Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Think enough has been said by players that there was a big chance he'd have returned if Sir Alex hadn't retired, there's not much doubt at this point really I don't think.
Yeah I know Evra said it, maybe others but I wouldn't want to get people to excited ;)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Isn't this the guy that was adamant we were signing Bruno last summer?
Word on the street is that we were going to but Woodward being Woodward meant we couldn't get it over the line. And then came the pathetic "United pulled out because he takes too many risks in possession" PR briefings.

wolvored

If he goes anywhere you can bet it will be PSG. Only other option is Bayern. His ego wouldnt allow him to play anywhere but the best team in any league.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Still think £80m was a bad deal for Juve. The economics simply don't make sense.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If he goes anywhere you can bet it will be PSG. Only other option is Bayern. His ego wouldnt allow him to play anywhere but the best team in any league.
Bayern has Lewandowski and will never ever pay his wages. PSG just signed Icardi.
Ronaldo’s agent is probably working on a raise at Juve.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This would be the dream for me. So many magical moments and a dream return for a Balon D’Or winner who was made in Old Trafford. We literally watched him grow from a flashy teenager into one of the best players in the world.

It would be a massive boost to the club to have him back for a few years, but I just can’t see it.

I think he has fond memories of United, but I don’t think he would see it as a homecoming. His vision has always been to squeeze every last drop out of his career and be the very best. I think United was the stage for him to develop and make it to Madrid, never more than that.

The only thing that makes me think that he might is a lack of options. Bayern are already dominant, Spain is out, Italy is done, nobody watches Ligue 1, so maybe??

I know it’s nonsensical, but I would trade Sancho coming for two years of Ronaldo back at United. It would be truly memorable.

Some of my best memories of the last years were seeing Zlatan in a United shirt, imagine seeing a legend and one of of your favourite ever players coming home!?

Think of the marketing Ed!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The source has just read my posts here from about 6 weeks ago. Would be great 2 year signing. Knock the scousers off top again, teach the young uns like lingard

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
The source has just read my posts here from about 6 weeks ago. Would be great 2 year signing. Knock the scousers off top again, teach the young uns like lingard
Commercially the transfer could pay off by itself - can you imagine re-negotiating our kit sponsors with Ronaldo at the helm?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Imagine he ended up at Barca with messi
Imagine he ended up back at Utd, in a Cantonaesque role, leading a squad of youngsters back to the top.

C'mon Ronnie, you know its the perfect bookend to your career!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont know why they'd back sarri rather than back Ronaldo for one last chance of CL.

Such an odd decision - Ronaldo & Sarri ? It's like Cake with pork curry.

United58

PSG is the obvious choice. Actually, the more I think about it the more sense it makes. He gets to add a French title and goes to one of the favourites for the CL (which is almost certainly his main priority), also a team who can pay him a shitload. And PSG not only gets him but also makes it more likely Mbappe will be eager to stick around to play with his idol.
This makes a lot of sense, would be a good movefor him as he continues to age (36 next February)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ben Foster went back to Watford after 11 years so I guess it’s about time for us to buy Ronaldo.
They should have never left their respective clubs in the first place.

SAFMUTD

For as much as I love Cristiano that ship has sailed, he'd be worth 60M at least and he is declining fast.

We are not a retirement camp, if he wanted to come it was two years ago at least, thanks for the memories but no thanks.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
PSG is the right place for him after Juve. Although not sure why he'd want to move right now.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Still think £80m was a bad deal for Juve. The economics simply don't make sense.
You seriously underestimate the brand and marketing power CR7 brought to Juventus. If there is a chance to sign CR7 for £60m even at age 36, do it right away.

USREDEVIL

Oh this old song and dance? :lol: He'll stay at Juve and maybe go to PSG. Don't think he's the type to return. More of a new beginning type of character.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Anytime I’ve watched him recently he looked not very good, like a player that is about to retire.
I don’t think United would be in for him if he becomes available, it’s pure nostalgia..
? He scored in 12 games in a row and has been more active then his last 2 years in Madrid. He was en route to 40 goals this season.

SportingCP96

Supports
He will either stay in Juve or go to PSG and bang in 50 goals a season while having the best chance to win a CL there.

PSG is a no brainer for me if I was him.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's that tit who posts "So pissed off right now, SOME PEOPLE don't understand loyalty" on FB in the hope someone will say "U ok hun? x".

Deery

Dreary
? He scored in 12 games in a row and has been more active then his last 2 years in Madrid. He was en route to 40 goals this season.
Didn’t realise his goal scoring record was that good, still enjoy watching him, just looked like he has lost a lot of his game too..

SportingCP96

Supports
Didn’t realise his goal scoring record was that good, still enjoy watching him, just looked like he has lost a lot of his game too..
No way haha Father time is undefeated but Ronaldo still has 2 or 3 years of top level football in him. Before Covid he was en route to breaking the most consecutive goal scoring record in serie a.

Status
Not open for further replies.