach.

"Now, obviously that was not a problem at all when he was at his absolute maximum, but now it means, even more than ever, Juventus have to play a certain way.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13445701/man-utd-ronaldo-pogba-swap/
Juventus want to play in a collective way but want Paul Pogba. Something does not add up.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We'd have had a chance with Ronaldo if we were in Liverpool's position. He might have also considered it if it to looked like all we needed was him to get to the top but that's not the case

Jonno

We'd have had a chance with Ronaldo if we were in Liverpool's position. He might have also considered it if it to looked like all we needed was him to get to the top but that's not the case
If we had Ronaldo from the start of the season we’d be top of the league with a game in hand, as he would have added about 10 league goals to our cause compared to Matrial’s 0

Devil81

If we had Ronaldo from the start of the season we’d be top of the league with a game in hand, as he would have added about 10 league goals to our cause compared to Matrial’s 0
And we'd be still in the Champions league as he would have put PSG to the sword at Old Trafford. Truth be told he'd lift everyone with his amazing leadership and workrate.

We couldn't swap a prime Pogba for a 36 year old no matter how good he is though.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Maybe so. But we don't have him and I'd say we haven't done enough to convince him that he'd be making the right decision. Maybe he could decide for once to come to a club that is an actual challenge

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Ronaldo himself would lift the team and don't forget what he'll feed to cavani inside the box.

Matthew84!

I'd definitely swap him for Pogba, yes he's getting on and would cost alot in wages but he scores goals and we currently struggle with that, he might help Rashford and Greenwood on how to maintain fitness levels and longevity in the game, Bruno plays with him at Portugal so no issues there, unsure if he'd come here thou,

Green_Red

IF we signed Ronaldo in January the instant goal threat he brings would win us the league this year. I 100% believe that. Problem is his age, not his ability.

GBBQ

When you take all of Pogba's situation into account (the expiring contract, no interest in staying, mouthy agent, COVID destroying the market meaning we wont come close to getting our money back) you'd have to think that bringing back Ronaldo must at least be considered as an option.

Club legend returning - great for team, supporters, marketing and sponsors
Still in great condition and could have 2-3 seasons in him if managed well
Bringing that winning mentality to the team
Could add that consistency that's missing in the team and take some pressure off Bruno in terms of playmaking

I'd have stayed away under normal circumstances but if its a way to move Pogba on and not look like we've been completely taken to the cleaners its something of a win

Coops73

Swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would be a reet laugh but doesn’t Ronaldo play as a striker these days?

MalcolmTucker

Swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would be a reet laugh but doesn’t Ronaldo play as a striker these days?
I don't think a player swap means they have to play the same position.

I'd be very happy with Ronaldo for Pogba. He may not be the dynamic player he was when he left us but his movement and his winning mentality is what we need.

Coops73

I don't think a player swap means they have to play the same position.

I'd be very happy with Ronaldo for Pogba.
I’m not suggesting that, I’m just wondering where he would fit in regards to the front three.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't care if their market values differ (which I'm not even sure of) or that Ronnie is much older. The main thing for me would be having Ronaldo back would be exciting and people would be waiting restlessly for every game. How long has it been since that was the case...?

Luke1995

If he came in, probably one of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood would have to go...

I'm not including Cavani because, well, he was just signed...

Rashford is the one playing better this season while Greenwood obviously has alot of potential, so if Ronaldo came... I wouldn't be able to see a future for Martial here. Have you guys thought about that ?

Either way, I think Ronaldo is highly unlikely to return. We have been linked with him so many times in the past. The closest being reportedly 2013 when Moyes came in.

I just can't see him wanting to come back after 12 years away.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Rashford is the one playing better this season while Greenwood obviously has alot of potential, so if Ronaldo came... I wouldn't be able to see a future for Martial here. Have you guys thought about that ?

Either way, I think Ronaldo is highly unlikely to return. We have been linked with him so many times in the past. The closest being reportedly 2013 when Moyes came in.

Martial has no future here anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

They'd simply go to the bench and get rotated in and out. Its a long league season with multiple cups, so it could work.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Every day and twice on Sundays.

Luke1995

They'd simply go to the bench and get rotated in and out. Its a long league season with multiple cups, so it could work.
Sure, but how to keep all these stars happy ? You would have about five top players fighting for two spots at most

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sure, but how to keep all these stars happy ? You would have about five top players fighting for two spots at most
They probably wouldn't, so one might leave - and that one would almost surely be Martial since he seems to have hit a ceiling. Can't see us getting rid of any of the local kids.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ronaldo wanting to play under Ole? That probably ranks higher on the scale of ludicrousness than United thinking Bebe was going to be a star.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ronaldo wanting to play under Ole? That probably ranks higher on the scale of ludicrousness than United thinking Bebe was going to be a star.
Its not so ludicrous when you consider they were teammates at one point and already know one another from his early career days.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Its not so ludicrous when you consider they were teammates at one point and already know one another from his early career days.
Good point but signing for us would effectively mean being out of contention for a CL trophy for the next couple of seasons at least. Ronaldo is a serial winner.
I’d celebrate like crazy if he joined us but I just can’t see it. His wage demands would be a killer too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good point but signing for us would effectively mean being out of contention for a CL trophy for the next couple of seasons at least. Ronaldo is a serial winner.
I’d celebrate like crazy if he joined us but I just can’t see it. His wage demands would be a killer too.
I don't think the hunger to win is there anymore, at least to the extent it was during his Madrid days. These days, he seems to be a family guy.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He left real madrid for juventus so clearly winning the CL isn't that high a priority anymore

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Didnt they progress further than Real his first season and you both went out the same stage last season?
Don'texplainthejokedon'texplainthejokedon'texplainthejoke...

Damn it. Check out juventus record in CL finals

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
What five top players upfront do we have?

None of our existing players except maybe Rashford would make the starting lineup for any top team in Europe.

Luke1995

What five top players upfront do we have?

None of our existing players except maybe Rashford would make the starting lineup for any top team in Europe.
Rashford Martial and Greenwood are all very young so they can get better.

Bobade

Rashford Martial and Greenwood are all very young so they can get better.
Is Martial that young though ? Isn't he 25 now ? Think they all potentially can get better but I don't see Martial getting much better, and I have been a big fan of his. He has great technical ability but his movement isn't great.

Also, why can none of our strikers head a ball ? Its basically nailed on that no forward will score a header.

Status
Not open for further replies.