Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

Was this Ronaldo’s second season at Juve ? If so this’ll be for a new contract, I’m sure it was every two years at Real he’d angle for a new contract and pay rise.

I don’t see Ronaldo going to PSG unless one of Mbappe or Neymar were to leave nor do I see it working as Mbappe wants to play centrally whilst Neymar plays from the left so that’s Ronaldo’s positions taken.

We’ll get linked with him heavily as will Real despite their massive money problems meaning it can’t happen but then he’ll sign a new deal at Juve, he’s almost certainly headed to America once he leaves Juve and I’d imagine either Beckham’s team or LA Galaxy.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
Uncle Jorge works for us now, apparently he’s offered him a 2 bed semi detached in Wolverhampton and a free metro pass, looking forward to seeing him score at Molineux next season:D

El Zoido

It’s PSG or nothing. He’s not going to come here, if he’s frustrated at only winning the title in Italy why would he come back to United..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Uncle Jorge works for us now, apparently he’s offered him a 2 bed semi detached in Wolverhampton and a free metro pass, looking forward to seeing him score at Molineux next season:D
Hard to turn an offer like that down!

0le

It’s PSG or nothing. He’s not going to come here, if he’s frustrated at only winning the title in Italy why would he come back to United..
PL and CL double next year mate. :p

Revan

Assumptionman
Do we want him back?
Martial and Rashford are building something special, it would be a pity to break that even though Ronaldo is a better player than either. He would also make no economical sense.

So as much as I liked him, no.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's not going to PSG, there wouldn't be a proper spot for him and he'd just get in the way of Neymar and Mbappe who are both better players than him by now and already cost a fortune in wages. That ship has sailed a long time ago.
Neither of them are better than Ronaldo, especially not in big games. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen when PSG crash in UCL again.

RUCK4444

Silly question, he’d still be our top scorer.

Im biased though, I’d take him back if he was 50. He’s the only player that has that affect on me :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's 35 y.o. But he's still so fit, for anyone watching him. That acceleration, that power, that finishing are still there. He still play like when he's 28 y.o.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Neither of them are better than Ronaldo, especially not in big games. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen when PSG crash in UCL again.
That would be true if this was still 2018. I'm not trading either Mbappe or Neymar for CR7 and I suspect not many others would as well. The man is 35, he's still a great player but he's not better or even on level than either of those two at this stage of his career.

Lj82

Four - Ole was with us until August 2007!

Not that I think this will happen, or want it to - but I love the muppetry :lol:
Longer than that. Ole continued as a coach after retiring as a player. In fact, I'm pretty sure he coached Ronaldo on scoring goals as his first assignment as coach. Read that back then.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That would be true if this was still 2018. I'm not trading either Mbappe or Neymar for CR7 and I suspect not many others would as well. The man is 35, he's still a great player but he's not better or even on level than either of those two at this stage of his career.
He is quite literally better than both of them and its not even close.

If you take out Neymar and add CR7 (Just an example) They literally become one of the instant favorites for a reason.

Neither of those two are a top 3 player in the world as Ronaldo is.

Nori-

At this point he's just on a world tour to win as many different leagues as possible and create new records.

Won 3 leagues in 3 countries, if he goes to PSG it will almost be 4 in 4. Don't think anyones ever done that.

I'd say after a year at PSG he'd even go to Bayern if they'd take him then maybe the states to grow his brand even more. (Maybe win a league there too lol)

P.s Cavani gone now so CR7 would prob take that position. Imagine it....Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo. Yikes

Revan

Assumptionman
He is much better than those two. Of course trading Mbappe for him would be madness considering the age, but everyone would trade Neymar for him. Ronaldo probably has more years in top level than Neymar anyway.

Also, a "past it" Ronaldo, playing in a new team based on a new league (which is far more difficult than the French one) has scored this season twice as many goals as Neymar.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is much better than those two. Of course trading Mbappe for him would be madness considering the age, but everyone would trade Neymar for him. Ronaldo probably has more years in top level than Neymar anyway.

Also, a "past it" Ronaldo, playing in a new team based on a new league (which is far more difficult than the French one) has scored this season twice as many goals as Neymar.
There is a reason Neymar has never had a season in his career where he was superior to Ronaldo.

Ronaldo and Neymar don't even belong in a sentence together thats how big the gap is.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Ronaldo was at Juve last season already, also Neymar's primary role isn't to score but create. You also forgot Mbappe who had a better season in half the time and no penalties (that matters to some). It's not just based on age of either, I just wouldn't trade this CR7 for Mbappe or Neymar, and I can pretty much say with absolute certainty neither would PSG.

You can be impressed with his goals all you want (so long as we don't forget the context of his output in regards to penalties), but he's underwhelming overall and he's clearly not the same player he once was, nor should he be at 35 because he still plays at an extremely high level. I think he'd be brilliant in Ligue 1, but still a step below them and at his age, with his wages, it's not worth it; the PSG ship has sailed a few years ago IMO and this is just standard operating procedure for a contract renewal from the CR7 playbook

I'm not convinced a ton of people would trade Neymar for CR7 in 2020, I think that'd be a dumb move but to each their own. We'll just have to disagree.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm not trading Neymar for Ronaldo in 2020. It's silly to suggest Ronaldo is much better than those 2 in 2020. Ronaldo's not the same player he was 4-5 years ago.

PSG would lose a lot by making that exchange. They lose their main creative force in the team for a goalscorer who will occupy similar channels to Mbappe. And why ruin the Neymar-Mbappe duo which is arguably the best partnership in the world?

Ronaldo scored twice as many goals because of the obscene amount of penalties awarded in Serie A and Neymar's game isn't entirely based on goals either way.

Green_Red

Muppet season wouldn't be the same without the obligatory Ronaldo back to United transfer bullshit. The transfer muppets are loving it.

Eddy_JukeZ

He'll stay at Juventus.

Only way I can see him going to PSG is if Neymar leaves(but I don't think Neymar will leave now).

I highly doubt he'd be interested in a return to the Premier League at his age.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
ABout Neymar or Ronaldo. I know which player I'd take at United. One is a total pro (total fit also) and always one of the best, and the other is a talented player who has attitude issue and probably would be done in a few years. It's just silly to take Neymar, imho.

Revan

Assumptionman
ABout Neymar or Ronaldo. I know which player I'd take at United. One is a total pro (total fit also) and always one of the best, and the other is a talented player who has attitude issue and probably would be done in a few years. It's just silly to take Neymar, imho.
Yup. Ronaldo played 89 matches for Juve in the last 2 years. On the same time, Neymar played 52. This season Neymar played 24, while Ronaldo played 46.

Ronaldo is in a better physical condition than Neymar, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he would be playing in a higher level than Neymar 5 years from now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yup. Ronaldo played 89 matches for Juve in the last 2 years. On the same time, Neymar played 52. This season Neymar played 24, while Ronaldo played 46.

Ronaldo is in a better physical condition than Neymar, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he would be playing in a higher level than Neymar 5 years from now.
Came to say exactly this, only 3 years rather than 5. I think they will both be retired in 5.

Revan

Assumptionman
Came to say exactly this, only 3 years rather than 5. I think they will both be retired in 5.
Ronaldo can easily play when he will be 40 if he doesn’t get his leg broken. Higgs played until that age and he was never as fit as Ronaldo.

But yes, it can be X years, be it 1, 3 or 5. He is a better player and has more years on his tank. Neymar is very good but he misses half the season, and struggles to score 25 playing for PSG in France.

Status
Not open for further replies.